New Mythic Boosters

blaa

Perhaps the more experienced D3 players can offer some insight here. I apologise if this post wanders around a bit through issues. I'm trying to assess the impact over multiple moving parts.

The AM booster (+15% to damage when attacking in Leagues and Seasons for the next 100 battles performances).

Is it common for D3 players to ignore Seasons? From what I've seen from the LC, that does NOT seem likely. In fact, the XP rewards from Seasons are generally fundamental to the first day's strategy. Assuming that Seasons is still important to most D3 players, then the AM booster creates a disincentive to skilled play as far as I can see.

You put on your AM Booster, you now want to use the 100 performances in the League because you simply don't need them in Seasons. So your choice is now ignoring the natural regens of the Season performances until such time as you've used up the 100 booster performances, slowing your progress through the Season rewards, or Koban blasting the performaces in the League (from what I've seen some players do this successfully on the first day anyway) to burn through the 100 booster performances. If you go with the latter, you're going to have to disregard any efforts to catch players unboosted/on the Blessing change over. Yes, you've got a 15% boost against everyone, but is that going to give you as much as catching players unboosted?

If that's correct, then this seems to significantly favor established players, over those lower level players trying to grind their way up. The 15% attack booster is great for a player who has less need of catching unboosted players. High level, already going to win most matches, squeezes extra points out. But for any player that relies on catching unboosted players to make up for their lower level, they're going to have to a) waste performances on Seasons as they HAVE to wait to catch players unboosted or b) ignore Seasons to conserve the performances. Ignoring Seasons doesn't seem a viable option, so that means that lower level players would have to spend more Kobans (due to wasting performances on Seasons) to be competitive than higher level players.

Am I missing something?

Edited by JustVisiting

1 hour ago, JustVisiting said:

Perhaps the more experienced D3 players can offer some insight here. I apologise if this post wanders around a bit through issues. I'm trying to assess the impact over multiple moving parts.

The AM booster (+15% to damage when attacking in Leagues and Seasons for the next 100 battles performances).

Is it common for D3 players to ignore Seasons? From what I've seen from the LC, that does NOT seem likely. In fact, the XP rewards from Seasons are generally fundamental to the first day's strategy. Assuming that Seasons is still important to most D3 players, then the AM booster creates a disincentive to skilled play as far as I can see.

You put on your AM Booster, you now want to use the 100 performances in the League because you simply don't need them in Seasons. So your choice is now ignoring the natural regens of the Season performances until such time as you've used up the 100 booster performances, slowing your progress through the Season rewards, or Koban blasting the performaces in the League (from what I've seen some players do this successfully on the first day anyway) to burn through the 100 booster performances. If you go with the latter, you're going to have to disregard any efforts to catch players unboosted/on the Blessing change over. Yes, you've got a 15% boost against everyone, but is that going to give you as much as catching players unboosted?

If that's correct, then this seems to significantly favor established players, over those lower level players trying to grind their way up. The 15% attack booster is great for a player who has less need of catching unboosted players. High level, already going to win most matches, squeezes extra points out. But for any player that relies on catching unboosted players to make up for their lower level, they're going to have to a) waste performances on Seasons as they HAVE to wait to catch players unboosted or b) ignore Seasons to conserve the performances. Ignoring Seasons doesn't seem a viable option, so that means that lower level players would have to spend more Kobans (due to wasting performances on Seasons) to be competitive than higher level players.

Am I missing something?

A player who doesn't catch the other players unboosted is not going to win in D3, period. But you can speed up your battles as long as it's against unboosted players. In fact, it's important that you catch all players unboosted, or as many players as you can, and if you need to refresh your battles to be sure of that so be it.
Wasting some performances in Season is not that problematic, we reach tier 51 at half month without any effort. And you can use Season fights between one booster and the next.
It's more micromanaging though, and this game doesn't need more of that, it's becoming a burden. If they're going to have this booster at least make it to only work in the league or have one for the league and one for Season.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

ignoring the natural regens of the Season performances until such time as you've used up the 100 booster performances, slowing your progress through the Season rewards

That's an already established strategy among a number of competitive players, warped around KC events. We don't need all of the month's natural regen to reach tier 51 of the Season, and stockpiling kisses to have the most on hand for KC events is more valuable than reaching certain rewards earlier in the month. Especially since, as you've noticed with the XP ones saved up for LC, some rewards are best claimed at specific times rather than as soon as you unlock them.

So this won't actually change all that much for many of us, just a bit extra minmaxing required to time your mythic cordyceps so that you have a lot of use for them in league, at times when you're not doing season fights anyway.

• Like 2

Thanks chaps. I generally finish Seasons tier 51 around the 17th-19th, but it makes me question whether I'm playing Seasons optimally. Perhaps by using every single regen, I'm pushing my Mojo total up quicker, meaning I get less per performance. Whereas if I missed some, my Mojo total would be lower at any given time and I'd receive more per performance, allowing for the wastage you discuss.

And thanks Dv - I claim no rewards from Seasons unless there's an alternative (longer lasting) wallet to store them in (like girl XP, Aff, Pachinko etc) or I specifically need to use them.

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 1

I don't like it. I'm not willing to spend all these kobans to remain competitive in PVP and if this stays as is and I really can't manage to reach the higher tier league rewards anymore, due to not using the mythic boosters, this might actually be a reason for me to give up on this game.
Not because this alone is too much for me, but there've been many changes in recent months that made the game more time-intensive, more pay to win and generally more annoying.
I want to be entertained and have fun, playing Hentai Heroes, if it becomes a chore, nothing is simpler than to stop wasting time on it.
And I don't come to this decision itself easily, considering I'm getting really close to the level cap now and have invested a lot of time and by now also money into this.

Edited by botc76
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Discgear said:

We're back to this again are we

At least they removed epics, and the number of boosters you need per day is minimal. It's not on the same level as the books/gifts, and because of the variety of types of mythic gift, you do actually want to see a few of them per market.

10 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

The All MAstery booster is straight up pay to win and i don't like it.

They robbed the fourth booster slots and the All mAstery is better than Cordyceps. So either you have the new booster or you will lose.

Great!!!

(not)

It's not a necessary item. It's not great design, but you don't HAVE to use it. The impact of these is yet to shake out, and I'm going to avoid using All Mastery for a few weeks so I can see what kind of gap it causes.

Also, updating thread title, guess it's live server content now :P

• Like 5

• GeorgeMTO changed the title to New Mythic Boosters

*slow tapping*

Congratulations Devs, you've now nearly completed the f**ked up the games competitive part. And your f-uping with will be perfected, once you add kobans only mythic gears in the next few weeks. 

Then we can started to call this games competitive part for what it has been long time already.

Pay to win.  

• Like 4
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Discgear said:

We're back to this again are we

Yeah, not at all. Boosters is the one tab in the market that most (long-time) players typically don't purchase anything from most of the time. And existing boosters already cost kobans, not cash, so it's very different from the issue we had for books and gifts, almost the opposite really.

I'll see a leg cord once in two blue moons instead of one, maybe. Meanwhile, seeing a lot of the new mythic boosters rotate in my market increases my chances to catch the few specific types I'm interested in purchasing, out of all 8 types. If they were limited to just one or two slots, it would be very very slow and frustrating. I would be strongly opposed to that.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

After equipping a AM booster (for a failed attempt at top 4 in a hard league) to try and find out its impact the reverse way of George above, I think my stats got bugged. I waited for the booster to expire, but it stayed like this. At least for me:

Screenshot_20210911_082529.thumb.jpg.76c26308da2c025407676a710997d908.jpg

Can @casey or @Z-Wave confirm this is what you see too? Because whenever I fight I properly have 480k ego, not 36.1k 😂

Edited by DHarry

1 hour ago, 45026831 said:

Nothing to do with the booster, it's a visual bug on mobile. It's showing your defense as your ego and harmony.

Well, I happened to notice right after I applied the booster. I know it's all like my defense. When did this happen then? Never did that before.

It's lame because if it's just on mobile they probably won't give a flying $%# about it. But I almost solely play on my phone. 

4 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Well, I happened to notice right after I applied the booster. I know it's all like my defense. When did this happen then? Never did that before.

It's lame because if it's just on mobile they probably won't give a flying $%# about it. But I almost solely play on my phone. 

It's unrelated to the booster. Mobile was previously displaying 0 defence since the switch to the BDSM system, and apparently the fix broke the ego/harmony display. They'll get to it eventually.

• Thanks 1