One-Star Girls [Survey] - MORE Feedback

DvDivXXX

Rating 1-Star Girls: ART QUALITY vs INSPIRATION  

9 members have voted

1. 1. ART QUALITY: Superstar-Boku-Mi-Maï

• Poor (rushed, traced, mistakes, wrong choice of style)
    • Decent (not amazing and/or has a few issues, but solid overall)
    • Excellent (no issues, not a copy-paste, and really good)
  2. 2. INSPIRATION: Superstar-Boku-Mi-Maï

• Poor (nothing intriguing or pleasant to my tastes)
    • Decent (it's pretty cool overall)
    • Excellent (very exciting and/or right up my alley)
  3. 3. ART QUALITY: Lily

4. 4. INSPIRATION: Lily

5. 5. ART QUALITY: Bombshell-Arianne

6. 6. INSPIRATION: Bombshell-Arianne

7. 7. ART QUALITY: Curious-Claryssa

8. 8. INSPIRATION: Curious-Claryssa

9. 9. ART QUALITY: Jasmyn

10. 10. INSPIRATION: Jasmyn

11. 11. ART QUALITY: Manuella

12. 12. INSPIRATION: Manuella

13. 13. ART QUALITY: Keira-At-Home

14. 14. INSPIRATION: Keira-At-Home

I'm glad there's a survey about one-star girls, but I feel it's incomplete and doesn't allow for very useful feedback to be given. Let me explain why and how it could be improved upon.

1/ Girls missing from the list

1.  Superstar-Boku-Mi-Maï 
  2.  Lily 
  3.  Bombshell-Arianne 
  4. Curious-Claryssa
  5. Jasmyn
  6. Manuella
  7. Keira-At-Home
  8. Skimpy-Stephanie
  9. Sweet-Revenge
  10. Queen
  11. Leashed-Ria
  12. Night-Out-Judy
  13. Sassy-Bitch
  14. Anti-Bra-Deitra
  15. Punk-Astis
  16. Exotic-Zeina
  17. Ruthless-Maika
  18. Hospitable-Charlie
  19. Mistress-Ombresse

Out of the current pool of 66 girls, 19 absent from the poll is a lot. And a fair number of these have the potential to have significantly below or above average scores. In my case, several favorites are on that list.

2/ No nuances allowed

Having just a simple score from 1 to 5 for "the girl" as a whole makes little sense in general, but especially here. The goal of the survey is supposed to be finding out which 1-star girls a majority of players would have liked to see more of. You won't (correctly) identify that without differentiating at least between design/theme and execution/art quality.

Many 1-star girls are obviously rushed jobs, very often based on shameless tracing of past girls' poses and affection scenes (including the same old drawing being recycled multiple times within the limited pool of 1-star girls themselves). A lot of them are also just poorly drawn, and/or drawn in a style that really doesn't suit HH's visual style (plenty of giant, dead eyes in there, among other issues). AND the number of undeniable mistakes (notably a left foot on a right leg) is through the roof compared to other girl types (another sign of how rushed it is).

That deserves a low score in art quality. A low art quality doesn't mean we don't like the character, design and theme, let alone that we wouldn't like to see more (and better).

The opposite is true. Some of them are well made but not particularly interesting or exciting in terms of design or theme. And everything in between of course.

Which deserves a low score in inspiration. A low score in inspiration (design/theme) doesn't mean we dislike the art style and execution, though, let alone that we wouldn't like to see more (and more inspired) girls drawn in a similar way.

As an experiment, I'll try to set up a complementary poll with the 19 missing girls listed above, for which I'll try to allow for two separate scores per girl (Art quality and Inspiration). Let's hope I can pull it off (I'm no Finder for polls ^^). Okay, actually that would be too many questions for the forum poll format. I'll try just the first 7 for now:

1. Superstar-Boku-Mi-Maï z2M.png
  2.  Lily zC9.png
  3.  Bombshell-Arianne zFa.png
  4. Curious-Claryssaz2i.png
  5. JasmynzCJ.png
  6. ManuellazHm.png
  7. Keira-At-HomezFf.png
  • Like 4

• DvDivXXX changed the title to One-Star Girls [Survey] - MORE Feedback

Arianne, Boku and Claryssa have already 3*-versions. I don't have all the 1 star in my harem but I suppose it's why 19 girls are not in Kinkoid's survey. But Semana is in the survey and already has a 3 *-version too, and Jasmyn has no variation and is not in the survey, so I agree the rules followed are not very clear.

5 hours ago, Kaitana said:

I don't have all the 1 star in my harem but I suppose it's why 19 girls are not in Kinkoid's survey.

No, it really doesn't fit. I have them all in my collection and I spent a lot of time reviewing them for the survey, and again to make this thread. Most of them are variants of existing characters, and the distribution of new characters vs variants is similar in the group they included in the survey and the group they forgot. (Besides the few you've mentioned, 15 out the 19 missing girls are 1-star versions of established HH girls, only 4 are new ones).

I doubt they were excluded on purpose, honestly. Granted, almost a third is a lot to omit inadvertently, but it's still the most plausible explanation.

Anyway, these polls are tough to do, and the more votes, the more useful the results will be. Please vote, folks! That'd be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocJD said:

I do my best to ignore the one star girls. I still can't figure out what use they are.

Well, mechanically, not a lot. For eye candy and collection purposes, at best they can serve as a sneak peek, a teaser or just a way to experiment with different directions for poses and especially affection scenes to test the waters, without committing too hard (which is what this thread is all about, and hopefully the official survey we currently have in the in-game News section as well). In this way, they can be a good thing.

The issue is that, of course, when a 1-star girl is particularly well-designed, well-drawn and her one affection scene grabs your attention, it can be frustrating that it stops there, and you'd like to see more. So, if Kinkoid can get a decent idea of which directions are popular in the 1-star girl experiments, it could eventually be a win-win as they'd get hints of new directions to explore further in future girls with more upgrades. Unfortunately, they won't be able to identify this correctly with an incomplete survey that only asks for one average score per experiment, as they did here...

For instance, I can't give Festive-Levitya a 5/5 or a 4/5 even though I love the character, the scene is pretty good and the design, costume, the poses and the art style are great overall; but the double left foot on her second pose brings the score down by a ton for me (especially since it's a pose that showcases her feet, a classic erotic pose I like a lot but that they rarely use for some reason). But I'd love to see more of her, and maybe eventually a rework of this drawing error. One score won't tell them that. A high score in inspiration and a low score in execution would.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:21 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Well, mechanically, not a lot. For eye candy and collection purposes, at best they can serve as a sneak peek, a teaser or just a way to experiment with different directions for poses and especially affection scenes to test the waters, without committing too hard (which is what this thread is all about, and hopefully the official survey we currently have in the in-game News section as well). In this way, they can be a good thing.

The issue is that, of course, when a 1-star girl is particularly well-designed, well-drawn and her one affection scene grabs your attention, it can be frustrating that it stops there, and you'd like to see more. So, if Kinkoid can get a decent idea of which directions are popular in the 1-star girl experiments, it could eventually be a win-win as they'd get hints of new directions to explore further in future girls with more upgrades. Unfortunately, they won't be able to identify this correctly with an incomplete survey that only asks for one average score per experiment, as they did here...

For instance, I can't give Festive-Levitya a 5/5 or a 4/5 even though I love the character, the scene is pretty good and the design, costume, the poses and the art style are great overall; but the double left foot on her second pose brings the score down by a ton for me (especially since it's a pose that showcases her feet, a classic erotic pose I like a lot but that they rarely use for some reason). But I'd love to see more of her, and maybe eventually a rework of this drawing error. One score won't tell them that. A high score in inspiration and a low score in execution would.

It takes enough time just to play the game. I don't spend much time looking at the pictures. At this point, I have so many girls I probably couldn't identify most of them. I remember the ones I got during the first month or two and the 5 star girls. The rest are just numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1