Patch notes Week #39

Zorba the Geek

I searched for a thread on this topic, but I couldn't find it.  So apologies if I have duplicated an existing topic.  No doubt George or one of the other moderators will remove or move it if that's the case.

The demise of the dating tokens "until further notice"...  At least they still apply for the upcoming classic event (presumably from tonight - my time).  HH argue it's to 'restore balance' and to maintain the 'rarity', (or exclusivity?), of girls.  I was intending to use event tokens to get those girls available from Legendary Days or from Legendary Contests where I had missed out, but with enough shards for them to be within reach.  But now this will be unlikely.  Although girls reappear in Legendary days, they do not seem to in Kinky Cumpetition or Legendary Contests.  Nor can I ever obtain these girls from Mythic Pachinko it seems.  I could've saved and saved my dating tokens to eventually get them but now my hopes are dashed.  Oh,and it's not as if the dating tokens were freely available anyway.  One could only get them during classic events, ie, once a month.

I don't see why I should be denied future dating tokens just because I want to woo and date those special girls I most lust after to 'get them over the line'.  Kinkoid loves to trot out the word 'balance' a lot when a change is made to players' disadvantage.  He did this with the significant reduction in the availability of the x3 epic orbs in PoP (and it is).  What he didn't say was that this reduction is across the board, fewer single orbs available from epic daily missions, too.  As well as this I have noticed a reduction in the drop rate for girls where orbs are spent, not a huge amount, but noticeable, especially when compared with earlier times.  Having said that, I just got two girls on the trot from spending orbs in Peregrine Took: Fangirl Jezebel and Madame Lilac.  But this was exceptional.  In three accounts I saved up orbs until I had twenty, then played EP to see what would happen... big fat zero!  And this played out over time in all my other accounts except Peregrine Took.  I have had girls drop with only one orb to play, but this is understandably very rare given the nature of the RNG, and for me this was always the case.

I have to concede that the original setup for PoP was unusually generous, and I've gone on the record as having said that, but I think they've gone too far to 'correct' things.  They have also introduced three new categories to compete with those existing for rewards (in previous patch notes).  Not only this, but the new rewards offered are pretty underwhelming.  I say 'compete' because the new and the old still have only 6 temporary slots to fill, but with 3 new categories to compete for the random allocation of slots - 7 as opposed to 4 originally.  And already this has had consequences for me:  Two weeks on the trot in this account without my most covetted categories: Bouncing buns (koban and cash rewards) and It's Just Natural (x3 epic orbs and cash rewards).

If we're talking about 'balance' how about revisiting the champion ticket confetti they keep throwing at us?  I now have over 6,500 tickets I can use in each account and I'll never be able to use them all.  From my perspective these need to be cut right back with some sort of balance restored.  Others who are keen on Champions performances might disagree with me and play it a lot, but I restrict myself to PoA events where I like a clean slate (impressions at zero) to give myself a decent shot of achieving all 60 performances in time with all six champions intact.  Those who like playing a lot have probably won all six girls so, apart from PoA, what is their incentive to keep playing?  For them, being swamped with tickets, in daily missions especially, would surely be pointless.  I do admit that in PoP I have received far fewer tickets since the three new categories were introduced, but I still seem to get an awful lot of them.

I guess we must wait breathlessly for these exciting new opportunities talked about to manifest - BDSM, I can't wait!  Do I have to wear a baby's bonnet and get tied to the bed in my undies so I can enjoy being thrashed within an inch of my life by some bosomy Brunhilda in leathers and a cat o' nine tails?  As Hannibal Lecter would say: "sounds charming", and it also sounds like your average British public school fantasy.

Oh, one last thing, that dreadful Foreplay Event from the last anniversary... it would seem that neither Spectra or Serena are now available.  They're not on my list of thumbnails in EP and I didn't manage to get them at the time (no great loss, as far as I'm concerned, but that's not the point).  My question is why not?  If they're truly one-off girls, this makes them genuinely exclusive and also tells me that the last anniversary wasn't all that generous compared with previous years.  In fact, for me it was an utter non-event.  It was especially unfair to newer players not that far along the worlds.

11 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

No doubt George or one of the other moderators will remove or move it if that's the case.

Moving a simple post to another thread is safe and easy, but moving an opening post is a bit risky (we have to merge the threads). So instead, please just repost your relevant feedback on the latest patch in the thread you couldn't find (link below). I'll close this duplicate thread once it's done.

For future reference, we've stopped having individual feedback threads for each patch a long time ago. There's just one ongoing sticky thread in Announcements, which is always about the latest patch (including player feedback):

5 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Moving a simple post to another thread is safe and easy, but moving an opening post is a bit risky (we have to merge the threads). So instead, please just repost your relevant feedback on the latest patch in the thread you couldn't find (link below). I'll close this duplicate thread once it's done.

For future reference, we've stopped having individual feedback threads for each patch a long time ago. There's just one ongoing sticky thread in Announcements, which is always about the latest patch (including player feedback):

Thank you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Oh, one last thing, that dreadful Foreplay Event from the last anniversary... it would seem that neither Spectra or Serena are now available.

This is off-topic for the other thread, so I'll reply here.

I've had the same disappointment back in August when this happened, and I've asked then. The answer I was given is that they're considered as "event girls" even though they were created following the now usual pattern for new girls matching older themes during their revivals. Every OD, we get two new girls this way, and even though they each match one of the revived events' theme, they're always new permanent Epic Pachinko girls. These two, because they were introduced during a ForePlay instead of an Orgy Days, followed different rules... So now they're attached to older events, presumably (and/or to the Anniversary slash ForePlay format) and we should see them again next August. V_v

• Thinking 1