A Place To Discuss The Story

JoeEl85

One of the things that I've always found odd on this forum that there's no place where we can talk about the story.  I know it's to avoid spoilers, but I remember one part of a story that left a bad taste in my mouth and wanted to speak about it before I realized that there was no place to do so on the forums.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've noticed as well. I wanted to start a series of threads and polls for each world (for each scroll actually - surprise! xD) once it releases to discuss it's art, themes and highlights, and general haremverse topics. Depriving myself from overdoing it :$, I think it can be some general story-related topic.

@everyone, guys, what do you think? Yay or nay? Do we need it? And can we, forum regulars, do it without spoiling it?

• Like 5

I'm really positive about but.. It  would be very hard to discuss a story without spoiling the story. If the user quote what's happened, he's spoiling. I had twice the same feeling, but I cannot quote when and what... I think it can become extra work for admins too, to check every possible spoiler.

I dunno if maybe a red flashing warning about spoilers in the section (or maybe a new section? Locked?) can help with that.

Hey, that's a great idea! I think we need such a theme. But yeah, spoilers is a big problem, so how about this. One big theme in "General Discussion" for sharing your opinions on the story with the usual "no spoilers" policy, where everyone can safely walk in and talk about it without catching any spoilers. Maybe add a rule that the last 2 released scrolls shouldn't be discussed at all. And also, another theme, maybe somewhere like a "Feedback" section, where spoilers for older scrolls are allowed and you can actually discuss the story without holding back. You would have to put a spoiler policy in the title though or people will violate it too often. And in that second section we can hold like weekly discussions about some old scrolls.

I think both such themes have a place here. I don't want to talk about story with spoilers allowed for example, but I have a lot to say about it without spoiling too much. Like for example [Potential spoilers starts here, maybe, I'm not sure] I don't like where the story is heading for the last 3 or so worlds. I liked the first ones, where it was a general fantasy story where lewd theme was on. And I liked it. And I miss it. There was so much potential at the start of Digisekai, but they decided to go in a different direction and do more focus on the "story". And it's still fun sometimes and maybe the game needed it. But I would rather read the normal adventures, where the hero is thrown in different fantasy adventures. Well, normal fantasy adventures with all lewd and sexy stuff turned to a maximum.
I mean, they could add Racing world, where they have an all around the world journey with a competing rival. They could add prehistoric world, alien world, steampunk, cyberpunk. Hell, anything from our own history works too. A gala in a 18-19th century France with fancy dresses and some mystery to solve. Which they tried to do in the events, but it was meh. And I'm talking about both fancy parties and detective stories. Ancient Rome with a gladiator arena, just with different sort of "gladiators". Middle East with the deserts, magic and all that stuff that's cool, like from the Aladdin, Sinbad and similar stories. I mean, the potential is limitless. Aren't we supposed to explore this wonderful world and what it has to offer?