Hero's Adventure Discussion [No Spoilers!]

FinderKeeper

Hey guys,

Here is a place to discuss and give feedback to the story of the Haremverse adventure of your Hero, it's themes, and art.

Usual rules apply - no image spoilers of any scenes.

You can give references to the story events as needed to discuss them, but try to keep it minimal and not spoiling it beyond that. Saying "hero traverses Juy Sea by ship" and "Bonny is very demanding but cute" is fine, describing captain's condition is not. Please use common sense.

Even then some posts might receive moderation. If it would become a burden for moderation team, this thread might get locked and hidden away.

Thank you for reading! ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The first Side Quest takes place on a beach.

From the artwork, which shows palm trees, I think it is one of three places

1) Mermaid Island (technically in the world of Begin City)

2) A small spit of beach between Begin City and Gems Kingdom (but the artwork doesn't show any beach at that location)

3) The beach at the beginning of the Gems Kingdom adventure.

Any guesses on where the beach is?

Edited by Pelinor
I added my top 3 possibilities

37 minutes ago, 45026831 said:

If you're looking for a serious answer, it's (much like a lot of the backgrounds in the side-quests) a re-used asset from Clicker. This beach, specifically is from Chapter 6 on the island of Solaria.

Well of course I'm being serious!  When on adventure or quest it is really nice to know where my character is at. 🤣 So what say we put the Island of Solaria off the western coast, between Begin City and Gems Kingdom?

Great choice of thread, this, and the 'no spoilers' rule is acknowledged, but I may creep over the edge.  Oops if I do.

As members may have noted, I've been going right back through the world adventures when I've been bored.  The outcome was really interesting for me.

From Digisekai on (or maybe even the end of Splatters Archipelago) much was revealed about the Haremverse and our hero's somewhat accidental role it.  The story ceased to be linear and took on an altogether more expansive multi-dimensional identity.  Much has to do with characters' memories and how this has played into how the Haremverse and other worlds have been nuanced and even created.  That they do unwittingly create worlds is revealed in the shared experiences of other characters.  Oh, and something else I cannot discuss, but it has something to do with the founding characters...

There has been a lot of switching and space-time dimension events that lovers of the movie, Donny Darko, would appreciate.

For those wondering what 'alt' means in front of new haremettes, it refers to their 'alternative selves' and 'alternative dimensions' (like Shokushu), but none of this is true for the were animals like the Longteeth and Carott families who, as is known right from the start, are able to cross dimensions at will and do so to recruit more heroes.  Some of the profiles (such as Alt. Lupa's) have actually been hinted at in the story - blink and you might miss it, unless you do what I'm doing and review the whole story from go to whoa.  Even Moe Bunny (one of the Mythic girls) makes absolute sense when one appreciates how much she means to our hero (and vice versa), and how much her deepest memories play a role.  Moe refers to deep affection and we have to guess what that might mean as it applies to Bunny.  Could it actually be that dreaded 'L' word HH are so loathe to seriously use in this story?

The bit I'm still puzzled about is the existence of new worlds.  Up until now I had assumed they were pocket dimensions within the same Haremverse, but I may be wrong.  Is it all our hero's dream or just a game?  If the writers are attempting to mess with our heads they succeeding - in the nicest possible way!

Some of the characters' names bear scrutiny.  Seraphine, for example.  This appears to refer to a 'fiery' maiden or personality.  This doesn't match her at all, but does her Raphine/Neono offshoot.  Seraphine is definitely a name that would best apply to the likes of Kalissa, for example - quite literally in her case.

It's become a very much more interesting story as it has evolved within Hentai Heroes and for this I am very grateful.  It is more than a mere sex-fest than early on with (from my perspective) too much fucking, fluids and squirting, except when they play a role in parody and comedy.  Fortunately there is an awful lot of that and lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

• Like 2

I can clearly see the development with the Hero and Bunny and I'm enjoying it for the most part.  Though after a certain scene, my opinion of the latter has dropped (Yes, I know what they were going for, but it completely failed and made lose respect for the character).  I don't exactly hate her, but she'll have to work a bit to redeem herself.

Speaking of redemption, I enjoying another certain character's arc and can't wait to see where it goes.

Edited by JoeEl85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeEl85 said:

I can clearly see the development with the Hero and Bunny and I'm enjoying it for the most part.  Though after a certain scene, my opinion of the latter has dropped (Yes, I know what they were going for, but it completely failed and made lose respect for the character).  I don't exactly hate her, but she'll have to work a bit to redeem herself.

It happened to me too... well, I guess we are refering to the same scene, the "top of the climbing" so to speak.

• Like 1

I was thinking how similar but also divergent is the hero story and Rance one.

https://alicesoft.fandom.com/wiki/Rance

Both are paired with a pink haired girl. They're not the smarter guys around. They embark on a journey to "catch them all", ending in strange places and building a large harem (that fight in teams and bring money home--- O_O'). They break the 4th wall and their universes have "impossible technology" show up. They bang on princesses quite often. They'll end in a plot to save not just a world, but dimensions. They also look a bit similar.

By contrast, Rance is way more malicious and proactive, with an uncanny ego. Hero is somehow a gentle, humble guy.

Such characters will work incredibly well together, so I hope one day to read the adventures of Hero and "Rance" competing for a princess.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, JoeEl85 said:

Speaking of redemption, I enjoying another certain character's arc and can't wait to see where it goes.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:50 AM, Kenrae said:

It happened to me too... well, I guess we are refering to the same scene, the "top of the climbing" so to speak.

Same with me. My opinion also changed. But with no spoiler policy I'm not even sure that we're talking about the same scene. Should we add numbers for worlds and scrolls in order to not confuse each other? Cause I was referring to it as a "memory line" ...

But for me it wasn't a straight up drop of the opinion. Adding details and events and how they affected the character is important for character development. And maybe they tried to do that. But I don't like how they did it.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the general direction of the later worlds? I really liked the whole "New World - New adventure" theme and there's so much stuff to explore and instead they're heading in that direction. I mean, world building is still important, but I think they put too much focus on that. And focus on other characters is also important, but again, I think they're overdoing it at this point.

I mean, it's the game of "Catch them all" so you're supposed to travel to new places and meet new faces. And with this setting we can travel anywhere. Even in time and space! Visit some alien planet for a bunch of alien girls! Visit the future and get some cyberpunk theme. Or steampunk, depending on how that future went. Travel in the past! Go in the past or the part of the world where there's no phones and internet. Meet a Sherlock Holmes girl and solve a mystery with her. Fight in the "gladiator" arena in this game's version of Ancient Rome. Or just go and meet some dinosaurs. And who knows, maybe orcs actually evolved from dinosaurs somehow and you helped in that endeavour. I mean there's so many themes to explore. But we only do that in events and it's different from the story. When they introduced Side Quests I thought that they will add some moments like that. Like an actual short story from some recent event, so we can actually go through that story instead of reading dew words in daily missions. But no, instead those side quests are ... well, I'm not even sure what they're about.

2 hours ago, Bomba said:

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the general direction of the later worlds?

I don't know if you're the only one, but I love the new direction. The old scrolls were fun but started to become boring, some more complex story was needed.

I agree on the sidequests though, most are underwhelming.

Edited by Kenrae

4 hours ago, Bomba said:

But with no spoiler policy I'm not even sure that we're talking about the same scene. Should we add numbers for worlds and scrolls in order to not confuse each other? Cause I was referring to it as a "memory line" ...

We're figuring it out as we go.

Naming worlds and scrolls should be fine, I think. As well as naming characters present in as scene and naming locations. Vague references to the events should also be fine, but deciding on acceptable vagueness is tricky.

@NoaccWe may need your input on the above.

I'm thinking along these lines:

"Begin City, Bunny's House 1. Hero receives a package." - Acceptable

"Hero gets a Fruit of Power" - Spoiler

"Fruit of Power is perishable" - No problems here

"Hero gets a Fruit of Power and now his boner is always ready" - Major Spoiler (...now I wonder if I'll get reported for this xD )

"Alban storms in and is very unhappy" - Light Spoiler / Acceptable

"Alban storms in and is very unhappy as the fruit belonged to him" - Spoiler

"Begin City, Bunny's House 1. Hero and Alban have an argument" - No problems. Yes, I really think so. But we may need a confirmation here.

"Begin City, Bunny's House 1. Hero and Alban have an argument which ends up in a threesome" - In this game? No problems! ^_^

"Begin City, Bunny's House 2. Girls tell our hero of mistreatment by other guys." - Light Spoiler

"In Haremverse girls can be mistreated by guys" - No problems... I mean... It is a problem! That's the whole point! But it's not a plot twist! ;)

I guess, I need to try to sum it up again in a few readable rules. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears!

*No, Bunny, not you... What? Ears? Ha! You have lovely ones!*

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bomba said:

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the general direction of the later worlds? I really liked the whole "New World - New adventure" theme and there's so much stuff to explore and instead they're heading in that direction. I mean, world building is still important, but I think they put too much focus on that. And focus on other characters is also important, but again, I think they're overdoing it at this point.

Nope. Not the only one. I liked it too.

I think they also underestimate player experience. On their end something looks like an interesting bit of character- and worldbuilding. On our end we have to spend three days getting through a drama that looks and reads heavier this way.

5 hours ago, Bomba said:

I mean, it's the game of "Catch them all" so you're supposed to travel to new places and meet new faces. And with this setting we can travel anywhere. Even in time and space! Visit some alien planet for a bunch of alien girls! Visit the future and get some cyberpunk theme. Or steampunk, depending on how that future went. Travel in the past! Go in the past or the part of the world where there's no phones and internet. Meet a Sherlock Holmes girl and solve a mystery with her. Fight in the "gladiator" arena in this game's version of Ancient Rome. Or just go and meet some dinosaurs. And who knows, maybe orcs actually evolved from dinosaurs somehow and you helped in that endeavour. I mean there's so many themes to explore. But we only do that in events and it's different from the story.

Sign me up - I'd like to read this!

And who knows, maybe orcs actually evolved from dinosaurs somehow and you helped in that endeavour.

Wait, what? xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears!

*No, Bunny, not you... What? Ears? Ha! You have lovely ones!*

Sorry, @FinderKeeper, but the first thing that came into my head when you wrote about all ears is this pic with our boy Dolph from Universal Soldier:

559f862c05c7fef720c51953adb3a656.jpg.93dfa1116a5b82e571b9eefb2171033a.jpg

😀😀😀😀

Regarding the discussed topic I just wanted to ask if it's relevant to point out graphical issues here (which noone will ever correct) or it is more about general idea of the adventure and writing?

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Regarding the discussed topic I just wanted to ask if it's relevant to point out graphical issues here (which noone will ever correct) or it is more about general idea of the adventure and writing?

If you want them fixed, I'd go to #adventure-spoilers-dsicussion and #hh-bugs-report on Discord

2 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

If you want them fixed, I'd go to #adventure-spoilers-dsicussion and #hh-bugs-report on Discord

Nah (very nice english word 😃), too much effort for no real benefit. It's even funnier that way, when the toes turned in the opposite direction or the leg looks like chicken leg 😀

Nope. Not the only one. I liked it too.

I think they also underestimate player experience. On their end something looks like an interesting bit of character- and worldbuilding. On our end we have to spend three days getting through a drama that looks and reads heavier this way.

Oh yeah. Now I remember how at some point I was just skipping Digisekai without even reading. Because at that point I simply didn't remember what happened at the start of that world ... or in the middle ... or just a page ago because I clicked twice by accident and couldn't return back anymore to read it. But it actually made sense when it got finished and I was able to read it from the beginning to the end.

Sign me up - I'd like to read this!

Wait, what? xD

You know what, I do have quite a few ideas to share. And long ago I was even posting them in the "Ideas main" which is dead for quite some time now. But maybe it's time for a resurrection. 

And you know what, all things are possible. The same way the diplodocus can fly like a helicopter using his neck or tail, the same way you can make orcs out of dinosaurs. There's even no magic involved. Just your sheer wild imagination. Well, that and breeding. A lot of breeding. But hey, this is a place where something like that should be possible.

59 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Mhmm, left legs and twisted ankles, my favourite. 

16 minuti fa, Kenrae ha scritto:

image.thumb.png.1b1b41d2091128a530686afefde4c502.png

Yeah, DinosaurBall. How forget about that pivotal plot point that define the entire serie.

To have some fun:

Getta Robot - the first serie is all about fighting cyber dinosaurs.

Giatrus - uncanny comical caveman serie. It's really enjoyable.

Ryu the Caveman - he does fight actual dinosaurs. But he shouldn't.

Izenborg - film + animation about go back in time and fight evil dinosaurs to protect good dinosaurs (if my memory serves me well)

I segreti dell'Isola Misteriosa - italo-japanese anime serie about a Verne dinosaur island.

And we shouldn't forget Dinoriders line of toys, or most of Zoids inspirations.

...and probably I'm the only one there that know of such things. That's the point.

1 hour ago, lepidocter said:

To have some fun:

Getta Robot - the first serie is all about fighting cyber dinosaurs.

Giatrus - uncanny comical caveman serie. It's really enjoyable.

Ryu the Caveman - he does fight actual dinosaurs. But he shouldn't.

Izenborg - film + animation about go back in time and fight evil dinosaurs to protect good dinosaurs (if my memory serves me well)

I segreti dell'Isola Misteriosa - italo-japanese anime serie about a Verne dinosaur island.

And we shouldn't forget Dinoriders line of toys, or most of Zoids inspirations.

...and probably I'm the only one there that know of such things. That's the point.

You aren't 😅

On 10/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, lepidocter said:

Yeah, DinosaurBall. How forget about that pivotal plot point that define the entire serie.

Maybe we can teach one how to ride a ball.

Wanting to move onto Side-Story territory (mostly due to missing my chance about it in a Q&A not too long ago), where it focused on the were animals and how they're linked to the creators.  I think it's clear who is connected which race and I'm wondering if I'm on the right path.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, lepidocter said:

A question: what the anime reference of Hamelin quest?

Fairy Tail.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, lepidocter said:

They must "get inspired" by ongoing anime, so their script space is a bit limited. I don't remember any anime hero having issue with dinosaurs.

How about One Piece? Not really, but I think it could be added to the list.

But honestly, it's not the point. The point is: Dinosaurs are cool! Also ninjas, cyborgs and pirates are cool too. Everything else, like how they can be relevant to the plot or how can we have dinosaurs in modern times is just details. If you want dinosaurs you get dinosaurs.

• Like 1

Passing by, and reading :) ! All in all I'm happy with your feedbacks. 
For this geenral feedback of, new worlds, new places etc... It's the goal for the upcoming worlds. I just wanted to create new bases for new stories :) ! To have different elements linked with a commun thread :) !