Jump to content

Pantheon & Elements Q&A notes


Recommended Posts

The Q&A thread in announcements is locked, so I'll post these here instead. Full recording is available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_prNGmJiDKt0T-VaNXT7pE5Hm6anPMAP/view

Some notes for those that struggle to hear echoing Rosso in the recording (Rosso can be heard on both Magrat's mic and his own with a delay)

Q1: Why was there no communication on Elements, only Pantheon?

A: That's fair. We had mentioned it in the BDSM roadmap Q&A a couple of months ago, and we were focussing on the Pantheon for testing. Expect more communication on Elements on Monday.

 

Q2: Can we move the release to live from Wednesday?

A: Yes, that's a good idea. We will move it to Thursday specifically for this release.

Rosso followed up on this answer later with:

Yes. I will ask the team to do the update the moment the league ends. Maybe we'll close the game at that moment. Update shouldn't be long League ends / ,update / league starts with new system I don't see why we couldn't do that

Source: https://discord.com/channels/235394770116018177/485150501365612557/898663561675567145

 

Q3: Will Champions be discontinued?

A: No, if anything we will improve them some day. Also add them to CxH some day.

(Numbers: italicising Rosso's exact words there)

 

(Numbers: I'm not fully sure I follow the next question, so here it is copied verbatim, along with Magrat's summary included response)

Q4: New overly complicated BDSM system seem like it's supposed to encourage people to optimize their teams even further and to preferably have a good team against every element, but honestly it seems like it instead will make people create few teams for certain stats (crit heavy team or defense heavy team) and not bother with optimizing them for blessings, how do you feel about that?

A: For casual players, Elements won't affect the gameplay; for serious players, it's an added level of challenge (Numbers: Rosso's choice of word, not mine). The point of Elements is to bring a depth in the game. To bring you a challenge. To be up to par with other games. Up to now the game was not challenging. I'm sorry if people are unhappy with that but it wasn't sustainable in the long run.

 

Q5: For Pantheon, would it be possible to have a way to skip levels (e.g. doing 10 or 20 at a time)? For a high level player, there's no challenge at all at the low levels, and the rewards are equally minimal, so it just feels like a chore.

A: We understand. This is a long-term feature, and so balancing a feature like this for all players is very difficult, so high-level players are going to find the early levels very easy. Unfortunately, there's no easy way for allowing skipping, but what we will do instead is for the first week of release, we will be dropping redeem codes for extra Worship every day to help get you to the more challenging levels faster. There will also be other ways of getting Worship other than regen/refills in the future.

(Aside: we are working on an Achievements system with rewards such as Worship, Ingredients, etc.)

 

Q6: Are the percentage boosts from element bonuses subject to change or are they set in stone?

A: No, they're absolutely not set in stone. And that's the point. As soon as we introduce elements, we can really start to talk about metagame. We will be analysing the metagame and adjusting to make sure everything is viable on an ongoing basis.

 

Q7: With the recent decrease in EpP orb drops in game, will the Pantheon be dropping EpP orbs?

A: We are rebalancing the game completely. With new features in the coming weeks, the rewards distributions will change across the board, including the gradation of ymen, in a way that is meaningful.

 

Q8: Are the Dominations replacing the Blessings?

A: No, it's all part of the meta

 

Q9: Are the Pantheon reward girls always available? When we reach the final reward girl floor, will there be more floors added?

A: The girls will always be available, yes. There's no limit to the number of floors. In the future there may be time-limited rewards or other pantheons.

 

Q10: If Pantheon will offer some more lucrative rewards (legendary books/gifts, orbs, etc.), will that result in those same rewards being decreased in other places?

A: I don't think so, but I can't guarantee that. The point is to have a game that is balanced. There are a few places where things are not balanced.

 

(Numbers: I'm skipping the next set of questions because the person that asked them clearly put no effort into learning about the new feature.)

 

Q11: Will there be a system where new Pantheons are added every 6 months, for example?

A: Maybe. Something we're considering is, for example, once you reach floor 500 of the main Pantheon, another Pantheon of a specific element is unlocked, etc. Or potentially some exclusive content that's only available for a few days. I don't know. For the coming month, though, it's not going to change. The immediate focus is on improving the core gameplay.

 

Q12: Any update on if/when Club Wars or Vice Leaders will be released?

A: There will be more to clubs, but not this year.

 

Q13: In the current implementation of BDSM, the old classes (HC, CH, KH) aren't heavily used anymore. Will these eventually disappear or be used more?

A: They will be used more. The current plan is to turn them into an analogue of Warrior, Mage, Cleric as in RPGs, not as an exact copy, but something similar.

 

Q14: I think that the main reason of popularity of the game was that it's simple and easy to pick up and the major reason behind to why people stay, is to "catch them all". But now, with how combat becomes more complicated, isnt that kinda going against the original spirit of the game?

A: Yes and no. It's been a big question. If we remain with the same game play, the game will be boring for everyone. We need to introduce new depth, but keep in mind the game needs to be accessible to everyone. The Elements might seem difficult but they are not that complicated. For new players, Elements won't be particularly relevant, the game will still be easy enough for what they have. For players that want to rise to the top of PvP, a bit more effort is required. The Villains were never challenging. With Elements you have to work on your team and on your combos.

 

Q15: With these new element bonuses, some of the defender's bonuses are now hidden to attackers until the battle has already started. Is there a plan to change this?

A: This is something we want to fix, yes. It's important to have all the information available to plan your strategy and understand your options.

 

Q16: Will we be able to see Opponent Elemental Blessings and Girls in Profile ?

A: Yes

(Numbers: Rosso didn't elaborate further)

 

Q17: Will the club champion system be changed?

A: Not immediately.

 

Q18: Will PoPs that give Gifts, Books and Boosters get changes?

A: Yes, PoPs will get some rebalances. There will be PoPs related to events (Numbers: I think Rosso said "event" here. Due to the audio quality, I can't be sure though...); PoPs that reward Worship, etc.

 

Q19: Will we get more temp PoP slots?

A: Not something we've considered.

 

Q20: Will there be any other way to use champions tickets?

A: There's a few things we need to rebalance, like the flood of tickets and ymen to high level players.

 

Q21: What consideration has been given to tying the fiction to the mechanics?

A: All mechanics are tied to the fiction and the flavour. For example, the battle system in which the participants don't actually fight/hurt each other.

 

Q22: What percentage of the total community is actively changing teams based on even the weekly rotation updates? Are elements addressing player boredom or dev boredom?

A: Player boredom. Can't give exact numbers, but most high level active players are changing teams.

 

Q23: I feel like this new elemental system feels more like a pokemon-style feature. With the abundance of pokemon-inspired storylines and characters have you considered making a separate spinoff for pokemon like for comics before?

A: HH has always been a Pokémon-style game. The tagline at the start of the game is "Gotta love 'em all"! We are doing what Nintendo [sic] (Numbers: Game Freak*) could never do; where they have cute monsters, we have hot girls!

(Numbers: Quick, hide your ROM-hacks! )

 

(Numbers: Skipping over the questions about the All Mastery Emblem as there's no real answer given, just an "I'll talk with the team")

 

Q24: Were the values of "0.07%" chosen arbitrarily or was there extensive pretesting to determine them.

A: Initially chosen by trying to balance it in a spreadsheet. Now it's on the test server to see how well it works in practice. As stated before, the values aren't set in stone and we'll be balancing them over time.

 

Q25: Do you have a full time game design team, or is it something that people with multiple hats help do?

A: We have a full time Game Design team, and a full time Data Analysis team.

 

Q26: When will Mythic Days Revivals return?

A: We don't know. The whole point of Mythic Girls is for them to be exclusive, so continuing with the revivals didn't make sense to us.

 

These notes are also on discord as individual messages to make it easier to directly link to them https://discord.com/channels/235394770116018177/740220424889303191/898935279547723858

Edited by 45026831
Adding text in place of missing emoji
  • Thanks 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to now the game was not challenging? I played with a sheet for league opponents stats and a calculator used in every battle to optimize it. It's as if they're not fully aware of the complexities of their previous battle system.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q26: When will Mythic Days Revivals return?

A: We don't know. The whole point of Mythic Girls is for them to be exclusive, so continuing with the revivals didn't make sense to us.

Yeah, but the whole point of the game is to catch them all. So no revivals at all wouldn't make sense either. I'd appreciate an approach that keeps the ''exclusivity'' by making the Mythic Girls hard to obtain while not making them completely unobtainable.

Apart from this - thanks for collecting all those notes and sharing them here! :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

45026831, Thank you for posting all this!

4 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q26: When will Mythic Days Revivals return?

A: We don't know. The whole point of Mythic Girls is for them to be exclusive, so continuing with the revivals didn't make sense to us.

 

51 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

Yeah, but the whole point of the game is to catch them all. So no revivals at all wouldn't make sense either. I'd appreciate an approach that keeps the ''exclusivity'' by making the Mythic Girls hard to obtain while not making them completely unobtainable.

I read it as "We released Sandalwood perfume mythic booster, so now we have to wait and collect data on how it affects the events with mythic girls before we allow mythic girls revivals again." And it kinda makes sense tbh.

 

4 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q18: Will PoPs that give Gifts, Books and Boosters get changes?

A: Yes, PoPs will get some rebalances. There will be PoPs related to events (Numbers: I think Rosso said "event" here. Due to the audio quality, I can't be sure though...); PoPs that reward Worship, etc.

Just out of curiosity. He said that about PoPs with gifts, books and boosters, right? Right? Not the ones with orbs. Cause orbs already don't drop from them and I'm not sure that they will be able to survive another rebalance.

 

4 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q5: For Pantheon, would it be possible to have a way to skip levels (e.g. doing 10 or 20 at a time)? For a high level player, there's no challenge at all at the low levels, and the rewards are equally minimal, so it just feels like a chore.

A: We understand. This is a long-term feature, and so balancing a feature like this for all players is very difficult, so high-level players are going to find the early levels very easy. Unfortunately, there's no easy way for allowing skipping, but what we will do instead is for the first week of release, we will be dropping redeem codes for extra Worship every day to help get you to the more challenging levels faster. There will also be other ways of getting Worship other than regen/refills in the future.

(Aside: we are working on an Achievements system with rewards such as Worship, Ingredients, etc.)

Do we know where they will drop those codes? And will it be okay to post them in the "Gift Code Posting Thread"? I'm not sure that the current policy on that will hold. They might change it back for the upcoming stream of codes, cause it might be a good opportunity for some cross-promotion. But maybe I just worry about nothing. I'm sure that they will announce the details next week, but if someone knows any details it would be good to know.

 

5 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q4: New overly complicated BDSM system seem like it's supposed to encourage people to optimize their teams even further and to preferably have a good team against every element, but honestly it seems like it instead will make people create few teams for certain stats (crit heavy team or defense heavy team) and not bother with optimizing them for blessings, how do you feel about that?

A: For casual players, Elements won't affect the gameplay; for serious players, it's an added level of challenge (Numbers: Rosso's choice of word, not mine). The point of Elements is to bring a depth in the game. To bring you a challenge. To be up to par with other games. Up to now the game was not challenging. I'm sorry if people are unhappy with that but it wasn't sustainable in the long run.

 

Q14: I think that the main reason of popularity of the game was that it's simple and easy to pick up and the major reason behind to why people stay, is to "catch them all". But now, with how combat becomes more complicated, isnt that kinda going against the original spirit of the game?

A: Yes and no. It's been a big question. If we remain with the same game play, the game will be boring for everyone. We need to introduce new depth, but keep in mind the game needs to be accessible to everyone. The Elements might seem difficult but they are not that complicated. For new players, Elements won't be particularly relevant, the game will still be easy enough for what they have. For players that want to rise to the top of PvP, a bit more effort is required. The Villains were never challenging. With Elements you have to work on your team and on your combos.

 

3 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Up to now the game was not challenging? I played with a sheet for league opponents stats and a calculator used in every battle to optimize it. It's as if they're not fully aware of the complexities of their previous battle system.

Yeah. Some people say that they don't play their own game and sometimes I feel like that's really the case. I mean, it was quite challenging already and now they want to add ten layers on top of it. It raises complexity for regular players to the point where it's not easy to get into. But for the top level players I think that complexity goes through the roof. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bomba said:

Just out of curiosity. He said that about PoPs with gifts, books and boosters, right? Right? Not the ones with orbs. Cause orbs already don't drop from them and I'm not sure that they will be able to survive another rebalance.

He used that question as a springboard to talk about all PoPs, there's rebalancing efforts ongoing for all rewards

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

Do we know where they will drop those codes?

Expect them on any and all of their social media accounts

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Q10: If Pantheon will offer some more lucrative rewards (legendary books/gifts, orbs, etc.), will that result in those same rewards being decreased in other places?

A: I don't think so, but I can't guarantee that. The point is to have a game that is balanced. There are a few places where things are not balanced

Just a better balance:

On 9/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, Dmitrii said:

.image.png.4a32b39e9a0459c23ee275688f2bb8ba.png

On 10/17/2021
image.png.20ce76d3f17a83fe3649f197ec1523a1.png
required per month:
+341225 Affection
image.png.1e9c864a32aba4760d0a5b5610106e17.png
+2807886 XP
image.png.9937bedcb24b76cada830967102598bf.png

Where is your balance? I'm running out of books and gifts more and more... Yes, you did well, you cut the number of orbs and I already lack Epic orbs and we will return again to the times when there are a lot of gifts and books, but a lot of women are not knocked out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, 45026831 said:

Q26: When will Mythic Days Revivals return?

A: We don't know. The whole point of Mythic Girls is for them to be exclusive, so continuing with the revivals didn't make sense to us.

image.thumb.png.b6081da3ea70106691ceb6a90b2408ae.png
 

 

If revivals are a no go then it may be time to change the above and remove the 'I'll be back later!'. It also becomes meaningless to collect any shards for Mythics unless you're going to complete the set.

  • Like 5
  • Hearts 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

Where is your balance? I'm running out of books and gifts more and more... Yes, you did well, you cut the number of orbs and I already lack Epic orbs and we will return again to the times when there are a lot of gifts and books, but a lot of women are not knocked out.

Don't you, guys, have phones kobans? XD Look, there are new shiny mythic books and affection items in the shop! 😉

EGra7q3UcAIC6nq.jpg.7e970663125607903f8453f4e804e6a5.jpg

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

It look to me that the element system was already simplified compared the old sneak preview. You had 2 elements, now you got only one. It probably work like classes once did, but determined by the party girls (and if not consistent, who care compared to blessing?).

As for exclusivity, I really don't understand the logic. If not by putting old Mythics on direct sell someday. If not, they are simply refusing money.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...