Effectively climb season tiers & effective use of kobans

Eckos

Hi together,

I started playing the GH version of the game on Nutaku roughly three months ago in the first week of July, but the games should have largely the same functions and rules I assume.

I have reached Level 235 by now and yet still it seems to be somewhat a close call to reach the second guy in the season despite winning roughly 80% of the battles I go into, being at tier 39 with ten days left in October.
Last season (Sun and Moon) I managed for the first time to get the second guy, yet literally on the last day with some help from Path of Attraction-rewards.
Are there some special strategies to get to tier 51 more quickly or is it designed to be this close for players below a certain level?

I found season still to be the "easier" section of PvP though because opponents are at most 10 to 15 levels above me, in the tower/league half or more of opponent players are in the Level range of 300 and above, no idea how I am supposed to beat those with puny level 235 even if I would use booster items.
Due to this I tend to only sparsely participate in the Tower league.

That kobans are more or less the most important resource I figured out rather quickly, yet the actual ways to earn them seem to be quite limited so you have to save up and spend quite some thought on how to use them.
The only 100% sure way I've found for players who don't want to use real money are the 150 daily kobans you can get for fulfilling all daily missions.
Daily Contests can be a semi-reliable income source if you're willing to invest the resources to reach at least the Top 4 and if the current contest has conditions you actually can fulfill. For example the condition "Give XP to guys" can't be fulfilled if all guys in your harem are already on current max level.
That's about it though or is there are source of kobans I missed that doesn't rely on random luck like some of the temporary Places of Power?

The biggest question for someone who has to be conscious of their patiently collected kobans thus is how to most effectively spend them.
So what's the most effective way to use kobans when you have to first save up enough of them?

From what I've gathered the most steady stream of income of various resources apart from kobans are the "Places of Power", which translates into having enough guys leveled far enough to run multiple of them at once, including the permanent ones.

So, would it be advisable to level up the permanent "Places of Power" first which costs 600 kobans per level?

You need many additional guys though to man all the missions fully, so maybe it is better to spend the kobans towards Mythic or Epic Pachinko to quickly get more guys including 1star-ones?

When it comes to events in general I've noticed that, with exception of Orgy days (where I consistently manage to get between three and four guys without spending a single koban) and Legendary Contest (which is very resource intensive however for non-koban resources) the time limits are rather short for actually getting the guys offered there.

In the "regular" event at the start of the month I usually get the daily missions guy and one or two additional from fighting the world bosses which partially depends on luck in shard drops, but the "cumpetition" ones are almost impossible to get because there's always only 1 to 4 shards given per (won) PvP battle and it is additionally split between multiple candidates and for the red Mythic guys (the three events I had so far) I got between 7 and 13 shards for each.

Overall, I got so far more than 27 guys with partly-filled shard-meters ranging from as high as 75 (Secretary Robbie from a Cumpetition) and 54 (Yugo, a 5-star legendary with my "native" element, from one of the Anniversary events) to just single digit shards for several which is due to the get-shards-through-PvP-wins events only providing a trickle of shards (only 2 out of 10 PvP wins actually giving them).
Therefore would it a wise decision to spend accumulated kobans to refill resources i.e. for fighting the bosses or PvP-tokens to get these event guys or throw them again into the pachinko options?

Or should I not contemplate to spend them at all and always save up for the Path of Attraction-event at the end of a month?
7200 kobans for the second reward tier is quite a batch to work towards to, especially if you're unlucky with the Daily Contests and don't place in the Top 4 regularly, yet would more or less guarantee you two extra guys you could use for further Places of Power use and passive boni.

So much to reply to, here we go.

Your problem with seasons is largely because you're playing on nutaku. GH on nutaku has a significantly lower player population than gayharem.com and because of this as you progress in season tiers you'll have less opponents and the higher you are compared to others the less mojo you get. So instead of getting 20+ per battle in the beginning you'll dwindle to 1-5 per battle. Leagues is also that hard on nutaku due to player population. We're stuck on sexpert 1 which is the 4th tier and means all the 400+ players are stuck there. On the main server there are 9 tiers unlocked so lower level players can advance a lot higher and have chances at a lot more koban rewards. I'd highly recommend fighting as many league battles as you can even if you lose because its the best source of XP which is the most important resource in the game.

Kobans are pretty much the most important resource and your limited koban rewards is also because you're playing on nutaku. Leagues is by far the best source of free kobans and nutaku just can't keep up with being stuck on sexpert 1.  As for what to spend your kobans on I highly recommend upgrading the 3 permanent place of powers. Probably the single most helpful investment you'll ever make. At lv9 you can win 3 x10 great orbs, 3 mythic orbs, 3 tickets or 10 shards per PoP. The great orbs will solve any money issues you were having and the MP orbs will get you a decent amount of free guys over time, I've probably gotten 50+ guys from those orbs. Tickets generally become a useless resource but if you're having problems with running out upgrading PoP to Lv10 will get you a 4th ticket per run. Those prizes will also help you win other contests like pachinko or donate(from selling all the equipment the x10 great orbs will give you)

Events definitely vary greatly in resource cost. Mythic days is meant to be expensive and will cost a player 10-20k kobans and KC(kinky cumpetition) (my most hated event) is incredibly expensive for what you get out of it. Other events like the 9 day classic or orgy days have the same drop rate but the amount of shards you can win differs. Classic is 1-8, epic days 1-5, legendary days 1-3 and orgy days 1-12 shards. If recruiting guys is your biggest concern orgy days is the way to go.

The best advice I can give for solving most your problems would be to switch to gayharem.com. You'll lose all progress as the servers don't share data but long term you'll catch up and end up in a much better place than nutaku can ever provide.

5 hours ago, Oliver66 said:

So much to reply to, here we go.

Your problem with seasons is largely because you're playing on nutaku. GH on nutaku has a significantly lower player population than gayharem.com and because of this as you progress in season tiers you'll have less opponents and the higher you are compared to others the less mojo you get. So instead of getting 20+ per battle in the beginning you'll dwindle to 1-5 per battle. Leagues is also that hard on nutaku due to player population. We're stuck on sexpert 1 which is the 4th tier and means all the 400+ players are stuck there. On the main server there are 9 tiers unlocked so lower level players can advance a lot higher and have chances at a lot more koban rewards. I'd highly recommend fighting as many league battles as you can even if you lose because its the best source of XP which is the most important resource in the game.

I'd never guessed that the amount of players present plays such a big role. Considering how many full clubs are present and how filled the leaderboards are I haven't noticed the playerbase being that low.

On the other hand though I also theorize that maybe another problem might be that other players, who already play the game longer, use the purple booster items more often because they already have a decent stock of them.

Ever since the new temporary Places of Power-tasks dropped I've managed to secure quite a few of the purple "Chlorella"-boosters who boost ego by 10% so maybe it's time to actually put them to use.

There's a difference in Tower/League tiers between the Nutaku-version and the "native" Kinkoid one?

This is the current league and they have at least a "Sexpert II":

GH_League_status_oct21.thumb.png.3931236ce4394dc3cc19799b1da9fb8c.png

Tbh I was just assuming that "Sexpert III" and any following tiers are just on a second "page" of the tier-list that you don't get to see until you reach the first of those higher tiers.

I did fight some league battles for XP, mostly when the current daily mission had the condition "gain xp".

5 hours ago, Oliver66 said:

Kobans are pretty much the most important resource and your limited koban rewards is also because you're playing on nutaku. Leagues is by far the best source of free kobans and nutaku just can't keep up with being stuck on sexpert 1.  As for what to spend your kobans on I highly recommend upgrading the 3 permanent place of powers. Probably the single most helpful investment you'll ever make. At lv9 you can win 3 x10 great orbs, 3 mythic orbs, 3 tickets or 10 shards per PoP. The great orbs will solve any money issues you were having and the MP orbs will get you a decent amount of free guys over time, I've probably gotten 50+ guys from those orbs. Tickets generally become a useless resource but if you're having problems with running out upgrading PoP to Lv10 will get you a 4th ticket per run. Those prizes will also help you win other contests like pachinko or donate(from selling all the equipment the x10 great orbs will give you)

Events definitely vary greatly in resource cost. Mythic days is meant to be expensive and will cost a player 10-20k kobans and KC(kinky cumpetition) (my most hated event) is incredibly expensive for what you get out of it. Other events like the 9 day classic or orgy days have the same drop rate but the amount of shards you can win differs. Classic is 1-8, epic days 1-5, legendary days 1-3 and orgy days 1-12 shards. If recruiting guys is your biggest concern orgy days is the way to go.

The best advice I can give for solving most your problems would be to switch to gayharem.com. You'll lose all progress as the servers don't share data but long term you'll catch up and end up in a much better place than nutaku can ever provide.

It's somewhat funny. The Tower/League-part of the game was the only one I largely ignored so far and that's the place you can gain additional kobans. 😅

I do have to admit though that PvP is an especially confusing issue right now because I apparently had the "luck" to start playing when the developers choose to completely overhaul or reimagine the whole battle system.

When I started in July there was a three person team designated Alpha-Beta-Omega and the three "classes" which played like a rock-paper-scissors game, then came the seven person "combine all stats"-system and now we have additionally what seems to be a Final Fantasy-esque element-system on top.

You think you get the hang of how to operate the system and then they change it...not the most fun to learn stuff.

Ah ok, so upgrading the PoP is really the most effective way to go. Should I give highest priorty to that even if that means foregoing the second reward-row of Path of Attraction?

I've accumulated slightly over 8.000 kobans by now so I could upgrade one PoP while still having enough for PoA.

Since I am "only" in Plains of Rituals by now story-wise I also need to reach Hero University first to unlock the third permanent PoP anyways.

Standard money already isn't that much of an issue anymore as I've stashed up around 50 million and my harem gives me an average of 300.000.

1star-guys might be useless in battles, but each of them gives 1.200 extra cash and they can play fill-in in PoP.

Champion-Tickets I tend to stockpile until either a) a daily mission with them comes up or b) for event tasks that require doing them. Also of course to get the guys they have to offer. So far got two of the champion guys, of the second and third champion.

Also, is it only me or is the fifth champion, Visor, more difficult than all the others, even more than the last one, because he often uses the favorite position of the guy who fights for him and therefore almost always does extra damage?

Yea, that's also what I have observed in nearly four months of play in regards to events.

Orgy Days and the Classic events at the start of a month are the most "newbie"-friendly ones.

Kinky Cumpetition is so far also my least favorite event mainly because the drop rates for shards are so incredibly low and the time so short. To invest kobans for refilling kisses or Tower-tokens isn't advisable because of the low drop rates either.

The Mythic events are thus meant for high-level veteran players if i interpret it correctly so I should probably ignore them until I am Level 350+ or something?

Epic and Legendary Days I found to be a mixed bag in terms of success rate yet Path of Attraction I think is, after Orgy Days and Classic, the event which gives a player the most "bang for the buck" if you can manage to save up the 7200 kobans for the second reward-tier.

You get lots of extra resources which can help in the next Classic and/or Orgy days and four guaranteed guys.

I've already earned 125 guys so I won't just abandon the Nutaku account, it's a bummer you can't export and import your data, but perhaps I'll start up a second one on the "native" server for comparison.

I guess the start of a month would be the best point to do so?

On nutaku if you get the PoA 2nd row of rewards that's pretty much all your monthly kobans gone every month so unless you're spending money for kobans you pretty much need to ignore it or forget just about everything else.  The 5 tiers on leagues that it shows in the default amount we don't acctually have anyone in sexpert 2, we hit sexpert 1 about 6 months into the nutaku version being released and have been there for about 3 years now. Here is a link to the games wiki showing all the rewards available for all 9 tiers: https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Gay-Harem/GH:Tower-of-Fame

The purple boosters are % based and actually provide a lower boost for players under level 300 than the yellow epic boosters do. Even at 300 they're only better than the epics if you've managed to max out your market stats. Out of curiosity if you have 50m saved up have you managed to max out your market stats? Normally most players don't manage that until after they hit lv250-300.

As for the battle system the switch from 3 to 7 was actually only the first of several planned stages. The new system is call "BDSM" and is overly complicated and very few if any players really understand it since they added the elements component to it. I'd definitely recommend starting and playing the 2nd account. Chances are in a few months when you have it established and are earning more free kobans than nutaku could ever hope to provide you you'll make it your primary.

Does that mean the 2nd reward row for PoA is cheaper on the "native" version or do you just earn more kobans in general even as a mid-level player?

Are there other "limitations" the Nutaku version has I should know of? I do know about the avatars but that never bothered me much.

Why do they limit the tower tiers like this?

Wut? But the market doesn't offer any of the yellow epic boosters anymore?

To sate curiosity here are my actual stats from the market and my accumulated boosters. I forgot that I got quite some boosters from Mythic Pachinko when using the golden orbs:

GH_Market_status_Oct21.thumb.png.12db7762932b642e6da858e15775d5b6.png

I've maxed my main stat (the "Rose") and invested secondarily in the other stats, but haven't maxed them yet cuz I'm saving up money for both the "spend money" tasks in PoA as well as leveling up some guys star-wise. I've still lots of guys with purple background who have only one star unlocked because it's freaking expensive to upgrade the purple ones.

The normal white/grey background guys and more than 70% of the green background guys I've already upgraded to the maximum possible.

Costs on both severs are the same the difference is in how much kobans you can win. On nutaku the highest tier players at best can win 960 kobans and that's maybe 2-4 players a week everyone else is looking at under 400 extra from leagues. On the main server thousands of players are getting more than 1k kobans a week from leagues. For example, a player about your level, think he's 260, is currently fighting in sexpert 3 and by 350 you can give dicktator 2 a try. You won't be getting top 4 or even 15 in those tiers at those levels but 16-45th is very doable and in sexpert 3 that gives you between 348-462 kobans and by Dicktator 2 of the same range you're getting over 1k a week. Add those extra kobans up over a year and its a massive amount.

Both servers have pros/cons. Nutaku pros are mostly just no avatars to worry about so you'll get more out of mythic pachinko. More legendary books/giftsboosters. Cons: Smaller sever size use to mean less competition for prizes but now it just means people fight harder for less. Less players means limited leagues and more difficult climb in seasons and significantly less free kobans. Main server cons is pretty much just avatars in mythic pachinko. You'll eventually get them all out but they always add a few more from time to time. Pros are pretty much everything else.

As to why they limit the towers its largely because the game is designed with hentaiheroes in mind and plans for a server population in the millions. Most features still work with the main GH versions significantly smaller population it just took us longer to reach tier 9 leagues. Sadly when they added nutaku and erogames there just weren't enough players to effectively run the same features.

Sadly the developers messed up on the boosters. A recent update made epic boosters stop appearing at level 201 and only legendary and mythic boosters would appear from then on. I don't think they realized how ineffective legendary boosters are when they made that call but we reported it right after the update and so far they haven't fixed it. Legendary boosters will be better than nothing, but epics are superior for you currently.

So this generally means that if you're a free-to-play casual player things will be overall slower when using the Nutaku version.

Like said, I've put quite some effort into my account there since July 6th and already achieved quite some successes, also including some guys that can't be earned via Epic or Mythic Pachinko so I won't give up the nutaku one, but that of course doesn't rule out opening a second tab in the browser and start a fresh account on the "main" server.

The main question is only when is the most effective time to start?
I'd assume on a month's start as that already gives you a "free" extra guy obtainable by daily missions.

Maybe there's also a more effective general playstyle to follow as I pretty much started out with trial and error back in July without any tutorials or "newbie"-tips.

There isn't really a best time to start anymore, maybe back when there were weekly contests in the tower of fame but those were removed. I'd say start as soon as possible as most events require having certain trolls unlocked so you'd want to unlock as many as you can quickly. Daily missions aren't the same for everyone you'll always start at the beginning of the daily calendar.

In fact you have some artifical limit in Season preventing you to get 'too much' mojo at once. AFAIK the game should offer you opponents of +/-20% of your mojo and +/-40 of your lvl. The first one statement is false while you can easily get opponent which have 50% and less of your mojo with only 1 mojo reward. The second one is in question while you can't proof or disproof it without checking the game code.

As for the proof of the artifical limit. Lets say you have 1-2 opponents with relatively high reward - 15-20 mojo. You can beat one of them, get the reward, and get new opponents with the same level rewards. So would be 10 times in the row. The same example but with reward of ~25+ mojo: you figt, you win, you get the next 3 opponents with only 1 mojo in reward. Where are the other opponents with 30+ mojo? Oh dear, you are 'too fast' gain mojo, please pass 1 round with only 1 mojo reward! I saw this pattern many times and can state: there is an artifical limit in gaining mojo, probably for some amount per hour/day. You can overcome it by waiting for some cooldown or spend some cobans to get more tries, ofcourse ;)

I'm depressed now, I'm lvl 162 in GayHarem on Erogames platform, I've gathered a few guys I really liked, and now I have to move to gayharem.com and lose all my progress. It shouldn't be like this. With a heavy heart I'm starting anew though :(

26 minutes ago, Qt4s said:

I'm depressed now, I'm lvl 162 in GayHarem on Erogames platform, I've gathered a few guys I really liked, and now I have to move to gayharem.com and lose all my progress. It shouldn't be like this. With a heavy heart I'm starting anew though :(

I can relate to that, yet you don't have to give up the progress you already achieved on that account and concerning the guys I do think that apart from season guys and the ones with red background (which I didn't get even one yet) every single one can be regained sometime on the main server as well.

Due to apparently bigger koban rewards it may even be possible that once the account reaches the middle level range again (150+ I think) you'll end up getting more guys quicker and eventually overtake the Nutaku account in every possible way.

The option to import at least your gained guys from the other account would be a very neat thing though I admit. 😊

Currently there is no official way to get missed seasons, path of attraction, kinky cumpetition or legendary contests guys. Path of attraction had a few guys return once in pachinko (just the first 2 guys from the first one) and twice during the anniversary month where they put 4 guys in one kink cumpetition which mostly meant not getting any of them if you needed all 4. It definitely would suck switching servers but especially if you're on erogames you should switch anyway. Population there is significantly worse than nutaku's which is still pretty low.

Since the collecting of guys seems to be one of the central themes of the game I'd say it isn't very clever nor fair to newer players to make some guys literally completely unobtainable.

I can imagine things like this causing quite some frustration, especially for newer players who were already present for some events yet couldn't get those guys because their resource stockpiles wouldn't allow it, so they didn't miss those guys due to lack of trying or ability but due to lack of equipment and opportunity.

When it comes to "Kinky Cumpetition" I can only repeat that I think it is the least player-friendly event because abysmal shard drop rates are combined with a very short time limit especially in the tower of fame where you get almost no shards at all.

I haven't exactly switched servers but started a "parallel run" on the main server besides my Nutaku account.

To obtain a guy during the Kinky cumpetition, you have to refill your league fights or your kisses in seasons. Season fights give more chances to get a shard from kinky champion. You'll need >200 kisses but if you win fight in the Tower of Fame and wait the end of the second day, you can get if you're lucky around 40 shards there so you'll need around 120 kisses to get this guys. You have 2 choices: refill the kisses' bar or have the gold card that will give you +4 kisses /day + you'll have to save your season's rewards from one month to the next. Champions can also give kisses once you claimed all the rewards but it takes a long time and it's not really a farm sport since the champion gets stronger and stronger each time you completed all the fights. Most players are doing with the second solution as it's the most "free" one.

Don't hesitate to ask for other player's strategy :)

Yeah, I am over level 400 with 600+ dudes and I still can't get the guys straight from the kinky cumpetition, let alone the Mythic guys. The only reason I have any of them is because of the dating tokens and now they are getting rid of those. I was using those to finish off the guys. But my least favorite events are they legendary contests because they are so time-zone dependent.

And I do save my kobans and most of my season rewards for the path of attraction week. I might use a season reward if I think I have a shot at being the top in a daily contest, but for the most part I save them.

Edited by Pelto
Added 2nd paragraph.