Forum login suggestion

Zteev

I realize this isn't a game suggestion, but it made sense to me to put it here.

When I try to login to the forum, the boxes to type my email and password in have no visible border, so they are blending in with the white background. Took me a bit to get my mouse in the right place. Having a border around the box or a color that differentiates it would be very helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelom said:

aren't you automatically logged into the forum when you are playing HH?

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Only if you play in the HH server.

Not exactly. Even if you play on HH server you have to login manually. And until they made that option possible a lot of people couldn't login to the forum at all.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:49 AM, Zteev said:

When I try to login to the forum

17 hours ago, jelom said:

aren't you automatically logged into the forum when you are playing HH?

17 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Only if you play in the HH server.

14 hours ago, Bomba said:

Not exactly. Even if you play on HH server you have to login manually.

You're all at least partially right, but there's more to it. The "universal logon" system Kinkoid introduced what feels like a year ago (no time to check right now) didn't work as intended for a long time, at least not for all or even most players (it even had the opposite effect for many: forcing them to reenter their loging details every time they opened one of their sites). There were and still are other misc. login issues for a number of players (including but not limited to many of us being either unable to access the forum even when logged-in or having change browser, log out and back in, and more before accessing it).

It has been greatly improved around one or two month(s) ago, and now works as intended for a majority of players, to the best of my current knowledge. In my recent experience, I rarely have to reenter my password these days, and being logged-in on any Kinkoid site (HH but also HCL, CXH, GH, HH's test server, HoH or the forum itself) now effectively equals being logged-in for all of them.

Additionally, the forum's proper login prompt also works now (albeit not in an optimal way as described by Zteev). I was even able to sign in on the forum itself (without being redirected to HH) and use it as normal during a maintenance, when all the other sites are unavailable, which definitely wasn't the case before the domain name change, maybe even more recently.

So, Zteev's suggestion is most relevant for those who either play no Kinkoid game in their standalone version, or use a different account on the forum than the one they use to play the games. I'm in neither situation, so I rarely even see the forum's own login interface nowadays. But I'll take your word for it that it could be improved further.

In the meantime, a decent workaround, even if you don't play any Kinkoid game in their standalone version, might be to choose one to bookmark, access it with your forum login details, and then use that page as your substitute login page for the forum (except during maintenance, 500 error, or other times the games aren't available).

Not exactly. I was trying to be concise, but if you want more details on this issue: Recently, they added the option to actually log in to forum without redirecting to the game(HH) when you try to sign in. As for why that redirect didn't allow some players to log in before - according to support: you have to allow third-party cookies. And not every player is a fan of such things. And I will not comment on whether it was intended by Kinkoid or not, I don't have such information.

Zteev's suggestion is good. For me it's grey boxes on white background, so it's distinguishable for me. But I can see how that could become a trouble for those with different contrast setting. This issue doesn't really impede the login process, because the boxes are still there and they're relatively big. But a black border would be a nice addition.

8 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

That's what DvDivXXX has said 😅

Well, yes, and I also said that before him. What's your point? He didn't say a word about why it was an issue. So I was explaining how for half a year Kinkoid didn't allow access to the forum without a potential tracker on you. Didn't see him mention that at all. It wasn't just a login issue, it was also a security issue. But now it works "as intended" apparently. At least now there's an option to visit the forum without such tracker.

To be more clear, I play on hentaiheroes, and I have to login to the forum manually sometimes.

For months, it was impossible for me to get to the forum, but now I can get in. It seems like I have to log in every couple of visits. I had to log in when making the original post, but not when making this one, it automatically logged me in. However, I've had it happen where that's not been the case a couple hours apart.

Edited by Zteev