UPDATE TIMING

MrNoms

1 minute ago, Liliat said:

Normal maintenance happens on Wednesday. This looks like an unexpected maintenance, probably for emergency reasons. If that's the case, there's not a lot of room for a timer or heads-up of any kind.

If that's the case, everyone should get top daily rewards. It's the least they could do. And they could still put up a timer in advance "Emergency Maintenance! XX:XX"

Give some warning to those online.

• Like 2

They write with a link...more info about the maintenance in our forum...but they don't even make a topic to talk about this special maintenance (never happen a Monday).

And yes, like everyone, we all add last minute scoring in the daily contest usually.

Is it too difficult to wait after the reset...to do the maintenance ?

Edited by spacedragon64
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

If that's the case, everyone should get top daily rewards. It's the least they could do. And they could still put up a timer in advance "Emergency Maintenance! XX:XX"

Give some warning to those online.

yeah I agree they´ll have to compensate for it (but it´ll sure be difficult since a lot of players (myself included) didn´t just lose the kobans but also xp and no idea how they´re going to compensate for it :/ )

As far as the time goes .. I don´t see the use of it if would just appear for a second.. though they could at least change the message that comes with the respective screen to : major bug appear go to discord for more info or just release a short statement on the forum (like I did f.e. so that people can actually find something on the forum)

it´s always the same thing with things and that is frustating to say the least.. :(

The bug reports all came in shortly after 12 o'clock. This doesn't seem to be a bug that happens rarely and went unnoticed for a while, nor does it seem to be time triggered like a bug caused by reset would be. To me this looks like a dev fiddled with the production system 1 hour before reset. And there I'd like to ask the question: why?

Kinkoid chose the reset time at 13:00. They could have chosen a different time like 10:00 so they would be working in case something goes wrong, but they could do all their potentially production breaking changes afterwards. This seems like an issue that would be easily preventable with a little bit of thinking ahead.

• Like 1