**Regarding the Big Update currently going on **

holymolly

One thing I'm wondering is how they will handle the classic event. This down time will have made it impossible for some (or all if it goes long enough and like many I have very little faith) players to complete the missions to get Hari. That is a problem that can't be solved by just extending the event a day. It would suck if the easiest to get girl became "exclusive" because of a server side issue.

• Like 4

Its not just backups you need, you also need good transaction logging. otherwise if a backup needs to be restore you would lose everything that happened after the backup. I work with banking system where you can guess you can't afford to lose track of a single transaction.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ShadowWeaver said:

One thing I'm wondering is how they will handle the classic event. This down time will have made it impossible for some (or all if it goes long enough and like many I have very little faith) players to complete the missions to get Hari. That is a problem that can't be solved by just extending the event a day. It would suck if the easiest to get girl became "exclusive" because of a server side issue.

Yes, they have to do something about that. Missed yesterdays story mission by 15 minutes

• Like 1

If they aren't able to fix the bug before tomorrow, will they be extending the events happening right now by an extra day? I kind of hope they do, so that we have a chance to get the limited time characters, especially since the love letters are no longer a thing.

Thank you for working on the bugs. I had 9,800 koban that i earned, spend 600 for a place of power upgrade, and suddenly had over 3 million Koban.  Was writing a ticket to send support when servers went down.

-chard93

1 minute ago, Magic1986 said:

Yes, they have to do something about that. Missed yesterdays story mission by 15 minutes

When you say you missed by 15 minutes. do you mean starting it or to close it? because if you started it that is all you need, you can close it a day later

• Like 3

Folks, I know most of you mean well (those who don't get removed pretty quick, several of us mods are online and we have a little time to kill as well ^^). It's a somewhat constructive way to pass the time while KK is putting the fire out, too.

But I must reiterate: please, don't lose sight of the BIG picture. Not for your own tiny picture of this specific day, or week, and not even for a slightly bigger picture like "will players in general still be able get Hari now?"

Would you rather finish this event's missions, but keep a MINUS INFINITY ENERGY BAR? Or, say, lose 100,000 kobans? While other random players get to keep MILLIONS they haven't earned? And so on? That's the BIG picture, you know. That's what's at stake, here. Will your account be in a similar state and with similar stashes of each resource as you had before the bug? And will it be the case for most (ideally all) players too?

• Like 13

and i thought the big picture would be, that's just a game, keep enjoying real life (sex?) for once since you have time - or something like that.

anyway, if my account is too fucked, I just quit - if not, I just keep going. Let's believe it will be fixed soon, i really need to fight some trolls to vent! ;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Hearts 1

3 minutes ago, blaa said:

and i thought the big picture would be, that's just a game, keep enjoying real life (sex?) for once since you have time - or something like that.

anyway, if my account is too fucked, I just quit - if not, I just keep going. Let's believe it will be fixed soon, i really need to fight some trolls to vent! ;)

Thats the way

• Like 1

I agree, it's just a game. I understand not wanting to have to repeat effort to accomplish a task but it ultimately doesn't matter to me if the game has to be reset a day or 2 in the past. I would only be pissed if things were reset in such a way that I would lose the purchases I made. The game isn't real. Money is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ramrod56 said:

I agree, it's just a game. I understand not wanting to have to repeat effort to accomplish a task but it ultimately doesn't matter to me if the game has to be reset a day or 2 in the past. I would only be pissed if things were reset in such a way that I would lose the purchases I made. The game isn't real. Money is.

actually, money isnt real either, it's just some paper (or metal) we agreed on having a specific meaning/value. 

But yes, if you lose money cause of this, that sucks - but I honestly cant believe it will come this far ... (I also dont believe we will have a reset for a day or even longer).

That being said, i would appreciate - like always - at least some information from officals

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I am honestly curious as to how they will handle this bug. I am pretty sure people who got an insane amount of kobans did some real king-like stuff while the bug lasted >.<

Now how would they handle those players? For example one could easily spam roll in the epic pachinko and get all the girls and stuff. If backup doesnt exist how are we going to roll those accounts back? Also it definitely is a minor issue when we consider the big picture but individually its a bit big issue. Pretty sure A LOT of people missed out on mission kobans, contests and stuff. I hope there is some compensation at the end of it since this maintenance was unannounced. That said hope they solve this issue fast and take this as a lesson to keep proper logs and backup.

Goodluck to the team working on it... (now now dont screw his up all over again >.< :P)

Edited by RJRock
  • Like 1

More then likely they're deep in the code trying to figure out what caused the problem to begin with. Troubleshooting a bug to begin with isn't easy, and it can take a lot of hours of sometimes manually checking everything forr errors through a decompiler. Really, when you get to know just how complex even simple web games are, the truly amazing thing is how seldom developers for them have more then a few hours downtime for troubleshooting and finding the exact portion of code that causes the specific issue. 

The "money" issue is one of the main reasons why it is not so simple to rely on backups for online games.  Players make new purchases all the time, they spend what they have bought, and some of the items that can be purchased are only valid for a limited time.  So it is not sufficient to have backups; it is also necessary to have a full transaction log covering all purchases so that they can be repeated or reimbursed when the game is restored from a backup.  However, even that would leave some players frustrated, because some of the items that can be bought include a part of randomness... so those who are less lucky the second time would certainly complain that they have lost something important.

• Like 3

hentaiheroes is still offline for me

4 minutes ago, blaa said:

it's up agian, check your resources (mine are still all there)!

edit: and just for the guys who dont read ingame news, the redeemcode is KinkoidisSorry

Still offline for me, playing on hentaiheroes.

How about others? Are the servers down again? Is it just me?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Nah, nowadays it's mostly some bytes in a bank's database 😂

I am sure reading this for the guy who lost the money is much more frustrating than it is amusing for me >.<

Also uuh i see the games are coming back soon. I just hope HH is back before i sleep so that i can start that event quest for hari (that is if the last mission wasnt the last of the event... i dont remember how many more days were left on the event. Also it would suck to miss one of the girls i had 91/100 or so shards of... but heh thats life. Ill just blame the people who deleted dating kobans and keep going >.<

Edited by RJRock

5 minutes ago, blaa said:

it's up agian, check your resources (mine are still all there)!

You play on Nutaku, though, so I'm glad to hear it's back online there. I still have the shutdown screen on the standalone sites, though. Maybe I'll need to clear cache/cookies etc.

• DvDivXXX unpinned and locked this topic