**Regarding the Big Update currently going on **

holymolly

Oh, @DvDivXXX don't add anxiety to anxiety XD.

The small pictures are the backend of the problem, the way it does influence the player experience.

The general picture is they did a code mistake, but not being involved in the coding or maintenance of the code we can only conjecture or babbling. This picture translate into many small consequences, and those are what matter. In my own case, they're very slightly, just a timeout. In the worst case,  I have to repeat 12/24 hours of gameplay.

As you stated, this is a critical thing happened to an east european H rated company made of passionates. I'm expecting for such things to happen. They're not Blizzard or EA. And they will never be such "pro" level, not in that niche.

Many competitors simply not communicate at all, keep bugs for granted, don't care of any PvP balance. I'm sympathizing with KK more than hating them. I hope they can solve the issue the best way for everyone.

I surely not stopping playing even after this inconvenient.

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

6 minuti fa, Charonn ha scritto:

yep roll back , and my purchases are gone .... nothing for it  ... 

They clearly states that transactions are kept, only progresses are resetted. So if you purchased something, you should have it. Economical transactions are tracked.

They give compensation thru the code KinkoidIsSorry, 300 kobans, 150 energy, 50 combativity and 2 epic orbs for me.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 2

Big picture, folks.

I'll remove any further self-centered posts like "I spent some time leveling up X" or "what about item Y that I upgraded/claimed/etc. during those exact 12 hours" on sight.

For now the BIG PICTURE thing is that CXH survived this massive issue, we've had a 12-hour rollback, and a SIGNIFICANT GOOD-WILL GESTURE (which is a very rare thing for KK) through the Redeem Code:

KinkoidIsSorry

---------

EDIT: IF YOU PLAY ON ANY THIRD-PARTY PLATFORM, CONTACT *THEIR* SUPPORT. NUTAKU, ETC.

---------

EDIT: MENU->SETTINGS->ENTER REDEEM CODE. Any further post either asking, explaining or otherwise polluting this thread for this basic question will be removed on sight.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Added information
  • Like 2
  • Hug 2

1 hour ago, ShadowWeaver said:

One thing I'm wondering is how they will handle the classic event. This down time will have made it impossible for some (or all if it goes long enough and like many I have very little faith) players to complete the missions to get Hari. That is a problem that can't be solved by just extending the event a day. It would suck if the easiest to get girl became "exclusive" because of a server side issue.

1 hour ago, Magic1986 said:

Yes, they have to do something about that. Missed yesterdays story mission by 15 minutes

1 hour ago, Chard said:

If they aren't able to fix the bug before tomorrow, will they be extending the events happening right now by an extra day? I kind of hope they do, so that we have a chance to get the limited time characters, especially since the love letters are no longer a thing.

Thank you for working on the bugs. I had 9,800 koban that i earned, spend 600 for a place of power upgrade, and suddenly had over 3 million Koban.  Was writing a ticket to send support when servers went down.

-chard93

For future reference, if you miss an event mission it will still be there the next day, so long as the event didn't end that day. This includes both if you didn't start it, or if you just didn't claim the rewards yet. I've noticed it before when I had to be offline for multiple days in a row due to computer issues, then come back to 3 or 4 event missions waiting on me to do them that day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blaa said:

and i thought the big picture would be, that's just a game, keep enjoying real life (sex?) for once since you have time - or something like that.

anyway, if my account is too fucked, I just quit - if not, I just keep going. Let's believe it will be fixed soon, i really need to fight some trolls to vent! ;)

and create another account and start playing. I had done that many times before on several games.

29 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

For now the BIG PICTURE thing is that CXH survived this massive issue, we've had a 12-hour rollback, and a SIGNIFICANT GOOD-WILL GESTURE (which is a very rare thing for KK) through the Redeem Code:

i agree, big picture is, thanks to backup game and most of the progress survived; dont agree with 'significant' - it's not nearly what I lost or most likely will lose cause of fucking up league, especially on cxh

there should have been at least 20 league fights in the package, they also forgot worship - and since the bug was that heavy, they could have been generous, but they werent.

it's not that big of a deal for me, but i just disagree on seeing a significant good-will gesture (it shouldnt even be called good-will gesture, cause it's the least you can expect from a company who lives from the money of the players)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Hug 1

@blaa Let's not have this philosophical side debate here or now, please. It's significant compared to what we got most previous times there were big issues. We had 10 worships for the league reward fiasco, remember? That's all I meant. Nothing more, and nothing less.

You've read enough posts of mine regarding my opinion of the game's economy and where I'd personally rate Kinkoid on the stingy-to-generous scale in terms of refunds and good-will gesture to know I agree with you (if you haven't, you can make a quick search if you're curious). But this is still objectively a much bigger compensation than I think I've ever seen Kinkoid distribute, at least in the past year or so.

So yeah, you can yell "half-empty!" if you prefer, but the glass is still half-full, which is a lot better than basically empty with a tiny drop at the bottom (eg 10 worships for missing league rewards).

Guys, I lost 12h of gameplay and now my life is ruined. Because of this bug my wife left me, my boss fired me, I got evicted by my landlord and live under a bridge with no food, income or friends and KK is to blame! 😂 

But seriously, yes it sucks, for some (who were invested a lot in the game for the last 12h) more than for others. Let's look at the many good things here though. We now know KK has backups and the ability to roll back whenever a huge bug happens (yay!). Also they are quick to react, before more damage has been done. Their compensation is somewhat fair in my opinion (not perfectly curated, but what do you expect from a dev team that doesn't play the game?). 

I consider it amazing news, because none of the above I expected. Kudos to KK for how they handled it, there's not much they could have done better. Bugs will happen, and I feel more confident now that KK can handle the next one. 

Edited by Z-Wave
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 1

Just now, Z-Wave said:

Guys, I lost 12h of gameplay and now my life is now ruined. Because of this bug my wife left me, my boss fired me, I got evicted by my landlord and live under a bridge with no food, incom or friends and KK is to blame! 😂 

you should have bought a house, no such landlord-problems over here (there might even some people who consider a leaving wife a plus)

@DvDivXXXit's not philosophical, but i can refrain from going further into this since I assume you said that as a mod (i just say this, so it's clear i disagree); and yeah, i know your perspective very well, we are most likely thinking the same, but I am not so positive in refraiming it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone missing a transaction, please do the sensible thing and send an individual support ticket regarding your individual issue, to the relevant support team for your game and platform. Thanks.

On standalone sites (eg [NameoftheGame.com]) that's Menu -> Settings -> Support -> Create a new ticket.

If you play on Nutaku or anywhere else, that's between you and them. Do what you usually do to contact them there.

Again, selfish whines will be nuked on sight. Do you really think anyone needs to read about your specific side issue right now? We're gathered here to share info and discuss the issue that affects us all. That's more than enough to worry about. Thanks.

1 hour ago, blaa said:

yeah, i am a nutaku player, maybe they were once faster - it actually is a 12 hours reroll

and least league are fucked, but look at that:

image.png.c5fc8c857572db7f6a043413604c801e.png

A bunch of opponents vanished from the league...can see only 94 in mine now. Hopefully they come back. Haven't fought one of the missing ones yet and more than likely there are people missing more than just one to fight. Will likely mess up the placements

--- By the way...anyone knows how long the redeem code is gonna stay valid? ---

• Like 1

We're back. HH also rolled back to 12 hours before the beginning of the issues.

Same redeem code (and same instructions as before):

KinkoidIsSorry

----------

2 minutes ago, La Kajira said:

--- By the way...anyone knows how long the redeem code is gonna stay valid? ---

@Noacc IF/when he has time to visit the forum and let us know. Or more likely someone will grab the info from Magrat or someone else on Discord and share it here.

I would STRONGLY recommend using it TODAY, though. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

• DvDivXXX unpinned and locked this topic