Veteran player experience with recent updates

Sefiroth

TLDR: Even old whales do not have it as good as most people imagine. A summary of a 3-year long journey in Haremverse.

Hey, guys. I'm a lvl 455 3 year old character with 911 girls. I've been playing diligently most of this time, most of it on a monthly card. I loved the relatively laid back nature of the game (especially compared to extremely predatory alternatives) and wanted to support devs with my wallet. Particularly after they introduced shards, dating tokens, champions, orbs, PoPs, which I felt were all great changes compared to the bare bones experience of 3 years ago. The art improved dramatically, especially the story is a joy to flip through. And I loved the feeling that I was constantly making progress. Most of the time I had the impression "hey, the game is moving in the right direction".

My current situation is:

• No, I do not sit on a pile of unlimited money, I was using my extras for contests and upgrades, most of my money was stashed in items (gg me)
  • No, I do not sit on a pile of red orbs - I would normally use them up each month (my epic pachinko has been empty for a while). Sure, I was already in a state where I could get new event girls "for free" (if you could call it that after all the kobans invested in PoP and PoA to get those orbs, and all the time and effort to clear up epic pachinko in the first place). But I guess we can't have rewards for 3 years of playing, can we?
  • Still to this day I can't compete for top 4 in D3. Good strategy does not make up for 30 levels of difference.

My recent experience is:

• Orb nerf. Whereas previously there was a clear path towards collecting all epic pachinko girls, this month for the first time in years the amount of EP girls will be growing for me. And that's with me being just 2 months away from finally "collecting them all" if the orbs were not nerfed. Talk about a gut punch.
  • PoP nerf. Simply terrible.
  • Dating tokens removed. ...just why?
  • Money nerf just rubs the salt in the wound, as most of my money was in stashed items. Thanks, I hate it.
  • Subtle club champion boost while nowhere near as dramatic of a change still compounds with the rest of the tedium that the game is now
  • The Pantheon... So far it feels like the laziest "click 40 times a day for no reward" waste of time
  • Mythic items in the store are another meh - most of the time my experience with them is "dammit, I just wasted kobans by accidentally buying one"
  • And then awakenings arrived. Which were terribad in every way possible, producing an opposite to stated goals result, making old elite even more entrenched at the top of D3. And adding even more tedium to the game. Fantastic.

It's a feeling of a constant downward trend. Which also makes old problems feel all the more pronounced (can we please do something about Harem page at long last?). I can't even begin to imagine how it all feels for younger characters. The amount of girls is much larger than it used to be. EP is a lot more bloated. Surely, with this many girls in the game you should make their acquisition easier, not harder? Personally, I see no reason to keep going if I can't reliably collect new monthly girls even when on a card. (It's simple math - to "catch up" you need to be collecting girls faster than new ones appear.) At 900+ girls none of them feels special anymore. In just a few months after kickstarting Harempedia you guys managed to alienate this veteran fan and sour whatever goodwill there was. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sefiroth
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hearts 2

Same here. 3-year-old veteran on monthly card most of the time, and I'm losing heat on the game. I choose HH for the same reason as you do: it's chill and laid back nature. With more and more stuff I need to spend money on to get girls, I start to feel the claw and teeth of HH. The game is reaching the limit I'm willing to spend money on per month. this new change might just be the straw that broke the camel's back. My current monthly card expires in 16 days, if I couldn't see any improvement during that, I'm seriously consider dropping the game.

It feels like HH doesn't worth my time and money anymore going like this.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Being roughly 1.5 years in the game I'm seriously considering to quit it for good. All the recent changes are all about wasting more time and/or money. Let's look at that new, shiny but unpolished Awakening feature. Personally, it'll be a last drop for me for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

Same for me :( Having 1 year in the game I start to be afraid of the updates :(. Even with the new and good ideas like it was dating tokens  and PoP they manage to "correct" them by taken out or destroying the rewards in such a way that is not worth to bother any more :(.

• Like 2

With the tickets you could at least get girls that you have at 99 or 58 but now you have to hope that these girls either come back as a mission and not in pachinko when an event is running.

they also reset the likelihood of getting girls to get into the pachinko!

or the likelihood that the boss will drop it.

unfortunately you notice very hard swimming because someone has become quite greedy there.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

That's not how stat gathering works. For example, yesterday I've spent 36 EP orbs and got 3 girls in the first ten. If I stopped at the first ten I could say: "Kinkoid greatly increased ep drops!!!!1!1!11"

It needs much larger sample to make such statements.

It sucks that you're experienceing a draught with both orbs and shard drops. But that doesn't mean Kinkoid changed anything.

• Like 4

Oookay. If you had data from 5.000 or 10.000 tries, I would say, it's and valid statetment, but with this minimal sample, you can't make a solid statement in an rng System.

And to back my point: I got from 19 EpPx1 three girls and from the 48 natural regain combativity 4 Drops from Sake. I had a lucky streak, your a bad streak, and in a week it is maybge opposite - this is rng and no nerf of chances.

• Like 3

Well,

15th April 2019 was my first day in HH. I started playin CH a few months ago. Today will be my last day after over 2,5 years of playing (level 419, 645 girls). I love the story line and even the mini stories while upgrading girls etc, the humour is the best, I love comedy, but this update is by far the worst of all times. It seems nearly all game devs scattered over so many platforms and games started focusing on in app purchases, maximizing money gain and milking the wealthier part of this world. I got so many games on Steam lying around, it's time to play them without this here. 

I wish you lots of fun, enjoy the game, but my dissatisfaction regarding HH/CH reached a peak and now comes the time to change something starting with quitting and not supporting this BS. I won't add anything, enough has been said already scattered across so many threads.

Farewell fellow players

Edited by Rammler
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7

11 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

That's not how stat gathering works. For example, yesterday I've spent 36 EP orbs and got 3 girls in the first ten. If I stopped at the first ten I could say: "Kinkoid greatly increased ep drops!!!!1!1!11"

It needs much larger sample to make such statements.

It sucks that you're experienceing a draught with both orbs and shard drops. But that doesn't mean Kinkoid changed anything.

I personally recorded 448 single EP orb uses which yielded girls at 8.93% rate. I stopped at that point, because it matched the forum's conventional wisdom of "one in 13-14". Which is, you know, just a little bit worse than x10 roll. And I spent over 200 orbs over the past 2-3 months with results that were at least twice as bad. In most trials on game RNG with percentages of this magnitude 300-400 samples is enough.

Edited by Sefiroth
  • Like 4

i totally agree with you. I have been playing this game since september 2016, and really enjoy it. But the recent changes are ruining it for me. I am lvl 463, and have 803 girls. i usually battle in Dickinator 1-2 (3 is just a bit to much for me). I always try to get at least top 4, but used to win both quite often. This so i could save koban, to get girls in events, and since recently get the Mythic girls of my fraction (if i could i would love the others to, but it takes a lot of koban saved to try (2200-2700). But recent changes totally ruined all that.

• The rewards in League: you claim to add more koban for everybody, but the ammount you can win now, makes it hard to save. the top rewards arent cost effective anymore. in those leagues, it costs koban to be able ot rank high, and now it's almost always a loss.
  • The removal op the Dates: Why???? since the rewards of luegues are cut down, this was (with a lot of saving) a way to still get the mythical girls for me. i had over 1600 dates saved to help me fill in the gap there is now for loss of koban income...
  • The money rebalance: i save all the great pachinko's for 1 day a month, so i can get high at the legendary contest to get the girl. i usually get around 200-250 grwat pachinko (10x) to get the points and use the money i get from the useless stuff to get more points (10M = 4000 points). that part is gone now...
  • The new update system: Why???? this only makes it a lot more troublesome and boring to do so. now i have to "awaken" a girl every 50 levels before being able to upgrade her... having over 800 girls, this is super annoying. especially during events like the legendary contest. This was my back up way to gaining the legendary girl. but it sucks now. to much work and to bothersome.....
  • The Patheon: boring. Sure we can get some girls from it, and i like them. But over 2 hours to fill 1 try.... it takes forever
  • Several events at the same time: the droprates are down, everything is more work, and then you run several events (more very short) at the same time. How are we able to get the girls..... this is only achievable by spending koban..... and you cut the koban income..... 
  • The Adventure: I really dont like the recent world. the story is way to long and boring. 

I know and understand the developer wants to earn some money with their games, and i support them by buying the silver monthly pack. but these laste developments are ruining the game Big time for me. they remove almost all the joy i had, and not just mine, but i hear the same from my other club members. 

• Like 6

On 11/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dramut said:

with both, I tried about 100 pieces and got nothing!
That goes for both

So I can only agree with all the points mentioned above.

also the invoice for the orb uses.

100% = 100
001% = 1

so you have less than 1% chance of having a girl.