Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

This is significantly better than where we started, cost reduction and free to lvl 250 makes collecting new girls worth it, even if it will take longer to use them than before (mythics already had about a 1 month lag for all the affection needs anyway).

Had to buy a bundle to make sure I was lvl 301 by Thursday to avoid being stuck in a bracket with lvl 300 girls facing all lvl 350 girls though. Fwiw it looks like everything is being sold in Euros(?) now, I have the credit card statement to prove it (19.99 on website, 28.80 on credit card).

still lvl 250 would still give a huge wall to any newer players when they reach lvl 300+ status. lvl 451 players don't need to pay any gems for lvl 500 girls.

the gem gains are still really bad. even players above lvl 400 401 to 449 (same for any tier below that aswell) will have a rough time against anyone being lvl 451 or higher they will have a 50 lvl disadvantage from any player that is even just a few lvl's higher than them.

to make this balanced everyone should have acces to lvl 500 girls withouth any gem costs. if the gem gains are this small make it something postgame 250 is not good enough.

even if it will take longer to use them than before

They would still be unusable considering you'll probably spend gems on the girls that are already at your lvl cap for blessings instead of starting from scratch. the gem gains are still only enough for not allot of upgrades a month.

Edited by Mighty wander
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Mighty wander said:

still lvl 250 would still give a huge wall to any newer players when they reach lvl 300+ status. lvl 451 players don't need to pay any gems for lvl 500 girls.

the gem gains are still really bad. even players above lvl 400 401 to 449 (same for any tier below that aswell) will have a rough time against anyone being lvl 451 or higher they will have a 50 lvl disadvantage from any player that is even just a few lvl's higher than them.

to make this balanced everyone should have acces to lvl 500 girls withouth any gem costs. if the gem gains are this small make it something postgame 250 is not good enough.

Well im level 420 and i have accepted my fate to never catch up.  i would have been really pissed off if i ended up level 449 or 450 when the patch goes live. so close, yet so far

Edited by Magic1986
wrong levels
  • Like 2

It's much better than the previous draft. As Rosso said, some kind of compromise has been made with the first 5 awakenings per girl costing no gem. I'm still very cautious and concerned, and currently burning away my koban plans for this month on market refreshes to get as many of my valuable girls into my player level's ark before the deluge. But it could have been (and almost was) way worse.

One QoL thing not mentioned yet: it's very inconvenient that the awakening popup sends you back to the main menu every time, instead of leaving you where you are so you can keep on giving books to the girl you're leveling up. It's especially clunky that you still see and have to click the awakening popup 5 times while upgrading a girl from 1 to 250, even though that does nothing. Couldn't we have awakening popups only start showing up once you want to level up a girl past 250?

Interestingly, this also prompted them to finally improve book quality and quantity, something that has long been desperately needed and frequently suggested regardless of this update. It seems a bit weird to me, but it's a good change so I'll gladly take it. Although, while we're at it, I'd love to see all green items in KC and Pantheon changed to purple items as well (or at the very least orange ones).

And, just in passing, if there's one item that definitely never should have existed in the first place in this game, it's GPx1 orbs. These are technically orbs, but contrary to all the other orbs, they just cannot give you any real value (except once every other blue moon if your x1 spin lands on a legendary item, and even then... with the -90% selling price, you might as well give Ymens instead). And they not only exist, they're all over the place (more so in CxH and HoH, but it started spreading to HH with the Pantheon's Stairway).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

if i ended up level 449 or 451 when the patch goes live. so close, yet so far

Actually, there's a big difference between the two. 451 is a sweet spot to be at, even on par with 500 regarding this update. The "so close yet so far" high-level spot would be 450 exactly (you'll need to spend a lot of gems the very first time you level up your player account after the update). But there's no difference between 401 and 450 in terms of how many gems you'll need initially (just like between 451 and 500).

To be clear, a girl at level 251 before the update can be leveled up to 300 right away. One at level 250 needs gems right away (and other requirements like having X number of other girls also at level 250 or higher). And so on.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

if there is one change that would make this patch kinda bareable they should allow lvl 0 to 500 to be gem free.

lvl 250 would give such an insane wall to any new or even older players below the lvl 451 mark. than at least the gems are more end game material instead of needing to keep up with players above you wich can just use it for endgame

lvl 430 to 450 players are definitely cucked with this patch because instead of just a 20 lvl advantage your enemy will have a 50 lvl advantage now that is not fun.

Edited by Mighty wander
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Actually, there's a big difference between the two. 451 is a sweet spot to be at, only second to 500 in terms of gems needed on Day One. The "so close yet so far" high-level spots would be 450 and 499 (you'll need to spend a lot of gems the very first time you level up your player account after the update). But there's no difference between 401 and 450 in terms of how many gems you'll need initially (likewise with 451 and 499).

well yeah i meant 450 and 451, that one level makes several tens of thousands gems difference. 500 isn't i sigth for me for a longer time i guess.

since they are gonna release this really bad update, we can only hope that they will ramp up the gem output significantly in the future.

Next week we got all mythics blessed. Good luck at fighting vs a full mythic team with at least 50 levels above you.....

Edited by Magic1986

if they really want to make it new player friendly it should be lvl 500 withouth any gem costs. otherwise it ain't an equal playing field and the wall will be a hell lot bigger than before. 50 lvl or a hell lot more lvl difference kinda crappy.

Edited by Mighty wander
  • Like 3

I havent even recovered from the moneydowngrade and now this madness.

Im joining the readers club.

Until Kinkoid nerfs the ability to read the story next. 😭

---
Also means I will take a stepback from talking with u fine folks on the forum. It's hard to be social and joking around when all you feel is sadness about the game and ruin the mood. I had a fun time these past months and wouldve continued many more, but these last two updates are just too much to deal with for me. I wish you all a good time and hopefully things will improve a bit.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 12

9 hours ago, _shal_ said:

He freely admitted on Discord that his current modus operandi is to play a lot of other games and try to bring features that catch his eye there into Kinkoid's games.

That explain my feeling during the last months that the game changes were slowly morphing it into one more clone of those other games out there, losing the advantage this game had over them in having a completely distinctive gameplay.

Every time a new patch was announced I was thinking: this reminds me of this or that game I played for a day some time ago ...

• Like 5

Given my last post this can appear obvious from me, but I'll say it anyway. Although the gem cost reduction is a good step in the right direction, the main problem in my eyes remains the same: the cost is per every single girl, and this IMHO is the thing that makes the new implementation (still) game crippling and unacceptable by a so high number of players. As I mentioned in my previous post, making the needing of gems end at one point in a player game (replacing them with something else at that point) would have been a better course (and absolutely more acceptable by the majority of players IMHO).

• Like 2

Gem system Pros and Cons from what I can tell from the test server

Pros
I can't find any except that if you already have high level girls there not being sent back to 50, at least not from what I can tell on test server

Cons
Its going to cripple the progression in the follow areas:
-Champions
-Club Champions
-Places of Powers
-Legendary Contests day 4 Harem-building "Give xp to the girls" and "Level up a girl"(and since there are now some people at max level I don't know how they even do day 1 so that would take 2 days out on them)
-the hole point of the Blessings system
Getting the gems does not seem balanced:
-missions and Trolls has Playful & Eccentric gems
-Contests has Exhibitionist & Submissive gems
-Places of Power may have them all little hard to tell
-Mythic and Epic Pachinko (would have been better on Great) has all

You already need xp to level why put a lock in place to make that even harder.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Zamioc Yuki said:

I haven't encountered a single player that is happy with this update.

I'm one. I'm being patient and I'm not surprised that developers are changing things over time on a test server as that is literally the definition of "developing".

People trying to calculate the gem rates right now and thinking they'll always be the same rate doesn't make sense as things change over time like events could give out extra amounts for all gems. It is also sounding like Leagues will be balanced for a time like at that 250 or 300 lvl cap, making it easier to beat the higher lvl players that you couldn't beat previously, but I'm going to just wait see how that goes.

• Thinking 1
  • Hug 4
  • Surprised :O 2

49 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

"Changing things over time" xD You understand that this will migrate from the test server to production in about 60 hours, right?

Yep, and then things change after that like everything else, again, such as events giving out extra gems of all types. They already changed a lot about the upcoming update over the last week. I've seen several things in this game that people thought would be rare and hard to get ahold of, for it then later to become common and easy to get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlutDragonSlayer said:

I'm one. I'm being patient and I'm not surprised that developers are changing things over time on a test server as that is literally the definition of "developing".

People trying to calculate the gem rates right now and thinking they'll always be the same rate doesn't make sense as things change over time like events could give out extra amounts for all gems. It is also sounding like Leagues will be balanced for a time like at that 250 or 300 lvl cap, making it easier to beat the higher lvl players that you couldn't beat previously, but I'm going to just wait see how that goes.

Trust me you will not beat the higher levels in D3 because of this change.  You can beat players higher level than you but, it will not be because of this change.  This change will widen the gap.  I don't think you understand the resources that higher levels have and the advantage they will have right from the start. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SlutDragonSlayer said:

Can I ask why you said as they'll drag girls' level down to 50 (or 250). On the other hand, other people who said they play the test server say girl level is not be reduced. Do you play the test server? I want to know which one is misinformation. It's too different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RenHarem said:

Can I ask why you said as they'll drag girls' level down to 50 (or 250). On the other hand, other people who said they play the test server say girl level is not be reduced. Do you play the test server? I want to know which one is misinformation. It's too different.

They are the one misinformed. They've indicated that girls current level will not be reduced. There's an argument that they *should* be for balance's sake, but I don't think Kinkoid can be bothered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well we could expect they would make changes since the hate on this update didn't fall like bucket of cr*p, it was world-ending cr*p meteorite.

Making awakening free to level 250 at least made them understand blocking new players/potential customers a beyond stupid idea.

Still a fact remains this is a game slowing mechanics without real benefits for players. Adding those gems everywhere as rewards, and by doing so lowering chances for rewards players actually wish for (like during event shards from villans when u don't have much time) is like stabing us in our backs.

While this change will not affect me in near future (except gems drop rate, and other rewards) - im level 191, i can feel the rising frustration of players 299+, and soon they will be like:

JUST 4 MORE GEMS!

200.gif.9664d9a48ea5faf1629f59c5afd2e607.gif

Edited by dgxg
  • Like 1

Someone posted a screenshot of this in discord before, but I think it was so small that many didn't notice the tiny detail changes.

I've also edited it into the original post (replacing the now outdated one) so that people can reference back to it more easily.

Biggest change that hasn't been pointed out clearly (although shal mentioned the level 700 threshold) is the increased number of girls to breech each level cap. That'll increase the gem cost greatly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10