Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

from what I've seen should still give the girl enough xp to be whatever level the player is. you will now just have to gem unlock until you get them to that level. so if your 334 and there girl is 1 they will be 250, then you use gen then will automatically be 300 then gem again and then will be 334. Agree this will be hard to keep track of as you'll use the book and by the time you get to what your level was you will not remember. Which also means if something breaks this it will be hard to know about it.

• Thinking 1

I have one last question (if it was already given an answer sorry to re-ask it). I've understood that some gems will be given in the Season and some in the Poa too, here ok fine. 

Now i really doubt (or better i really hope that is not happening) that there will be an add of steps/missions in Season/Poa.

The question is: Do we know what rewards are going to be replaced in favor of the stones? (i hope nothing too much "juicy")

5 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

I have one last question (if it was already given an answer sorry to re-ask it). I've understood that some gems will be given in the Season and some in the Poa too, here ok fine. 

Now i really doubt (or better i really hope that is not happening) that there will be an add of steps/missions in Season/Poa.

The question is: Do we know what rewards are going to be replaced in favor of the stones? (i hope nothing too much "juicy")

from what I've seen its being added to the reward pool. don't think anything is being remove. not sure if that will change.

• Thanks 1
  • Hug 1

I've been playing Hentai Heroes for about a year and a half. I treat it as a solitaire game. I don't care if others have more girls than I do. I don't care if I can "catch up" to other players.

This game was a great time killer during the covid lockdowns. Covid is more or less finished and I may be looking for a drop out point. If these new changes make the game that much less entertaining, this will be the time.

Kinkoid won't miss me because I don't spend any money. I will, however, miss Hentai Harem.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Yamiray said:

from what I've seen should still give the girl enough xp to be whatever level the player is. you will now just have to gem unlock until you get them to that level. so if your 334 and there girl is 1 they will be 250, then you use gen then will automatically be 300 then gem again and then will be 334.

4 hours ago, Yamiray said:

from what I've seen its being added to the reward pool. don't think anything is being remove. not sure if that will change.

I don't know what you've seen, but I think I'd like a puff of what made you see those things. Come on, man, pass it on! :D

1. No. The item will become "raise a girl to level 250". It will do that. The trick you've described isn't really one, and the role of the item in this scenario is just to burn away 600 kobans on those first 250 levels (EDIT: actually, scratch that: it simply wouldn't do anything, because you can't give books to a girl without leveling her up in the new system—if you try it will just prompt the awakening popup), so 600 kobans on NOTHING is more like it) instead of none at all, 42 or maybe 84 (levels cost more and more XP as you go: you only need a handful of legendary books to get a girl from 1 to 250, even a legendary). All you do is spend your books for future levels before the gems to unlock them. But those books will only count from level 251 and up, even in that order. The Mythic Spellbook will be a dead item (or at best a newbie trap) after this patch, and that is that. Also, even now, if you're under level 420-ish, the "raise a girl to your player level" version isn't worth the kobans. At player level 334, I can't stress enough how much of a waste of kobans it is. Girl levels only start costing an arm and a leg, even for Mythics, at a much higher level.

2. This looks like a simple misunderstanding of @Xemnas' question. Your answer applies to villain fights and PoPs, that sort of thing, where you have a reward pool. He asked about Seasons and PoA specifically, both of which have fixed rewards at every stage instead. So of course unless they increase the number of stages you need to go through to finish a PoA or (the main part of) a Season, every stage for which gems become the new reward will replace existing rewards.

(And Xem, to answer your question, I don't think we have a clue yet. They didn't change the current Season on the test server, and there's no PoA running at this time).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

The Mythic Spellbook will be a dead item (or at best a newbie trap) after this patch, and that is that. Also, even now, if you're under level 420-ish, the "raise a girl to your player level" version isn't worth the kobans.

I hate this part. I purchased a Mythic Spell Book thinking I would use it whenever I felt like going for a Mythic girl. Now it's a use it or lose it item. All those kobans for leveling a 3-star legendary make me feel cheated by the inattention to detail the game destructors are pulling.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

No. The item will become "raise a girl to level 250". It will do that. The trick you've described isn't really one, and the role of the item in this scenario is just to burn away 600 kobans on those first 250 levels (EDIT: actually, scratch that: it simply wouldn't do anything, because you can't give books to a girl without leveling her up in the new system—if you try it will just prompt the awakening popup), so 600 kobans on NOTHING is more like it) instead of none at all, 42 or maybe 84 (levels cost more and more XP as you go: you only need a handful of legendary books to get a girl from 1 to 250, even a legendary). All you do is spend your books for future levels before the gems to unlock them. But those books will only count from level 251 and up, even in that order. The Mythic Spellbook will be a dead item (or at best a newbie trap) after this patch, and that is that. Also, even now, if you're under level 420-ish, the "raise a girl to your player level" version isn't worth the kobans. At player level 334, I can't stress enough how much of a waste of kobans it is. Girl levels only start costing an arm and a leg, even for Mythics, at a much higher level.

unless they have changed how it works I've already tested over xping a girl in dev. the code keeps track of how much xp went in so you don't lose any xp when you hit the cap wall. That test was on a level 1 common using a book that would have normal pushed them to 146, but hit the 50 cap(before they uped it to 250), I then gem unless them and they where then setting at the 100 cap. unlocked again and it was where I would have expected it too be. so unless they change what the Mythic book does it should do what I said. but I do agree I have never payed 600 kobans for that item. its easier to just get the 7 xp books every 6 hrs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

so unless they change what the Mythic book does

Yes, that's literally what you've been told, and what has been posted in this thread multiple times. The item is changed on the test server:

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

The item will become "raise a girl to level 250".

• Thanks 2
  • Hearts 1

14 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Yes, that's literally what you've been told, and what has been posted in this thread multiple times. The item is changed on the test server:

Sorry, I miss interpreted what was meant by that line. I took it as from there point of view that old book would appear to stop at 250 do to the cap. and I was just trying to say it will keep track of extra xp used which would still be relevant with the other high xp book. Just apparently not that one any more. 

• Like 1

It has taken me til now to read thru this thread, which has been very enlightening.

I agree that this is a bad change.

Raising the wall from lvl 50 to 250 is good, but you are still throttling progress at this point.

Have the powers that be elaborated on how they see this as a levelling of PvP as they say on the Spotlight ?

On 11/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, FinderKeeper said:

I'd like to know how they see low level players completing with higher ones. Sure you can raise girls levels above your level, if you have the gems. But prior to patch most people will be trying to get as many girls as they can into their current cap bracket, so those in players over lvl 250 will have an increasingly greater advantage from the start.

Having different gems for each element, and making them available in different places seems unfair. I'd imagine gems from villains which is played daily will be more prevalent then those obtained from monthly activities (Seasons / PoA). I understand they want to force us to play every aspect of the game us to experience every aspect of the game. A better solution would be having every type of gem drop from every activity. That would encourage us to do everything in game without hiding gems behind different doors. The downsides to that being you may end up with excessive amounts of the wrong gem(s), and takes away to ability to target gem types. The solution to that problem ? ONLY ONE GEM TYPE. This would take away the jeopardy of finding the correct gems, but would make levelling specific girls (too?) easy.

With 8 different gem types it stands to reason there will be times when you don't have enough to level a girl while having too many of the other types. Could there be a trade off option. Either swap (for example) 100 "wrong" gems for "50" right gems. I have included a deficit to make players think about whether it is worth it, otherwise if you can just swap types evenly you are pretty much back to having just one gem type. OR : a one for one swap but with a koban charge ie 100 "wrong" gems for 100 "right" gems for 6 kobans. These are suggestions and the figures are all random, don't hate me !

Why are the creators of this game adding more features, when the basics of the game aren't great. Surely at this time, innovation should take a back burner to addressing the flaws. It stands to reason that fixing (re-writing) the base game has to be easier without extra code piled on top ? Or am I being far too simplistic ?

It's been suggested the game makers don't actually play the game, so the effects of any changes they implement aren't fully understood by them. The idea of a select group of players being included in the though process before work on new features starts is good. I would suggest the Mods, as they are long standing players with insight into the game. However I appreciate they have IRL as well as Mod duties whilst trying to enjoy this (and other) games. If this was implemented maybe they could suggest suitable people to take part on behalf of the community as a whole.

The most worrying thing I read here was that the originator of this game is playing other games, looking for new features to steal integrate in HH. Why ? I play this game because it is different from other games. The beauty of this game was that it was different. Don't get me wrong, new features are nice, but keep the game original, not a Frankenstein's monster of parts cobbled from other games.

TL:DR - How does Awakenings help low level players / thoughts & suggestions on Awakenings system / why add features when base game needs re-working / having group of players working with Kinkoid about how ideas affect game before they are developed / why add features from other games rather then keeping it original

• Like 2

Just now, Mr.S said:

Buttering people up for this Godawful idea of an update.

Definitely, but can't argue with free stuff. Though I'd rather Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower and I realised this last week was just a bad dream (up to date cultural reference ! lol)

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, holymolly said:

There´s also another "change" to the gems update, that as far as I saw noone mentioned on the forum:
We´ll be getting 2 free bundles..I guess that´s at least something :P

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-17 um 17.02.22.png

it's something, yes, just like when you overprice all food on earth, but you feel generous when you give out a coupon for a one-day ration. it's also something. At least i would be one of the persons with a bunker full of food as a reserve in this analogy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

There´s also another "change" to the gems update, that as far as I saw noone mentioned on the forum:
We´ll be getting 2 free bundles..I guess that´s at least something :P

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-17 um 17.02.22.png

This is actually very useful information for another reason: Rosso just said that these two bundles combined are about equal to a month's worth of progress. In other words, we should expect about 3000 gems of each type per month as income, or about 800 per day on average. That is significantly more generous than what I was expecting. In fact, this is a high enough that books may actually be the bottleneck, not gems. Previously I had dismissed the book costs of reaching level 750. I know it's astronomical, but my presumption was that I would have several years to accumulate those books and I'd just be sitting on them until I got the necessary gems. 

Unlocking the level 701 awakening means I need 100 girls at level 700. Given my intended strategy of focusing on my 5-star legendaries, this will mean it will take me until the end of September next year to collect the 270k gems I'll need for that. However, I'll also need enough books for about 29 million XP to get them there. That means I'll need to be averaging close to 100k worth of books per day to keep up with my gem income. That... isn't happening without shop refreshes. Lots and lots of shop refreshes. And that doesn't even count the XP to go from level 700 to 750, which is even more expensive.

Now, the grandfathering of old accounts is still quite significant. My 5-star girls alone add up to around 200k gems worth of grandfathered awakenings, but if the expected income is 24k per month then that's not even a year's worth of gem income. Any player who is level 250 now will have grinded far more gems than that by the time they reach level 401. 

So if this is indeed the drop rate, I think we can breath easy on most fronts. The only issue that continues to stand out is champions, which may actually be even worse than we feared. Forget awakenings, we won't even have enough books to get them to level 250 (I have noticed some people mentioning endurance, so I want to stress that this is not relevant for a player of my level. Damage in PVP around my level is typically in the range of 40k per hit. Even if you gave me 1000 more girls and I leveled them all up to level 250, it would only increase my endurance bonus by 10k, or about one quarter of one hit. And with girl levels about to go through the roof, damage is probably going up too. So no, endurance is not relevant)

• Like 5

@Attirm Don´t forget that Places of Power now also drop xp-books, at my lvl 167 the 1k xp-ones. So you have to calculate that in if you can start several ones at a time. This will not make a huge difference but it will at least soften the bottleneck a bit, especially if you´re able to start the places 3 times a day^^

4 minutes ago, Saradis said:

@Attirm Don´t forget that Places of Power now also drop xp-books, at my lvl 167 the 1k xp-ones. So you have to calculate that in if you can start several ones at a time. This will not make a huge difference but it will at least soften the bottleneck a bit, especially if you´re able to start the places 3 times a day^^

It will definitely help, but as I mentioned I'm going to need to be accruing about 100k worth of books per day. Getting three 1k books per day is only a sliver of the way towards that goal.

1 minute ago, holymolly said:

as for your question yesterday : yes they should be 301+ is what Rosso pretty much confirmed on discord

A bit late to the party 😉 I've already burned everything. I expected some mess up with the patch and acted preemptively 🙂 I wouldn't have enough books for that trick either way, so no big deal, I guess.

Now I'm completely broke. Time to start begging at the train station. 😀

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rebirther said:

Dear Kinkoids!

Do you see anything beyond your nose? Do you think that adjusting the balance will make a bad idea better? Do you know the basic law of organic chemistry? If you mix one pound of shit with one pound of jam, you get exactly two pounds of shit.

The story is exactly the same here. No matter how much you change strawberry jam for cherry or apple jam, the result will be the same, because shit remains shit, and a bad idea will not be good, no matter what sauce it is served with.

The idea with stones gives rise to a whole range of problems, both immediately and in the long run. Instead of a gap between old and new players, there will now be several gaps between players of levels 1-300, 301-350, 351-400, 401-450, 451-500.

The new mechanics makes it pointless to upgrade new girls - you need to upgrade those who are already strong. And what's the point in new mythical girls now? It will take god knows how long before I can upgrade the new mythic girl to usable level.

And over time, this problem will only get worse.

And tell me, what's the point now in a mythical book that raises the girl's level to the level of the player?

And what about blessing girls? Previously, I could quickly pump up the girls blessed in the new week. Now your f--king stones won't let me do this.

I have listed just a few of the more obvious problems here. In fact, there are many more of them. And the most important of them is your misunderstanding that the idea is worthless, and you are breaking with your own hands what you yourself have recently done.

P.S. 

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
 Albert Einstein

I hope that NOBODY will try to get the next mthic girl.

The only viable strategy for me is to maximize all mythics that i have and ignore blessings. Nothing else will be doable with this shitty new mechanic.

I don't get it how they can't see which massive problems this new systems will bring up. You get blocked in Champions, Club Champion, PoP, Pantheons Stairway and any other new feature that they will release.

Lets just hope that there aren't any players that will spend enough money to get their girls to max level faster. Game "mechanics" like that mustn't be rewarded with money.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DocJD said:

Covid is more or less finished...

i don't think so. Numbers are on the raise in Europe because politics slept again and missed the fourth wave. Just like they did with the first three.

Every expert said that numbers will rise in Autumn and Winter. Yet they did nothing to counter that.

17 hours ago, DocJD said:

...and I may be looking for a drop out point.

This update is the perfect point.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

I hope that NOBODY will try to get the next mthic girl.

The only viable strategy for me is to maximize all mythics that i have and ignore blessings. Nothing else will be doable with this shitty new mechanic.

I don't get it how they can't see which massive problems this new systems will bring up. You get blocked in Champions, Club Champion, PoP, Pantheons Stairway and any other new feature that they will release.

Lets just hope that there aren't any players that will spend enough money to get their girls to max level faster. Game "mechanics" like that mustn't be rewarded with money.

I´m pretty confident that a lot of players will go for the mythic girl (myself included) :D

I´m also going to upgrade all of my mythics to 500 first and then I´ll see what to do ..

especially if we get a mythic norou 👉
👈 (yeah I know.. I just stop campaigning for norou but it´s norou so :P)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1