strategy to awakenings

gluddukat

Well, if you do find out where your influx of Yellow is coming from let me know, because I also have a whole bunch of Playful girls that I'd love to start working on. 

I've got a slightly smaller stack of orbs; 68 epic and 74 mythic orbs. I also have 11 3-game mythics and 8 6-game mythics, though those are reserved for high-priority girls and I spend them very carefully. I'm also going to get the 300 Dominatrix gems from the PoA before it ends, so that will be a nice influx. 

I'm also participating in events right now, but I did spend quite a bit of time farming Sake between them. My Submissive gem situation would be pretty critical without her generous 25 gem drops. I really want to go back to her as I want some of the girls she has, but Pandora's Playful gem drops are so enticing.

Here are my totals including the original starter gift (so -3k each if you care about that):

Dominatrix: 6341
Submissive: 5350
Voyeur: 7857
Eccentric: 5983
Exhibitionist: 8456
Physical: 5654
Playful: 6929
Sensual: 6593

So worse orange, red, white, dark; better green, blue, purple; average between yellow than other two reports (last week anyway).

Not 100% sure it's meaningful since they changed things in the middle to be based around which pve area you're fighting in but I appreciate your posts and have been keeping track, so there you go :)

I have not been carefully tracking where I've been getting gems, so only have speculations to differences in values :)  Differences existing just reinforces my belief that it's probably how you play...maybe even that's the intent and it's seemingly doing a good job.

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jpanda said:

Differences existing just reinforces my belief that it's probably how you play

I'm thinking that Places of Power is responsible for most of our variation. The temporary places of power get reshuffled every 2 weeks, which means we've only had a couple of reshuffles since they started handing out gems. That's few enough that "law of averages" won't have evened things out yet. Some of us will have had more time with PoP's that give Playful gems and some will have had less. There simply isn't any other source of gems generous enough to explain the large differences we're seeing between players who otherwise seem to be in the same ballpark of activity level.

I do agree that playstyle can affect your gem income, but I'm not seeing anything other than PoP that could affect it to the degree we're seeing in these numbers.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Attirm a dit :

There simply isn't any other source of gems generous enough to explain the large differences we're seeing between players who otherwise seem to be in the same ballpark of activity level.

Pachinko is also quite random and generous. Regarding TPoP, I have only started collecting values a few days ago, but so far I'm seeing 1 gem drop each time I collect, on average (So 51x2 or 51x3 per day). Excluding the Green/Purple gems, which are guaranteed to drop each time, obviously.

This means you'd have to play 2 or 3 EP/Day to get the same amount of random gems as you get in TPoP (Or 5 times as many MP)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Pachinko is also quite random and generous.

This is true, but we've had hundreds of Pachinko draws and each one is independent so by now we should be pretty close to the mean and our variations shouldn't be particularly large. Places of Power have only had a couple reshuffles, so a single unlikely shuffle could have a huge effect on what gems we're eligible to get from it for the next two weeks. For instance, my last reshuffle gave me 3 Modern Times so I suspect I'll be seeing a greater influx of Playful gems over the following week.

Actually, wait a moment, I just activated all my Pachinko orbs for the event today so that should be a fairly noticeable impact if I compare it to where I was when I posted on Thursday. Based on how many orbs I spent, I should have gotten around 5000 gems. If that's distributed equally, it will be about +625 each, though I can't separate that from other forms of income over the past few days. So let's compare my last posting with now to hopefully get some measure of what happened:

• Orange (Physical): 3137 -> 4137 (+1000)
  • Purple (Voyeur): 6116 -> 8398 (+2292)
  • Red (Eccentric): 4200 -> 5130 (+930)
  • Yellow (Playful): 3695 -> 4879 (+1184)
  • White (Submissive): 3177 -> 4234 (+1057)
  • Green (Exhibitionist): 5292 -> 6513 (+1221)
  • Blue (Sensual): 3214 -> 4189 (+975)
  • Dark (Dominatrix): 3668 -> 4628 (+960)

So rather than answers this only creates more questions. Or rather one very big question: where the hell did that many Voyeur gems come from? I only have two Raid PoP's active right now. It's mathematically possible for that many Voyeur gems to have dropped, but it would have needed to have been almost 100% Voyeur drops for the last 5 days which is just improbable if it is a 50/50. At the same time, though, the Exhibitionist winnings seem a bit lower than expected so that is consistent with a really lopsided streak. All the more reason why I should be keeping a detailed log of PoP winnings to look for patterns (I won't).

Everything else, though makes perfect sense given the situation. There's a certain baseline influx from pachinko which was evenly distributed and means my income is pretty uniform with only a little bit of variation. I'm farming Sake which is why Submissive is a little high, and I've got 3 Modern Times PoP's active right now so I would expect Playful to be well above average.

So aside from Voyeur being a massive outlier, it does look like the Pachinko winnings were well distributed.

• Like 2

il y a 29 minutes, Attirm a dit :

This is true, but we've had hundreds of Pachinko draws and each one is independent so by now we should be pretty close to the mean and our variations shouldn't be particularly large

To be honest, I'm not completely convinced that Pachinko uses equal distribution for Gems. I'm still looking for some data, though. And a month of orbs (for a single player) is not that much; so variation should still be expected.

I just used 65 Epic orbs:

Orange: +550
Purple: +400
Red: +650
Yellow: +500
White: +300
Green: +200
Blue: +200
Dark: +450

That's a pretty big gap between the lowest (200) and the highest (650) drops, but nothing significant.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Attirm said:

I'm thinking that Places of Power is responsible for most of our variation. The temporary places of power get reshuffled every 2 weeks, which means we've only had a couple of reshuffles since they started handing out gems. That's few enough that "law of averages" won't have evened things out yet. Some of us will have had more time with PoP's that give Playful gems and some will have had less. There simply isn't any other source of gems generous enough to explain the large differences we're seeing between players who otherwise seem to be in the same ballpark of activity level.

I do agree that playstyle can affect your gem income, but I'm not seeing anything other than PoP that could affect it to the degree we're seeing in these numbers.

I did collect some of my PoV rewards so that may shake it.

It could also be events you don't do.  I didn't do MD for example.

I also didn't do any extra Pachinko if there is some varience (there shouldn't be?) as I managed to get the girl day 1 :)

PoP is a fair call tho that in itself is 7/9 random too (e.g. only 2 things give gems for sure).

Those are just the things you discussed tho that struck me...

I'd say they do a good job of making it hard to analyze if nothing else :)

Edited by jpanda

It's been a week since I last posted gem totals, so let's see how things have changed. First a couple of caveats about this week:

• I missed several PoP collections due to being unable to time them correctly with holiday festivities, so I lost a few hundred assorted gems from that. No big deal, it's the holidays, but it does need to be accounted for when comparing to other weeks.
  • I have been farming Sake and have three Bouncing Buns PoP's in my current lineup which explains the surge I have in Submissive gems.
  • I got +150 Sensual and Voyeur from the side-quest, and +300 Physical from the current PoA. However, I don't quite have the +500 Voyeur gems from PoA yet as I've timed it out to get them tomorrow morning (they'll skew next weeks totals 😉

And with that said, here's the change week-over-week:

• White (Submissive): 4234 -> 5993 (+1759)
  • Purple (Voyeur): 8398 ->10110 (+1712)
  • Green (Exhibitionist): 6513 -> 7806 (+1293)
  • Orange (Physical): 4137 -> 4982 (+845)
  • Blue (Sensual): 4189 -> 4893 (+704)
  • Dark (Dominatrix): 4628 -> 5296 (+668)
  • Yellow (Playful): 4879 -> 5491 (+612)
  • Red (Eccentric): 5130 -> 5730(+600)

The surprise winner this week is Submissive gems. It took a confluence of factors to beat out Voyeur gems, with a very favorable PoP lineup and farming a late-stage villain that drops 25 gem bundles, but that at least gives hope that under-represented gems aren't in completely hopeless situations. 

I plan to just stockpile these extra Submissive gems rather than using them on fodder girls. The reason is that I won't be grinding Sake forever and the baseline income for Submissive is one of the worst of any gem type, so I want to have a nice reserve of these gems for when I move on to other villains. Nike's second and third form should be released soon, I don't have Estelle from Pandora yet, and there will be a new villain released with the new world. Unfortunately, if the current pattern holds they will drop Voyeur gems. The one kind we really don't need more of...

Voyeur and Exhibitionist are, as expected, doing very well. They're not quite as far ahead of the rest of the pack this week due to me missing some PoP collections, but they're still clearly advantaged. The difference between these two is explained by League fights and the side-quest reward for Voyeur. 

The rest of the pack is actually pretty well-balanced with each other. If we remove the PoA and side-quest rewards from the weekly totals, the lowest is Physical at 545 and the highest is Dominatrix at 668, so they're all in about the same ballpark. However, it would be nice if Kinkoid would tweak the balance for a bit less Green and Purple and a bit more of the other colors.

• Like 1

Time for yet another gems update :)

Total for the past 6 weeks. Color: Gems gained (Daily avg):

Orange: +5886 (140)
Purple: +7664 (182)
Red: +5003 (119)
Yellow: +5629 (134)
White: +4566 (108)
Green: +6625 (158)
Blue: +4802 (114)
Dark: +5853 (139)

Total for the past 2 weeks. Same format:

Orange: 3168 (226)
Purple: 3960 (282)
Red: 1827 (130)
Yellow: 1404 (100)
White: 1622 (116)
Green: 3281 (234)
Blue: 1374 (98)
Dark: 1998 (143)

Some things to consider:

- I spent a lot of EP orbs in these 2 weeks (103)

- I collected the first PoV gems, as well as a few gems from current PoV

- I collected the gems from the current PoA (Free path)

- I mostly fought Jackson (Orange gems)

- I stopped spending MP orbs some time ago. I have approximately 200 Orbs, so that will be +2000 Gems, but I'll wait for an L5 girl to show up in MP to spend them. Might take some time. I also have a few EP Orbs, but I still spend them regularly.

So the average values for the past 2 weeks aren't really average; they're heavily biased towards orange (+1300 Orange gems the 2 days I spent EP orbs, +300 from PoA) and purple (1260 when I spent EP, and 500 from PoA)

As expected, my yellow average is going down. We'll probably never know where the excess of Playful gems was coming from :D but it seems to be over, and back to expected rates, now. In any case, all values stay above 100/Day on average, which is good. I'm still happy with these rates :)

I also collected my drop rates from TPoP (51 Gems each). I collected all 9 TPoP 24 or 25 times? I didn't count, as I was mostly interested in the colors distribution, but I always had 2 or 3 "Raids" going on.

Orange: 7
Purple: 30
Red: 4
Yellow: 5
White: 11
Green: 31
Blue: 7
Dark: 11

Red and Yellow are places of power I try to avoid, so it's no surprise I have less of these colors. Purple and Green are 50/50% drops, so again, not a surprise I have so many of them.

• Like 2

Here's my progress for this week. I haven't spent any orbs this week, have been farming Sake and Silvanus so just Submissive gems from villains, and it should be noted that last month's PoA Voyeur gem reward is included in the week's progress. However, my PoP has been very unfortunate as I have no Raid PoP's currently. I do have three "Faster, Harder, Repeat" PoP's which have given me a nice influx of Eccentric gems.

• Purple (Voyeur): 10110->11045 (+935)
  • Red (Eccentric): 5730->6556(+826)
  • Blue (Sensual): 4893->5611 (+718)
  • Orange (Physical): 4982->5645 (+663)
  • White (Submissive): 5993->6650 (+657)
  • Green (Exhibitionist): 7806->8283 (+477)
  • Yellow (Playful): 5491->5871 (+380)
  • Dark (Dominatrix): 5296->5488 (+192)

Voyeur only takes the top spot due to the PoA awards, and otherwise the main source of both Voyeur and Exhibitionist gems are cut off to me due to unfortunately luck with my PoP lineup. Eccentric and Sensual seem to be doing exceedingly well this week; Eccentric is explained by PoP, but I'm not sure where Sensual came from. Dominatrix and Playful gems are sadly stalling, as there really isn't a good source of either right now. Dominatrix gems tend to do well in the later half of the month since PoA and LC are generous with them, but for the moment it's slowed to a trickle.

I'm very close to getting 70 girls at level 600 to open up level 650 and was confirming the final details of my plans when I checked my book stockpile. It is... not woefully inadequate. I have 122k XP worth of books stockpiled, but I need over 1 million more XP to get everyone I need up to level 600. One way or another I'm going to need to do shop refreshes, and lots of them.

After reviewing my options alongside how many gems I have, I've decided to time my advancement to level 650 with Legendary Contests Day 4, which should give me more time to acquire books through natural shop purchases. Since I'm going to be waiting several weeks, I decided that this is a good opportunity to bring Felicia up to level 600, the first non-grandfathered girl I'll be developing. Eccentric is a weak element for me, and getting a high-stat girl like Felicia maxed out will solve that problem. It's a bit earlier than I'd intended to bring her up to speed, but if I'm going to be waiting now is as good a time as any. With Felicia slotted into my plans this gives my approach to 70 girls as 2 Mythics, 24 Legendaries, 2 Epics, 8 Rares, and 34 Commons. The number of gems I will need to acquire between now and then are:

• 2564 Eccentric Gems (this is just Felicia, everything else is done)
  • 1012 Dominatrix Gems
  • 592 Exhibitionist Gems
  • 189 Sensual Gems
  • 179 Playful Gems

Given that I will be unloading my pachinko orb stash on Day 2 of Legendary Contests I should be able to make it. Here's hoping my luck with Eccentric gems keeps up!

• Like 3
  • Hearts 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update for the past 2 weeks:

Orange: +1416 (101)
Purple: +1398 (100)
Red: +1218 (87)
Yellow: +1294 (92)
White: +1558 (111)
Green: +2164 (154)
Blue: +932 (66)
Dark: +806 (57)

Total for the past 8 weeks:

Orange: +7302 (130)
Purple: +9062 (162)
Red: +6221 (111)
Yellow: +6923 (123)
White: +6124 (109)
Green: +8789 (157)
Blue: +5734 (102)
Dark: +6659 (119)

In total, we're still above 100/Day for all colors (Just barely for blue, with a good margin for everything else). Some things to note for this batch:

- We didn't have the Dark/Blue Gems event in these past 2 Weeks (LC), but I've collected most of the gems from Seasons (Still missing 360 Dark and 180 Blue)

- I paid all PoV so far, except for the current one. They give 150 Gems for each color, which is slightly more than 10/Day each. A bit less if you can't complete the 2500-6500 range (32 Tiers require <= 2500 Points, 16 tiers require >2500 points).

- I didn't spend any pachinko orbs in a long time, except for GPx10 and free MPx1. So, not a lot of gems from there. However, I have a decent stash; which will provide me with at least 6.6k gems when I spend it. That's more than 800 gems for each color (On average)

- I spent some time fighting Sylvanus (ED, and I think Classic, white gems), and even more against Edwarda (MD, green+orange gems)

- I didn't have any Gems PoP this past week (So less Green/Purple gems than usual)

Since the gems drop seem relatively consistent (a lot of week-to-week variation, but we still find pretty much the same long-term trends, with lots of Green/Purple, and not too many Blue/Dark), I'll probably stop posting results for a while (At least until we see new gems events or other significant changes).

Regarding the strategy, I'm on my way to lvl 600. I still lack a few yellow and blue gems (Surprise, surprise...), but more than that, I need XPPP :D I should have 60 lvl 550 girls by the end of the month, and a decent amount of lvl 600 L/M girls sometime in March. With all the PXP we get from PoV (+15 levels in 1 month), I'll probably be able to reach D3 earlier than expected. I think I'll try it once I reach the lvl 600 cap (So, probably once I get the next League girl, after Ivanka, in 4 or 5 weeks)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Update for January 4th-11th:

Purple (Voyeur): 11045->12492 (+1447)
Green (Exhibitionist): 8283->9453 (+1170)
White (Submissive): 6650->7815 (+1165)
Blue (Sensual): 5611->6612 (+1001)
Yellow (Playful): 5871->6848 (+977)
Dark (Dominatrix): 5488->6398 (+910)
Red (Eccentric): 6556->7394 (+839)
Orange (Physical): 5645->6257 (+622)

This includes the 1000wetdreams code, many of the seasons rewards, and about 50 mythic orbs were spent (didn't get any of the girls, unfortunately) but even after accounting for those factors this week's haul has been very, very good. I've been grinding Sake and her drop rate has been cooperative, and PoP has been quite generous for everything in rotation. I have not been buying PoV, as I anticipate having to spend copious amounts of kobons on shop refreshes, and I feel there's a 50% chance next month's mythic will be Voyeur so I want to be ready to grab her.

In terms of proceeding up to level 650, all I need to collect now is 1500 more Eccentric gems. I've already built up some healthy stockpiles in many gem categories, but there are others where I'll need to collect significantly more to upgrade even a single girl up to level 650 once that becomes available to me.

The biggest obstacle is girl experience. I now have about 665k in GXP stockpiled, thanks in part to PoV providing a large influx of books. I also have the 40k mythic book reward coming up very shortly in seasons. Still, this still isn't enough just to get the 70 girls up to level 600 that I need, and I'll have enough gems to take several up to level 650 immediately so I will need even more GXP on top of that. In order words, I'm going to need to spend a lot of kobons on market refreshes. My apologies to anyone who ends up in my bracket on day 4 of Legendary Contests. 

The overall long-term drop rate trends are starting to become obvious, though I am very concerned about Submissive gems. I have been grinding Sake with very few breaks since the gem system was first introduced, and Submissive gems are barely above average. While Sensual and Dominatrix have erratic income, they really aren't doing much worse than Playful and Eccentric. However, Physical is clearly lagging behind. Seasons battles just don't reward enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1