Beginner question : Best way to spend kobans ?

killwillbill123

Hi there !

New player here, I started about a week ago, on the nutaku platform. Right now I am level 119, in the beginning it was very fast to level up but now it's quite slow to get to the next level...

Same for the girls, I currently have 17 girls, but now it's very slow. I'm trying to get the ones from the gruntt boss, but the shards are so sparse (most of the time I only get the money). 

I also currently have 1328 kobans. I was wondering what was the best way to spend them ? I can use them on energy to advance on the main story, or to get more fists to fight the bosses to get shards for the girls, kisses for the season, but I don't see the point, the reward for each level is quite low, or I can buy the candle to advance the pantheon, or I can play the pachinko but it's very expensive ! 

Also I have a lot of money, almost 9 millions, I don't know how to spend since I have improved the xp and the stars of all my girls.

What do you think ?

Thanks !

21 minutes ago, killwillbill123 said:

Save the kobans for later : For what ?

You have a lot of catching up to do the game is over 5 years old.
More than 900 girls are in the game and they keep adding new ones every month as well so you will need the kobans for either new events with new girls or revival events that bring back older girls that came out in events before you started to play.

2 hours ago, killwillbill123 said:

Save the kobans for later : For what ?

Orgy Days and Path of Attraction for starter. However, save kobans until you get the hang of things, especially PoA. 1328 kobans will go quickly. For new players, earning that much kobans isn't that easy.

In my opinion it is - because in higher levels (there are 10 Levels of the permanent PoPs) you get more rewards which helps you in the game. For example at Level 9 you can get 9 shards of the Girl, or 3 tickets or Orbs.

But be careful: you need more strength at your girls to fullfill the request. If you have enough power so that after 7 hours the request on Level 1 is fullfilled and have some girls on top, than it is the time to Level up.

At this place you can read more about PoPs and look if your girls are strong enough: https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Places-of-Power

My uses are :

very frequently, buy more combativity and fight villains

frequently, change my opponents in season (maybe not the most useful, but cheap and handy)

once a month, upgrade the places of power

two or three times per month, buy boosters (especially the mythic one which add shards)

more rarely, upgrade my club

never, buy energy, worship or kisses, play pachinko, buy affection grades or mythic something at market (except the booster already told)

54 minutes ago, Kaitana said:

My uses are :

very frequently, buy more combativity and fight villains

frequently, change my opponents in season (maybe not the most useful, but cheap and handy)

once a month, upgrade the places of power

two or three times per month, buy boosters (especially the mythic one which add shards)

more rarely, upgrade my club

That's a lot of spending. To lower level players, refilling combativity for OD is good value, not so for LD and ED. Taking loss in Season is sometime necessary so I don't refresh. PoP upgarde only has valuae if you have the harem size to support it. Once a month is probably fine. I don't recommend to newcomers though. The only booster I buy is mythic SP and I only use it during MD. Extra shards from it doesn't worth the cost during regular events. I've been contributing to club weekly to pay my dues.

I'm sorry, but I play in french and your abreviations don't mean anything to me. And I'm pretty sure a newcomer doesn't understand either. What are they for, in complete words ?

But what I understand is you use a mythic booster in order to earn mythic girls (probably the same booster I use for legendaries). You say it does'nt worth the cost during regular events. What is worthy of the cost, if that isn't ? Skipping mythics allow to use thousands of kobans elsewhere.

During Orgy Days (OD), the fights you do to get girls has the highest shard drop range (1-12), so out of all the events where you can do boss fights to get girls, during OD you will get most value for spending kobans on more fights. Classic event is next highest, then epic days, then legendary days, then mythic days (1). But you will not have progressed in the story enough to be able to fight all the bosses for girls during orgy days, so spending kobans on more fights to get the girls at the end of the classic events is still a good use of kobans IMO, it's just that OD is the best value. Forget about epic, legendary, mythic days for now because those will cost you thousands of kobans to get 100 shards. Same goes for KC, you should ignore that.

With more girls you can have more PoP (Places of Power) running which will give you more resources. So when you know you have extra power from girls, PoP is probably still a good investment to upgrade even though they have nerfed it.

Keep in mind you won't get any more GP10 orbs or MyP1 orbs between levels 4-8 I think. So you may want to jump to level 4, then to level 9 when you are ready.

PoP level 4: 2xGP10, 1xMyP1, 2 tickets, 4 shards

PoP level 9: 3xGP10, 3xMyP1, 3 tickets, 9 shards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kaitana said:

What are they for, in complete words ?

Path of Attraction (PoA), Orgy Days (OD), Legendary Days (LD), Epic Days (ED), Mythic Days (MD)

But what I understand is you use a mythic booster in order to earn mythic girls (probably the same booster I use for legendaries)

I use sandalwood perfume (SP) for mythic girls. It is too expensive to use on any other girls

You say it does'nt worth the cost during regular events. What is worthy of the cost, if that isn't ?

Typically, girl costs about 2k kobans (using refills) during OD, little over during classic events. 4-5k for LD and ED. 15-16k for MD. That is why OD has better value. SP booster cost 540 kobans so the 11 shards costs 49 kobans/shard. Beside MD, all other events have a lower koban/shard rate.

Skipping mythics allow to use thousands of kobans elsewhere

PoA bonus path costs 7200 kobans. It is expensive but well worth the cost. It gives you 2 more girls + resources that can give you several more girls. I save all combativity rewards from PoA and Seasons to use on classic events. This with natural regeneration allows me to get all villain girls during classic events. That is why I don't have to spend kobans on classic events. The kisses from PoA also help with Kinky Cumpetition (KC). PoA worths the cost but not easy to manage. Newcomers should wait.

This is why I recommend spending on OD and PoA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the help. I'm also playing in french so I had ni idea what all the abbreviations were...

From what I understand : Currently the event going on is Orgy days, so it's worth it to spend Kobans to get more fists to fight the bosses in order to get the different girls from the vilains, is that it ?

2 hours ago, killwillbill123 said:

Currently the event going on is Orgy days, so it's worth it to spend Kobans to get more fists to fight the bosses in order to get the different girls from the vilains, is that it ?

Yes. I recommend waiting for last event day to use refills to finish a girl. Don't spend all at once. Get a better feel of the game first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Bomba said:

Nah, it's about value that you can get for your kobans. Orgy Days is the best event and then PoA. A lot of players use PoA to also push for two first events of the next month, like Classic Event and KC(Kinky Cumpetition). Also, why Classic isn't mentioned, because you're not supposed to spend kobans there. For PoA additional rewards are worth it if you're planning on using them when they needed.
As for mythic days. Yes, that's a heavy investment that usually pays off in a League, but it's up for each individual player to decide when to invest. But Legendary Days? I don't know about you, but I place top15 in D3, even won it once, but I don't have resources for Legendary Days and never will. I just pile up MP orbs and hope that one day some of those 5star legendary girls appear in Mythic Pachinko and I will either finish them or get them from the scratch.
I'm not sure what's your koban income, but you definitely should skip Legendary days if you don't have kobans for PoA. Same about Epic Days really. But you know that it's more of a discussion about how it's better for you to spend your kobans and should be done in Q&A section of the forum. You can ping me to have this conversation there.

For the legendary days and if a 5* legendary appears, I meant just to finish the fights on one, after regen punches, not using kobans to get all the shards. I thought that cost around 4-5K kobans for ~80 shards. Maybe I'm mistaken.

With the classic days, it should be possible to get them without spending extra kobans, using first tier PoA rewards isn't that right? Without needing the tier 2 PoA rewards? That was my experience.. So what to use the bonus PoA punches on? A mythic? But if you don't have the kobans for both then you can't.

With KC, I'm not interested in that event, but I can see if you were, then the PoA bonus would seem more valuable.

Edited by isonitro

24 minutes ago, isonitro said:

For the legendary days and if a 5* legendary appears, I meant just to finish the fights on one, after regen punches, not using kobans to get all the shards. I thought that cost around 4K kobans for ~80 shards. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Legendary Days. 10% drop chance. 1-3 drop range. Natural generation is 4*48=192. So you kinda expected to get 38 shards. So you would need 310 more fights to get them. 320 fights is 16 refills so around 3500 kobans. So yeah, 4000 kobans is a good estimate for how much you would need for a 5star legendary girl.

The standard price for a girl is 5400 - the price for a x10 Epic Pachinko game btw.

39 minutes ago, isonitro said:

With the classic days, it should be possible to get them without spending extra kobans, using first tier PoA rewards isn't that right? Without needing the tier 2 PoA rewards? That was my experience.. So what to use the bonus PoA punches on? A mythic? But if you don't have the kobans for both then you can't.

Classic Event. 10% drop chance. 2-8 drop range. Natural generation is 9*48=432. So you should expect around 215 shards. Until recently that wasn't enough because there was 3 girls instead of 2. Yep, you're right, starting from this month there's no need for bonus combativity.

But that's just math. We're talking about what's good and what's bad when it comes to spending kobans. So what are you after in this game?
Because as I said, spending kobans on Legendary Days is not worth your kobans. You spend them there to get that 5star legendary girl right away. That's it. You can still get her from Mythic Pachinko later on. PoA on the other hand has exclusive girls that never return. Or at least we're yet to see another appearance. The only one PoA girl that ever returned was Lupa's Mother and she returned once - during 4th anniversary and was only available in the Pachinko.
In the terms of how much girls do you get for your kobans yet again PoA is better. Even if you forget about additional rewards 7200 kobans for 2 girls is 3600 kobans per girl and that's guaranteed. Compare that to the Legendary event girl where the amount of kobans you'll spend heavily depends on your luck and with a big chance will be higher than 3600 kobans.
But that math is a lie. For the second path of PoA you also receive 11 x1 EP orbs and 2 x6 MP orbs. so it's around 2/3 of 1 girl from EP and 1/2 of a girl from MP. And that's on top of 2 girls. Those 2 x6 MP orbs will help out to finish that 5star legendary girl from Legendary Days that you're waiting to finish as part of this package. Same for x1 EP orbs. Expected amount of x1 EP orbs that you need to get one girl is 17 if I recall correctly. So even if you won't use kisses and combativity(fists) you will still get a great value out of it. And with kisses for KC and combativity(fists) for Classic event it becomes a very sweet deal. But that' not all! With introduction of gems you now also receive 300 purple gems and 500 orange gems. Which is also pretty good.

So yeah, if you have kobans to spare, PoA has great value. But if you don't, then you for sure don't have luxury to spend them also on Legendary Days.

To sum it up: Orgy days. That's the event where you should spend your kobans. During the anniversary you can also get a lot of pretty good old girls in that version of Classic Event and you should definitely save some kobans for that.
Only after that comes the next best expense which is PoA, because of its great value.
But there're three other things you should spend your kobans on. 1) To finish a girl. Obviously. Especially during the Classic event. But even during Epic Days and Legendary Days it's worth it if you got lucky with other shards and you don't need much kobans to finish that girl. But again, you better to calculate how much kobans you would actually need to finish her. 2) Player's XP . Until recently player's level was the main source of your power, so maximizing XP gain was necessary. Usually that meant buying refills in Leagues or even using boosters to win in some battles to get that sweet XP. With the recent changes and possible future changes I don't know how valuable this is now, but it's still worth mentioning. Also, buying a mythic booster for XP - Alban's travel memories might be a good investment in that regard. 3) Permanent PoPs. If you have enough girls to fill them, upgrading them to the 9th level is really recommended to get an income of orbs. It's a heavy investment and long term, but it's worth it if you can fill it up with girls.

So those are things that it's worth spending your kobans on value wise. The only exception to this is Mythic Days. Obviously it's not worth it to spend that much kobans on 1 girl. But Mythic girls are strong and they're probably the only time where you want to spend your kobans while forgetting about how much it will cost. Just because it will give you power in PvP. But again, that's a question for you - how much do you need that?
If you want to participate in Mythic Days don't forget to buy 4 mythic boosters for shards - Sandalwood perfume. (I would even recommend all 5)

As for how much do you want it. That really depends on you. How much girls do you have? What quality are they? And what your koban income is?
Depending on those question there's a lot of different thing you might need to focus on.
You have a small harem? Forget about the rest, focus on numbers, because with BDSM system you now need a very big harem to get both passive bonuses and have enough option to get your team ready for the next week's blessings. Low Quality? Well, 5star Legendary girls and Mythic Girls are the best. You need to find resources to get them one way or the other. I assume that's your idea behind pursuing them during Legendary Days, but again, value wise it's not worth it. It's better to aim for Legendary Contests, Mythic Pachinko and if you want to spend your kobans it's better to spend them on Mythic Days. Costly, but mythic girls is the end game right now. If you're spending kobans on something then spend it on the best. But all of that leads to the main question - how many kobans do you have and make in a month? That's the most important question I think. Sometimes you might need better girls so you would be able to continue get your income of kobans, like staying in the high place of your League. Or maybe you need to cut your losses and stop buying something that you don't need to spend your kobans on.

My assumption is that you don't have much in all categories. So focus on orgy days and XP. I would also recommend to invest in PoPs. But that might be a bad advice right now. I'm not sure. And save every other koban to go for Mythic Days. Skip legendary days, epic days, PoA, until you get a strong team and get enough presence in the League in order to get to higher koban rewards. And after that - PoA will become a good option too.
But again, this advice is for this moment where Mythic Days with mythic boosters could be finished in less than 15k kobans total. For now, while it's cheap it's better to focus on them - on mythic girls. But who knows what else will be changed.

Aaand it's another wall of text. Sorry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the explanation, that's pretty clear.

Yea PoP was my priority before but I can fill that for the time being, so now that I could barely afford PoA, I would rather try to get a mythic every other month than spend kobans on PoA.

I think even after your explanation, I would still rather complete a 5* legendary during legendary days, than spend kobans on PoA. How often do 5* legendaries appear in mythic pachinko? It seems to be extremely rare, and you can still build up MyP6 orbs without tier2 PoA even though it is slower. Also I never got a 5* in epic pachinko. I was under the impression there weren't any 5* girls in epic pachinko. So I understand the PoA girls will never reappear, but I'm never going to get all the girls anyway, so I don't really care about that. It's not a realistic goal for me to try to get all the girls in the game.

So, my view on PoA is pretty much what it was before. I thought maybe I was missing something, but no, I guess PoA just doesn't appeal to me like it does to others. One reason may be because there are so many 3* legendaries. You get 2 in seasons, you get them in epic pachinko, and I will never come close to upgrading even half of them. I would rather focus on OD, like you said, and mythics or legendary 5*.

Cheers Bomba.

• Like 2

I'm just saying that PoA is very cost efficient in term of kobans. And Legendary Days aren't that great in that regard if you can just get those girls from Mythic Pachinko. Yes, 5star legendary girls are rare guests in MP, but they do appear. Depends on how many of them you already got I guess.
As for 5stars in Epic Pachinko - there's one - Nikki Benz. But during anniversary and similar events there're more 5star legendary girls there. Those orbs are usually saved for those special occasions. But it was said more about the total number of girls you get for your kobans.

My main point is that if you can't afford PoA then Legendary Days aren't worth it. It's better to save those kobans for mythic girl if you're saving those kobans for powerful girls. Team of 7 mythics will always be good. (Until we get 7star girls) Just look up the recent topics about mythic days and how much it costed for people. Yeah, it's better to have 15k kobans at the start of the event. But it's due to randomness of the shard drops, so you wouldn't end up with unfinished girl. With mythic booster it takes around 10k kobans or even less to get the mythic girl, so it's better to spend kobans there then during the Legendary Days.
That's why I don't understand why you keep going back to Legendary Days or maybe I just didn't understand something of what you said.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bomba said:

The only one PoA girl that ever returned was Lupa's Mother and she returned once - during 4th anniversary and was only available in the Pachinko.

You're a bit wrong here. We got them reappear during the last anniversary's month during Kinky Cumpetition. Do you remember that uproar when they added 4 girls to KC instead of 1? Additional girls were from the past PoAs.

6 hours ago, isonitro said:

So I understand the PoA girls will never reappear

I don't think that's true. I don't see why Kinkoid would want to lose value out of them. They may once again put them as additions during one of the KC to drain people's resources and force them to buy bundles / kobans for them.

• Like 2

I think there's another way to view the LD vs PoA/OD question.

I've been playing for just over a year. In that time there have been 6 new 5* Legendaries released via LD. In that time I do not recall seeing a single one of these girls in the MyP rotation. DvDivXXX maintains an excellent record of the rotations on the HH server (I'm on Nutaku) and again I don't see a single one of these 6 girls having appeared in MyP in the last year.

Now this could just be luck, or perhaps there is a delay before these girls get added to the MyP pool, but it is absolutely possible to have to wait years to collect a 5* girl that you missed on the LD if you are going to wait on them appearing in the MyP rotation. This dynamic, imo, makes them not that much different to the second path girls in PoA in terms of their availability after the event. While there are some efforts by KK to move in an 'exclusive' direction, there's not really a lot of reason to make 3*s exclusive. There's little special or covatable about them in the current game system, so while it hasn't happened yet it does not seem unreasonable to conclude they will reappear at some point. And given how long it can take to find the 5* in MyP, there's even a reasonable chance of that happening before you manage to collect the girl from MyP.

And the arguement about the passive bonuses for having a large harem size - if we go down this road you are balancing the passive bonuses against having the right girls. On the one hand you could have an extra 2-3 girls if you go PoA, moving those bonuses up fractionally every week, but it's likely to be years before these girls are useful to your PvP team when they get hit by a double blessing. On the other you could have a 5* that is more likely to end up being in the top 7 girls at some point in the near future as they generally only need a single blessing to get there. Imo the passive bonus will do you significantly less benefit than the 5*.

And then you have the cost. If we take @Bomba's figures above, LD 10% drop rate, 1-3 shard drops (so assuming that there's an equal chance of each, an average drop of 2), which means you need 50 drops or 500 Combativity. 192 natuarl regens. 308 additional fights at 1.8 Kobans/fight (Nutaku - 10.8 Kobans/fight HH). Total cost 555 Koban (or 3327). But that does not take into consideration the SP booster. If you use 3 SP it will require 34 drops, or 340 Combativity. 192 natural regens leave 148 additional fights at 1.8 Kobans/fight. Cost for Combativity 267 Koban, plus 270 Koban for the SP giving you a total of 537 (or 3222 on HH) which is a little cheaper than without SP booster. So, HH, the cost is closer to 3k than it is 4k and certainly no where near the 5.4k for 10xEP.  

It's also worth considering that the cost of one PoA actually covers 2 LD. So if it's an either or decision, you could miss every 4th PoA as there's usually only one LD every 2 months. Over the 4 months you could get 12 additional 3* girls playing all four PoA and missing LD, or 9 additional 3* girls and 2 5* (meaning 11 total) playing 3 PoA and 2 LD.

LD still costs more per girl than PoA (estimate around 350NK or 2100HHK/girl for PoA) but the decision then comes down to whether the additional spend on LD to get a 5* is more beneficial than getting more girls. For me, I'd rather have less girls and more 5*s, especially under the Awakening system. I realise some players are going for an 'upgrade all the commons as they're cheapest' strategy to allow them to break the various Awakening barriers as quickly as possible, but I'd rather spend gems efficiently, until we see whether there are going to be shortages, and upgrade the girls I'm actually likely to use frequently in my team. I have enough 5/6*s to pass the Awakening barrier immediately above me anyway and I'm going to end up upgrading these girls as I need them anyway. I'm not finding it difficult to sustain my performance in D2 as it is so feel no need to rush to Awaken past my current high (lvl 450). A little patience means no wasted gem spends on garbage girls. More girls are required for higher Awakenings, so to stick to my strategy I need to increase the number of 5/6* girls rather than gain extra 3s.

So the 'value' of the LD isn't a straight comparison to PoA or OD. If you're objective in the game is unlocking as many scenes as possible or collecting as many girls as possible, then the chances are that you're marginally better off spending your Koban on PoA or OD. If your objective is to compete in the PvP then (again imo) the LD are a far better investment.

Each to their own I guess. 

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

perhaps there is a delay before these girls get added to the MyP pool

There is. MP pool is typically a few months off, although it varies. It's not updated at specific intervals, but more or less every few months (and when it's updated, all MP-eligible girls—and, for us lucky .com players, all avatars, too—are added from where the previous update left off to the day the pool update is made (usually).

In that time I do not recall seeing a single one of these girls in the MyP rotation. DvDivXXX maintains an excellent record of the rotations on the HH server (I'm on Nutaku) and again I don't see a single one of these 6 girls having appeared in MyP in the last year.

Yep, but plenty of past LD girls appeared during that time (these are just the ones I didn't already have, went for, and grabbed, but there were multiple others):

HH - x1MP drop - 014 - 2021-01-08.png

HH - x1MP drop - 054 - 2021-06-19.png

So the 'value' of the LD isn't a straight comparison to PoA or OD.

Of course it isn't. The value of PoA is much higher than the other two in a vacuum, because you don't just get girls, you get tons of useful and, for some of them, precious resources too. OD (until you caught up enough on past event girls) is the clear winner in term of koban per girl ratio, and LD is one of the most expensive and least necessary events in the game, actually. Your argument would make much more sense if you replace LD with MD. Especially in the post-awakening patch meta. 5-star legendary girls are still good, especially the recent ones with the 5.5 base main stat, but Mythics are on a whole other level (haha) and with all the new systems in place, if you want to be competitive in the mid to long term, it's MD über alles, more than ever. You can and, if you're on a budget or even pure F2P, you SHOULD definitely skip any and all LD, but also ED and FP(/Anniv) events entirely. KC too. OD is the quickest way to build up your harem and give you more resources and options short to mid term. PoA is the best value this game has to offer, along with PoPs, and you SHOULD prioritize that ASAP once you start to get the ball rolling after the first year or so. IF you want to progress ASAP and get competitive (relative to your account's age and assets) to progress even further, that is. As I already told @isonitro, that's entirely up to each player to decide where and how to spend their kobans (and more generally to form and follow a given global strategy to progress in this game). But these are the most efficient and valuable tools at your disposal.

3 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

If you're objective in the game is unlocking as many scenes as possible or collecting as many girls as possible, then the chances are that you're marginally better off spending your Koban on PoA or OD. If your objective is to compete in the PvP then (again imo) the LD are a far better investment.

Nope. Whatever your end-game goal is, PvP is still a crucial and mandatory part of it if you want to get there sooner and better. Being competitive in PvP still leads to collecting more girls and resources and snowballing from there, even with the recent league reward nerfs and everything else. And being competitive in PvP, especially on a budget, does NOT require to play LD at all. MD is the biggest game changer in that regard, once you can reasonably aim for it (which is obviously NOT during your first year or so in the game, unless you're a heavy real-money spender). At low levels, you grab the LC 5* legendary basically for free and with benefits (honestly until you reach the Bracket of Death for Contests at level 401, LC is the easiest and cheapest event there is), that's more than enough. As a non-veteran, trying to truly and completely catch up is futile. What you need is a good enough and cheap enough army and short to mid term strategy to get you to the next milestone, and so on.

To each their own in terms of preferences and tastes, definitely. The relative value of various events, features and items in this game compared to others, however, is pretty much a clear and objective ranking. Anyone can prefer to burn kobans on LD or whatever, but it's undeniably not the most efficient use of their kobans, at least not if they can't already afford everything else that's more bang for their kobans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

You're a bit wrong here. We got them reappear during the last anniversary's month during Kinky Cumpetition. Do you remember that uproar when they added 4 girls to KC instead of 1? Additional girls were from the past PoAs.

I don't think that's true. I don't see why Kinkoid would want to lose value out of them. They may once again put them as additions during one of the KC to drain people's resources and force them to buy bundles / kobans for them.

Thank you for reminding me! Yes, it happened twice.

As for the Kinkoid policy. I want to remind you their view on the availability of the mythic girls. They're exclusive now and will never return. Same with dating tokens. According to Kinkoid they shouldn't have existed. We have Seasons, League, Mythic Days, KC(maybe not, new event) and PoA(with only 2 cases where girls returned) all filled with girls that are not available in Mythic Pachinko and quite possibly will never return. Yeah, there're 2 cases where PoA girls returned, but I think that's more of an exception than a rule. So expecting them to return after Kinkoid made sure to say that they want girls to be exclusive will not lead to a positive experience in the future I'm afraid.

@JustVisiting I just explained my view on how Kinkoid sees the availability of the girls. If they will never appear in Mythic Pachinko we can consider them never returning at this point unless Kinkoid will decide to do something different. So it all comes down to "Can I collect them later if I miss them now?" really. And for Legendary days the answer to that question is "Yes, you can". Those girls will appear again during other Legendary Days and in Mythic Pachinko, so you will be able to collect them. For PoA - there're only 2 cases where the girls returned. One was the experiment with KC, the other was a nice gift for Anniversary. So they don't return. Usually. at least don't expect that.

As for the battle team. As I said 7 mythics will always be good. It's better to spend your kobans on them., because they're strong and will always be relevant. (Until 7star girls). You want 5star legendary girls? Every month there's a Legendary Contests - that should be enough.

So no, in both cases Legendary Days is a poor investment. For battle team - go for Mythic. For value - go for PoA. Unless you really want that girl during the Legendary Days there's no real reason to go for her.

Also, 5 star Starting and Common girls are among the top100 strongest girls right now. And that's why people are upgrading them. They add to the amount of girls you need to break through the gem barrier, but they're also useful and strong. And also yes, they're cheap to upgrade. And it's not just the cost of gems, but also XP books. You said your current high is 450 level for girls, right? Well, look at the tables for XP. XP for girls skyrocket after 400 level. You're correct that it's better to upgrade only mythic and 5star legendaries. But you forget the cost of it. It's a lot. That's why the solution is to upgrade common girls. It's cheaper.

What I didn't mention? Oh, right, the number of girls. Passive bonus is a good thing, but you also need a lot of girls and upgraded girls to make full use of all the available PoPs. For example, at 455+ level 700+ girls isn't enough for all PoPs. And having some options for Champions is a good thing too. So amount of girls does matter too and sometimes affects the amount of resources you can collect and you shouldn't forget about that.

• Like 4

Hi DvDivXXX,

I think you're perhaps extending some of what was posted above beyond what was intended.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

There is. MP pool is typically a few months off, although it varies.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Yep, but plenty of past LD girls appeared during that time

I realise this, but was looking specifically at the LD from the last 12 months to give a real world example of how long it can take to pick-up a 5* that you miss on LD from MyP. The real world example being that none of the 5*s from the last 12 months have appeared in the MyP yet.

I'm a big supporter of targeting your MyP play specifically to pick out the 5* (where the player has a large bank of players still in MyP). I've actually hoarded MyP orbs for several months now (~650) to ensure that when 5*s come up I can guarantee grabbing them. During that process I've managed to pick-up Sponsor Sara Jay, Golden Bunny, Silver Lupa and I could have grabbed Sai as well (I got her a few days before on the LD as I wanted to burn my DT on 5 stars).

Again though, the point I was trying to make was that by skipping the LD you are likely to end up waiting years before you can grab all these girls in MyP.

LD is one of the most expensive and least necessary events in the game, actually. Your argument would make much more sense if you replace LD with MD.

That most certainly was not the point I was trying to convey, though I do disagree with you in terms of the 'necessity' of LD.

MD is the clear winner overall imo. There's no arguements on that front. Anyone saying otherwise likely isn't really competitive on the PvP. I would skip all other events to prioritise MD, though I do understand that this is a subjective opinion. But I would put LD immediately below MD. Yes you can get girls cheaper in terms of Kobans via other events, but the girls simply aren't even remotely as good. 5* are a long long way behind the Mythics. But the NEW Legendaries coming out with LD are of the 5.5 variety now. 3* are, imo, even further behind 5* than 5* are behind Mythics in terms of how often they are likely to contribute to an optimum team.

And again, I would stress that this is my opinion and I accept that yours may differ in terms of how to approach the events, but the frequency with which 5* Legendaries end in the top 7 girls for any given week is so much higher than any given 3* that I'd rather than one 5* than several 3*s.

PoA is the best value this game has to offer, along with PoPs, and you SHOULD prioritize that ASAP once you start to get the ball rolling after the first year or so. IF you want to progress ASAP and get competitive (relative to your account's age and assets) to progress even further, that is.

With regard to progressing faster - I think there's a discussion to be had with regard to which begats strength faster: gaining as many girls as quickly as possible or gaining fewer but stronger girls. I fall in the latter camp, but I would say that the truth likely falls somewhere in the middle. If you manage to get 700 girls but nothing better than a 5* rare, the number of girls isn't going to help you be competitive. Likewise only having 30 girls but having them all be 6/5* Legendary+, you'll be able to form stronger teams more regularly, but are going to have weaker base stats. Both of these are extreme examples that are unlikely to occur, they are simply used to make a point.

I'm a year in, 100% f2p at Level 358, with 316 girls, 4 Mythics and 27 Legendary 5*. I'm very comfortably managing 16-30 in D2 every week. I have to plan carefully not to promote (following advice you provided previously regarding balancing the XP in the leagues). I could have had probably up to 50 more girls over the year if I'd went for fewer of the Legendary 5*s (and not hoarded orbs so aggressively), but a principal reason that I'm managing to compete comfortably in the 2nd top division is that I usually have to hand a decent number of the top 7 girls due to having so many Legendary 5*s. They are the backbone that allows me to compete despite there being very few players of lower level than me in D2 (only 4 this week which is about the norm).

Oh, and I completely agree - PoP are the thing that every player should prioritise. They come top of the stack for me, even above MD.

Nope. Whatever your end-game goal is, PvP is still a crucial and mandatory part of it if you want to get there sooner and better. Being competitive in PvP still leads to collecting more girls and resources and snowballing from there, even with the recent league reward nerfs and everything else.

I disagree here not because I disagree, but because it doesn't take into account the non-PvP approach and as such wasn't what I was trying to convey.

I completely get what you're saying, but there are a lot of players who are 'just here for the story' and who actively avoid the PvP aspects of the game. I, personally, don't really get it, but I accept that many people do think down this line. Talking about PvP for those players is a non-starter. They don't want to interact with other users at all. So accepting they just won't engage with this part of the game, for them unlocking scenes becomes the focus. 5*s carry little benefit for a player approaching the game in this manner, and more cheaper 3* is the better way for them to go. Yes, they could likely achieve more of that if they engaged with PvP, but that's not something they're going to do.

And I was NOT saying that LD is essential to being competitive. MD are. I was saying that I think picking up the new 5* Legendary that comes with the LD is a better way to get competitive quicker than PoA or even OD in terms of Koban investment. The 5* girls are simply a lot more useful and have greater impact on your ability to compete. I haven't until this point picked up every LD girl, but now that I have PoP maxed and can comfortably pick-up the Mythic girl each month with excess Kobans to spare, I will be looking to do so from this point on. PoA would for me come after that but only once I can comfortably secure Kobans beyond what was required for MD and LD. Quality over quantity has been a successful strategy for me up till now. 

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

So it all comes down to "Can I collect them later if I miss them now?" really. And for Legendary days the answer to that question is "Yes, you can".

@Bomba (Sorry @DvDivXXX - I didn't intend to post twice in a row, but it wouldn't let me edit in quotes)

The question I would pose in response would be 'How long will that take?'

You may miss some 3* if KK sticks to their one use policy, but how often will those 3* actually make your team vs how many times would the 5* have made your team in the years it is likely to take on average to pick her up from MyP? Perhaps @zoopokemon who maintains that fantastic spreadsheet could give us an average of the frequency of occurrance to date of any given 5* Legendary vs any given 3*? I'm confident that the average frequency of occurrance will show that the 5* would come up several times a year with a 3* faaar less, but I'd be willing to be proven wrong on that.

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

Also, 5 star Starting and Common girls are among the top100 strongest girls right now.

This wasn't the point I was trying to communicate.

Of course there are other rarity girls that are useful. The ladder of priorities for upgrading for me is:

- Whichever girls give me the strongest team this week
- Whichever girls give me the strongest team next week
(break - I will deal with the above regardless of contests, below I'll only go to when there are contests where spending the XP gives an additional benefit)
- Mythic
- Legendary 5*s (5.5s first)
- Epic 5*s
- Rare 5*s
- Common/Starting 5*s

I'm not advocating ignoring the common girls. I am saying that I ignore anything less than 5*s unless they are of benefit to my team on any given week. This is contrary to others who are advocating upgrading 1* commons because they're cheap to allow them to break through the Awakening barriers so that they can advance further. I'm happy to wait at the present time and see the strongest girls upgraded first. That may change as time passes, but for the moment, with a harem that's almost entirely above level 350 (other than 1*s that don't appear in the Champions rotations) it's entirely possible to focus on building up the top girls to break the next Awakening barrier. A couple of months is likely to see that achieved.

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustVisiting said:

@Bomba 

The question I would pose in response would be 'How long will that take?'

You may miss some 3* if KK sticks to their once use policy, but how often will those 3* actually make your team vs how many times would the 5* have made your team in the years it is likely to take on average to pick her up from MyP? Perhaps @zoopokemon who maintains that fantastic spreadsheet could give us an average of the frequency of occurrance to date of any given 5* Legendary vs any given 3*? I'm confident that the average frequency of occurrance will show that the 5* would come up several times a year with a 3* faaar less, but I'd be willing to be proven wrong on that.

How long? I would say about 2 years. This is a slow game.

How many times will it get in my team? Well, that's the first thing we should check if the new 5star legendary girl will appear. And you can check it in zoopokemons' spreadsheet. It's there. Currently a bit above 12% on average for the 25.00 girls. 

25 minutes ago, JustVisiting said:

This wasn't the point I was trying to communicate.

Of course there are rarity girls that are useful. The ladder of priorities for upgrading for me is:

- Whichever girls give me the strongest team this week
- Whichever girls give me the strongest team next week
(break - I will deal with the above regardless of contests, below I'll only go to when there are contests where spending the XP gives an additional benefit)
- Mythic
- Legendary 5*s (5.5s first)
- Epic 5*s
- Rare 5*s
- Common/Starting 5*s

I'm not advocating ignoring the common girls. I am saying that I ignore anything less than 5*s unless they are of benefit to my team on any given week. This is contrary to others who are advocating upgrading 1* commons because they're cheap to allow them to break through the Awakening barriers so that they can advance further. I'm happy to wait at the present time and see the strongest girls upgraded first. That may change as time passes, but for the moment, with a harem that's almost entirely above level 350 (other than 1*s that don't appear in the Champions rotations) it's entirely possible to focus on building up the top girls to break the next Awakening barrier. A couple of months is likely to see that achieved.

Well then I'm sorry, I missed your point. And I haven't seen anyone in this topic who advocated for upgrading 1 star common girls to break gem limits.

Anyway. I see your point. Your strategy is focused on the strongest possible team. And it is correct. If you have all mythics and capable of gaining all new ones and you have fully maxed passive bonuses your strategy is absolutely correct. If you don't have those, it's correct for short term only. So it's better to ask you. How much that investment will pay off in .. I dunno, a year maximum I guess? How many times her presence in your harem will bring you the better result? And will that better result give you the investment(3.2k kobans) back? Because you're comparing her to better passive bonuses and mythic girls, because you'll have to delay those.
Again, strategy varies depending on this three factors we were talking about. Amount of girls. That are needed for passive bonuses and other elements of the game. Quality of girls. That is needed for the strong battle team. Koban income. Which limits what you can and can not afford.
And I already talked in detail about that.
I'm just a level 457 player who can secure top15 in D3. I can't afford LD for myself. And that's true for every player below me in level and koban income. Because all those players have to think long term and long term LD aren't worth you kobans.

• Like 3