Awakening

Veia

Couldn't find anyone talking about new fancy gem system so here it is. (Been looking for what it actually does since it rolled out and now that I do, I'd like to share with those who are curious.)

Informational

What gems are for: uncapping current max experience level for girls

Numbers:

Starting max lvl = 50

First awaken max lvl = 100

Second awaken max lvl = 150

Third awaken max lvl = 200

Awaken gems needed for first uncap for a common girl = 50

Awaken gems needed for first uncap for a rare girl = 100

Awaken gems needed for first uncap for an epic girl = 200

Awaken gems needed for first uncap for a legendary girl = 350

So far I have 112 yellow, 113 red, 170 green and 5 white gems; with this I could uncap 2 common or 1 rare girl for 3 out of 8 elements.

Opinion

Can't say I like the change but I can see the reason behind it. It is certainly a way of dealing with certain issues - players with shortage of books no longer need loads of them (because they won't be able to use them for quite some time) and players with abundance of books can no longer dominate contests without stocking up on gems (which will inevitably happen, unless gems get dating token treatment, but there'll be an illusion of balance until then).

It's an interesting way to slow down player growth but I can't help the feeling of concern about how it will affect the player base. One issue I can already see: champions - we're already working with a random draft of girls and the more girls we get the less likely we are to have them all ready to face the fight, now add to that unlockable cap on making our girls stronger that relies on some random drop "somewhere else". My new legendary girl is a voyeur and I've not gotten any purple gems anywhere yet; now imagine someone new trying the game and getting a girl they won't be able to upgrade during current gem rotation (however it's supposed to work).

Edited by Veia