Unbalanced rewards

Eckos

Hi folks, while I think the general idea of the new gemstone-system for leveling guys and disconnecting guy-levels from the player level is a good idea which allows both lower-level players to increase their chances in PvP and to deliberately level specific guys independently, the current way gems are distributed and awarded I think is unbalanced in relation to other possible rewards.

The most glaring offender of this imbalance are the daily missions. Except for a single daily mission which still awards Champion Tickets (which are also plenty available through villain fighting and Places of Power) all other missions "only" reward gems, no more money, no more gift or book items, no more pachinko orbs of any type.

Granted, books and gifts are by now available through temporary Places of Power or the new Stairway to Heaven, yet the first has only a certain percentage chance which gets also additionally lowered by having gems as possible prizes too while the latter requires a new resource which gets refilled every two hours.

In the permanent Places of Power the gems were also not added as additional prizes (which would still overall reduce the percentage chance of getting one of the other rewards) but they replaced an already existing prize in form of pachinko orbs.

In the daily contests the various other prizes including money and Combativity also were all replaced by gems.

Overall, it looks like the introduction of the gemstone mechanic was not only used to deliver a completely new system of leveling the guys in one's harem (which can have several advantages over the old system no doubt) but also to quite reduce the variability of possible awards from other, different activities, most strikingly reducing the overall chances to get pachinko orbs of any given type.

Considering how "regular" pachinko fees require lots of kobans to be used these changes may severely hamper new and low-level players.

• Like 2

Of all the gems changes the changes to daily mission rewards bothers me the least. Epic pachinko orbs are still just as possible as before just like tickets. Everything else that was possible from daily missions is very tiny sums and forgettable. The worst changes I found are to PoP and rewards from actually using orbs, pretty much 50% chance to get just gems from all those sources.

I can see  how lower lv players might think gems reduces the difference between higher lv players and lower lv players but it really only effects whales. Currently lower lv players had access to the free bundles to give gems and mythic xp books that allowed them to become very powerful for their lv very fast. The of gems though makes any progress significantly slowed every 50 levels after that initial 250 to the point where it will probably take over a year for new players to get any guys to 500 and years to reach 750.

The increase to book sources is nice but with mythic pachinko now giving gems a good 50% of the time I don't think we're really getting more than we use to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver66 said:

Of all the gems changes the changes to daily mission rewards bothers me the least. Epic pachinko orbs are still just as possible as before just like tickets. Everything else that was possible from daily missions is very tiny sums and forgettable. The worst changes I found are to PoP and rewards from actually using orbs, pretty much 50% chance to get just gems from all those sources.

I can see  how lower lv players might think gems reduces the difference between higher lv players and lower lv players but it really only effects whales. Currently lower lv players had access to the free bundles to give gems and mythic xp books that allowed them to become very powerful for their lv very fast. The of gems though makes any progress significantly slowed every 50 levels after that initial 250 to the point where it will probably take over a year for new players to get any guys to 500 and years to reach 750.

The increase to book sources is nice but with mythic pachinko now giving gems a good 50% of the time I don't think we're really getting more than we use to.

That's actually a pretty good point. I totally forgot that Pachinko rewards now also include "just gems". In combination with the avatars there's arguably even more "trash rewards" available reducing the overall value of the pachinko orbs themselves (except Great Pachinko, but that variant is only for equipment and 1star-guys anyways).

Another point is of course the whole needing a certain amount of guys on a certain level cap to unlock the next one. This is also something that can turn out to be tricky if the overall chances to get more guys into your harem have also decreased considerably with the updates in the last six months or so.

Even the guys one can definitely earn "through story" aren't as easy to get as one might think since villains/world trolls now also give gems as possible prize and thus reduce the overall chances to get shards for the common story guys each villain holds.

I don't know if I like gems yet... in pachinko is anoying receive this gems, but with update today, they put gems as 2nd gift in pachinko's rounds, that's a good thing. I use to increase all guys lv in my harem so I can found a good match in champions faster, cus all guys in the end have a good stats to help in a better impression. It's anoying the fact spend books all over again and gems and gifts to be able to do my goal. What I hate most actually is this updates in drops, it's hard to adapt our strategy while we don't have the final version from BDSM yet. I know a big update could bring us lots of bugs, but we already have bugs anyway... so I'd apreciate if they bring final version faster.

Yea, the update today actually addressed quite some of the initial issues pretty effectively I must say.

- in Pachinko the gems will drop as additional rewards alongside the other ones.

- in Places of Power the original rewards got restored in the permanent ones and we get three more slots for temporary ones meaning overall more prizes if you have enough guys leveled high enough to man all of them.

So all in all the week 47 2021 patch is a pretty good update I would say bringing back some more player friendliness.

Kudos to the developers to react this quick to removing parts of the imbalances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe its time for the new ingame currency, lets say Kubans? 😀 You would get some Kubans with chance from PoP as a alternative reward, instead of tickets, gems, books, etc. and could spend it to buy whatewer you want: tickets, gems, books, etc.