Mythic Book Usage

Syco

I wound up with a bunch of mythic books....37 of the ones that give 20k exp. I'm level 188, and I don't have any girls past 250 yet. Still building up to awaken them. At this point, all of these girls are only at like, 8 or 9k exp max. I'm afraid to waste these books to just level anyone up, so what's the best use of them? 5 star legendary girls? I see that 5 star common/starting even beat out 3 star Legendary/Epic, and I'm not sure if that's something that will change. I feel I'm starting to get out classed in PvP (which is a big issue for whatever the current event is named) but don't want to waste these clearly valuable items. Any tips or input?

5* girls are indeed the best, regardless of their rarity (So 5* Common > 3* Legendary).

In any case, these books won't be "wasted", because all the extra XP will be retained (Once you can awaken the girl, she'll instantly gain +50 levels if you gave her enough XP beforehand). So, giving these books to any 5* girl should be fine. This might even help you get enough girls at level 250 to awaken beyond that, which would be a nice boost for PvP.

However, in general, I wouldn't recommend buying Mythic books (Especially not at your level, but also not at all). They're not really flexible (as you noticed), and they're too expensive. There are better uses for your kobans.

I guess "waste" wasn't the right word, or not explained well. I didn't want to "waste" it by giving it to a girl that wont be a power house/viable to be high leveled early on. I know the exp itself doesn't go to waste and gets carried over, but thank you for that consideration. 

I think I have 2 (maybe 3) 5* legendary right now, no epic, and no mythic. Should I use the books on just, any 5* girls I have then, even common/rare/starting?

Buying them wasn't something I'd considered. As you said, the kobans are definitely much more useful in other facets of the game.

They aren't wasted as long you spend them with criteria.

Criteria 1: wait for an event that score for 'giving exp to girls'. Not mandatory, but welcome. Don't mind this criteria if you're in a rush or league clash.

Criteria 2: the best girls are now Legendary 5 and Common 5, then Legendary 3. You really want for your Legendary 5 to be the higher level you can. To do so, proceed piramidally. Try to awaken them. When the game tell you need more girls as requirements, go promote Common 5. Repeat. When you don't have enough Common 5 to awake, include Legendary 3.

The only girls that count as a waste are 3 stars girls and, by a strange math mechanic, epic and rare ones. All others will be promoted in time to help your best Legendary to Awake (both present and mostly future ones you'll collect!), and can be sporadically used when touched by a blessing, so they're never a waste and you'll end to awake them anyway. Better soon than later, now that you own so much books.

Just be sure to proceed rationally, one rank at time (300, 350, 400...) to awake just the strict number of girls you'll need.

Edited by lepidocter

28 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

Criteria 2: the best girls are now Legendary 5 and Common 5, then Legendary 3. 

How do "Starter 5" factor in to this? And do starter/common 5 all have the same "total" values for their stats, despite being a little higher/lower in one area compared to another? For example, I see that Jennie and Princess Agate have the same stat distribution numbers but in different categories, but that pattern doesn't continue with Solveig. 

Wow, I'm seeing that even a 4 star legendary is stronger than a 5 star common/starter, which does make sense. But you say 3 stars don't compete the same? interesting.

Edited by Syco
Additional info added

13 minuti fa, Syco ha scritto:

How do "Starter 5" factor in to this? And do starter/common 5 all have the same "total" values for their stats, despite being a little higher/lower in one area compared to another? For example, I see that Jennie and Princess Agate have the same stat distribution numbers but in different categories, but that pattern doesn't continue with Solveig. 

Wow, I'm seeing that even a 4 star legendary is stronger than a 5 star common/starter, which does make sense. But you say 3 stars don't compete the same? interesting.

I consider Starters as Common, and I think is common thought.

As long the total is the same, it doesn't matter, now only the total is computed and added to your scores.

As said, Legendary 5 are unbeatable (only Mythics, but forget them for the moment going). If you're planning to be a powerhouse, you should own at least seven Legendary 5 ASAP.

To Awake them, you need a foundation of other characters. You can awake and promote Legendary 3, but they are less and cost WAY more books and affection that Common 5.

For example, to promote my eight Legendary 5 to level 450, I had to boost other girls to level 400. So I promoted  Common 5* girls to level 400. The cost was incredibly less than awaking Legendary 3. Way less more.

As a side effect, Common 5 maxed out and blessed turn out better than non blessed Legendary 3. The moment I'm writing, my Red Battler (blessed) is way stronger than Ariana (a maxed out Legendary 3). 2000 points better!

In time (far from your level) you'll not use Common or Legendary 3 anyway, just sorting on your Legendary 5 /Mythic. They will be the foundation of your awaken strategy anyway. So, today or tomorrow, you'll have to invest many many thousand of exp into Common 5 anyway. Today, or tomorrow. Today you own such books, tomorrow who'll know?

3 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

As a side effect, Common 5 maxed out and blessed turn out better than non blessed Legendary 3. The moment I'm writing, my Red Battler (blessed) is way stronger than Ariana (a maxed out Legendary 3). 2000 points better!

Can you explain, or direct me to an explanation, of what "blessed" means? I don't think that's a term I've seen used anywhere before....unless it's a higher level end game kind of term.

43 minuti fa, Syco ha scritto:

Can you explain, or direct me to an explanation, of what "blessed" means? I don't think that's a term I've seen used anywhere before....unless it's a higher level end game kind of term.

Uhm. Ah. Ok. Basic thing XD. How you played so far? Maybe is called differently in your language?

Click on the right upper side of the screen, that round button with stars. Each week, two features are sorted and girls matching that blessing get a percentage bonus to score. For example, this week Exhibitionist girls receive a +20% to scores.

Generally, such bonus is enough for a girl to broadly jump up two tiers, so a Common 5 blessed is equal an Epic 5, that's better than a Legendary 3. That's very broad and empyrical, but work fine.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Syco said:

I'm level 188

10 hours ago, Syco said:

Any tips or input?

Yes. First and foremost, realize that you're basically still playing the tutorial; you clearly know next to nothing about this game yet. So perhaps take it easy and go the humble route (which would mean, among other things, stop reacting with "WTF" to posts by experienced and knowledgeable players you don't have the knowledge to even understand yet, like yours truly notably). We all started somewhere, and we all had tons of newbie questions when we were newbies. You started doing the right thing with this here thread: ASK your questions. Don't bite more than you can chew at once, and also be aware that this is a very long-term game (even if you play it super seriously, much much longer if you're casual). So make sure you're up for it.

Welcome to the community. Be nice and good luck, have fun.

9 hours ago, lepidocter said:

Criteria 2: the best girls are now Legendary 5 and Common 5, then Legendary 3. You really want for your Legendary 5 to be the higher level you can. To do so, proceed piramidally. Try to awaken them. When the game tell you need more girls as requirements, go promote Common 5. Repeat. When you don't have enough Common 5 to awake, include Legendary 3.

I would dispute this point. Certainly the 5* Leggo's are the primary ones to promote as they will be the strongest you can field unless you can justify buying Mythics. Anything after 5* Leggo's are just fillers for the Awakening steps so I would focus on the cheapest to level which would be : starter & common (5* then 3*) / rare (5*/3*) / epic (5*/3*). I would not touch 3* Leggo's unless you had nothing else to level to open up your next Awakening step.

My reasoning is the cost of levelling, not only experience (books) BUT gems as well for each girl. Leggo's cost far more of both but the chance of a 3* Leggo being in your battle team is so low they aren't worth levelling.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, Incubys a dit :

Anything after 5* Leggo's are just fillers for the Awakening steps so I would focus on the cheapest to level which would be : starter & common (5* then 3*) / rare (5*/3*) / epic (5*/3*). I would not touch 3* Leggo's unless you had nothing else to level to open up your next Awakening step.

+1 for that. Focus on all 5*, then on the cheapest girls (i.e. Common 3*, rather than Legendary 3*).

However, don't neglect Epic/Rare 5*. They're really (really) rare, but they're good too. So I would focus on Epic 5* right after Legendary 5*, then R5, and then C5. For example, Geekette is only marginally weaker than the weakest L5 girls (23.25 vs 23.75, and 25.00 for the strongest L5; that's a ~2% difference, and 7% compared to the strongest). That's especially true at low/mid level, where you can't always afford a full-L5 team (Or even Mythic team).

(With B.D.S.M., I wonder why KK didn't introduce more Epic 5*? There are only 2 in the game. I would gladly include more of them in my team(s) :) ).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Liliat said:

+1 for that. Focus on all 5*, then on the cheapest girls (i.e. Common 3*, rather than Legendary 3*).

However, don't neglect Epic/Rare 5*. They're really (really) rare, but they're good too. So I would focus on Epic 5* right after Legendary 5*, then R5, and then C5. For example, Geekette is only marginally weaker than the weakest L5 girls (23.25 vs 23.75, and 25.00 for the strongest L5; that's a ~2% difference, and 7% compared to the strongest). That's especially true at low/mid level, where you can't always afford a full-L5 team (Or even Mythic team).

(With B.D.S.M., I wonder why KK didn't introduce more Epic 5*? There are only 2 in the game. I would gladly include more of them in my team(s) :) ).

I agree with the above when you have a limited amount of 5* Leggo's, but as you get more Leggo's the chances of the Epic / Rare's appearing in your best team will decrease.

The reason I missed this point is that in my harem the chances a 5* Epic or Rare making my battle team is low but I should have considered others situations.

3 hours ago, Incubys said:

I would dispute this point. Certainly the 5* Leggo's are the primary ones to promote as they will be the strongest you can field unless you can justify buying Mythics. Anything after 5* Leggo's are just fillers for the Awakening steps so I would focus on the cheapest to level which would be : starter & common (5* then 3*) / rare (5*/3*) / epic (5*/3*). I would not touch 3* Leggo's unless you had nothing else to level to open up your next Awakening step.

My reasoning is the cost of levelling, not only experience (books) BUT gems as well for each girl. Leggo's cost far more of both but the chance of a 3* Leggo being in your battle team is so low they aren't worth levelling.

How silly do I feel right now ....

Radka

Eccentric Charm Mythic 6 30%
Undercover Valentina Physical Know-how Mythic 6 30%
Jennie Sensual Charm Common 5 76%
Demi Physical Charm Legendary 5 35%
Heatwave Zeina Playful Charm Legendary 3 76%
Suzie Sensual Charm Legendary 3 76%
Alt. Keira Eccentric Charm Legendary 3 76%
Alt. Spring Exhibitionist Charm Legendary 3 76%
Winter Joy Sensual Charm Legendary 3 76%

Excerpt from @zoopokemon excellent spreadsheet showing next weeks top nine blessed girls, which includes 5 3* Leggo's .... guess I need a new plan 😭😭😭

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Incubys said:

I agree with the above when you have a limited amount of 5* Leggo's, but as you get more Leggo's the chances of the Epic / Rare's appearing in your best team will decrease.

I have 9 mythics and I don't know how many 5* legs, and the two 5* epics have appeared on my best team previously. Even some 5* rares. I wouldn't dismiss them, specially if you take into account that they're cheaper to levelup. Besides, "Epic" and "Rare" can be a blessing too.

11 minutes ago, Incubys said:

Excerpt from @zoopokemon excellent spreadsheet showing next weeks top nine blessed girls, which includes 5 3* Leggo's .... guess I need a new plan 😭😭😭

It happens fairly often but the difference between a double blessed 3* leg and a single blessed 5* leg is not that big.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

I have 9 mythics and I don't know how many 5* legs, and the two 5* epics have appeared on my best team previously. Even some 5* rares. I wouldn't dismiss them, specially if you take into account that they're cheaper to levelup. Besides, "Epic" and "Rare" can be a blessing too.

I'm not totally dismissing them but I don't think the limited chance of them appearing (I only have 1 Epic & 4 Rare) against my 5 Mythic's and 31 5* Leggo's is worth the expense to me. Especially as I want to extend my Mythic collection so books / gifts / gems will be an issue. Even more so if I want to push beyond girl level 500

Il y a 1 heure, Incubys a dit :

I'm not totally dismissing them but I don't think the limited chance of them appearing (I only have 1 Epic & 4 Rare) against my 5 Mythic's and 31 5* Leggo's is worth the expense to me. Especially as I want to extend my Mythic collection so books / gifts / gems will be an issue. Even more so if I want to push beyond girl level 500

Clearly; I was mentioning low/mid players exactly for this reason. Once you have enough girls, there's no question: L5/M6 all the way.

But in my case, Geekette is a significant member of my team, simply because I don't have enough "Red" L5 girls (So whenever I want the "Eccentric" bonus, Geekette has a high chance of being part of the team... Along with Noemy). And since Syco is level 188, that's probably even more relevant for him (Well... *if* he owns any of the Epic 5*, or ever has a chance of acquiring one :) ). You don't have the luxury of "too many L5 girls" at this level :)

And with a single blessing (e.g. "Epic"), Epic 5* might become stronger than any unblessed girls, including Mythics. So, I wouldn't discard them entirely, even at high level. I suspect we'll see Geekette and/or Gwenaelle in the Top blessings multiple times each year.

Regarding L3 girls, they're only relevant when double-blessed, and are only marginally better than L5 girls in that case. So, they're not worth the investment (Gems/XP), even if they appear on top from time to time (You'll often see "at least one L3 girl", but it will (almost) never be the same girl from week to week; so it's a high cost for a one-time use).

It might change in a couple of years, when we comfortably reach lvl 750, and can afford investing in a single girl for a week because of spare books/gems... Just like it was relevant before the introduction of gems. But at the moment, I feel it would slow down your overall progress, for a very small short-term bonus.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 3

Le 28/11/2021 à 21:55, Syco a dit :

I see that 5 star common/starting even beat out 3 star Legendary/Epic, and I'm not sure if that's something that will change.

The combat system is not finished yet. It means everything you see now about x beating y can change in a more or less near future. Considering the cost of 5 stars grey girls compared with the cost of 3 stars legendaries, it's even logical it will not endure very long. And it's possible it changes before you have a full team of maxed 5 stars legendaries. Don't burry 3 stars legendaries for now, probably you will do that later, but level 188 it's a bit too early. I think if you can burry none of your girls, it's better, the upcoming skills will probably give more interest to weaker girls.

Edited by Kaitana