Art of girl's poses.

Bomba

We don't actually have a topic dedicated to art of girl's poses and I think it's a shame. I think we need one.

Topic #1: "reJoyce"

And what I want to discuss today is Joyce. She might not be the best girl in the game. You know that this title goes to Lapsey for me. So what I want to talk about is her quite unique art style. I'm not good at describing it, so I'll just direct you to either wiki or your harem to look at her and post her 0star pose. (Sadly, other poses can't be posted). And I'll try to describe it and invite you to join me on that if you're interested.

Joyce_0.thumb.jpg.6a82dea39eb65f4624240f7802087134.jpg

She looks like the girl from the poster in the 90s or even before that and I have no idea how the artist did it. But I really like this style. She's drawn in western comics style, but with a very high quality. And what's a very unique feature in HH she actually has all her limbs and they bend at the correct angles. Sometimes realistic approach is great. But more than that - she has those pastel colors and a very natural shading which what I think gives that "old poster" vibe and it has its own charm. Or maybe it's because of the style of her clothes, I'm not sure. Plus her overall color palette isn't bright with the usual pinks and reds and have a more mature style with those dark purples, blues and blacks. And with her pale skin, which is rare nowadays with all girls completely tanned, it gives a great contrast and highlights her best features. Because you know, that's what clothing is for - to highlight all those important parts and tease a bit and that's what done here perfectly. But the  most important thing is obviously her face. Again, done in the best way western style can offer and everything - eyes, nose, mouth are just the perfect examples of how it's done. But artist knew what he was doing and she actually shows different faces and different emotions throughout her poses and that really shows how much attention was paid to details. And those faces are just right 👌. Serious, playful, teasing, mysterious. Nothing too over the top and just the right amount. Everything you need to put together was done here perfectly and we got Joyce. And so it's time to reJoyce !

From the top of my head I can't even come up with similar girls drawn in the same style and I think we need more of this.

So share your thoughts, let's talk about important stuff. And hey, maybe I'm just a weirdo who likes girls like that and no one shares my taste. And if that's the case let's agree to disagree and just talk about what we like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Bomba Right leg is shorter than the left one? 😉 Right arm is attached to shoulder and it's position is completely unnatural? 😉 Left eye? 🙂

I'll pretend I didn't see that.

And yeah, her hair is magnificent. Both color and style. I thought I already spent enough of time talking about her best features, but somehow I missed hair. I just really like the whole picture. Every part is just top notch. 

For the leg I think is a matter of have traced a tridimensional perspective. It's ideally correct, but ported to 2d become distortions, I usually post process pictures that are formally correct to have them *feel* correct on a 2d plane.

The shoulders are probably a simplification of an anime pose - the elbows cannot face that direction, but I've seen stuff alike in many anime panels.

Is not a matter of being "real", they aren't already in the head proportions. They should inspire a sensation. And this picture sufficiently does to me (not speaking the tracing and coloring are very good).

To me, best poses are the ones that use depth of perspective. In such sense, a clever example is MURANE. In all of her poses, some part of her is nearest the other, creating a perception of movement, mass, and interactivity. She's not my  best girl, but the poses are very very good. The artist deserve a plause.

LUXURIA is instead the best overall art to me. Her dress, colors, shapes and measures make her art very vibrant and sexy even if she's standing like a statue. Her face have delicate interesting proportions. To the point her stage 0 is better than the last.

...but they aren't my best girl overall. There's a subtle sum of memory, personal tastes and situations that can have someone "fell in love" with imperfect art. For example, I'm absolutely intrigued by OPHELIA. There's something in her face details and proportions that look "familiar" to me, like a girl I loved once and lost.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

@lepidocter You sir have a fine taste!

Neither Luxuria nor Ophelia seem interesting to me, so I'l just closely listen to everything you want to say about them. 

As for Murane, yes! Also not my best girl, but she's very interesting and captivating in her own right. That playful attitude, those inviting forms. I mean, it's everything you wish for. If you wish for some dominating experience or a schoolgirl fantasy that is. And I never heard anyone say something like this about her before. I mean, it's exactly like you said, like a movement captured in a still frame. Very hard to do and needs a talented artist. So that fluid but still action tells its own story and a very enticing one.

Also, may I invite you to check out Lapsey. Especially her 2 star pose. The most alluring pose for me in the entire game.

2 ore fa, Bomba ha scritto:

@lepidocter

Also, may I invite you to check out Lapsey. Especially her 2 star pose. The most alluring pose for me in the entire game.

Due how things worked to me, Bella is the 4th girl in my Harem and Lapsey is the 5th. Uncanny lucky drops at Pachinko that never repeated. You dunno how much I've stared at such girls, being so difficult to promote a Legendary as a newbie!

One thing I notice in that pose (maybe it's my art background that corrupt me!) is the good sense of tension in her legs. Muscles inflate to give the impression she's bending without support, and that contribute a lot to the figure. Thee lenght is also very alluring. The artist gave attention to legs anatomy a lot, as you can see in the 1* star picture. The slightly bended right leg and the tensors are perfect, knees bend so cute, and the robe inspire the sexy anticipation you quoted.

What I don't like in Lapsey is .. she's so early. She belong to the era of Valentine, Simone (one of the worst) and Sung Tai (let's no speak of her face please...).

Cold lines, no light at all, and a stamped "let's do anime!" face that contrast the body. A more modern version (check Valentine Bella) will benefit her.

Now, to add something to the discussion of poses.

Iba'lee maybe is not the best girl ever, but the artist get my plause for the most varied set of poses. I can see the efforts. Second, Zazie. Variety for the same character is important, as you spend a capital to unlock a star, and something like Eliana nonsense (the same "magnitude" each rank?) is not a big deal.

WTF is doing Davey with that guitar? It's really a nonsense pose.

The "worst  posing award" anyway goes to ALT.CORINNE. I can sustain bad poses, but the artist simply traced the same figure 4 times. A cheap job.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lepidocter said:

Due how things worked to me, Bella is the 4th girl in my Harem and Lapsey is the 5th. Uncanny lucky drops at Pachinko that never repeated. You dunno how much I've stared at such girls, being so difficult to promote a Legendary as a newbie!

One thing I notice in that pose (maybe it's my art background that corrupt me!) is the good sense of tension in her legs. Muscles inflate to give the impression she's bending without support, and that contribute a lot to the figure. Thee lenght is also very alluring. The artist gave attention to legs anatomy a lot, as you can see in the 1* star picture. The slightly bended right leg and the tensors are perfect, knees bend so cute, and the robe inspire the sexy anticipation you quoted.

I will save this quote. I don't know enough about art to put it into words, but I can feel it with my heart! Thank you.

What I don't like in Lapsey is .. she's so early. She belong to the era of Valentine, Simone (one of the worst) and Sung Tai (let's no speak of her face please...).

Cold lines, no light at all, and a stamped "let's do anime!" face that contrast the body. A more modern version (check Valentine Bella) will benefit her.

Well. I think it works well for Lapsey. As for others, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Simone and I assume Empress Sung Tai Ki are bad. The second one even received a full makeover.

Now, to add something to the discussion of poses.

Iba'lee maybe is not the best girl ever, but the artist get my plause for the most varied set of poses. I can see the efforts. Second, Zazie. Variety for the same character is important, as you spend a capital to unlock a star, and something like Eliana nonsense (the same "magnitude" each rank?) is not a big deal.

Iba'Lee is awesome, also one of my favorite girls. I always try to put her among the top when she ends up in my battle team. And as you can guess it's always her 3star pose for me. Yeah, I have a very specific preferences :D Also, fun fact, in russian her name will be akin to "Fuc'Ked" in english. Not intended, but I really like that too. xD

Speaking of awesome. She's a mythic, but High Mage Arcana is just amazing. I like this sort of middle-eastern vibe, magic and she combines them all perfectly. And her poses .. wow ... I just :x . I mean she's lovely and I like her a lot.
Anyway, that's pretty obvious, she's even on my avatar xD

The "worst  posing award" anyway goes to ALT.CORINNE. I can sustain bad poses, but the artist simply traced the same figure 4 times. A cheap job.

Nope. For any discussion about "Alt." girls I have only one thing to say:

meme_wedontdoithere.thumb.jpg.7ecd32f1e088610697706cd1f9a77732.jpg

Maybe some of them are good and all, but no, let's not talk about them. At all.
They just don't deserve it.
I feel very strongly about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 ora fa, vulcano@mail.com ha scritto:

Another fun fact, Shtupra's name means, in Brazil, "Rapesh" (like in "he rapesh", "ele estupra"). 

BTW, I miss the girls's full names. Now they don't have it anymore. 

It does in italian, quite. STUPRA is "she rape".

They mixed up the word STUPA with the sound of 'thupasignh' or something similar, to have it sound 'indian'. But that name doesn't exist.

As for curious names:

'Bella' in italian mean 'gorgeous', literally.

'Mona' is a regional term to indicate literally the vagina.

'Sanità' is both a Neaples block than the usual term for national health service.

'Ankyo' sound really as 'Anch'io', that's mean 'me too'.

'Yari' is not an italian name except for my region (Tuscany) and is a male name XD.

'Semana' is a regional term for 'week'.

'Ritta' mean 'straight'.

'Mani' is literally 'hands'.

'Nero' is 'black'.

'Darla' is 'give it away', also in a sexual context. 'Lei è solito darla via' - 'She's used to give it away (her vagina)'.

'Cho' is very fun. Is an informal particle to spell 'something I feel, something I own'. 'C'ho freddo' - 'I feel cold'.

'Bellini' should be based on the italian cocktail Bellini, made of peach juice and Prosecco wine, invented in the Bellini hotel.

On topic:

Halloween Holly final pose is blatantly traced from... can you find her? Have fun.