NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

Hey there :D

The long awaited new feature Path of Valor has finally hit the test servers!

Since there´ll probably be a lot of fedback and thoughts you´d like to share I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate topic for it, so feel free to test it and share your thought here :)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-02 um 13.01.02.png

• Thanks 8

For those of us not on the test server - could you give a rough description of how Path of Valor functions?

From what I'm picking-up from the screenshot, there will be different Objectives, requiring you to do things elsewhere in the game. If you complete the Objectives you get points [Potions of Lust] and these unlock certain rewards. Is that roughly right?

Using the above as an example, what does it mean "upgrading your Harem"? Is this levelling-up, or increasing affection? Gaining new girls? How much do we need to do to get a Potion of Lust?

Do we know what the different Objectives could be?

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

il y a 15 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

For those of us not on the test server - could you give a rough description of how Path of Valor functions?

Objectives are all the same: collect potions (How many corresponds to the number of each line: 10, 20, 40... 6500)

Potions are collected by upgrading the harem:

- +1 Level in harem: +1
- Unlock stars: +4 (C) to +12 (M)
- Awaken: +10

And... that's it :)

Regarding the rewards: all gems are hidden behind a 3600 Kobans paywall. The event lasts for 4 days; we don't know the frequency yet (Does it repeat every 4 days? Or is it monthly?).

Rewards include: tons of XP (Approximately as much as seasons, 50/50 between free path and paid path), books, orbs, cash, 2 girls*... Pretty much the same as seasons, although a lot more fragmented (e.g. +3 Energy, +2 Combativity, ...)

There's one Sandalwood perfume on the paid path, so the real cost is 3060 Kobans (3600 - 540). Paid path seems mandatory, because it contains ~100k XP (5 days of XP for me, and just as much on the free path).

* Actually, it's 20 Fragments of each girl. One on the free path, the other on the paid path. So it would take 5 occurrences of the event to unlock both girls.

Edit: No, forget that, it's 5x20 fragments. Not sure why I didn't see the other ones when scrolling through the rewards previously 😅

Edit: the complete set of rules (I didn't notice them before writing my post; so I made a few mistakes):

Citation

What is the Path of Valor?

Duration

Each Path of Valor (PoV) lasts exactly 2 weeks (14 days) and starts on a Friday at update time.

Objectives

Each PoV has a specific type of Objectives. Completing these objectives will reward you with Potions of Lust.

Types of Objectives

There are several types of Objectives that will appear in PoV; some of which are related to Seduction, Harem, Pachinko, PvE, PvP, Contests.

Rewards

Collecting enough Potions of Lust will make you progress into higher Tiers. Reaching a new Tier will give you cool rewards and the grand rewards being exclusive characters.

Bonus Rewards

Going through the Tiers of rewards, you can claim even more if you unlock the bonus rewards on the right for some Kobans.

Seasonality

After the duration of the current PoV is over a new one will start. It means different objectives, restarting the previous progress and collecting new Potions of Lust and new exclusive characters!
LET’S GO AND GET SOME POTIONS!

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

From what I'm picking-up from the screenshot, there will be different Objectives, requiring you to do things elsewhere in the game. If you complete the Objectives you get points [Potions of Lust] and these unlock certain rewards. Is that roughly right?

Using the above as an example, what does it mean "upgrading your Harem"? Is this levelling-up, or increasing affection? Gaining new girls? How much do we need to do to get a Potion of Lust?

Do we know what the different Objectives could be?

Valor_1.jpg.e4678f604095a0bea614257f57276057.jpg

Well, it looks like Path of Attraction 2. Literally. Do tasks. Pay additional 3600 kobans and get rewards from the second path. On the second path they lock away second girl and XP(98.8k(+10% club bonus)). There's also a mythic Sandalwood Perfume booster there and some gems.

If they will remove PoA for this it would be great, otherwise it's another monthly koban expense with another exclusive girl. I already hate it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Depending on what the rewards are, it looks like it may be a lot better value in terms of Koban spend that PoA. A bucketload of XP, an extra girl and a SP for half the price of the PoA. I'd want to see what the full list of rewards were before drawing a conclusion, but the XP seems pretty attractive by itself. I assume they are 3* girls?

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

6 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I assume they are 3* girls?

I'm sure they are in the test server, but that doesn't matter, since they always use already existing girls there. We won't really know until it hits the live server unless there's an official message about it.

• Like 2

il y a 6 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

I assume they are 3* girls?

Hard to say. The test server always reuses existing girls as placeholders for the actual rewards. So, currently they are 3*, but just like Pantheon, it may change to 5* when it goes live.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liliat said:

The event lasts for 4 days; we don't know the frequency yet (Does it repeat every 4 days? Or is it monthly?).

The info button says that "each" Path of Valor lasts two weeks and start on Fridays, so at least two a month.

It mentions paths will have a specific type of objective

Objective types can be gaining new girls, leveling and upgrading (stars), pachinko, PvE fights, PvP fights, and contests (points or placement who knows)

It mentions that they will be like seasons and that once one ends another will start.

Girl shards are rewarded in twenty shard chunks and finish at 2100 potions with the highest milestone at 6500

It looks like a season lite mixed with path of attraction.

• Like 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor is now live on the Test Server!
56 minutes ago, holymolly said:

Since there´ll probably be a lot of fedback and thoughts you´d like to share I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate topic for it, so feel free to test it and share your thought here :)

Great idea (and reminder, I rarely remember the TS exists unless someone mentions it ^^). And, even though we still do technically have a "HentaiHeroes Betatest" sub-forum still, it's lost way, way below multiple other games' forums on the main page, and this is big enough to be noticeable, so I'm glad we're doing this here.

PS: Ninja fixed a typo in your title. That'll be one vote for Grace to become a recurring character, please. ^^

• Like 4

Some early feedback:

A new event. Fine 👍

But...

We don't know what the tasks will be yet, but at least one set of tasks is focused on upgrading the now-useless girls from our Harems (Levels, Stars, Awakening). Maybe we can make it coincide with a "Level up your girls" daily contest and it won't be too bad (Once every 2 weeks; should be doable; especially since this contest is guaranteed during LC).

The rewards include some XP, which is good: we'll be able to catch up faster. +100k XP on the free path, twice a month: that's an additional 6.6K XP per day (+35%). Double that if you're going for paid path every time (+70%). Which is the bad news: more P2W. The event is really expensive; either 3060 if you do it once a month, or 6120 twice a month. Not something I can easily afford. I'm still undecided if the XP is worth the kobans, or if I should save for other events. I guess I'll play MD + PoV, unless a good L5 girl pops up in Legendary Days (XP is really tempting :) ).

The path goes all the way to 6500 Potions, but collecting 2500 is enough to get all the important rewards (XP + Girls + Perfume). Everything beyond that is just nice to have. So at least in terms of difficulty, it shouldn't be too stressful. And you can do any of the tasks in parallel, so we don't have the timing issues of PoA.

(With 2500 points and the "level up/awaken girls" goals, it may even be possible to focus exclusively on the PvP Team, rather than wasting books on useless girls)

Oh, and I forgot to mention: the PoV scrollbars look wrong on firefox. It looks fine on Hollymolly's screenshot though.

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Liliat said:

And you can do any of the tasks in parallel, so we don't have the timing issues of PoA

Oh, that's much different than what I imagined. Good to know. I like PoA a lot but we don't need another event of that type, it would be too much.

• Like 1

à l’instant, Kenrae a dit :

Oh, that's much different than what I imagined. Good to know. I like PoA a lot but we don't need another event of that type, it would be too much.

We'll have to see what the other objectives will be, but for the most part, I think you can play the event at any point in time (e.g. stash the resources and spend everything at the last minute, if you want). At least that should be the case for Harem and Pachinko objectives, and maybe Seduction. Not so much for PvP, PvE and Contests. In any case, this also means you can easily wait for the last minute to decide if you wish to spend kobans or skip (Although... Maybe it's a good idea to avoid the last minute, because you still need some time to collect everything :D ).

• Like 1

Guys, I think you're missing the point.

It's Christmas and instead of giving gifts Kinkoid does the opposite. It's their Christmas and we're providing the presents.

Also, don't forget that that bonus XP from PoV means that the first day of LC will be much more "fun". Because now you will have to save up all that XP from both Season and PoV. I mean, it's literally the second Season on the test server basically(it's added beneath it on the main screen). And they did the exact same thing they did with the first Season - they included XP in the paid path. It's just not locked behind money wall. It's koban wall instead. They took the worst aspects of Season and PoA and decided to combine them and add on top of everything else.

It would be okay if they forgo Season and PoA for that, but adding another one like those? WTF. What will be next? A slightly different version of Season and PoA? Add 10 of them if you like them so much, why stop at 3 ? I mean we already have to manage too many things. And they add another one on top of it.

Champions, Pantheons' Stairway, another upcoming feature, Season, Path of Valor, League, Path of Attraction, Kinky Cumpetition, Legendary Contests, Regular Contests, Missions, Places of Power, Villains, Harem, Market. And on top of that we can have two regular event like Classic and Mythic Days running at the same time. I think that's a bit too much things to manage. I can't handle it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Didn't you think how to manage kisses in regards of KC and gems income? No? Didn't you minmax your everything for the new day's contests? No? Didn't you think how to manage your cobans throughout the month for 8 events? No? Didn't you check every 6 hours tower of fame for unboosted opponents and manage your battleteams accordingly? No? Didn't you count your gems and remember what girls to awaken and when to do that and what books to use and how to combine that with Legendary Contest and regular contests? No? Didn't you plan how to use your resources throughout the month to have enough of this and that for Path of Attraction? Still no?

Oh, we've got good news for you then 😉 Now, at last (!), you will need to use your head and save even more of everything in fear to use it because these things might become handy in Path of Valor, or, maybe Legendary Contest, or maybe regular contest, or maybe for the new Blessings... Take your time to think about it 🤣

22 minutes ago, Bomba said:

I think that's a bit too much things to manage. I can't handle it.

Ninja-ed. My thoughts exactly 😉 

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Didn't you think how to manage kisses in regards of KC and gems income? No? Didn't you minmax your everything for the new day's contests? No? Didn't you think how to manage your cobans throughout the month for 8 events? No? Didn't you check every 6 hours tower of fame for unboosted opponents and manage your battleteams accordingly? No? Didn't you counter your gems and remember what girls to awaken and when to do that and what books to use and how to combine that with Legendary Contest and regular contests? No? Didn't you plan how to use your resources throughout the month to have enough of this and that for Path of Attraction? Still no?

Oh, we've got good news for you then 😉 Now, at last (!), you will need to use your head and save even more of everything in fear to use it because these things might become handy in Path of Valor, or, maybe Legendary Contest, or maybe regular contest, or maybe for the new Blessings... Take your time to think about it 🤣

Exactly me feelings. We already have too much. And what we have right now is very hard to manage because they never thought about how to make it easy to use. Remove the user script and the game is unplayable, but I think a lot of you forgot about that. They add and add and add. But they never test and never fix. Awakening came here and the bug with XP that goes above the awakening level is still there. They removed ymens from everywhere and there's a bug with % bonus from club. Champions became broken with introduction of BDSM half a year ago. but they don't care. They only add new features for us to spend money and kobans on. And add new "exclusive" girls. In the game which now lies to you at the beginning about "Catch them all". Because now you can't. Well, for more than 1.5 years you already can't.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Noacc featured this topic
  • Community Manager

Molly, big thanks, mate for announcing it.

I haven't gotten time to test it myself  😭

Now!
The important part. 
To gather the feedback and what the community has to say about the feature~

• Like 3

You know, we can go from another angle. Let's count the resources, shall we? This event adds "Potions of Lust" as basically another resource, so let's count each and every one of them.

1. Player's XP And Level
  2. Energy
  3. Combativity (Fists)
  4. Ymens (Money)
  5. Kobans
  6. Girls
  7. Girl's shards
  8. Girl's XP
  9. Books (XP items)
  10. Girls's Affection
  11. Gifts (Affection items)
  12. Items
  13. Boosters (3 regular and 3 mythic)
  14. Yellow Gems
  15. Blue Gems
  16. Red Gems
  17. Green Gems
  18. Orange Gems
  19. Black Gems
  20. White Gems
  21. Purple Gems
  22. Tickets
  23. Worship
  24. Kisses
  25. (new) Potions of Lust
  26. Challenge Tokens (League)
  27. x1 Event Pachinko orb
  28. x1 Epic Pachinko orb
  29. x10 Epic Pachinko orb
  30. Draft Epic Pachinko orb
  31. x1 Mythic Pachinko orb
  32. x3 Mythic Pachinko orb
  33. x6 Mythic Pachinko orb
  34. x1 Great Pachinko orb
  35. x10 Great Pachinko orb

At which point during the reading of this list you decided that that's a bit too much resources to manage? Because you know I can also add a list of features of this game which is also a big list. I did a full counting of time needed to complete PoA. And I mean PoA alone and there was a lot of time needed for that. And with all these features that are completely un-optimized it's too much. Disable script for a moment and see the game for what it actually is. It's a mess. and each click takes time to load. And they add more on top of it. That's nuts.

• Like 9

I'm somebody who still tries to minimax pretty much everything in this game (maybe not normal contests all the time and stuff or all the money from the harem). It's a bit much if this is in addition to everything else. It's starting to become less and less of a joke to call this game a full-time job. I suppose I don't touch the test server, at least.

• Like 10

il y a 16 minutes, Rarum a dit :

It's a bit much if this is in addition to everything else

You're awarded points (potions) from normal day-to-day tasks, so it should be a lot less time consuming than everything else. It takes some optimization, for sure, but that's not significantly different from everything else so far (Like Daily Contests, Legendary Contests and PoA). And during the 2 weeks of the event, you can pick any day to score the points.

So I see two cases:

- Either it's "PvP", and you just do your fights as usual

- Or it's "Spend X resources", and you just wait for the corresponding daily contests to spend the resources

The only thing that might be annoying is the "PvE" part. I guess it includes Villains (Fine), Champions/Club Champions (Maybe not too fine), and maybe Pantheon (Where we'll all be stuck at some point in a few months). Villains are business as usual; Champions/Club Champions might be more annoying. If you have tons of tickets this is probably not an issue to fight champions at the right time; but if you're like me and you have to keep most of your tickets for Club Champion, without the possibility to save them, then it may be hard to really focus. But then again, in 2 weeks, I can expect to do a few hundred champion fights, and a few more villains fights. So that will probably be enough to clear the event without stashing or sniping. Probably. :) And if not - well, that's a good opportunity to save 3000 Kobans for another event, or for Books/Affection.

IMO, the only bad thing about this event is the (expensive) paid path. More P2W. Not a surprise, but definitely not a good thing. Everything else seems fine to me. A new feature, with more rewards, and small overhead (Similar to Pantheon, I'd say).

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2

Requirements seem a bit too much. Looks like this is going to heavily impact the careful resource balancing/flow we've already got for each month, which already became difficult with all the forced changes in the past months (apart from Stairway, which nicely does its own thing). Looking at what I can see know, I might just completely skip this new feature and say goodbye to the reward as not to mess up the rest of the month. Speaking as a high Mid-Tier, this feature seems more something for the high levels who have stuff to burn.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1

Overall I like this new feature. It just adds more stuff to the game, another goal.

But I think twice a month is too much. Especially at the back half this seems to have the potential to be REALLY chaotic. I mean you have the legendary contest, the normal contests with varying tasks, a kinky cumpetition AND then the path of attraction with all the different tasks on top of that. All at once. I mean, I´m not the minmaxguy but even I get headaches thinking about the chaos this might cause managing all the ressources. Especially since we most likely won´t know the task the new feature holds beforehand^^°

Just put it in the front half of the month once. You mostly have stuff that usually only need you to spend combativity (classic event and mythic/legendary/... days) if you go for it and one kinky cumpetition. And a few daylies that pretty much run on the side. It´s the calmer, more plannable side of the month.

And  the developers should always ask themselves how many girls locked behind paywalls per month are too many to discourage many people (except whales) to go for it. People might just resign at some point if it´s too much stuff every month.

Just my two cents^^

• Like 10

• DvDivXXX changed the title to NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic