NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

About this new one, I can only confirm that I disagree with most of what has been said above: IMHO it is even less doable than the previous one, and I don't think that I will end as high as that.

The path pays for itself up to around 2100 potions. The book rewards at each unlock level are worth hundreds of potions and unlock the next set of books that are worth hundreds more potions and unlock the next set of books. The trick is to level up low level girls that don't require much experience. If you spend four 2500 spellbooks on a 1st level legendary she will reach level 232, which is worth 231 potions. This is 57.75 per book. You get a total of 39x2500 spellbooks prior to reaching the 2100 potion level, which is worth 2252 potions if you're focusing on low-level girls. So you can just use the books granted by the path to unlock its own rewards.

The problem is that high-level girls it takes an inordinate number of books to level up even a little bit. If you use those four spellbooks on a level 590-ish girl she might go up 8 levels, which is worth... 8 potions. So spending books normally will generate pretty much no potions. Same deal for affection, a month worth of affection unlocks is maybe worth a few hundred potions. The only reasonable way to generate potions for this event is leveling up low-level girls, something you would not normally waste books on. 

I'll do some number crunching later to figure out where the optimal stopping point is (since unlike the previous PoA, this one is demanding us to spend resources in a way that's actually quite wasteful) but it's strictly profitable to go up to 2100 potions and claim the girl.

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

Thanks to the developers for listening to the players, and not putting a dick on the feedback...

Although it was possible to think even better...

image222.png

Hi.

What does "grade" mean here? Does "Grade" mean the Stars from the girls?

MfG
MDuss

I expect to finish this one as well. I've been saving up resources for a little bit, expecting one of these. Timing of increasing affection levels will work nicely with the spending tasks in PoA, and today, on Day 1, is a girl leveling contest.

Just like the last one it'll be easy to finish if you apply some thought.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dudegrey said:

Out here collecting shards and no progress being made on the Path of Valor.

Please read the thread or at least the announcement or the in-game tooltip before posting. Collecting shards was for the previous PoV. This one has a different set of Objectives.

2 hours ago, MDuss said:

Does "Grade" mean the Stars from the girls?

Yes. Kinkoid has been using "grade" for "stars" in many many past announcements and patch notes. Plus it's kind of obvious from context. But yes, grade means star here.

---------

Guys, any further noob-level question, please post it in where it belongs, not here.

Thanks. Merry Xmas.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Observer_X said:

As I thought, I ended the previous path at a little more than 4500 points (and only because I claimed both Season girls), so quite far from the end of the Path, although I was able to claim the free girl.

About this new one, I can only confirm that I disagree with most of what has been said above: IMHO it is even less doable than the previous one, and I don't think that I will end as high as that.

8 hours ago, Attirm said:

I'll do some number crunching later to figure out where the optimal stopping point is (since unlike the previous PoA, this one is demanding us to spend resources in a way that's actually quite wasteful) but it's strictly profitable to go up to 2100 potions and claim the girl.

It´s pretty doable as long as you have a bunch of low level girls I´ve reached the last tier on my f2p account just by using the books we got from the free path on lvl 1 girls plus another 10ish books so it´s actually really doable especially within 2 weeks. :)

(all I did was use a spellbook on a lvl 1 girl and on to the next lvl 1 girl )

• Like 2

11 hours ago, holymolly said:

It´s pretty doable as long as you have a bunch of low level girls

That's exactly what I was thinking in the first place. IMHO, when a player faces a feature, he has the right to know that potentially he will be able to always use that feature in the same way, posed he doesn't change anything in his play style. Sure, actually I have a lot of girls at level 1, but once i get them to level 250, not only I will have the wall of the gems to use to go on, but I will have that wall every 50 levels (plus the increased cost per level), making them practically unuseable for this purpose (don't forget that my question about enough gems in the thread I opened under the Questions and Answer section still hasn't a definite answer, and for now my base answer is no). Sure, awakenings give points too... practically an irrelevant quantity given the costs. And sooner or later I will exhaust the girls at level 1 (also counting that I can't wait every sixth Path of Valor to upgrade the girls). Given that this is a long game, and a game of patience, the above makes this type of Path of Valor absolutely worthless for players which have reached a certain point in the game. Quite curiously this includes whales with a full upgraded harem.

• Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

3 hours ago, jelom said:

More than 20 girls are added to the game each month, even if you only get part of them you will have always some girls at level 1.

My friend, do you believe that the majority of average free players will get enough of those 20 girls to keep enough progress? I don't think so.

34 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

My friend, do you believe that the majority of average free players will get enough of those 20 girls to keep enough progress? I don't think so.

I know you didn't ask me, but it's pretty likely. Realize that most free players don't have all the 1* common girls, or all the girls from bosses, so you can add those into that count of 20. Orgy Days is also helpful - I'm a completely free player, and yet to have had an Orgy Days event where I couldn't get a couple girls.

The number of girls that one needs to keep progress is less that you think on this Path of Valor, which is literally only possibility of many. You can simply leave all the girls who are under 5* sitting at level 1, and deal with upgrading what you need to upgrade.

You can also easily get more girls via spending Kobans. Unlock a PoA that you finish you go from 2 to 4. Do the same on a PoV, you go from 1 to 2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zteev said:

You can also easily get more girls via spending Kobans. Unlock a PoA that you finish you go from 2 to 4. Do the same on a PoV, you go from 1 to 2.

Considering that PoA costs 7200 kobans and PoV 3600 those aren't koban numbers an average F2P player can accumulate to unlock both.

It is possible by saving up to for example unlock the PoA each month, but then PoV needs to be skipped or vice versa.

This would then lead to the question which second prize pool is more valuable from a F2P viewpoint. In terms of harem additions, PoA is certainly superior as you get 2 additions at once while PoV gives 1.

But then PoV happens twice a month PoA only once so it evens out in that area.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Observer_X said:

You only need 2100 potions to get the girl, and to get that many potions you only need to take nine girls from 1st level up to 250. If you add in some affection scene unlocks you can do it with eight girls. If we look at the past month, there are twelve girls that are really easy to obtain and quite frankly if you're not getting them you have easier low-lying fruit than PoV to reach for. These are:

• One girl from login bonus during classic events
  • One girl from natural regeneration villain fights during classic events
  • One girl from natural regeneration villain fights during orgy days
  • One girl from epic orb drops
  • One girl from mythic orb drops
  • Two girls from gpx10 orb drops
  • Two girls from seasons
  • Two girls from Path of Attraction (the normal one we're having now...)
  • One girl from the previous PoV

That's more than enough new girls to get the girl for the PoV, and takes you about half way to completion, so if you have a similar haul from last month that you haven't levelled up yet (with awakenings, I've completely given up on levelling up new girls). This PoV will also continue into next month and should overlap a classic event for next month. And I'd imagine most players have a huge amount of 1-star girls they've collected but bothered to waste books on, and can be used to easily complete this event. Is there anyone who seriously has been able to accrue enough books to keep their entire harem topped up? I've got lots of girls just sitting at level 1, and even more sitting at level 100 back when I had the delusion that one day I'd have enough books to get everyone maxed out.

This might not be true of low-level players who haven't unlocked many villains or champions yet or even unlocked all the PoP's, and I can't speak for their experience (I was already well past the "early-game" experience by the time PoP and champions were introduced) but for everyone else you should have no shortage of low-level girls you can throw books at.

Looking at the rewards, I don't think it makes sense to go beyond 2100 potions unless you open up the bonus path. The rewards on the free path aren't worth spending the books on low-level girls when you could be spending them on high-level girls (which really doesn't award any potions). I don't think there's anything wrong with making the decision to save your kobons and your resources.

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 4

I think it's also worth noting that this objective occurs ~once every 3 months!

It is not at all challenging in that time frame to find 10 new 3* girls, that under the current system you ordinarily would not ever consider upgrading, and run them up to level 250 (meaning no gems spent) just to claim the rewards from the PoV. If you don't get 10 new girls in this time period, you're basically not playing!

Tbh, I consider this so ridiculously easy that I actually feel it's somewhat unbalanced in the other direction to the Pachinko event seen on the test server. This really is just giving away free resources.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 3

Another thing to consider: players who already have all girls maxed out are not the typical F2P players who can't find 3600 Kobans to spare for the PoV. Only whales and long-term players can possibly hope of having a maxed out harem; and these players won't have any difficulty completing the PoV (Either with careful planing, or by throwing more Kobans at it, or both).

That leaves us with average F2P players, who usually have even more options of gaining girls (Because we missed so many :) ). For example, I still don't have all 1* girls, I only recently completed the last Champion, I don't have a single CC girl, and I typically end OD with ~5 girls out of 30+. So, I have plenty of choice. And I don't even want to count how many lvl 1/0* girls I currently have, sitting in my harem.

So, I'm certainly not worried about running out of girls to upgrade. Moreover, it's pretty clear that devs will keep adding new girls in new events (Either one-time events or perpetual ones). Although one-time event will probably replace existing events, I'm pretty sure the number of new girls available each month will keep increasing.

For more casual players; well, this is just one more event you won't be able to complete. But I think it's fine. If you can't find enough time to complete a PoV, you probably also can't find enough time to complete seasons, to rank up in leagues, or to complete Classic/OD Events. But these players are used to grabbing what they can when they can, and certainly don't expect to catch'em all.

And then for low-level players (< 200), it may indeed be difficult, because you don't have enough resources, and you can't afford waiting too long to upgrade your girls (Because when you only have 30 girls, and you need 30 girls to awaken, you just do it; you don't wait 2 months for the right time). That's my situation on the test server. But low-level players don't stay low-level forever. They can't complete PoA/PoV yet? In a month or two, as they make some progress, it will become a lot easier. And once they are able to participate in each and every event, and accumulate various resources, they'll be acquiring girls faster than they can upgrade them, just like everyone else. I don't expect beginners to be able to complete everything all the time anyway (And I don't think anyone should expect that).

So, with a bit of good will, I think this event is perfectly doable for almost anyone. And even if it's not, that's a lot of easy rewards you can grab with low-effort (For example, low-level players will gain a few levels just from the free Tier 4 reward at 60 potions).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eckos said:

Considering that PoA costs 7200 kobans and PoV 3600 those aren't koban numbers an average F2P player can accumulate to unlock both.

It is possible by saving up to for example unlock the PoA each month, but then PoV needs to be skipped or vice versa.

This would then lead to the question which second prize pool is more valuable from a F2P viewpoint. In terms of harem additions, PoA is certainly superior as you get 2 additions at once while PoV gives 1.

But then PoV happens twice a month PoA only once so it evens out in that area.

That's true, but you really don't need both. Some of us F2P players can manage both unlocks.

Also, unless I'm remembering wrong, ObserverX doesn't spend Kobans on anything, so your persepctive will be welcomed by them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I'd like to keep this thread about the feature and global, usable feedback about the feature. I haven't addressed it directly so far, but your specific situation and perspective thereof are hardly applicable to anyone else, not even the group(s) of players you think you're a part of. So, please, don't insist further in this (or any other thread in which the problems you think are global are almost exclusive to you; I can provide a list if you want).

Elaborate as much as you want on your unique, self-made mountain of handicaps, delays, misplays and missed opportunities and how they keep you from seeing the base-level actually average free player's perspective on this and most other features and parts of the game, but ONLY in threads where you and your unique, self-made mountain of handicaps, delays, misplays and missed opportunities is actually relevant to the topic (making your own thread will almost always be the only way to meet this requirement).

I've been reluctant to comment on your situation ever since you finally started using your kobans recently, because how much you've wasted and how little you've gained from it just makes me sad. You have something like 500 girls or less, IIRC, even after binging on pachinko as you had been planning for years. Most average free players who have been playing the game as long as you have almost twice that, and the list of things they have and you don't because of your self-imposed terrible strategy goes on and on. I always knew this was coming, it was even obvious to me (and to George and basically any good player who took the time to read your approach), but you were hellbent on keeping that course to the bitter end. Now you have, and yes it's pretty sad that you're in such a weak position in this game because of that, but please at the very least acknowledge that your situation is exceptional. Most of the problems you have (and will keep having) with most parts of the game are not actual problems for a vast majority of players, and it's not because you're F2P. You're just not representative of the average F2P player.

Sorry, my friend, but this had to be said. I hope you'll look at it differently, but if I try to put myself in your shoes, no matter how I imagine implementing damage control and a realistic recovery process, I don't see any way out of the hole you dug for yourself except quitting the game, honestly. We can talk about that more and even as much as you want in a thread about you if you make one. Just know that I wish I could help or could have helped you earlier on. I'm not making fun of you, here.

Now, please let's get back on topic for this here thread. Obs' negative feedback points on the current PoV are unfortunately so far removed from what most players experience that they're genuinely off topic at this point.

Thanks for your understanding, folks.

10 hours ago, Observer_X said:

6 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I think it's also worth noting that this objective occurs ~once every 3 months!

41 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sorry, my friend, but this had to be said. I hope you'll look at it differently, but if I try to put myself in your shoes, no matter how I imagine implementing damage control and a realistic recovery process, I don't see any way out of the hole you dug for yourself

Lot to unpick in all of that.

But to be succinct - for the Upgrade Harem PoV Objective, I just don't see how any level of self-imposed handicap - short of just not playing - could prevent any player, no matter their level, from getting 10 girls over a 3 month period!!

Just for completing Daily Missions in that period you should get 6. You're going to get at least 1 from Seaons every month, at least 1 from PoA. There are usually a few 1*s in 10xGP. And this doesn't count any of the girls that you can earn from Villians or Pachinko.

@Observer_X - I think you may have missed how few girls are needed to complete (the valuable part) of this PoV. It even gives you most of the experience you need to upgrade!

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

43 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

But to be succinct - for the Upgrade Harem PoV Objective, I just don't see how any level of self-imposed handicap - short of just not playing - could prevent any player, no matter their level, from getting 10 girls over a 3 month period!

Me neither, and obviously Obs could definitely do this like anyone else. That's not where his peculiar approach to the game stops him. My observations and comments to him were far broader than that. TL;DR for where it's still somewhat relevant to this topic, he's the kind of player with oddly-specific and extremely strict opinions on how the game should work, and who won't adapt to how the game actually is. Things like that: 

16 hours ago, Observer_X said:

IMHO, when a player faces a feature, he has the right to know that potentially he will be able to always use that feature in the same way, posed he doesn't change anything in his play style.

So every time playing as if the game worked as he wish it did prevents him from playing the game as it actually is, he'll perceive and point it out as "a problem". And it is, but almost always just his problem. That's what this is about. Please don't try reading too much into it (or even between the lines); you'd need to go back several years ago and read tons of old threads to know what's up and what's been up with Obs for years. And it's not relevant to you or any other player, at least in this conversation.

To reiterate, this side discussion is closed for this here thread (another thread can be created if Obs feels like it, otherwise just please let him be, and @Observer_X please let us be as well).

Let's get back on topic now. For real, okay? Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zteev said:

That's true, but you really don't need both. Some of us F2P players can manage both unlocks.

Also, unless I'm remembering wrong, ObserverX doesn't spend Kobans on anything, so your persepctive will be welcomed by them.

Ok, what you need and what not can also depend on personal playstyle and goals within the game itself, no doubt. 😀

No doubt on that front either, but I never insinuated that it is impossible for F2P players to unlock both second prize pools to begin with, only that it is very likely hard for an average F2P player to accumulate that many kobans in a month.

I'm playing around half a year now (on Nutaku) and three months (on the main server) and the average amount of kobans I can gather a month ranges usually between 7.500 and 9.500 (depending also on luck a little with daily contests). That's enough to unlock PoA and get a few emergency refills (if you got 90+ shards somewhere in an event with only an hour or so left) or slowly upgrade permanent PoPs.

It is however not sufficient for both PoA and PoV.

When you speak about F2P players able to unlock both I am inclined to believe you're speaking about players of high enough level who are capable of reaching at least rank 30 or higher in the Tower of Fame at league Sexpert III or higher, something which is impossible on Nutaku due to lack of leagues and (for me) on main server not yet reachable.

If there's another way though feel free to enlighten me, always open for tips regarding efficiency.

Not spending kobans at all, not even those earned without spending real money, is not exactly a strategy I follow in the game because while it is the rarest resource by far it isn't completely hidden behind a paywall and, like it or not, an integrated part of the whole game. So I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eckos said:

Ok, what you need and what not can also depend on personal playstyle and goals within the game itself, no doubt. 😀

No doubt on that front either, but I never insinuated that it is impossible for F2P players to unlock both second prize pools to begin with, only that it is very likely hard for an average F2P player to accumulate that many kobans in a month.

I'm playing around half a year now (on Nutaku) and three months (on the main server) and the average amount of kobans I can gather a month ranges usually between 7.500 and 9.500 (depending also on luck a little with daily contests). That's enough to unlock PoA and get a few emergency refills (if you got 90+ shards somewhere in an event with only an hour or so left) or slowly upgrade permanent PoPs.

It is however not sufficient for both PoA and PoV.

When you speak about F2P players able to unlock both I am inclined to believe you're speaking about players of high enough level who are capable of reaching at least rank 30 or higher in the Tower of Fame at league Sexpert III or higher, something which is impossible on Nutaku due to lack of leagues and (for me) on main server not yet reachable.

If there's another way though feel free to enlighten me, always open for tips regarding efficiency.

Not spending kobans at all, not even those earned without spending real money, is not exactly a strategy I follow in the game because while it is the rarest resource by far it isn't completely hidden behind a paywall and, like it or not, an integrated part of the whole game. So I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

true.. well @Zteev just said some of the f2p players can manage it , like he f.e. someone that has been playing the game for several years(=hence your assumption ^^). I myself am also a 100% f2p player on my nutaku account and I´m able to consistently get top 15 D3 finishes every week whitout investing a lot in it that and the free kobans from missions, season,etc.. is enough for me to do both PoA and the 2 PoV´s every month. Most of the times I still  don´t unlock the paid PoA over there just because Mythic Days are a priority to me over there and well MD´s PoA and 2 PoV´s every month well that´s something I can´t achieve f2p over there :D .. it´s obviously a lot less doable for newer f2p players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If anyone thinks this one was difficult wait till PoV Pachniko.. I caught glimpse in test server, and u need a LOT of orbs to finish it. I saved nice number of orbs from that time, but im damn sure it aint enough to finish it... Still its nice event but spending 3600 kobans on second path is a little overkill - I burned most of my kobans on both Pov and PoA, and next month i pbly wont be able to unlock second path of PoV.

Well since we don't actually do testing on test server - maybe feedback from players might change those kobans prices in time...

I hope you all had nice christmass, and wish you a very good New Year!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dgxg said:

If anyone thinks this one was difficult wait till PoV Pachniko.. I caught glimpse in test server, and u need a LOT of orbs to finish it.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Rosso acknowledged the poor balance of the Pachniko PoV. He was going to ask his team to redo it. That is why the Pachniko will be the last in rotation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Methos2 said:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Rosso acknowledged the poor balance of the Pachniko PoV. He was going to ask his team to redo it. That is why the Pachniko will be the last in rotation.

It should just be merged with another pov impossible for low level players to do it unless they spend real money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another path coming to an end (!! half a day left to claim your rewards !!), another success (IMO). I ended up on ~8000th position with 9100 Points (Removing one O and moving the T makes it sound a lot better :D ). Once again, I see players of all levels in the top 1000 (The range is even wider than the first time, with players as low as lvl 117), which indicates that pretty much anyone can complete the path (With a bit of time and effort, probably; and choice, of course :) ).

I couldn't really optimize it as much as I would have liked, but decided to go for it anyway. I probably wasted too many books on lvl 1 girls that won't become useful any time soon; but it coincided with a contest, so it's not all wasted... And then I overshot by 2600 points.

The next one should be the "PvE" objectives. It's a completely new path, so we'll see how it goes. I didn't choose the best moment to hit the Pantheon-900 wall :). The timing is also not great, as this path won't overlap with Mythic Days (Which, I assume, would be the best time to score points against villains :) ), but it may encourage players to fight against Whaty for the Classic Event overlap (Although... it will end just 4 days before PoA, so we need to be careful to keep enough tickets for that. With 30 tickets per day on average, it should be fine).

I like this kind of event (With collectible rewards, i.e. Season, PoA, PoV), because they work nicely with other parts of the game (Use combativity for Events, kisses for KC, XP for Contests, etc.). I might be able to almost finish KC this time, despite my lack of planing, thanks to PoV (And a bit of help from Champions). Maybe KC will finally become a F2P-friendly event?

• Like 3

I ended at 5000 points, and honestly I would have preferred to score lower. I don't feel the rewards beyond the 3000 point level were worth the books I had to spend to do it. The reason I ended up so high was because I rushed the girl, and then accumulated more points through natural play over the coming weeks. Next time I'll be patient and wait until the end to top myself up to 3000 points. 

In any case, this PoV was trivial and less a matter of difficulty and more choosing what reward level is worth the resource expenditure, which is fine by me. I'm curious what the scoring system for the next PoV will be, because Champion battles sound really easy to amass rapidly.

• Thinking 1