NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

I'm not writing down when I finish PoVs (I'm writing down too much stuff as it is ^^). I know I finished that one about 5 or 6 days ago (really finished, full value: 6,500+ points). As many of us said early on, the objectives aren't well balanced at all, since the only realistic one is "Level up girls". All of the upgrade and awakening ones were barely noticeable in comparison. But as long as there's at least one reasonable objective in the set, that's fine.

I for one do feel that the insanely high value of the entire PoV (both paths) is worth whatever it requires of me along with the 3.6k kobans, as long it's not a literally impossible slash brokenly imbalanced set of Objectives like the first draft of the Pachinko one was. I'm buying the koban path and fully doing every PoV as one of my top priorities for the foreseeable future (unless they drastically nerf the rewards).

-----------
A word on the art so far, from my PoV (haha).

So, the same two artists clearly worked on both PoVs so far, (they just switched things up by having each handle one free path and one koban path).

The artist who handled Raquel in PoV #1 and Alana in PoV #2 is very very good (and has been in the roster for quite some time). I preferred their take on Raquel by far (out of all 4 girls so far, even) but it's mostly because I liked the theme and scenes used for her a lot, whereas the ones for Alana not so much. In terms of art quality, they deliver consistently great work, though.

The one who handled Jezebel in PoV #1 and Levitya in Pov #2 is fairly new to the game (these two are even their first works here if I'm not mistaken) and they have a pretty different style from most, but not in a bad way, it's even refreshing and they're pretty good. Having said that, I must say that while Jezebel was recognizable, Levi wasn't. I mean sure, we can tell it's her with all the wings and stuff, and it's nowhere near as bad as the rushed 1-star version (with the trademark double left foot on the second pose and completely different eyes etc.). But they didn't quite capture Levi's face and vibe, imho (and it's a character I like a lot). I was also much less interested in the poses and scenes for their Levi than for their Jezebel. Still pretty solid work, but I hope this artist will make an effort into staying true to the character they work on next time.

Anyways, looking forward to the next one. B|

Well, I'm a lot less enthusiastic about this PoV. With free regen over 14 days, we may be able to get 3164 points. Assuming 30 Tickets per day, 10 Pantheons, and 48 Villains per day:

- 30x14x3: 1260 for Champions

- 10x14x4: 560 for Pantheon

- 48x14x2: 1344 for Villains

It's enough to complete the main path (2500 Points), but nowhere near what you need for the extended path (6500 points). If you have some stored Champions tickets, it's probably easier (So planing will be important). If you're planing on spending Kobans on Villains for the various events, it may also be easier. But otherwise, it's a lot more difficult than the first 2 events.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I can only advise everyone: forget about the "bonus" rewards after 2500 points ... not worth the ressources nor the time.. since the important rewards(up until 2,5k) are still achievable for free I´m not too mad about it..though I´d really want to know who at KK comes up with the points given per task .. I mean this and the pachinko one are just :/ ....

• Like 7

Yup, I guess I shouldn't have tempted fate by stating this just yesterday:

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

But as long as there's at least one reasonable objective in the set, that's fine.

And on the next day...

PoV 3 - TERRIBLE OBJ.png

44 minutes ago, Liliat said:

It's enough to complete the main path (2500 Points), but nowhere near what you need for the extended path (6500 points).

41 minutes ago, holymolly said:

I can only advise everyone: forget about the "bonus" rewards after 2500 points ... not worth the ressources nor the time..

+10. Or rather "x10" which is what the devs should do to the Villain Objective to make this PoV reasonable.

My biggest issue with this type of bad joke slash terrible design is that, to be a bit clearer about what I've been saying for some time now, the high value I give to the full PoV is ONLY for the FULL PoV: both paths to the very end. If I can only barely grab rewards up to the 2,500 points milestone, then it's even questionable whether it's worth my 3.6k kobans. :(

We'll see if they listen to feedback, I'm definitely giving it a shot and telling CMs about it (as I'm sure other mods probably already did). And CMs are smart too. The question is whether GD will admit to the "oops we broke it again!" and fix it or not. In the meantime, I'll stick to free path in case they don't.

EDIT/PS: On top of that, the free path girl was made by one their artists whose work I like the least from their current roster (and is the least faithful to the game's visual style and to the characters they draw), whereas Murane behind the koban lock was made by one of their best artists ever.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Torture feels like vaccation compared to this useless grind congrats kinkoid another decent event made borderline impossible another successfull atempt to make the game even more stale if people wanted a game to feel like a stale brick wall we already have something called a job for that😠

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yup, I guess I shouldn't have tempted fate by stating this just yesterday:

And on the next day...

PoV 3 - TERRIBLE OBJ.png

+10. Or rather "x10" which is what the devs should do to the Villain Objective to make this PoV reasonable.

My biggest issue with this type of bad joke slash terrible design is that, to be a bit clearer about what I've been saying for some time now, the high value I give to the full PoV is ONLY for the FULL PoV: both paths to the very end. If I can only barely grab rewards up to the 2,500 points milestone, then it's even questionable whether it's worth my 3.6k kobans. :(

We'll see if they listen to feedback, I'm definitely giving it a shot and telling CMs about it (as I'm sure other mods probably already did). And CMs are smart too. The question is whether GD will admit to the "oops we broke it again!" and fix it or not. In the meantime, I'll stick to free path in case they don't.

Thanks, i just hope that changes are made before it ends.
I am annoyed that mythic days ended before the new pov started as well, since we could have gotten a lot of points just from that event alone.
If you like the suggestion in the other post above then can you can suggest that to them as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

EDIT/PS: On top of that, the free path girl was made by one their artists whose work I like the least from their current roster (and is the least faithful to the game's visual style and to the characters they draw), whereas Murane behind the koban lock was made by one of their best artists ever.

naa I wouldn´t say that about murane..the first pose is just superior to all the others.. though I agree that murane is a lot better

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

My biggest issue with this type of bad joke slash terrible design is that, to be a bit clearer about what I've been saying for some time now, the high value I give to the full PoV is ONLY for the FULL PoV: both paths to the very end. If I can only barely grab rewards up to the 2,500 points milestone, then it's even questionable whether it's worth my 3.6k kobans.

I'm not sure I could agree with you on this. Yes I'd agree that this PoV is harder to reach the end of. But the last PoV was ridiculously easy. Even if you stick to just the free path and only go to 2.5k potions (which should be trivial), that's still a lot of free stuff. It seems a little unfair to categorise the whole feature in that manner when any player should be able to reach the end of the main free path without any additional investment.....

As far as value of the Koban locked path - I agree this is some drop off in value by not getting to the end of everything, but the vast bulk of the value is still achieved by 2.5k potions. The extra you're getting beyond that is:

80k GXP (~2 days of natural shop refreshes)
8xMP (~1 day of PoP)
24xKisses (worthless unless you have the additional Kisses to pick-up a KC girl)
16xCombativity (~23 Koban)
400 Gems

Compared to the PXP, GXP, Girls and Boosters gained in the main path, the above seems comparably trivial. I agree that it makes the PoV worth less if you don't reach the end, but it still seems to me like a better investment than the PoA that costs twice as much.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

I agree with @JustVisitingReborn (except that kisses from PoV are worhtless, they save you many kobans in KC and made you advance in seasons), we shouldn't be greedy reclaiming that PoV be so easy as to reach 6500 just with normal gameplay in all the iterations. The objective is reaching 2500 points and that is definitely doable in the PvE version and ridiculously easy in the previous ones. The extended path rewards should be viewed as Seasons rewards after you get the girl, even if their ingame value is bigger than there.

Let's give kinkoid credit for this feature, it is a nice addition of resources and girl even if you don't unlock the second set.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, jelom said:

except that kisses from PoV are worhtless, they save you many kobans in KC and made you advance in seasons

Most players should be able to complete the Season main rewards just with natural regens. Even mid levels should manage it before the LC (based on my own experience - things may have changed in the last 9 months).

KC - the PoV would need to align very neatly with the end of the month before I'd even consider trying for a KC girl. I'm level 370 and couldn't even get close without significant Koban investment. It's not something I'd spend Kobans on and I wouldn't advise others too either.

But I completely understand that you're a totally different level to me in terms of what you can afford and the Kisses may be more worthwhile to you :)

il y a 4 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

KC - the PoV would need to align very neatly with the end of the month before I'd even consider trying for a KC girl. I'm level 370 and couldn't even get close without significant Koban investment. It's not something I'd spend Kobans on and I wouldn't advise others too either.

I think the kisses are good regardless. Without any specific planing or preparation, I should be able to get at least 90 fragments on the KC girl this time (82 at the moment). My best so far was 68 (And more like 50-60 most of the time), and that included some Seasons kisses.

This time, I used PoV (45 Kisses) and 3 Champions (30 Kisses), everything else is natural regen. Had I stored some kisses from anywhere else, I would probably have been able to finish the event, for the first time.

Since PoV happens every 2 weeks, we should often have proper alignments, making it possible to at least attempt one of the 2 KC events. And if it doesn't work, well, that's not really an issue :) We're used to not getting the girl, by now :D but stored kisses are so rare that every bit really helps (And the fact that you can store them for up to 14 days is nice, too).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Proper alignment or not, I typically do my Season fights based on my KC plans, not the other way around. 24 extra kisses are indeed quite valuable (especially since I make sure to be in "storage mode" before claiming them). But I agree that most of the value is in the first 2,500 points.

It's just super frustrating to have such poor balance that the same event can either be "easy peasy", "pretty fair" , "ridiculously hard" OR "literally unplayable"...

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It's just super frustrating to have such poor balance that the same event can either be "easy peasy", "pretty fair" , "ridiculously hard" OR "literally unplayable"...

That I totally agree with :) As nice as the easy peasy is in terms of gaining free resources, I kinda prefer pretty fair, where I actually have to plan and work at getting the result.

With the current PoV - and to a lesser extent with Seasons - I do find it a little frustrating as well that you reach the end of the main path and the difficulty ramps up to ridiculous levels. You need more than double what you've already done on the current PoV - which is challenging in itself - to collect those end of path rewards and they're not even that good. I do feel the 'extra' requirements could be toned down a little.
With Seasons I simply stop paying any attention at all after the main path.

With regard to Kisses - I'm not far off the same point myself (that being banking and using Kisses on the KCs). But until I've finished the CC I can't spare the tickets to grind the regular champions to put myself in the position for this to be a viable strategy. Until that time I feel that extra Kisses are more frustrating that helpful as they take me tantalisingly close without ever crossing the line. And a miss is as good as a mile as they say. I've played very hard for 13.5 months now, so I can't imagine many f2p players that are younger than me are managing to break through on the KCs.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

I think one shouldn't pick it as a challenge, but as a way to have you stay longer within the game. A design principle: the more you stay in, the more purchase compulsion get permeant.

But I think they did a design mistake: the increasing steps make the thing 'look' like a challenge, while it was a way to have you keep a steady routine. In the effort of reaching higher rewards you could get distracted from the routine (= frustration).

To me, the whole thing should have worked by much higher steps that didn't reset bewteen instances of the same PoV. The more you play, the more the rewards (an active Daily Reward). With the locked path a way to sell another 'VIP card'.

I will not kill anyone for this feature, but sincerely it doesn't make me love the game more. Once I'll try for the locked path to check how it does "feel".

12 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

The more you play, the more the rewards (an active Daily Reward).

Well, Rosso has been hyping up the allegedly upcoming "Daily Goals" addition to the game for a few months already. My wild guess is that it should come somewhere between "Soon (TM)" and "Not in Five Years, Okay? (R)"... :ph34r:

• Haha 4

On 1/8/2022 at 4:14 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Proper alignment or not, I typically do my Season fights based on my KC plans, not the other way around. 24 extra kisses are indeed quite valuable (especially since I make sure to be in "storage mode" before claiming them). But I agree that most of the value is in the first 2,500 points.

Technically they aren't the same event, but different versions of the same event structure. That doesn't mean some of them can't be a bit harder or a bit easier, and that the difficulty level won't change based on when they start during the normal monthly schedule.  I agree that this one is harder, but for those of us who realize KC is really a non-event or non-priority for us, it's fine.

I think that these sort of issues should be growing pains for a good design team.  I'm not sure what the end result will be, but I am waiting until we see the whole second run through of all of them to pass judgement.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Zteev said:

Technically they aren't the same event, but different versions of the same event structure.

Sure. Of course I meant to say event format. And of course a little variance is to be expected in difficulty level. But going from the previous PoV which was the first and, so far, only one really holding up to Rosso's initial promise of "rewarding you for stuff you would do anyway" to the current one which requires tons of efforts and resources to even have a shot is WAY beyond the reasonable amount of variance a decent design and balance team should provide for the same event FORMAT.

3 hours ago, Zteev said:

I think that these sort of issues should be growing pains for a good design team. 

I vehemently disagree. You don't need a good design team to do basic maths that even someone who famously sucks at complicated formulas and equations and stuff such as myself can see clear as day at a glance. You just need people who know how to count, and have a good grasp on how the various game features they base their Objectives upon actually work.

Who in their right mind would NOT see an issue with asking us to reach THOUSANDS of points using only time-limited and/or costly features that all give a few UNITS at a time? Seriously?

I'll give them credit that they can count, so it means little to no thought was given to double-checking the feasibility of this iteration.

• Like 3

Looking at the leaderboard is discouraging. I'm afraid those super spenders will skew KK into thinking "everything is good, or on the easy side."

I mean, it's great there are people keeping the game funded, I just worry what conclusions might be drawn by those in charge.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Franka said:

I mean, it's great there are people keeping the game funded, I just worry what conclusions might be drawn by those in charge.

And that's a very reasonable concern for us to have considering shockingly erroneous conclusions have been drawn time and time again by those in charge based on perfectly good data. :ph34r:

One of the most recent and glaringly obvious examples being last month's poisoned gift in horrible extra PoA form, based on data that showed PoA has been perfectly balanced for many months. If you know how to interpret data, that is. The mistake made there was to only look at "a number of players are finishing it in two days instead of six" within the data, and completely miss how and why those players are doing that, and most crucially, the fact that it actually takes 5-6 days to complete a PoA for a vast majority of players. So instead of "this is too easy!" the conclusion should have been "this is great".

• Like 2