NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

On 1/21/2022 at 5:42 PM, Noacc said:

Freshly pasted from discord: 

Dear, players.

At the start of the current Path of Valor we encountered an issue where the objectives did not provide enough points. 

A fix has been pushed to the live server.  
The fix will increase the potions you obtain from objectives from 2 to 5 per league or season performance.

We've taken into account how many potions have been unlocked from the duration of the bug.
 ✉️ Compensations will be sent out on Monday ✉️ 

Kind regards,
Kinkoid

They forgot to fix it on the test server.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kenrae said:

It's better to lose on purpose than to just wait, you know.

That depends on circumstance. If you are solely talking about natural regens you're right. Both waiting and intentionally losing allows other players to move past you making wins easier later. Intentionally losing amplifies this dynamic. However, there are other factors that make this approach less desirable depending on your situation.

Firstly, I'm the 2nd lowest level player in my D3 bracket this week and a clear ~60 levels short of the median. I will NOT win every league performance. I CANNOT afford to 'hold wins' for the relevant points of the PoA. To take the most wins and get the best final placement from the league I need target opponents when I can make the biggest gains over their baseline points. That means that during the PoA I WILL hit some losses in the league and with the tight timings that means I have to rely more heavily on the Seasons performances to get past the relevant stages.

If it was simply natural regens we were talking about, I would intentionally lose, but I've stashed a lot of additional kisses from PoV, DR etc so currently have 42 of them banked. Those extra performances are worth significantly more in terms of getting through the PoA stages quickly than making the wins easier. I'm going to win anyway. That's not a challenge. I cannot both intentionally lose AND bank those additional kisses. So waiting rather than losing is the far perferably option.

@JustVisitingReborn Sure, and Ken would certainly agree as well about the very specific situation you've detailed in that post above. However, it would be a bit unfair to expect his statement to be relevant to that; he was clearly reminding folks of a general rule of thumb for how Seasons work, nothing more.

Context makes or break anything and everything. It's best to keep it in mind before faulting a common sense piece of advice that's good to know most of the time for not applying to fringe specific cases.

29 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@JustVisitingReborn Sure, and Ken would certainly agree as well about the very specific situation you've detailed in that post above. However, it would be a bit unfair to expect his statement to be relevant to that; he was clearly reminding folks of a general rule of thumb for how Seasons work, nothing more.

Context makes or break anything and everything. It's best to keep it in mind before faulting a common sense piece of advice that's good to know most of the time for not applying to fringe specific cases.

I wasn't faulting the general advice and I'd suggest my response, which went to some lengths to detail why the advice didn't work for my specific situation and emphasize that it would work in other situations, was reasonably clear about that ;)

Kenrae quoted me specifically and offered comment on my comment. Rather than ignore the comment, or simply 'liking' it even though it doesn't work for me, I chose to give expanded feedback as to why I wasn't following that advice. His advice was appreciated even if it doesn't work for me right now and I wanted to convey that by taking the time to offer a detailed response.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Attirm said:

Easiest fix would be to change the name to "Potion of Lube". Just one word changes, and the connotation changes from being scummy to funny.

Hey! That name would even fit into the game lore as told in one of the Daily Missions 🤣

• Like 1

Wow..they actually fixed it without jinxing anyone..now I wonder why they couldn´t   "compensate"  previous bugs in a similar approach but I don´t know anything about coding so ^^

EDIT: Oh nvm there are people reporting that they can´t claim rewards :D ... I knew it was too good to be true :P

• Haha 1

il y a 2 minutes, holymolly a dit :

Wow..they actually fixed it without jinxing anyone..now I wonder why they couldn´t   "compensate"  previous bugs in a similar approach but I don´t know anything about coding so ^^

Probably because this time, they were able to anticipate, and save the score of each player before making the change. Then, it's just a matter of multiplying this score by 1.5 and adding that to the number of potions - can be done any time after the fact, without any pressure (Except the 2 weeks deadline for the end of PoV :) ).

il y a 8 minutes, blaa a dit :

might be interessting for some

Thanks! I had noticed the extra potions, but couldn't claim the rewards. After making one more fight, it works as expected :)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, holymolly said:

EDIT: Oh nvm there are people reporting that they can´t claim rewards :D ... I knew it was too good to be true :P

yes, cause people didnt do the fight as noacc said they had to do to get the potions/claim the reward(s), but that was expected as it is expected of KK introducing at least one bug with every new implementation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder: last (half) day to claim your PoV rewards.

I'm at 3875 points; I'll probably make it to 4000 by tomorrow, just before reset. I'm still saving kisses so I could have gone further, but it's good enough. Especially since I stopped buying the paid path to focus on MD + Revivals at the moment.

Rank 60k, so once again, plenty of players were able to complete the main path. With 2 points instead of 5, it would have been a carnage though (1600 points only).

Also, this time around, Top 1000 players were not able to complete the full path. Only the top 60 players were able to do it (as of writing this message).

See you again tomorrow for "Contests". Yay.

• Like 4

Since this is now on the main server, I feel able to comment.  It's generally quite good and offers some good rewards (quite apart from the girls).

It's not that onerous until (say) playing in the Pachinko comes around, then it would be impossible for me.  There are some useful rewards if collecting them is timed right.  However, it would've been handy to have got the chance to collect gems as I never seem to have enough in the right category for Mother Angel's blessings.

What puzzles me (and a similar situation applies to the Seasons) is that after the last 20 shards on the girl are collected not only does not a lot happen, but one has to work harder to get the rewards.  The rewards are not commensurate with the effort required to get them.  This is where it would be handy to have gems (50-100) inserted into the game.

Oh, right, today is "new PoV yay" day... Well, I finished the PvP one at 3,750 milestone only (technically I have 3,975 points, but I'm not paying a league refill for a couple of MPx1s and 25 gems, and I've been in storage mode for KC for weeks, and my stack is still way to short for that, so...). My big "mistake" was expecting the first KC of the month to arrive on the first Thursday of the month, which would have made this PoV less annoying in terms of resource management, but it'll be next week instead.

14-day Permanent Contest Bloodbath, here we go... -_-

« Get potion by doing activities! »

Take a look closer

« Get potion in contest! »

You fooled me! :( 

Well, joke aside it will be a harsh one. I wonder if they intended to give potions with Daily goal but did’t get the time to implement it

33 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Nope.

Doesn't the paid card hack work anymore ? Can't remember where but sure I read if you buy Silver / Gold / Platinum card after the event ended you got uncollected rewards. But don't take my word unless someone else can confirm it.

il y a 2 minutes, Incubys a dit :

Doesn't the paid card hack work anymore ? Can't remember where but sure I read if you buy Silver / Gold / Platinum card after the event ended you got uncollected rewards. But don't take my word unless someone else can confirm it.

Maybe. I know it works for Seasons and PoA. Not sure about PoV. I don't use paid cards, so I can't say.

Edit: according to the Silver card description, that should indeed work. So, @KenaiEtznab, the only solution for you would be to buy a silver card. Then you should get your missed rewards.

But in general, be careful about time-sensitive rewards; never wait for the last minute to claim them.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Maybe. I know it works for Seasons and PoA. Not sure about PoV. I don't use paid cards, so I can't say.

On the card descriptions it says Seasons / PoA / PoV so I'd guess it works but I get my card from Patroen so haven't had to test it

Edit : Can't add another quote but @Liliat raised a good point earlier about the last day contest and whether that will be included.

Edited by Incubys

11 minutes ago, Incubys said:

On the card descriptions it says Seasons / PoA / PoV so I'd guess it works but I get my card from Patroen so haven't had to test it

i havent tested it either, but there were some guys on discord who didnt log in until 30 minutes after reset to claim their xp via card; it should work then, i guess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blaa said:

i havent tested it either, but there were some guys on discord who didnt log in until 30 minutes after reset to claim their xp via card; it should work then, i guess

Did they already have a card before the end of the PoV ?