NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

I've given this announcement a little time to sink in before drawing any conclusions about it, but here goes.

Firstly, it seems to be a very safe bet that PoV is going live on Friday the 10th. KK never seem to give a long testing period on the test servers (it seems to be more about catching obvious technical bugs rather than getting player feedback, which they respond to when things blow up after they push it live). They've stated it'll start on Fridays and run for 2 weeks. And the calendar for this month has a 'coming soon' starting on Friday the 10th running for 2 weeks with a 2nd 'coming soon' starting immediately after and running past the end of the month.

With regard to the event itself, there are pros and cons. Imo for the vast majority of players it's going to be tough to afford playing this twice a month, even if you drop everything else and only take part in the MD (which everyone should be doing imo). Tbh, I think I'll find it difficult to afford to open this once a month.

The rewards seem really imbalanced, both in terms of what's on offer and where it's placed. Looking at the reward path posted by @FinderKeeper here -

as others have identified, it would be hard to justify going past 2300 LP. I might go as far as 2500 to pick-up the extra 2 EP orbs, but given there are a further 16 tiers after this which offer nothing that it's worth spending anything to get, that seems to be a significant oversight in the system. Look at both Seasons and PoA - the further through the event you manage to get, generally the bigger and better the rewards. I know Seasons has the dross at the very end, but that's tokenism rather than a real part of the event to my mind. I'm a little loathed to say this as I wouldn't want them just reshuffling the rewards to move the better rewards further back, but on this front the event just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

And then we have the rewards themselves. On the free path - big smiles - free stuff for doing things that you'd likely do anyway. There are some decent rewards in there - specifically an extra girl and a load of PXP (playerXP). Helps lower level players catch-up, I'm all for it. Even if the rest of the rewards seem pretty paultry, they're free!

But when we look at the paid path - costing 3600/600 Koban - the additional rewards for making it to 2500 LPs are as follows:

1xGirl
31x2.5k GXP
19xKisses
12x10GP
103k PXP
22xCombativity
1xSP
2xEP

100xred
100xblue
100xgreen
100xorange
100xyellow
100xblack
100xwhite
100xpurple

(Remember the above is only to one tier beyond the SP as I don't feel its worth going further)

So an SP is worth 90 Koban. And 22 Combativity is almost another 40. So that takes the cost down to 470 Koban. I just can't help but feel that the value in this - and I do think there is value there - is massively skewed to certain tiers and totally absent on others. Specifically the PXP and the girl. Even the Gems, which are tagged on as extras, you're getting less than 10 for each per day. No great incentive there.

There is more than 470 Koban in value to the bonus path imo - the additional PXP is very attractive - but psychologically I actually find some of the rewards in this offputting rather than attractive. Giving 3 kisses, 1MP orb etc etc seems like a nothing and for a Kobaned feature gives a jarringly jagged up and down between the PXP and the nothing.

I also would really like to see exactly what the other objectives are and the success criteria. I agree with much of what's been said about the one we have seen, though to my mind the imbalance in awakening/affection based rewards are a little moot. They're totally under-rewarding harder tasks, but like the DC there is a lack of balance here that allow for the selection of the more cost efficient option. Levelling up a girl is so much better rewarded than anything else, you just stick to that. 10 girls to level 250, done. But seeing how imbalanced the LP rewards are for the 'Upgrade Your Harem' PoV, I do have concerns that there will be similar or bigger issues with other Objectives.

For me, I think I'll likely want to see what the Objective is for any given PoV and how it lines up with other events, selectively participating. Specifically, the PoV overlapping the LC is likely a good one. Or to a far lesser extent, where it overlaps the MD to use the extra Combativity.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2
  • Hearts 1

Il y a 3 heures, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

it would be hard to justify going past 2300 LP. I might go as far as 2500 to pick-up the extra 2 EP orbs, but given there are a further 16 tiers after this which offer nothing that it's worth spending anything to get, that seems to be a significant oversight in the system. Look at both Seasons and PoA - the further through the event you manage to get, generally the bigger and better the rewards. I know Seasons has the dross at the very end, but that's tokenism rather than a real part of the event to my mind. I'm a little loathed to say this as I wouldn't want them just reshuffling the rewards to move the better rewards further back, but on this front the event just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's done on purpose. 2500 is not super difficult to reach, but also not super easy. It's a realistic goal for most players, without making PoV the main event of the game.

After that, the rewards are on a loop, just like Seasons after 12k points (or 11.5k now), so it seems to be intentional that they aren't really good rewards - not bad either, but something that you can afford to miss. Just a little something so players don't feel that they completed the event in 5 days instead of 14. And those who can't complete 6.5k points will not feel like there's completely missing out on the event. It's a fair balance IMO.

• Like 5

Without any surprise, the difficulty varies greatly between the different sets of objectives. While 2500 seems largely doable when it comes to leveling up girls, the Pachinko objectives might be a bit more complicated:

- GP10: 2
- EP: 20
- EP10: 200
- Draft: 222
- MP: 6
- MP3: 34
- MP6: 80
- Event: 66

For 2500 points, it would take 1250 GP10, or 125 EP, or 417 MP, or a mix of all that. I'm sure I can't do that in 2 weeks, and I'm not sure I want to save 100% of my Orbs for this event (I'd rather spend them in Daily Contests every few weeks to grab some Kobans).

Also, it seems that the girls change every 2 weeks (I was at 60/100 for the free girl, but got a new one anyway).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Surprised :O 1

50 minutes ago, Liliat said:

the Pachinko objectives might be a bit more complicated

And this is what I was saying above about being selective.

With the levelling-up Objective, there are two important factors that makes PoV attractive - 4 out of 15 Daily Contests involve giving XP to girls, and gaining a level is highly rewarded. That means that you can be very confident that within the 2 week period you are going to get at least a couple of relevant DC and then it's trivial to move through the necessary 2.5k LPs. Where you want to spend the additional Kobans you have a very high chance of getting the full reward package.

The Pachinko Objective is totally different. There is only one (out of 15) DC that matches with this Objective, meaning it's perfectly possible to go the two weeks without a single matching DC, and there's nothing in that list that's rewarded highly enough to actually make this PoV achievable. Where I am now (level 361), even if a relevant DC came up, I'm not likely to have to spend anywhere near enough orbs to take #1 in the DC to get to 2.5k LPs. And I'm not going to burn orbs just for this (wasting orbs ON TOP OF paying 600 Koban). So I'd likely just ignore the Pachinko PoV and prepare myself to manage the LC of that month on days 3/4 instead.

This is exactly what I was worried about in terms of the other Objectives not being balanced well. It's not a catastrophe by any stretch, but does make me think that I'll be very choosy about when I pay for the PoV and that it may be less than once a month.

• Like 9

Well, the Pachinko Objective seems very imbalanced compared to either its daily contest equivalent, or the other objective we got to test in the previous days (Upgrade your Harem). It should distribute about 10 times more potions across the board to become reasonable.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

If I understood correctly, they changed the objective list... can anyone post an image? I am not on test server (no time, guys... 😫) but I would like to give an eye...

@Liliat posted it a few hours ago, just 5 comments above yours :D

⬇️

10 hours ago, Liliat said:

Without any surprise, the difficulty varies greatly between the different sets of objectives. While 2500 seems largely doable when it comes to leveling up girls, the Pachinko objectives might be a bit more complicated:

- GP10: 2
- EP: 20
- EP10: 200
- Draft: 222
- MP: 6
- MP3: 34
- MP6: 80
- Event: 66

For 2500 points, it would take 1250 GP10, or 125 EP, or 417 MP, or a mix of all that. I'm sure I can't do that in 2 weeks, and I'm not sure I want to save 100% of my Orbs for this event (I'd rather spend them in Daily Contests every few weeks to grab some Kobans).

Also, it seems that the girls change every 2 weeks (I was at 60/100 for the free girl, but got a new one anyway).

• Thanks 1

Il y a 7 heures, Observer_X a dit :

If I understood correctly, they changed the objective list...

Not exactly: each Path of Valor has its own set of objectives (like daily contests). The first one (Improve/upgrade harem) has ended, and the new one (Pachinko) just started.

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

the Pachinko Objective seems very imbalanced compared to either its daily contest equivalent

Actually, this is a sharp observation that I never clicked to yesterday. Even where the Pachinko PoV aligns with the matching DC, the rewards in the PoV deviate significantly from the rewards in the DC. Most notably GP10s are the single lowest rewarded spend (2LPs), whereas I'm confident that most people make up the bulk of their DC points with GP10s (8k points).

This may actually be intentional, as you can buy GP10s for Ymen, in an effort to stop the older players with huge bankrolls dumping Ymen to get through the PoV. But I'm confident that other than a very small fraction of the player base, the recent Ymen nerf makes it unlikely that many players would do this.

This disparity actually means that even where you get an aligning DC, the Objectives are only partially aligned.

• Thanks 2

to add something to the confusion: the quesiton was if we have enough possibilities to get shards

image.thumb.png.9e4cd6b3e29f7925a9384c8036fd8c36.png

if that's the order of events, we at least know what event the 2nd 5 day event is gonna be (starting at the same time as OD), but maybe it's just the remaining events cause KC isnt starting before LC. Then again, what event is the 2nd 5 day event or is it just a mistake?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Ok mates i've understood (almost) everything i think about this new event from your comments, i'm not on test server so... i'm "seeing with your eyes". 

Now i think i'm not against the event, actually i might like it. The "problem" of course is that this is going to be another kobans drainer too, and probably an "obliged" thing to do due the very precious exp that will be in the paid path (again if i understood correctly) and well..... the girls, after all i'm here for them XD.

I like that we can do it playing normally and that we are not going to have to follow an order of steps like in the Poa (i like planning but not too much, after all i'm in the haremverse to relax).

For my personal situation, i should be able to this and the Poa and have a very little income (i did some math, but i'm not fully sure on how many kobans we get in classic and on orgy days). Of course no more Mythic girls, unless they release someone that makes my heart skip a beat (i still have stocks for the emergencies).

There could be 1 thing that mess every plan i can do. So i'm going to ask this because i didn't understand it. Is the new Path Of Valor event going to happen once a month ? If is the answer is no well.... i see a dark and unhappy future for me T.T

il y a 10 minutes, Xemnas a dit :

Is the new Path Of Valor event going to happen once a month ? If is the answer is no well.... i see a dark and unhappy future for me T.T

No; twice a month (More precisely: every 14 days). There will always be a Path of Valor active (Similar to seasons, but more frequent). We call it "event", but it's not really an event in that regard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

No; twice a month

Ok thank you then i guess i'll have to chose wisely, i guess i could do a Poa and 1 Pov (probably my choice). Of course Mythic girls are just a thing in the past.... T.T maybe i'll be able to grab someone every thousand years XD

Well there is another option too (which is the ugliest one): if we totally forget that we are here to enjoy the girls and make all this haremverse become a giant match of Dota or league of legends (or whatever you guys like to play XD) the best is to do both the Pov with the exp and leave everything else..... bleah, the competition might be making money to KK but is such an awful thing (for me) to have here. Sometimes i feel nostalgic and remember my old self at the beginning of the game just chilling and 😏

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Xemnas said:

Ok thank you then i guess i'll have to chose wisely, i guess i could do a Poa and 1 Pov (probably my choice). Of course Mythic girls are just a thing in the past.... T.T maybe i'll be able to grab someone every thousand years XD

Well there is another option too (which is the ugliest one): if we totally forget that we are here to enjoy the girls and make all this haremverse become a giant match of Dota or league of legends (or whatever you guys like to play XD) the best is to do both the Pov with the exp and leave everything else..... bleah, the competition might be making money to KK but is such an awful thing (for me) to have here. Sometimes i feel nostalgic and remember my old self at the beginning of the game just chilling and 😏

well if they don´t make any money this month then I don´t know why: this months events:will cost 50-60k kobans if you´re going for "gotta catch them all" :/ (just 2 PoV´s and the 2 PoA´s are more than 20k kobans 😢)

• Surprised :O 1

22 minutes ago, holymolly said:

well if they don´t make any money this month then I don´t know why: this months events:will cost 50-60k kobans if you´re going for "gotta catch them all" :/ (just 2 PoV´s and the 2 PoA´s are more than 20k kobans 😢)

Wait, 2 PoA?

16 minutes ago, holymolly said:

yep..the second 5 day event is a "christmas special " for us => suprise! another 7,2k to spent

And with this surprise now I'm super sad 😭😭😭 thanks for the info tho, is better to have a bad new in advance and be psychologically prepared for me at least... I think I'll go for the POA with a Santa Claudia (at this point she is going to be somewhere). Now not to be rude but i have to say that this month does not really feel a Christmas for me in the haremverse..... It feels that KK is trying so hard to make me quit 😂😂 but i have a Bunny's invite so only her can kick me out😂😂

• Like 5

• DvDivXXX changed the title to NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic