NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

5 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

As a side question, shouldn't Path of Valor have occupied the "coming soon" slot in the Sex God Path page? Or am I remembering wrong again?

Well, we all assumed that because it seemed obvious, but I don't think it was ever officially stated. And we know other new features are coming in the next couple of months. One of them might be the third Sex God Path thingy.

It makes way more sense and is much more convenient for PoV to be right below Seasons on the front page, considering it's a similar evergreen but ever-changing feature/event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thing was tested on the major browsers right? Using Chrome I am unable to scroll up to claim two rewards I gained while playing Seasons. 

Edit, found a "work-a-round" we can use until the game destructors get this fixed. Use your keyboard page up and page down buttons. I had to click on the page before this worked, but it did allow me to claim my rewards.

Edited by Pelinor
added kludge work-a-round info
  • Like 3

16 minuti fa, Pelinor ha scritto:

This thing was tested on the major browsers right? Using Chrome I am unable to scroll up to claim two rewards I gained while playing Seasons. 

They probably use Opera, as instead Firefox have problems with the Iframe and reactiveness.

Wasn't easier to use the usual horizontal scroller? It work so fine...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

It's a little on the over-sensitive side for me too, using Opera disguised as Chrome. The UI in general is smaller than it needs to be (I can only imagine on a mobile screen). Why don't they use something similar to PoA's UI instead? Sounds like less work to copy-paste and adapt a bit rather than coming up with a brand-new but not too practical UI.

-------------- 

13 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

They probably use Opera

They definitely don't (if you mean the devs ^^). Back when they came up with the idea to ban less popular browsers for some reason, Opera was initially one of the banned ones (which is when I started using an agent switcher thingy to disguise mine as a Chrome session). It eventually got white listed, but barely (and likely because enough vocal players complained about it). My guess is Opera wasn't even on their radar tbh.

il y a une heure, Observer_X a dit :

it may be "nice extra", but in proportion gaining the equivalent of near 11 legendary girls to complete the Path IMHO is way more insane (and incredibly more difficult in the arc of two weeks, unless a player has a lot of girls left in his Epic Pachinko pool along with a good pool of Orbs, meaning that IMHO it will require way more than a little bit of planning) than reaching 34000 mojo in one month to complete the Seasons

I'd say it depends on the player. But everyone should have:

- 2 Girls from Season: 1200 Points

- 2 Girls from mid-december PoA: 1200 Points (2400 if you pay)

- 1 Girl from PoV: 600 Points (1200 if you pay)

- 1 Girl from LC: 600 Points (You may even get 125 or 150 Shards there)

- 50 shards from LD: 300 Points

- 1 Girl from Classic Event missions: 200 Points

- 40+ Shards from League: 240 Points (+120 points if you didn't already have Dolly before today)

That's already 4 340 points for everyone, without paying anything. From there, you just need 3.5 girls from EpP (or other sources) to reach 6500 Points. That doesn't seem "insane" to me. You can get additional shards from OD, Classic, Club Champions. And I probably missed one or two sources?

On the other hand, the best I can do in seasons is 18-19k, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone reaching 34k Mojo there. But 3 players have already completed the PoA in just a few hours (Of course, they're not F2P players). And nobody has completed the current season. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that the current Path of Valor is easier.

• Like 3

So far, just seems like another grab for the whales. Like PoA, but with more work and one/two less girls. I dunno, with PoA's massive cost for possible other girls and now this. I think I'll just handle the 'free' path of Path of Valor and take it easy. Too many things to do that require Koban resources and I'm only a free account user with just limited resources.

• Like 1

Anyone managed to figure out the average "Gotta Catch 'Em All" koban cost of a month of gameplay now?

5600x5 = 28000 for the two new Epic Pachinko and three Pachinko-exclusive Classic Event girls.. yes, you can get free pachinko spins, but those were recently nerfed pretty heavily.. you can maybe get two of the girls via free orbs in a month, on average, the rest you have to pay for.  We'll cut it down to 5600x3 = 16800.

7200 for Path of Attraction
7200 for the two Path of Valor girls

We'll say a conservative 12000 for the Mythic girl,  15000-1800 without using Sandalwood, 10000-12000 otherwise (though the Sandalwood alone costs 2500 more kobans).

Picking up the Kinky Cumpetition girls requires spending to get more than ~40 shards before the end of the event.. not really sure how much though.  Most efficient way would seem to be buying kisses for the Seasons fights, where a shard has around a 50% win chance, so it is necessary to buy enough kisses for 120 fights to get 60 shards.. Free kisses are somewhat easy to get, so we'll cut that in half.. again just spitballing.  60 kisses is about 1200 kobans, two times a month.

The orgy event.. Let's assume I've been burning through my trust fund to keep up with this and I've never missed a girl in the past (neither of those things are true, this is a rhetorical argument).  Usually there is still a new girl or two in each orgy event as well, which iirc drop into the epic pachinko.. so hey maybe tack on another 5600 or so per month for that.

Legendary days?  Gonna be buying combativity for this one.  Usually a couple thousand kobans worth.  I'll guesstimate it at 2000 as a napkin figure, though it's basically always more.

There are going to be some other convenience reasons to spend, but if I'm willing to spend more time and more clicks, I can avoid them.  I'm talking about just getting the girls and nothing else.

So.. we're looking at 16800+7200+7200+12000+2400+5600+2000 = 53,200.

Well, some of that is easy.  Daily mission completion will net me about 6000 kobans a month.  Free half of the Seasons gets me 840 (though this varies month to month).  Places of Power got nerfed pretty badly, but hey, maybe I get lucky and pull 1000 kobans from there over a month's time.  I'm solid in the leagues and finishing top 10 in D3 every week.  It'll cost some kobans for the boosers to maintain that, but I'm pulling down around 10000 more kobans per month.  There are small amounts available in the daily calendar thing for the login bonus.. pretty negligible though.  I may be missing something.. can't think of anything else offhand.

That's around 18000 kobans a month available to free players.  Anything more than that, you're going to have to pay.

So, what's the best way to do this.. Monthly Platinum Card gets you another 10000.  Season Pass gets you another 1270.  In Canadian dollars that's going to ring you up $50/mo. 

But we're still 20,000 kobans short of getting all the girls, and buying those is going to cost me another $180CAD, bringing my theoretical expenses to $230/mo.

In other words, one can attempt to keep up with this game, or you can lease a pretty nice car.  Or like, get a personal trainer and a guitar teacher, and take programming classes - get ripped and learn some transferrable skills, for the same price.

My point here is that unless you are willing to spend a genuinely life-altering amount of money on this game, you're just going to have to pick and choose what events you want to participate in.  The devs have doubled down on making things "exclusive" to an absurd extreme.  I used to be a paid player at $20/mo, and that was enough to keep me afloat..  Then came nerf after nerf, until I realized how little of a dent that $20 was making, and that despite spending that much I was falling farther and farther behind every week.  Unwilling to spend more, I stopped spending entirely.  If you're going to make me pick and choose, I may as well just choose one less thing and do something useful with that money.

Kinkoid talked themselves out of my support.  Now I contribute nothing and only cost them bandwidth, and I'm happier for it.  When they get their act together maybe I'll start paying again.  Until then, speaking with your wallet is the only thing that will make them change.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Noacc said:

I don't believe they should count

Is that a comment on how the system was meant to function, or how you would have set it up? My intuitive response to this PoV Objective was that achieving the shard rewards would double and provide additional rewards. I would naturally have expected claiming those shards to generate extra LPs.

For clarity - there's not attitude in this post what-so-ever - it's a genuine question.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Noacc a dit :

So some players are getting PoV girl shards counted and some are not? 

I'm not sure about "some are not", but what I observed is: I'm definitely getting potions for PoV shards. I reached 420 potions and I paid attention. I got the popup notification indicating that I earned 120 Potions. However, the potions count didn't immediately update when collecting the PoV reward. After leaving and re-entering PoV, the potions were there.

Some players have reported they had to log-out/log-in. For me, leaving PoV and re-entering was sufficient.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2

I finished the quests for Dicks in: A Sexmas Carol and when I got the girl, it did not give me 600 potions for the 100 shards a girl is equal to. Is this a bug or can we only get points from shards and not 600 for getting a whole girl at once? I figured you would get them for the girls as well, when looking at the leader board and seeing how high the top spots already are in points. 

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Your point makes perfect sense to me. It could easily be renamed something like "medals" to better match the path of valor theme, and also avoid any creepy undertones.

Or call it potion of stamina or something similar. Our hero is already taking blue pills to satisfy girls. No graphic change would be needed.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Liliat said:

I'd say it depends on the player. But everyone should have:

- 2 Girls from Season: 1200 Points

- 2 Girls from mid-december PoA: 1200 Points (2400 if you pay)

- 1 Girl from PoV: 600 Points (1200 if you pay)

- 1 Girl from LC: 600 Points (You may even get 125 or 150 Shards there)

- 50 shards from LD: 300 Points

- 1 Girl from Classic Event missions: 200 Points

- 40+ Shards from League: 240 Points (+120 points if you didn't already have Dolly before today)

That's already 4 340 points for everyone, without paying anything. From there, you just need 3.5 girls from EpP (or other sources) to reach 6500 Points. That doesn't seem "insane" to me. You can get additional shards from OD, Classic, Club Champions. And I probably missed one or two sources?

On the other hand, the best I can do in seasons is 18-19k, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone reaching 34k Mojo there. But 3 players have already completed the PoA in just a few hours (Of course, they're not F2P players). And nobody has completed the current season. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that the current Path of Valor is easier.

Well, yes and no. I agree that things may vary depending on the player, although I can't guarantee that we both give the exact same meaning to this statement. However, I don't know your game experience, but mine suggests some exceptions to your list:

- 2 girls from Seasons: I would say no problem with one, but some players may wish to save the other for task XIX of Path of Attraction, should the contest with "Get a new girl" pops up on that day. Moreover, regarding the present Path of Valor, this will last until December 23rd, and I am not sure that by that day I will have already reached the 11500 Mojo required for Seasons tier 62 (Frosty Everest), and I am prone to bet that a good slice of players are in the same boat.

-2 girls from mid-December PoA: I don't know if you have some extra information from Discord (I am not on Discord) but we still don't know what will exactly be the tasks and requirements of this short Path of Atraction, and to make things worse this will run along the monthly Orgy Days, that are quite impegnative to follow because of Daily Missions (unless the devs change something in the mechanics, but we still don't know that either). So IMHO it is premature to affirm that the average player (especially a free one) will be able to obtain x girls easy.

-1 girl from LC: about this, allow me to say that IMHO this is your main error: don't forget that, because of the way the Legendary Contests are structured, each day at least half of the players will be unable to obtain any shard. At the end of the event many average players will end with only 25, 50 or 75 shards despite their efforts, and many others with only four pieces of legendary equipment. Should I have to bet, i would say that in total at least half of the playerbase don't get the girl at the end of the event.

-50 shards from LD: I suppose you consider this an average, but personally, in Legendary days, using only four days of free combativity on average I had definitely lower results: in general 50 shards in four days would define an exceptional event of that type in my game.

-1 girl from Classic event mission: this is fine, with the precisation that this obviously is valid for the actual Path of Valor and may not be the same for future Seduction Paths of Valor (simply because their two weeks period won't include the Classic Event). Depending on the exact period of time, obviously, this may add (or be compensated) to the normal villain girls of the Classic Event or not.

-40+ sthards from league: regarding the Kinky Cumpetition, in my game about this I can say the same things I said above about Legendary days, i.e. in two days of League and Season battles I had often lower results than 40 shards.

Taking the above into account, your point calculation for the Path of Valor for the average player may be quite lower. Regarding my personal game, at the moment I compete in Legendary Days only if one of the girls is already in my Date Pavilion, and the same goes for the Epic Days. Moreover, because of some past events, actually I am not in a club, and I quitted my previous one when I had 24/100 shards on the recently arrived (at that time) Demi (and it will take some time before the conditions that allow me to search for a new club will be fulfilled). About League girls, as I said in the dedicated thread, with any probability in the next months I will probably gain stably 15 shards every week.

Regarding the comparison between Path of Valor and Seasons, allow me to slightly rephrase the concept (no offense intended towards anyone): IMHO players pushing to reach the end of Path of Valor are way more insane than the ones pushing to reach the end of the Season, especially given the rewards and their requirements.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Noacc said:

@DvDivXXX
I don't believe they should count 🤔
Auto-collected Kinky Cumpetition girls also (From previously obtained girls) 

So some players are getting PoV girl shards counted and some are not? 

I think they should, and I can confirm they do.

Actually, as far as I can tell from the various posts here and in my club chat, and my own testing, the only issue left is this one (and it's not all the time and not for everyone apparently):

• Claiming a full girl does give 100 shard worth of potions/points/(medals? please rename it ^^)
  • Claiming 20 shards of the PoV girl(s) does give 20 shard worth too
  • BUT it often only gets taken into account after signing out of the game and then back in (not always).

So there's no big issue after all. It's still inconvenient and can be confusing at times, but no one is actually missing out on potions. Thanks for checking. ❤️ 

• Like 6

To be honest, this is going more easily than I thought it would, and I thought it would go pretty easily. I realize that part of that is my really good luck in Kinky Cumpetition, but this is a simple easy event for anyone to do regardless of level, as long as they have a reasonable number of girls available somewhere.

The worst parts about it seem to be:

The interface where scrolling is an issue - I use Firefox on PC & Puffin on phone, and am trying Silk on an Amazon tablet. Firefox works fine, the other two not so much.

The lack of clear information in-game is confusing some in my Club, and calling them potions has people looking for them in inventory. Just call it points and make it simple.

It's a winner.

• Like 2

My first impressions from live server:

- (+) In general I like the idea of this feature. It gives me some tasks in a PoA Style I can plan for which is interesting. I also expect that a two weeks duration supports a relaxed play style. Of course this has to be proven in the future, but if that is not the case there is some rebelancing necessary. We have enought things to do, so I don't need another time consuming thing like PoA

- (+) switching to another task list every two weeks sounds also good to have some variety

- (+) more stuff for free (XP + Books is very welcome)

- (-) bad UI design

- (-) additional koban sink

- (0) rewards at the end a bit underwhelming. 2 Combativity? 3 Kisses? I think it does'nt hurt if those values are higher

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MrXY said:

- (0) rewards at the end a bit underwhelming. 2 Combativity? 3 Kisses? I think it does'nt hurt if those values are higher

To be fair, that's actually by design (I made the same confusion earlier on during the test phase): the main course ends at the 2,500 milestone; everything after that is just icing on the cake (it's the same 4 rewards in a loop). It's pretty similar to the Season's extra tiers that nobody ever ever reaches, they're just there so that no one ends up gaining nothing from their Season fights at the end of the month. Except that the extra milestones on PoV are much more reachable, actually (depending on the Objective).

• Like 1

I understand this and I recognize the pattern from Seasons rewards. This is a good policy to have a more relaxed time for the most important rewards (of course the girl and XP). It helps to prevent fear-of-missing-out feelings which I think leads to more criticism from the community. Therefore my rating for this was neutral (0). I wasn't really precise or detailed in my description.

Nevertheless rewards of 2 compativity have zero incentive for me to try harder and reach the last checkpoints. I don't think that 10-20 hurt someone and it feels more rewarding.

• Like 2

Feedback about claiming rewards:

• If you're on the free path only and press to claim something, you successfully claim it but the page reloads and then jumps to the last reward available (similar to the Seasons page). I'm pretty sure this can be done without reloading (at least) and jumping (well, it's a feature, but still) - this wastes a lot of time - to claim one thing at a time and wait-wait-wait.
  • If you unlock the paid path and want to claim something specific then it is even more inconvenient than on the free path only but in a completely different way. There is only one "Claim" button in a whole row and if you press it, you claim the whole row of rewards - all the 3 things. Needless to say that you may not want to get all the rewards at once from the row but need only 1 or 2 of them at a given time and want to save the rest until better times.
Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

il y a 21 minutes, Тёмный Властелин a dit :

If you unlock the paid path and want to claim something specific then it is even more inconvenient than on the free path only but in a completely different way. There is only one "Claim" button in a whole row and if you press it, you claim the whole row of rewards - all the 3 things. Needless to say that you may not want to get all the rewards at once from the row but need only 1 or 2 of them at a given time and want to save the rest until better times.

Interesting. So, it's probably best to finish the free path, claim all rewards at the right time (Especially the XP, as it's (almost) the only free reward you need to properly time), and then unlock the paid path, and claim the rewards at the right time. Since we have 2 weeks, there's no rush to unlock everything right away anyway.

• Like 3

Le 09/12/2021 à 23:20, Methos2 a dit :

Or call it potion of stamina or something similar. Our hero is already taking blue pills to satisfy girls. No graphic change would be needed.

I like potion of stamina, very RPG style. But I fear new players understand it has something to do with the stat already called endurance (especially after translation in some languages). Could potion of valor be better ? After all, it's path of valor.

• Like 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic