NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

holymolly

Honestly the term that doesn't belong is "potion" rather than "lust". I realize it means changing the visual asset for the little potions into one that looks like a medal instead, but I don't think it should require a lot of manpower from the art team to come up with a tiny icon. And it would be well worth it.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to NEW FEATURE: Path of Valor [PoV] is now LIVE!

I've added [PoV] to the thread's title along with a "pov" and a "path of valor" tags. It seems this thread gets under the radar for some users these days, not sure why or how (I mean it's pinged and featured and everything, but new threads keep popping up here and there instead of folks just posting here). Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I doubt many would know or realize this but you only get points for shards needed to complete the girl. you do not get any points for shards beyond the 100 shard mark. This is not mentioned in any way so and in CxH I was outright screwed by this. I had 99 shards on an epic girl and got a 100 drop but because of this I got 4 points instead of 400!

If it flatly says X points for shards then all shards should count. The excuse that players get gifts for excess shards is crap because getting points is triggered by getting shards. The game has to recognize getting those shards to convert them into gifts. Choosing to ignore extra shards (which the system already recognizes for another feature) when you are advertising that shards=points with no caveat is literally false advertising.

• Like 3

I think it's safe to say now that the difficulty of this PoV is not insane.

I reached the first milestone a few days ago (2500 Potions), and I was rank 13000 (!!). Now I'm getting close to the final milestone (6250/6500), and I'm rank 4500+. So that's a lot of players who were able to complete this event (And there's still 5 more days to go; I still have several unclaimed girls waiting for the right contest).

In terms of Pachinko, I got 1 legendary girl in EP (+600 points) and 11 girls in GPx10 (1100 points). But even without that, I still have 800 Potions to claim from PoV itself, and 1200 points from seasons, as well as 600 from the current LC girl. So, plenty of margin as well. This event really doesn't get in the way of day to day gameplay. I like that :) (At least for the current set of objectives).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 430i said:

What was the order of the different PoV tasks (most importantly which one is next)? I remember someone posted it, but I cant it anymore...

Page 3 (for me at least, might be Page 2 for non-mods): 

On 12/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, FinderKeeper said:

TGTXzHa.png

Though this lists only 5 types of challenges.

PoV1: Get shards X
PoV2: Level up (slash upgrade) your Harem
PoV3: PvE wins +Champions +Pantheon
PoV4: PvP wins (season & league)
PoV5: Contests
PoV6: Pachinko (hopefully improved since the impossible version we saw on TS)

Not sure why Rosso said Pachinko would be the 6th objective when he only listed 5 objectives in total. Either he forgot to mention one, or he meant to say 5th.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Thanks 1

I probably won't score any (significant) extra points until the end of this PoV, so here are a few results and observations:

- 9942 Potions (Path complete, +50%, and with at least 1200 unclaimed potions from Seasons)

- Rank 2062

- The leaderboard includes a wide range of player-levels, from lvl 150 to lvl 500, so pretty much everyone was able to participate (and succeed). It's not just one or two low-level players either, there are many in the 180~230 range, especially in the top

- The event was mostly relaxed; no special planning involved (Except for claiming rewards at the right time)

So, 10/10 so far. Let's see how it goes for the next set of objectives. If they're unchanged from test server, it should be almost exclusively "level up girls" (Awakening and Stars barely provide any points). We may have to waste a few books there, to reach 6500 points (But I guess it's a good opportunity to level up fodder girls for later awakening?). In any case, I don't expect this next one to be difficult either; just a bit more intrusive for our harem-leveling strategies :)

And: don't forget to claim your PoV rewards. It ends in 4 hours.

• Like 3

they should´ve reconsidered their decision about the points we get for upgrading girls... 12 points for 225k affection and 90 Mio money seems logical to me for upgrading a mythic from 5 to 6 stars 🙄... "thanks for the feedback..we´ll eventually forget it again and don´t care" ..that´s how this looks to me.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Clearly, points from "gain level" overwhelm everything else in this Path. Bringing a Mythic girl from lvl 1/0 star to lvl 500/6 stars would give:

- 500 levels: +500 Points

- 6 Stars: +72 Points

- 5 Awakenings: +50 Points

I would give a lot more weight to Stars and Awakening, since they're more expensive and quite limited, compared to level-ups which are easy to get and almost an unlimited source of points.

However, I think the Path is overall properly balanced, in that getting 6500 points should be fine, even if we completely ignore Stars and Awakenings. The only balance issue is between the different goals.

• Like 5

@Liliat +1.

We did give that feedback during the previous occurrence of this exact set of Objectives on the Test Server. Notably how ridiculous it is that a Mythic Grade barely gives 20% more points than a Legendary Grade, despite costing a billion% more.

It shouldn't matter too much, because two things were done right this time around (imho):

• Points from Levels are NOT "rarity-based" nonsense, thankfully!
  • Points from Awakenings aren't either (good)

A few items on the list are still out of whack, though, and the most glaringly obvious one is missing entirely:

• Points from Awakenings are NOT relative to the amount of gems spent!
  • Giving Girls XP in and of itself doesn't give any point (contrary to all such tasks ever, and let's say "sense of the obvious" because "common sense" seems too low a rarity for that one ^^)

So, TL;DR: it's not literally unplayable like the Pachinko one as seen on TS before, but it's no walk in the park like the Collect Shards one we've just had either. It should be doable (I mean in full, I definitely see 6.5k points as the goal now, unlike extra tiers in Seasons, those rewards are must-haves all the way through) but not quite easy. Can definitely be improved, but still fine as is.

PoV is growing on me like crazy. I haven't been this excited about any in-game rotation ever. This is well worth the price and efforts (as long as devs don't screw up and the tasks aren't out of this world unreachable) and possibly the best koban value in the game even over (normal, regular, end-of-the-month) PoA now. But on top of that, it's just fun and exciting for me. It's a really good mix of Seasons and PoA, with its own distinct pace and feel, and kind of the best of both worlds for my playstyle and personal preferences, at least. As a rolling feature slash event game design wise, I mean.

• Like 7

Yeah agree, it´s still doable to unlock the last rewards within the 2 weeks. I´ve spent all my xp today since it was a good point for me (contest,PoV and pretty winnable D3(League has been really boring lately so I decided that I´ll participate in this one (by participating I mean trying to win it :D ))) I´ve now also unlocked lvl 600 girls so that´s something at least..

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

Clearly, points from "gain level" overwhelm everything else in this Path. Bringing a Mythic girl from lvl 1/0 star to lvl 500/6 stars would give:

- 500 levels: +500 Points

- 6 Stars: +72 Points

- 5 Awakenings: +50 Points

I would give a lot more weight to Stars and Awakening, since they're more expensive and quite limited, compared to level-ups which are easy to get and almost an unlimited source of points.

However, I think the Path is overall properly balanced, in that getting 6500 points should be fine, even if we completely ignore Stars and Awakenings. The only balance issue is between the different goals.

I´m still not really happy about an additional 7,2k kobans to spent per month but I like that we have another xp resource (both PoV´s are like 2,5 levels per month for me so that´s something)..but I suppose that the thrill of PoV will be gone for me and others like @DvDivXXX once we reach max level. So I hope that they´ll maybe change up a few things in the future..(generally I´d love to have a bit more variety in season,PoV, PoA, etc. .. regarding the rewards). It´s definitely the best RoI for competitive players I suppose but idk about those "casual f2p players" that just want to get girl since PoA gives more EpP orbs which can (at least theoretically) give you more girls.

• Like 2

When PoV was announced I stopped unlocking the affection scenes. The idea was that I'd save up all my affection items and dump it on PoV instead. I had 24 assorted girls and unloaded all my affection items all at once and got... a few hundred potions. Well, that was underwhelming, no point doing that in the future.

Still, that unlocked a couple of books. I don't have any gems left over (spent them all on Day 4 LC to top off my battle teams) so I figured I'd just drop some of these books on some level 1 legendaries so they'll be decent in champion drafts. Aaaaand that gave me a few thousand points, which unlocked even more books. So I used some of those books to top up more level 1 Legendary girls and got even more books. I think this PoV actually pays for itself, and just by spending the books on low-level girls it unlocks more books than you spent getting there. 

Given how the scoring works those books would generate almost no points taking a level 550 girl up to level 600, so it seems the only way to succeed this event is topping up new girls to level 250. The potion balance of this event is definitely wonky; you get nearly nothing for playing normally (even if you line up all your resources to dump them on this event) but with the trick of focusing on level 1 girls the event is practically trivial.

• Like 1

As I thought, I ended the previous path at a little more than 4500 points (and only because I claimed both Season girls), so quite far from the end of the Path, although I was able to claim the free girl.

About this new one, I can only confirm that I disagree with most of what has been said above: IMHO it is even less doable than the previous one, and I don't think that I will end as high as that.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1