Path of Valor: Q&A

erhuty

Main game windows shows Path of Valor progress bar (0/10 for now). What is it for? Does it fills by some potions by time like Kisses, CP, or Energy bars? Or does it shows the limit: feed (somehow) 10 potions to (btw, to whom?) or you would loss all 'extra' potions obtained? Its confising...

Think of it like a small season.

But instead of PvP with the added fear of loosing progress, the next two weeks you have to obtain guy shards. Just like the seasons excess will count for the next layer. E.g. With the shards I earned in leagues I advanced several tiers at once and earned several rewards.

The whole thing is pretty much a mix of season and Path of Attraction.

I just battled Edward and got some shards for Seiryo Screwge (one of the current event guys) which automatically registered me 32 Potions for the new PoV feature.

This jumped me up 2 tiers there and I could now if I wanted to gain 500.000 cash and a big purple EXP book as rewards immediately.

The second prize pool costs a whopping 3600 kobans which considering you have two PoV each month adds up to 7200, the same price as Path of Attraction.

Now this means that if you want to fully participate in both PoV and PoA you'll need 14400 kobans in the bank each month. Quite expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, as always I'm to pessimistic and toxic 😉 But for now it seems that PoV is bad designed. Back to the upgrades: upgrading to the first star and fifth star would bring me the same amount of points but cost difference is huge. This is another problem in design.

It's ok. Everybody has been quite suspicious seeing these amounts for the first time. "Will I be able to make it for the guy?" => yes! It's only 2000 points. Meaning for this one 2000 levels. When you awake a guy, you get 12 points meaning 12 lvl you don't need somewhere. You need 8 guys to lvl up from 1 to 250 + some awakening and you're done x). If you awake guys to unlock 50 more level and invest exp for those levels, it's pretty quick as well. We're getting around 30 guys per months and pachinko/trolls have many already there; and we're getting more exp now, even from the PoV so we can have enough levels in the end. The competition lasts for 14 days, we'll have plenty of time to complete it. 

In this game, we just have to remember to use wisely our resources since it can lead to more ressources (like for daily contests). I haven't started upgrading my harem. Couldn't do it on my phone for LC d4 (it's horrible to use the market on phone while I'm so used to do it from my pc xD) so I already have everything. I'm just waiting to turned back home AND a harem dily contest to upgrade everything I already have and the PoV is done. It's a chill feature so relax~~ (and pray for them to adjust the numbers for the pachinko PoV 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😱

• 1 month later...

What is the criteria for current PoV? What is 'finnish in X place'? What place, where? In Daily Contests? But why it didn't count today results? It seems that actually this PoV would work for 13 not 14 days (not count results for 1st day, count but can't do anything at 14th day while the contests would be changed and rewards would disappers immideately)...

Yep it's daily contests. When going into the PoV menu it even states the theme for the next two weeks are contests:

GH_main_PoVFeb22_conditions.thumb.png.42fe1e065b9d37769f3f9c2929c3dc11.png

Interestingly you get also potions for Daily Missions. Question remains though if you get 5 potions for every single Daily Mission or if you get 5 only once when you finish all Daily Missions for the current day.

19 minutes ago, Eckos said:

Question remains though if you get 5 potions for every single Daily Mission or if you get 5 only once when you finish all Daily Missions for the current day.

You get 5 potions for _every_ Daily Mission.

Nevertheless the potions are so low, that the majority of players cannot get the guys this time. 🤬

• Thanks 1

Getting the guys means reaching 2100 potions.

5 potions per Daily Mission means 12 x 5 = 60 potions a day from there and that for twelve days means 720 potions in total

2100 - 720 = 1380 potions remaining.

9x 160 = 1440 potions

=> ergo this means in order to get the guy(s) you have to make sure to finish all Daily Missions every day the PoV runs and place 5th to 10th place in the Daily Contests at least 9 times.

Doable, but certainly more time-intensive than previous PoVs.

• Thanks 1

If you manage the Daily Mission potions you don't need to be 10th place or better every day, "just" nine times is enough.

It doesn't mean that it is an easy feat either though, this PoV is certainly the hardest one so far out of those we already had, no question on that one.

Getting 10 potions per Daily Missions would be better as it would allow to get 1440 potions, allowing to place lower than 10th place in Daily Contests more often.

The main issue with Daily Contests is also that the difficulty is somewhat randomized as conditions like "fight villains" or "do champion performances" are easier to fulfill than "Donate Money" or "do pachinko" so if you get "lucky" contests you may place 4th or better once or twice and then save many potions but if you get "unlucky" you may lose many potions.

This type of PoV is certainly tricky to balance and could probably use some additional rebalancing before it comes up a second time.

• Like 1

This PoV is doable but it has a lot of uncertainty and disavantages players who sleep at 1pm UTC+1 (= on reset) because other advantaged players can snipe them. This is going to be very random and ressource consuming but it's doable.
For me it should be more an "activities" PoV than purely contest by integrating PoP missions and the new Daily Goals...

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

Il y a 4 heures, Eckos a dit :

Yep it's daily contests.

OMG:

Citation

Earn Potions of Lust by ranking well in Contests.

How Potions of Lust may influence on position in Contest?!

Further, Daily is Goals but Missions is just Missions... Could somebody explain it plain: if I get 1st place in current Contest (plaing Pachinko), would I gett 300 Potions of Lust for PoV? Or should I fuck somebody(thing) else? ;)

Il y a 4 heures, Eckos a dit :

Question remains though if you get 5 potions for every single Daily Mission or if you get 5 only once when you finish all Daily Missions for the current day.

For now I have 25 points in Daily Goals and still 0 in PoV. That is the answer.

1 hour ago, erhuty said:

OMG:

How Potions of Lust may influence on position in Contest?!

Further, Daily is Goals but Missions is just Missions... Could somebody explain it plain: if I get 1st place in current Contest (plaing Pachinko), would I gett 300 Potions of Lust for PoV? Or should I fuck somebody(thing) else? ;)

It's the other way around, your position in Daily Contests influence how many Potions of Lust you get.

No, Daily Goals and Daily Missions are two different pairs of shoes. You get 5 potions for every Daily Mission completed, but nothing for Daily Goals.

The screenshot I posted actually shows you for which action you get which amount of potions:

For every Daily Mission completed you get 5 potions (only Daily missions done after the start of the PoV count, not stored ones from previous days).

Other potions are earned by placing ranks in Daily Contests when they end.

If you place 1st you get 640 potions, if you place 2nd to 4th you get 320, on 5th to 10th place you get 160 and on 11th place and below you get 80 potions.

They are only added once the current Daily Contest ends of course and your last placement is the decisive one.

1 hour ago, erhuty said:

For now I have 25 points in Daily Goals and still 0 in PoV. That is the answer.

Yea, because Daily Goals don't count, only Daily Missions do.

There also wasn't any question about that, just me agreeing with @Zamioc Yukis proposal that adding Daily Goals and Places of Power missions to this kind of PoV would reduce the difficulty.

8 minutes ago, Eckos said:

For every Daily Mission completed you get 5 potions (only Daily missions done after the start of the PoV count, not stored ones from previous days).

Well, look at the PoV leaderbord: how they could earn 150 Potions from 12 Daily Missions (or 13 with Event mission)? 13x5=65 only.