Stuff

lepidocter

As the related topics were immediatedly closed.

@DvDivXXX

On the post about the PoV "bug": you're a mod. Surely you get notified of the dozens of posts everyone open and comments. We aren't. And if you check timing, probably I was the first opening a topic on the subject. Or so it looked to me.

[SOLVED] as I solved the particular question I had. I'm also used to tag [SOLVED] from IT forums, so such tagged posts will not be read anymore and skipped (not that the bug is solved, is the post that's solved). I think is a bad practice too, so probably I'll use [IRRELEVANT] next time, or whatever you'll suggest to me. How about delete it completely? You have such role powers?

You did good (mine is not a ranting!) and I understand how boring is to read all of our fuss. Just for you to know, maybe some other people will have other behaviours and make your life harder. Sorry if mine did!

On the PoV rotation:

Ah, we're not called to know what Rosso tell on Discord. Discord is for kids. My nephew use it. I'm not. In the blog post and patch notes there' a quote of the 'kind' of events, but not declaratively the order (or not a good spelling for that...).

So you used a bit of harsh words on the OP of the thread, presuming a lack of common knowledge that's instead a specific and bit obscure one (and many thanks to share it!). The question was legit, probably more than a lot of mine, but formulated in a kinda ... italian spelling? So I've understood the question, while others thought he didn't know the whole thing mechanics.

As you seems a rational individual, I'm quite sure you'll like to understand the reason behind stuff.

Keep up the good work, you're my best mod, like a kinda violent Batman on a pervert Gotham. Not the mod we want, but the mod we need.

And you can delete this post entirely at will!

Edited by lepidocter
  • Hearts 1

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this feedback. Your timing could not have been better, as indeed there are users who react (and interact) a lot less constructively with mods in general, and me in particular (I guess the minute George walked away, I became the most hated mod by default, as I was next in line ^^ thankfully by a tiny minority only, though). And it just so happens that, out of the bunch of moderation work I did today, one specific other user reacted so poorly that there's a whole lot of drama behind the scenes over it as of this writing. So having someone else I wasn't particularly gentle with when I moderated their stuff earlier not only taking it well but actually giving me praise is quite a welcome bit of fresh air. ❤️ 

About the [SOLVED] thing, I see what you mean, I often end up on tech forums where that's used all the time whenever I'm doing research on a specific computer issue. It's just that I believe your thread might have been the very first time that was used on this here forum (even in the bug report section) and it was pretty confusing in context since the tech issue the thread was about is still being looked at.

I also see what you mean in general about not necessarily finding the relevant thread on the forum, but in this particular case (for both posts) the thread in question has PoV right in the title and has been around since the feature was still only released on the test server. Plus, you posted in that same thread a few pages ago, so I thought it was odd that you seemed to have forgotten it (maybe because the title was edited when it moved to the live server? depends whether you actually "Follow" the thread or if you're just searching for it).

I can remove threads, sure, but since I've linked to the main PoV thread in the two in question before closing them, questions were answered and info was shared in them, leaving them as is seemed better to me.

As for the other user's question, if there's a language barrier but you happen to speak the same language they do, I see how you can pick up additional info from how they phrased things (I have the same thing with other French natives), but since I don't speak Italian, his question seemed really weird and pretty dumb to me. Kinda like "what color is the King's white horse?" (not sure that ref will make any sense in English, btw ^^). "Does this two-week event last two weeks?" So yeah, I was a bit dumbfounded.

I'm not the biggest fan of Discord either, though I need to use it a fair bit these days. I didn't expect you to have seen Rosso's message itself (I hadn't seen it myself), just the post with a screenshot of it on the forum (in the PoV thread).

3 hours ago, lepidocter said:

And you can delete this post entirely at will!

I'm never removing this thread, are you kidding me? ^^ I'll wear it like a badge of honor. You, Sir, made my day. Thanks again. 👍

disappear.jpg

• Haha 1