[ 14-Dec-21 ] Midwinter Preparations PoA - Discussion

FinderKeeper

23 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I might change my mind about this over the next few days, simply because passing this Tier would likely allow me to pick-up the first girl, but I'm going to feel pretty bad about burning the Ymen in some useless way if I do.....

So I have changed my mind on this. Specifically because there is a Pachinko contest on Nutaku today.

I have 70mil of the first spend left to go. I'm having to use 1xGP as there's no way I'm going to deplete my 10xGP in a single contest. For me these current 261600 and the average resale value is a little more than 100k. So to spend 70mil I'm really going to spend ~43mil and because of that good matching contest, I should easily take 1st place today to give me 50 Koban.

That's just luck - everything aligning neatly - at this juncture there's no possibility of me getting past Tier 14 I'd think.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Once I find a way to generate 200+ mill in cash out of thin air, I'll know where to burn it for the PoA task (GPx10s after depleting all orbs, and/or upgrading girls). If you already have enough cash left, you can do that.

I'm currently sitting at 2.45g or 2.45 billion money so that's never been an issue. 10x GP isn't happening since I have close to 200 10 orbs saved for legendary competition and doing singles at 400k a pop will take forever. Upgrading girls only works until I run out of gifts. 

Guess I'll have to hope for the dumb donate contest to roll around IF I even get to that mission in PoA.

Il y a 8 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Once I find a way to generate 200+ mill in cash out of thin air, I'll know where to burn it for the PoA task (GPx10s after depleting all orbs, and/or upgrading girls). If you already have enough cash left, you can do that.

Out of curiosity: where is all your cash going? Do you buy market refills? Otherwise, I don't really understand how you can be short on cash at level 400+, since expenses are pretty much the same for all mid- and high-level players (You're limited by the number of items you can purchase in the market), but income keeps growing with levels.

• Like 1

Interestingly I don't see much difference in income between my two account (Nutaku and mains server) despite having a level gap between them.

Nutaku account is level 272 and has around 77 million cash in the bank. Average income from the harem is 1.3 million.

Main Server account is level 188 with around 63 million cash in the bank. Average income from the harem is 1.1 million despite having about 100 less occupants than the Nutaku one.

Not much of a difference on first glance. The Nutaku account having about 15 million more in the bank is partly due to the main server having the whole "Donate Money"-daily contests way more often and partly due to being unable to man all the available Places of Power there yet.

I dunno though if these levels already count as "mid-game" or still as low/newbie tier.

il y a 9 minutes, Eckos a dit :

I dunno though if these levels already count as "mid-game" or still as low/newbie tier.

It's really subjective, obviously. Anyone around my level is "mid-level" to me :D But I'd say < 300 is low, 300~400 is mid, and 400+ is high. This corresponds to the difficulty changes in Leagues and in Contests (You reach D1 around lvl 300, and D3 around lvl 400, and the last Contest bracket is level 400+), as well as the items changes in the Market (Level 300+ and 300 girls is where you can buy the best items, IIRC)

The real difference is not so much in Harem income: with the recent changes to Starter girls, everyone gets at least 1M/6h (~3M/day). The 3 starter girls now overpower everyone else in the Harem, so even with a very large team, you won't get much more than that (Maybe 3 or 4 times that? Not counting players with a fully upgraded 900 girls harem... if such players even exist :D ). However, despite the selling prices nerf on the Market, high level players can still sell their legendary items at ~2M/U (Compared to 250k/U for me at lvl 360). That's still a 90% nerf for everyone, but the gap between mid- and high-level players remains really wide.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Liliat said:

It's really subjective, obviously. Anyone around my level is "mid-level" to me :D But I'd say < 300 is low, 300~400 is mid, and 400+ is high. This corresponds to the difficulty changes in Leagues and in Contests (You reach D1 around lvl 300, and D3 around lvl 400, and the last Contest bracket is level 400+), as well as the items changes in the Market (Level 300+ and 300 girls is where you can buy the best items, IIRC)

The real difference is not so much in Harem income: with the recent changes to Starter girls, everyone gets at least 1M/6h (~3M/day). The 3 starter girls now overpower everyone else in the Harem, so even with a very large team, you won't get much more than that (Maybe 3 or 4 times that? Not counting players with a fully upgraded 900 girls harem... if such players even exist :D ). However, despite the selling prices nerf on the Market, high level players can still sell their legendary items at ~2M/U (Compared to 250k/U for me at lvl 360). That's still a 90% nerf for everyone, but the gap between mid- and high-level players remains really wide.

Haha, well, that's also a way of looking at it. Considering I started to play only this year (Mid-July on Nutaku and End-October on main server) I guess it would be feasible either way to still count as low-tier. I remember when starting there was still the 3 girl/guy team in place for PvP and when I started to get the hang of the whole thing they changed to the seven person-party team.

Concerning the massive increase of income for the three starters I did have the impression that this was done partly to compensate for the income loss from daily mission rewards as well as the lowering of value for items.

I'm actually a bit surprised that there isn't a "category" of girls/guys who may have only average or even low battle stats but who in turn give much money when fully upgraded.

The 5-star common story girls/guys that can be gained by just playing the story usually have a higher cash income, but I haven't yet seen anyone going beyond the 30.000 to 50.000 range.

In either way though for players in the range I am in this extra PoA is really not something to consciously participate in, especially not if there is still a Legendary Contest to come and a regular PoA at the end of the month that with a bit of planning and resource saving can reward you with four additional harem additions even as a largely F2P-player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

Out of curiosity: where is all your cash going? Do you buy market refills? Otherwise, I don't really understand how you can be short on cash at level 400+, since expenses are pretty much the same for all mid- and high-level players (You're limited by the number of items you can purchase in the market), but income keeps growing with levels.

That's the thing. When this game used to be good, and actually challenging (eg difficult but in a fun and interesting way) it was a long-term strategy kind of game. So good players are used to plan ahead based on the info they have and on the meta. So the minute gems have been introduced, like most of my peers competing in top 15 D3 and above, I've started investing like crazy in order to level up my battle team and not get obliterated in PvP too quick. And I was still deep in that process when this "surprise! this is a survival game now, because why not?" PoA got dropped on us.

So yeah, I've been doing market refills, and also depleting all of my GPx10 orbs and buying tons of GPx10 spins for cash, to get more books and to tediously and painfully upgrade all the useless commons that happen to use the gem colors that my Mythics don't need, in order to someday be able to level up my battle team to 600 (currently stuck at 550) like most of my stronger opponents already have.

I didn't expect Ymens to suddenly become the bottleneck for an event on top of that.

• Like 7

To defeat 220 champions that is an impossible task because there is no time and I don't have that amount of tickets. This event is unbalance coban dump of money greed , since they made every quest to give you the shit gems to be able to level up your girls the game is gone to hell. 120+ single spins on epic pachinko gave me only gems , gems ,gems and book no gear no girl. I know that the devs made this to earn money but forcing you to pay to able to play is not my way.

• Like 3

How nice KK! After burn 300M with 1xGP to pass tier 5 and 15, spend 24h to do tier 16 because eventually I won and don't wanted to spend kobans to avoid the 24h wait so had available only 2 or 3 fights each turn, since yesterday I'm stuck at tier 17 just because KK made a donation contest yesterday and look, today is donation contest again (!!!) and I don't have more 100M, I already burned in previous tier...

Well, I have played since jan/2018, never bough a kobans or packs but keep buying the season passes to support the dev at little but after all this recent changes to playability I will leave this game at end of this month. 

The fact that they nerf this game for ppl who was here only f2p and now nerf for who recurrently support shows to me that they are trying to cashout the maximum they can before shutdown. Let's think a little, if they keep pushing, more and more players will leave the game and when the whales realize that there is no more fish in this sea, they will move to another sea....

• Like 2

What's happening here reminded me of old game i fell in love once, and after release - feeling of betrayal and greed.
Game was called Shattered Galaxy - it was gathering of cool mechanics and new design (year 2001). Long story short, we all got hyped about it - at the time was still free to play, and we knew, one day with full release it will change for monthly payment. And it happend - the price was so absurd, from 1M players number plummeted to 12.000. After that it was gone - seems players "donations" werent enough to give positive income over initial investment.

I checked now and the game exist again it disappered for a time, cause nobody wanted to pay this absurd amount of money. Now basic game is free like before and additional race (3 in basic) is in elite pay option.

Still those mechanics r old now, and game now looks ugly (cause its old), but im happy to see those devs learned sth.

But it still suprising they made this price so high - why not make those 1M players pay less - but with those numbers income still would be huge, instead price was way too high, and most players just left, and in result game died?

Why mention diffrent game, and so old? Cause lot ppl here suggest here KK is trying to squeeze community  at the very end, and then kill game.

So why they make PoV? Create new boss fight?

I rather think someone over there got all those ideas, cause they care, they want to give players here sth new - but while design, and all graphic content cost - they now try to squeeze us little harder to get money back, but they do it in strange way.

Make ppl pay less, and as result more ppl would pay, and income would increase.

I had to think about whats happening here and cool down, and i hope KK will actually change this "strategy" - cause maybe im new player here, but seeing HH die would still be painfull memory like SG once.belive.jpg.27828eb4ee595199cbb502cf69e4ac99.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I didn't expect Ymens to suddenly become the bottleneck for an event on top of that.

Yeah, your current ymens situation more or less depends on where your bank account was sitting on the day the price nuke hit. There was no planning or strategy, just "surprise, everything works differently now" and some people got screwed over for no fault of their own. Any high level player who knew this was coming could have easily had tens of billions banked up and could be riding this out as if nothing even happened.

This event is really only doable for people who had enormous bank accounts and were planning on spending kobons on orgy days to grab girls, which means you were going to buy combativity refills anyways. Speaking as someone who is in such a position, this event still feels super stingy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, yeah, I just realized that I stopped trying to improve the rest of my girls to reach 17 girls and pass the god awful amount of money to spend. It's been over 24 hours since I made that pause and I realize something...

I'm not missing or fretting about not doing this event. And it feels good. :)

So I'm just going to let it go.

Have fun y'all.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TeeJay said:

I'm not missing or fretting about not doing this event. And it feels good. :)

I'm glad you're able to distance yourself from it that way. I hope many players will and this won't be the last straw for too many people. The problem is we've been hit by far too many rage-quit worthy surprises like this one lately, and the timing of this poisoned gift, Rosso's "This is fine " Q&A on the very next day, and then the visions of horror for the likely future through the Survey... that's a LOT to let go.

In my case, I'll admit it's personal and emotional more than anything else. Cheer Cynthia was the one girl I was looking forward to adding to my harem from the moment I took a sneak peek at her (not yet knowing what event she'd be in; given the art quality and that it's a lovely character returning for the first time, I initially assumed she would be this month's LC girl). I went through quite the emotional roller coaster when this "PoA, but worse across the board" went live.

First "oh my gawd seriously? it wasn't a wink wink joke on how expensive the game already became? it wasn't actually a gift? and all rewards besides the girls are pathetic compared to any previous PoA? WHY?!" obviously (and I stand by that). Then, I've looked at the free path vs koban path girls and, much to my surprise, Cheer Cynthia was ""Free"" (emphasis on the emphasis on these quotes)! That was quite the silver lining: terrible event with a koban path not even remotely worth it, but at least I was going to get the one girl out of the four I really wanted to get, through the ""free"" path...

Then I saw the tasks and how ridiculously disconnected from the game's current state they were, even for the """free""" path, and I've realized that even the """free""" path was going to be a very expensive and unfun chore to get through, to the point that I might not be able to complete it. And that's when I went on tilt (that and the bad omens from the Survey, then the bad vibes from Rosso's dismissive response to the backlash in the Q&A). So I decided there and then: if I can't even get this ""free"" path girl, then I'm out.

It looks like I'm going to be able to collect her. But this ""free""" path will have costed me almost as much as a normal PoA's koban path, while rewarding me with less than a normal PoA's actually free path. So the personal satisfaction of getting Cheer Cynthia after all is a small consolation.
--------- 

1 hour ago, Глобо said:

items for girls

I think you meant to post in the Suvery thread; I've moved your post there. Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So .. I´m currently on track to finish this PoA, I´ve also unlocked the paid path on my main account (currently on 57/200 villain fights =tier 18)..I believe that most of you have already seen my "calculation" for this PoA and it´s as bad as I expected:
I´ve spend a hours doing champs fights etc. this week and I still had to use all PoA rewards+ I´ll need to use my rewards from the PAID season pass otherwise I won´t be able to finish it without spending kobans on it. The only good thing are the girls, especially Cynthia and Ruriko are amazing imo so it´s at least something I guess.

On my second account(on nutaku) it´s another sorry: I didn´t unlock the paid PoA their since it´s totally not worth it and I don´t have the kobans to waste for such a disgrace of an event. I´ll also be able to finish the "free" path on there but it has a pretty big price..I don´t buy the season pass over there thus I won´t be able to use the paid season rewards over there and since I didn´t bought the paid path it´s getting even more expensive. I´m currently still on the champ fights task on nutaku (78/120). to finish the PoA I´ll need to use all my season rewards and the "free" path rewards and it´ll still cost about 500 kobans , which is the equivalent of 3k over on the hh server.. so if I hadn´t used my season rewards it would probably cost almost as much as unlocking the paid path.. that´s how ridiclous it is..

So Rosso said we normally  FiNiSh tHe EvEnT iN tWo DaYs ..? yeah? I don´t.. I normally finish it on the second to last day and I still buy the season path.. so is it a problem that I buy the season path? Should we stop buying the season pass (and thus support the game) so that we have a more challenging event or what? Idk about the economic situation of the game but I´m pretty sure that even though they may have made less revenue a year ago, I could bet that they have netted a lot more than they are now, simply because they had less expenses and players (well probably just the discord and forum minority I suppose :P ) enjoyed the game a lot more..I simply don´t get it.

• Like 8

Considering my current level on both accounts (main & Nutaku) as well as my overall resource situation, the prospect of the regular PoA two weeks later and a possible Legendary Contest still in the wings I cannot realistically compete in this extra PoA at all.

The best possible outcome would be to reach Tier 10 by the end of the available time and get at least one harem addition out of it. All of it hopefully without wasting too many of the Season awards as I tend to save these for the regular PoA.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, holymolly said:

So Rosso said we normally  FiNiSh tHe EvEnT iN tWo DaYs ..? yeah? I don´t.. I normally finish it on the second to last day and I still buy the season path.

Yeah, that's an nth example of how poorly informed he is on what the player experience actually is. I'm definitely one of those players who typically complete the regular PoA (eg the best event format in the game, for me) in a couple of days or so. It's not because it's easy, it's because I'm loving it and it's the last event of the month so I finally feel I can sort of relax and enjoy myself, and I'm typically eager to get the girls because not all but a lot of PoA girls have been great in terms of affection scenes and themes for me. I spend kobans, and season rewards and various resources to get there (along with a pretty tight planning so that it all works). Any player I know who doesn't share my enthusiasm for PoA and play it more conservatively typically finishes it on the last couple of days instead.

The takeaway should have been "PoA is in a very good spot, nicely balanced and the free path is actually doable for free for patient and dedicated players; and some players love it so much they still rush it!". Certainly not "oh many players finish this in two days, so it must be too easy, I guess".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

il y a 22 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

So Rosso said we normally  FiNiSh tHe EvEnT iN tWo DaYs ..? yeah? I don´t.. I normally finish it on the second to last day and I still buy the season path.

il y a 22 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

Yeah, that's an nth example of how poorly informed he is on what the player experience actually is.

Can't agree more. It never took 2 days to complete PoA. It only takes 2 days to complete it if you invest all the resources you've accumulated for the event. It only takes 2 days if you sacrifice other events/opportunities, or if you buy the (expensive!) paid path.

If you keep these resources for another aspect of the game (Daily Contests, Legendary Contests, MD/LD, KC...), then the event is just barely doable.

The duration of PoA doesn't depend on "how many clicks you do"; it only depends on how much you're willing to pay for it (With Kobans, $$ or saved resources). The only thing that takes time in PoA is natural regen; so of course you can complete it in a short amount of time, if you spend the resources you collected or just buy more. And guess what? Even the current PoA can be done in just a few hours. Doesn't matter how difficult you make it. PoA is just a matter of resources; not time.

So, in Rosso's opinion, players should pay and still spend a full-time week on the event, for it to be balanced? Wow...

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 12

I agree with you mates, this Poa was just a really bad joke (or as i said a test to see how many people would be ok at opening their wallet for this).

About the Poa in general (all the previous ones) i like them all and i've always taken all the girls. For me the Poa is something to plan and i never use rewards to speed it up (apart the season the energy). I've always ended it 1-2 day before the time limit. The last month due to the removal of the combat points from the contest, i've ended it 12h before the end.

The very only thing i would do to make it more "friendly" is to reduce the boss challenges a tiny bit, but the important part is that is still doable "relaxed". Honestly when i see that "is too easy" part, i get angry, because if they play this game is clearly not from a player/busy player/working player perspective and not from a "harem collector" perspective either.

For him this is a "buffet of girls" and you can pick what you want. Ok good, but what if i want more than 1 ? The Poa was very good even for this, you can save the rewards and be sure to get 2 girls in the classic (back in the day out of 3).

I'm not good with words and my english is totally not good but i hope that you mates get my point.

Now back on the topic: I'm not ok with this and, even if the girls are fantastic, i will not end it. I'm not ok at being "robbed" this way. I'll get the first girl and i'll close this "thing" to tier 12 with the orbs.

• Like 9

The regular PoA at month's end is probably my favorite type of event mostly because you can get four additions to your harem for sure if you plan accordingly ahead and use tactical thinking in managing your in-game resources in combination with available time.

The whole RNG factor and this source for more frustration is certainly lower with this event than with others. Although I did had a frustrating finish in November (D-Tubers) on the main server because of the second-to-last tier being "score 20.000 points in contests" and the daily challenge that day being only the stupid Donate money-tasks which I couldn't complete in time thus losing me the 3rd and 4th harem addition.

That however still doesn't change the fact that imho the regular PoA event is the most player-friendly concerning getting more manpower into your harem although it requires quite some preparation.

Only the Classic events and Orgy days come close with the guaranteed additions through the extra daily missions. The others there are also subject to RNG luck regardless if held by a world villain or Pachinko.

Consequently, Classic and Orgy days are my second favorites in terms of events, followed probably by Legendary Contest since that one is also an instance where you can prepare and act tactically with resources and possibilities you can influence in-game and with your own skill, not something hinging on either RNG luck or spending lots of real money.

• Like 5

Like Xemnas will I end the event after I done tier 12. After the end of this event I would have 4 girls from Events with PoA structure that I didn't get (Lupas Mom in fist PoA and three from Midwinter). To the event itself: What I think about it is not GP-rated. So I will remain silent.

In the last PoA I rushed in two days, because I had the combativity and the energy from the Saison. I couldn't spend combativity in the November Orgy Days because the two Villain-Girls I go with natural regain and I didn't need the combativity for the Classic-Event after they reduced to two girls. Normaly I ended with ca. 30 hours left in PoA.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Xemnas said:

Now back on the topic: I'm not ok with this and, even if the girls are fantastic, i will not end it. I'm not ok at being "robbed" this way. I'll get the first girl and i'll close this "thing" to tier 12 with the orbs.

Same here. I'll finish on tier 12 after collecting half the goods and spending 0 kobans. I think that's a good result to take away from this grand and challenging test of koban spending skills and time wasting. I didn't see where they said PoA is too easy, but that's absurd. They really have no idea, or they're trying to gaslight everyone or something like that. I guess they don't care how insulting it is to tell someone something that they can clearly see from their own experience is not true.

• Like 6

As for others above, I obviously won't be able to reach tier 20: with a little luck, due to my last month "one girl hunt" and the tons of spare equipment I still have in the market to sell, I should be able to clear tier 13, but at that point the time won't be enough to clear the 100 villain battles of tier 14 without spending kobans.

Definitely, even when I will put the word end to my actual no-koban policy, I won't pay kobans anyway for event like this, especially to buy the paid path, unless the devs will change things to increase the rewards. And I mean a really huge increase, at least in the order of a +200%. That may appear exxagerated to someone (and believe me when I say that I am aware that it is absolutely unimaginable, seeing how recent times have gone, to even hope for a similar change), but by my yardstick is the minimum that would make the event acceptable.

• Like 2