[ 14-Dec-21 ] Midwinter Preparations PoA - Discussion

FinderKeeper

10 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

As for others above, I obviously won't be able to reach tier 20: with a little luck, due to my last month "one girl hunt" and the tons of spare equipment I still have in the market to sell, I should be able to clear tier 13, but at that point the time won't be enough to clear the 100 villain battles of tier 14 without spending kobans.

Definitely, even when I will put the word end to my actual no-koban policy, I won't pay kobans anyway for event like this, especially to buy the paid path, unless the devs will change things to increase the rewards. And I mean a really huge increase, at least in the order of a +200%. That may appear exxagerated to someone (and believe me when I say that I am aware that it is absolutely unimaginable, seeing how recent times have gone, to even hope for a similar change), but by my yardstick is the minimum that would make the event acceptable.

The rewards seem to be the same as last months but with a huge increase in requirements which double sucks since got another poa which even if it goes back to normal is still annoying to do two in a month since you have to keep playing every day to get the tasks done.

• Thinking 1

I tend to concur with many of the comments above.  A POA that is completely off-schedule and unannounced is a mean-spirited thing to do.  However, I'm not too heartbroken (only mad as hell) because in my opinion, there is only one of these haremettes I think is any good and who I'm most likely to get and she's Ulfette.

Having this scheduled without forewarning straight after Legendary Days is especially mean-spirited to say the least and seems to be how this game is evolving.  I had already dumped a lot of kobans in my effort to get Felicia and I was run very short, not to mention a mediocre drop rate for the concurrent Orgy Days.  I have still to get Willow (my first effort) in this account so it should tell all.  Normally I'd have two by now.

Then there is the so-called rewards.  Oh, yes, we get Xmas Arcana, if we haven't already got her, but requiring us to get ALL available girls (including Pachinko-only) for a measly collection of gems just spells out the meanness even more.

The final task to get Ulfette is a very tough 70 champion performances and I'm sure to run out of options before then with all of the champions resting.

I'd like to ask what the bloody hell's going on!?  Ever since the removal of dating tokens with dubious justifications with words like 'balance' and 'exclusivity' we've seen a steady decline in worthwhile rewards (plus a drop rate for single EP spins that has definitely fallen off the cliff).  And still, I keep getting a confetti drop of champion tickets when I now have over 8,000 of them in every account.  Yes, something is truly haywire.... Like this damn event.

It's actually now at the point where even those paying for kobans and orbs are given very little value for money now.  It only feeds the gambling curse of hope.

It's reached a stage where the fun has gone out of the game for me.  I'm being manipulated into wasting more and more of my precious time for fewer worthwhile rewards (like girls) and I have more to do with my time than this.  If it weren't for my admitted addiction to this game I would quit forthwith, but it will take only a few more of these mean-spirited retrograde changes to the game for me to finally be pushed out.  The dreadful artwork for Path of Valour is another nail in the coffin.  They managed to transform the normally sexy Jezebel into someone with the figure of a snake.  Now that's an achievement.

I'm bound to get some criticism for this post (not least being the spread of topics), but I've got it off my chest.  Others more into the esoteric nature of gaming and math calculations would be delighted with the changes and they are made for this group.  Still, there are times when (for me anyway who is into this sort of thing) there are some great affection scene and quest scripts - often very clever and very funny - and often tell a complex and compelling story.  If it could move more towards romance and love (and perhaps more personality development that would allow us to identify with the characters) and away from plain fucking without any real passion, the game might manage to keep me, but there will still be great parts of the game in which I take no part or where I'm only an occasional participant.  Of course, this is my choice, but the cost would be fewer and fewer opportunities to get fewer and fewer girls.  Kobans and combativity are the key, but these are dished out a lot more sparingly these days.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, natstar said:

The rewards seem to be the same as last months but with a huge increase in requirements which double sucks since got another poa which even if it goes back to normal is still annoying to do two in a month since you have to keep playing every day to get the tasks done.

A little bit lesser rewards than normal. More Gems, lesser Kisses, Energy and Tickets if I saw it right.

Edited by bolitho76
clarification
  • Like 3

guys.. am I the only one who sees that the 6x MyP orbs are missing or am I hallucinating :D ? nvm I saw that they cut them already last PoA ...well I don´t need them too much but man that´s even more frustrating to newer/f2p players..so much for gems are rewards on top of everything else..

51 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

A little bit lesser rewards than normal. More Gems, lesser Kisses, Energy and Tickets if I saw it right.

6 hours ago, natstar said:

• Like 3

No, the rewards are way worse than what we've been used to for a regular PoA for months. On top of the task requirements going through the roof. The rewards, except for the girls, are almost negligible.

No special orbs. Only a few good orbs (EPx1s and MPx1s), and some really low-value rewards for very hard to reach tasks, like two GPx10s or 15 PvE fights... The real PoA has been a lot more rewarding than that, even the least generous ones we've had so far.

• Like 4

Huh 😲 ... so this is just getting worse and worse. I had some hefty amount of millions to spend ( for tier 5 ). So I began to upgrade some affection levels of some girls, trying to spend my hardly earned ymen efficiently. After that, I still had to spend some millions, so, what the heck, let's finish this in the market ( I had another 30 millions to spend to finish this bloody tier 5 I believe ). And suprprise surprise, after spending all those millions I had now to spend some 71 more, it seemed my spending in the market reset the amount spent with the level of girls. What ? But the fun is not finished yet 😱 . Tier 5 is evolving day by day, I had 76M to spend and now I have 84M. Given that I won't be able to achieve anything in this POA, I guess I won't waste more time.

But KK said in its Q&A it's all fine, so let's enjoy this masterpiece ... or not 😨

• Haha 1

I did my best but that 200 villains step is just impossible to pass without spending a lot of kobans (and then even more kobans for the last step and the 100 PvP wins).

Anyway, if anyone had told me that I would one day spend 208M Ymen on 300 stupid gems, I would have laughed. Well now, I'm definitely not laughing. This whole PoA was horrible and terrible. It was a waste of resources and time. The requirements were higher than normal and the rewards were worse. Is that the Christmas Spirit ?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the devs ?

Or, to quote a famous Youtube philosopher : WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ???

• Like 6

I'm not too poor, but we're not done with this month events - not gonna waste my carefully saved resources on some damn gems... And yeah it hurts im not gonna pickup girls, but 3 stars legendary girls aint gonna make me terminator in PvP - still there's regret... :(

joke.png.b4d843527cd197c167898d210f293f3e.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Max669 said:

I did my best but that 200 villains step is just impossible to pass without spending a lot of kobans (and then even more kobans for the last step and the 100 PvP wins).

Anyway, if anyone had told me that I would one day spend 208M Ymen on 300 stupid gems, I would have laughed. Well now, I'm definitely not laughing. This whole PoA was horrible and terrible. It was a waste of resources and time. The requirements were higher than normal and the rewards were worse. Is that the Christmas Spirit ?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the devs ?

Or, to quote a famous Youtube philosopher : WHAT WERE THEY THINKING ???

Pretty sure they did it to try to sell bundles during this poa but still the rewards were not increased so nothing more than greed to try to get people to waste more than they should this is the first poa where most people cannot be bothered to finish it,

it's not challenging it's a waste of time and this is during orgy days an event where people are suppose to be taking it easy 3 star girls are not worth the effort 

the club champ needs to be rebalanced as well so getting crap all shards from it with the number of champ fights as well.

• Like 5

This is a terrible scam for players that didn't realize it was a special event. I paid the 7200 kobans because I always end up managing all the missions but now I'm stuck on the 120 champ performances and no intention to pay cash to finish it. For players that were considering eventually paying because it was a great game, those kinds of dickmoves just removes all the respect and intention to ever give a single cent.

GG Well jobbed guys. Truly a brilliant maneuver.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, dudeman1 said:

This is a terrible scam for players that didn't realize it was a special event. I paid the 7200 kobans because I always end up managing all the missions but now I'm stuck on the 120 champ performances and no intention to pay cash to finish it. For players that were considering eventually paying because it was a great game, those kinds of dickmoves just removes all the respect and intention to ever give a single cent.

GG Well jobbed guys. Truly a brilliant maneuver.

Yea, I've even noticed novice players who started playing this month desperately trying to meet conditions in this event despite their logical lack of economic in-game power to tackle it.

This is something that definitely should be made known to the devs themselves, at best also accompanied with the hint towards the fact that players possibly considering paying in the future being scared away from doing so because of these scam-esque shenanigans.

Funnily enough I am actually one of those players. I'm playing for roughly half a year now and all F2P, yet a few weeks ago I found a possible source of getting paysafecards so I was considering supporting the games themselves and the devs by investing into a monthly silver card and the Season pass, but by now I am not sure if I should, also in the light of indirectly supporting other players making front against such practices by withholding said money.

• Like 5

Well, the event went pretty much as expected for me. Without trying too hard, I reached my bonus goal: Tier 14.

Obviously, I didn't spend anything (Not quite true: I spent an energy recharge from Seasons at the beginning). I'm saving my Kobans for an event that's worth it (Essentially any event but this one).

Of course, I could still buy the 300 Orange gems on tier 15 for 180M. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Without trying too hard, I reached my bonus goal: Tier 14.

I stopped at Tier 12. Didn't see Tier 13/14 as worth going for and chose to instead save the items for a sell DC. Also Tier 12 took me a while to get past as I had to use Seasons as I stepped-up to D3 this week (not sure if I'll stay, this is a trial run) and needed to save my strong chance wins for the LC today.

• Like 1

I reached my own goals on both accounts (Nutaku and main server) which was Tier 10 with the first harem addition.

On the main server I did have to waste some few kobans to skip resting times on champions for Tier 10 because there I haven't yet unlocked them all.

• Like 1

The Pachinko-Contest an Main Sever lead to that I ended on Tier 14, because I could fullfill the sell items from the gained equipment from GPx10 Orbs and I had some not claimed Combativity I liked to spend at this last Day of Orgy Days. So no more effort to the event than normal gameplay.

• Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

I stopped at Tier 12. Didn't see Tier 13/14 as worth going for and chose to instead save the items for a sell DC.

I still have more than 3k items to sell. +/- 200 doesn't really make a difference. And I can really use the 15 tickets :D (Although I finally got Shtupra a few days ago; so I'll be able to properly focus on Club Champions from now on)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

Finished this ugly event. Although I didn't plan on doing so and would have been happy with just Ulfette (IMO the best girl among those 4). But in the end I could do all the tiers with just a little bit of help from Season/PoV-rewards. So I even paid for the extra path, because it didn't make sense to me to wait for the second PoA this month. And Cheer Mika looks very nice, too, so... yeah. Enough reasons for me to get all the girls, I guess.

I should have enough combativity/kisses rewards left to get the next Kinky Cumpetition and January's classic event done, I think. And if I didn't terribly miscalculate, I might even have enough koban left to pay for the next PoV and PoA just before they end. I just hope that the next Mythic Girl is totally unattractive, because Mythic Days will be the only event I definitely can't afford anymore. ;)

• Like 4

As I had expected, I was able to clear tier 13, and then ended the event at around 50/100 on tier 14.

One of the worst sides of this event is that I feel used, and without a good reason. In the Q&A Rosso said that they intended to put out a challenging event and this was their experiment, but they already have a place to hold experiments, and that is the test server. Personally speaking, I don't believe in Rosso words when he says that they were surprised by the negative feedback: IMHO given the feedbacks they received in the last times, there is not a reason in the world to be surprised on their part.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

In the Q&A Rosso said that they intended to put out a challenging event and this was their experiment, but they already have a place to hold experiments, and that is the test server.

He actually addressed this as well in the Q&A. He said that there are around 150 active players on the TS, versus around 100k on the live servers (all versions combined). And players active daily on the Test Server tend to have a similar profile and give a similar type of feedback. So they went with a live experiment to see how the entire player base would react, instead.

Personally, this makes me wonder why they keep the TS running, because that's a budget for them and it doesn't seem like they're getting much out of it.

39 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

not a reason in the world to be surprised on their part.

The obvious reason is that Rosso doesn't share our player perspective of planning things, managing our resources, preparing for events based on the calendar, etc. He is much more (too much) in line with the very casual players, instead. So, instead of expecting the backlash from good players over the very fact that a surprise extra event screwed up our careful planning and strategies... Well, he mostly had your average casual player in mind, and he expected this extra event to be a nice surprise because it includes some free rewards. He even explained he saw those rewards as bonuses, and in his mind, "gifts". And so when he got extremely negative feedback from the entire forum and discord community over this "gift", he was surprised.

The other reason I've also mentioned earlier on, but it's very clear his liberal use of the term "challenging" got many of us even more frustrated, because this event was anything BUT challenging. It was overpriced and barely rewarding (except for the girls), making it either very difficult or outright impossible, depending on how much leeway each player had in their koban budget. But it wasn't challenging, because that implies something difficult but doable, and also fun or interesting to crack. This was only "difficult" and not in a game design sense, just in a "this cannot be done for free, how far do you want to go and how much are you ready to pay for it?" sense. The opposite of a challenge, in a way.

Having both of these fundamental flaws in his approach to this in mind, his surprise isn't surprising. Unfortunately (but not irredeemably if he's genuinely open to feedback from players above the very casual level he has experienced for himself so far).

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

He actually addressed this as well in the Q&A. He said that there are around 150 active players on the TS, versus around 100k on the live servers (all versions combined). And players active daily on the Test Server tend to have a similar profile and give a similar type of feedback. So they went with a live experiment to see how the entire player base would react, instead.

Personally, this makes me wonder why they keep the TS running, because that's a budget for them and it doesn't seem like they're getting much out of it.

The obvious reason is that Rosso doesn't share our player perspective of planning things, managing our resources, preparing for events based on the calendar, etc. He is much more (too much) in line with the very casual players, instead. So, instead of expecting the backlash from good players over the very fact that a surprise extra event screwed up our careful planning and strategies... Well, he mostly had your average casual player in mind, and he expected this extra event to be a nice surprise because it includes some free rewards. He even explained he saw those rewards as bonuses, and in his mind, "gifts". And so when he got extremely negative feedback from the entire forum and discord community over this "gift", he was surprised.

The other reason I've also mentioned earlier on, but it's very clear his liberal use of the term "challenging" got many of us even more frustrated, because this event was anything BUT challenging. It was overpriced and barely rewarding (except for the girls), making it either very difficult or outright impossible, depending on how much leeway each player had in their koban budget. But it wasn't challenging, because that implies something difficult but doable, and also fun or interesting to crack. This was only "difficult" and not in a game design sense, just in a "this cannot be done for free, how far do you want to go and how much are you ready to pay for it?" sense. The opposite of a challenge, in a way.

Having both of these fundamental flaws in his approach to this in mind, his surprise isn't surprising. Unfortunately (but not irredeemably if he's genuinely open to feedback from players above the very casual level he has experienced for himself so far).

To be fair a lot of people gave up on test server because they don't seem to listen to feedback from people on the server and only area they even read feedback on it is on the discord.

Seen people post bugs from test server on forums for them to go live 
cannot report bugs on the test server because they removed support so unable to report.

seems they just do whatever they want so might as well delete the test server.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 3