How was the early game?

lepidocter

From what I've understood, HH born from the ashes of Hentai Clicker, a total idle game. The transition reason was HC wasn't refined enough (their words) and didn't offered a lot of "hooks" for things to happen. As I tried other clickers, in fact there's not a lot you can do as "extra features". Other games events tend to break the thing entirely.

So, HH. A kinda Gatcha game, like those early anime games on GooglePlay (in fact it does remember me both in interface and logicc  an old 'collect all ninja girls'...maybe do you remember it?). With quest mode, girls to collect, free battles. And energy, combativity and diamonds too XD.

Anyway.

A number of users doesn't like recent changes that turned the game into a kinda mixed management-RPG,and they look to be worried of further changes in this direction. They seems to miss the early 'idle' version , that I cannot judge as I didn't experienced.

So... how was the game in his early days? What the routine and what player had to do? How much a default daily routine could have lasted? 1 hour? 5 minute?

It was "raw but relaxing", "bugged but fun", "unfair but hilarous"... what the early game qualities you miss?

I want to understand such sentiments.

Edited by lepidocter

As I started HH in 11.2018 you had three types of Events: Classic-Event with 6 Girls last for 12 days, Legendary/Epic Days and the Orgy Days. Between the events was at least one day without an Event. After two or three months they start the Shard-System and much more later they implemented Champions, Orbs or PoPs. You had a Arena were every half hour you got three opponent players you could battle and could got rewards after a fix amount of victorys. The Arena was replaced by Season in 2020. Daily Missions and Contests were active and worked mostly like today. The Leagues and the Pachinko was active too.

The game was funny, you had great stuff with a good artwork and something, but not much, to do.

HentaiClicker recognized I first as the Promo in Sex-Friends arrived where the Clicker was announced as "newest game from Kinkoid". It was in 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, lepidocter said:

From what I've understood, HH born from the ashes of Hentai Clicker, a total idle game.

Allow me for a bit of timeline (some dates may be imprecise, so my apologies in advance for my usual colander memory):

1. 2016 : Birth of Hentai Heroes / Harem Heroes
  2. 2018 : Birth of GayHarem
  3. 2019 : Birth of Hentai Clicker
  4. 2020 : Closing until further notice of Hentai Clicker
  5. 2021 : Birth of Comix Harem

As for the early game, I've started playing actively a few weeks after my subscription, around September 2017. IMHO for many aspects the game was a lot better in those days, first of all because the players weren't practically forced to pass so much time online to mantain a decent progress, and the difference between whales and "normal" players was much less abyssal.

As I said elsewhere, IMHO the first main crack in the game system (and one of the reasons that made me continue up to now my no-koban policy), despite the enthusiasm with which it was received at the time, was the implementation of the attraction feature. From that time onward, my collection capability started to get progressively lower, while before, when for girls on villains in events the line was only "full girl drop or no full girl drop", in all my playing time up to that point I had missed only two villain girls from main events, and had an once-time personal record of five girls over six obtained using only free combativity in the last Epic Days before the introduction of the attraction feature.

After the attraction feature, despite some good shots, like the introduction of the Champions and the Places of Power, most of the new features, especially the Leagues, IMHO were addressed at satisfy the slice of paying players, in particular by progressively widening the difference between paying (in particular monthly card owners) and average free players in regard to the chances of maintaining a relevant progress in the game. It is still to see if I will be right when some time ago I said that the recent introduction of the gems in the game may be the last nail in the coffin of the game.

As of today for me the main strong point of the game is still the Adventure mode, the reason that made me start the game in the first place and one of the main reasons that keeps me playing the game despite the lot of frustration that I faced in these last four and a half years. Should I ever get finally too frustrated to continue playing, I would probably try anyway to log in once in a while to try to progress with the story, at least for a bit of time.

• Like 3

[Sept 2017 start]

There were far fewer (maybe 0?) events.  Basically it was reading story, collecting girls and collecting stuff so you could either buy eq or buy pachinko spins.  I would save 6k koban and then roll in epic pachinko for a girl, hoping someday to get them all.  There was no pvp (no season, no league).  There was a leaderboard but it was who had the most xp, battles vs villans, girls etc and you could see how you were doing compared to the rest of the world.  I was proud to be top 20% in a category, then top 10% and eventually multiple, never reaching my goal to be top 10% in all before they got rid of it :)  Still miss that (tho I suspect I'm more garbage now, but who knows).

Some of the same laments that you hear from low players now applied, at least to me (as then I was "low"): I was poor, couldn't upgrade a girl or buy from the shops not because of lack of play but because of lack of cash.

But the game was simpler, besides dailies you could login a few times and then be done for the day or login more and eke out a bit more cash from your harem.  Perhaps liken it to checking your personal email once or twice a day vs checking your email at work amidst meetings, direct messages, phone calls, people stopping by your desk, work itself and maybe a break or two then get back to the grind.  I'd say if you had a "9-5" job you could not check during work hours and still get all the play you 'needed' in (tho the more you play, the better off you are, I think still applied, like today - just diminishing order of magnitude).

Even later when there were events, it was kind of like Comix Harem is now (maybe a bit less) where there were days breaks in between.

Also with only two forms of currency (money and koban) you didn't have to worry about tickets, kisses, worship and potions.  I'm not even sure a real world equiv of that...really I feel I have money and energy but I'm probably over simplifying ;D

BTW, I may be making it sound all bad but there are many more ways to get resources now (with all the events), but still (at least for me) not as many as I feel I need, so that is something.

There were no clubs (were there forums?) so no way to communicate or coordinate at all with fellow players, at least that I was aware of.

Probably more I'm forgetting.

Comix Harem is actually not a terrible representation of how it was, esp pre-awakening and pvp add, in really early beta.  Not for the first time I'll say I had high hopes they would make it a slightly different game there or keep the nostolgia and every feature they readd without any changes, I lose a little bit more hope/feel I don't understand their mission :)  One frustrating difference between old HH and CH is that I, personally, never caught up with the story, that happened WAY later for me (in HH), so I never had bundles of energy to spend/do nothing with.  That could just be dumb luck for the time I joined however.  I did get stopped up a couple times when you needed to buy something to progress the mission and I had to decide between girls and story...glad not to have that delima really anymore ;)

Edited by jpanda
memory jar edit

When i started playing only had one event at the start of the month which worked the same as the classic event now but with less world levels released which made it easier to have the world bosses for the event unlocked had 14 days of daily missions one a day that gave kobans took longer to do than they do now so had to start it early only other ways to get kobans for free back then was finishing all your daily missions and getting top 4 in contests.

people saved up kobans to do epic pachinko because had no pachinko orbs to do it for free and epic pachinko had no legendary items in it so lived up to its name of epic pachinko.

when a girl dropped from a villain you just got the girl none of this shard crap and could only do 1 battle at a time because no 10/50x options.

• Thanks 1

Back in mid 2017 when I started playing, life was relaxed, you just connected 3 or 4 times a day for 15-30 minutes just to complete your daily missions, use your energy and combativity, do some arena (like seasons) battles totally optional, get some money from your harem and buy stuff in the market. That was all.

A classic event run for 14 days when the month started. You only got drops of full girls with a glorious descending black shadow animation that revealed the girl (how much I miss that, those moments were really thrilling and exciting, for me was one of the main attractives of the game). Revivals where girls from previous events returned, started in 2018. Anniversaries were like a giant revival where you could get many girls if you had saved kobans. Also the first legendary girl Levitya (think of them like Mythics now) was released in 2018, I won her and it was my first post in the forum (and my first penalty for posting the image to share my joy, rules were stricter then), being just a reader until then.

Epic pachinko was with kobans only (no orbs existed then). No one except for ultra whales could get all girls, getting all girls was only a dream those days. Upgrading the girls had increasing costs for every girl you got.

The only PvP was arena when you had 3 battles every 30 minutes against other players getting mojo and small rewards for wining 16 daily battles. You just had a three girl battle team that could last for months once they were upgraded.

The story was one of the main drives for new players, being the other the girls parodying known anime characters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2