• .Cheer Cynthia. Meh
    • \______________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Cheer Mika. Meh
    • \___________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Cheer Ruriko. Meh
    • \_____________/ Yucky

42 Epic Orbs and 0 girls, a clubmate got 2 in 46 spins. Now if that's not a stealth nerf, I don't know why we're cursed with such bad luck.

Pathetic they resort to such kind of changes to squeeze the dimes from us.

And I always said how I though the F2P experience was fair and just in HH. No more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Alkazord said:

42 Epic Orbs and 0 girls, a clubmate got 2 in 46 spins. Now if that's not a stealth nerf, I don't know why we're cursed with such bad luck.

Pathetic they resort to such kind of changes to squeeze the dimes from us.

And I always said how I though the F2P experience was fair and just in HH. No more.

and what you think about 150 1xMyt orb and 0 girl or 175 1xEP orb and only 1 girl? the drop rate are insane these days.....

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, the secondary contest being "destroy your cash (that you will never make up for with how stingy the cash income is now)" was pretty unlucky for good players. I included my "no thanks" ranking for that in my screenshot on purpose. The rest of the top 4 in my group most certainly destroyed large quantities of Ymens for this. They were all about still at 2.sthM until the final hour or so. Thankfully, none of them had enough to make up for claiming their XP too early (and/or possibly I was the only one out of those 50 players to have invested in PoV's koban path?). Anyway, I'm glad I got that result, and glad that it's over now.

I'll see if I can grab me some special orbs in the next three days, but I typically end up with a couple of MPx1s at best in those.

Looks like George was right when he accused me of having understood nothing of this game: I claimed all possible experience rewards from Seasons and Path of Valor (and I believe my level is still higher than yours) but I racked up only 2.320.890 points, ending at 8th place. How could you end so high without exploiting the buy contest? I can't believe you gained over one and a half million points in one day by selling items or PvP battles.

il y a 34 minutes, Observer_X a dit :

I racked up only 2.320.890 points, ending at 8th place. How could you end so high without exploiting the buy contest? I can't believe you gained over one and a half million points in one day by selling items or PvP battles.

There's 1.26M points in Seasons, 1.14M in PoV free path, and another 1.14M in PoV paid path. That's a total of 3.54M, from XP rewards only. Then you add PvP victories (150k points) and dailies (62k points), a bit of Adventure/Side quests, and you should get really close to 4M.

I'm not sure how/if these XP rewards scale up with the level. That could explain the missing ~200k points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derstood said:

and what you think about 150 1xMyt orb and 0 girl or 175 1xEP orb and only 1 girl? the drop rate are insane these days.....

Yea, I noticed that myself too, but it was more difficult to keep track as I'd spend them as I got them. The Epic orbs I kept and used only during the Legendary contest, so it was easy to remember the odds (and they've stayed mostly the same). I used to get a girl eery 10 orbs or so, but 0 in 42 is abyssymal. Likewise, I'd have around 70-100 orbs from a month of saving, this month I had only 40. Coincidence? I think not.

I used to get a girl every 70 or so Mythic orb. My last streak was 160 without a drop, but then I got 2 within 60 MP orbs of each other, so...

All of this is anectodal, unfortunately, but yea, all this coupled with the recent changes make me want to go on a hiatus to clear my head of this spinning wheel the game has become.

• Like 2

Speaking about orbs, I noticed that after getting the main prize of the Legendary Contest already there are now triple and 6-game golden orbs for Mythic Pachinko available as prizes and if I recall correctly you can also get some of those in regular PoA events so those are accounted for.

For the green Pachinko you can actually get plenty of orbs from several sources, but what about the red (Epic) Pachinko orbs?

So far I've only seen 1-game orbs everywhere. Do 10-game orbs and "Draft"-orbs for Epic Pachinko even exist?

Uh, lemme guess, if these do exist you can only get those by paying real money?

EPx10 are incredibly rare; they're only available in special events (They used to be available for 1st place in D3 as well, if I remember that correctly). Lower level players might also get them from daily rewards (At least I got some on CxH, but I don't know if that's also the case on HH).

I believe Draft Orbs also exist, but they're so rare that I can't remember where or when I saw them (If I saw them at all...). Maybe in the Anniversary PoA? (So that would be once a year, probably on the paid path).

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:38 AM, blaa said:

i have so many xp rewards left, if we do get a good normal contest in line, this event should be done soon.

GL everyone - i feel especially with all you guys who got hit pretty hard the last few months (resource wise)

donation contest werent a good fit, but i decided to spend the 1G for 20 nubans and a top4 in LC

image.png.c4d690c806e0f293baa126192f01c688.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

There's 1.26M points in Seasons, 1.14M in PoV free path, and another 1.14M in PoV paid path. That's a total of 3.54M, from XP rewards only. Then you add PvP victories (150k points) and dailies (62k points), a bit of Adventure/Side quests, and you should get really close to 4M.

I'm not sure how/if these XP rewards scale up with the level. That could explain the missing ~200k points.

Given I didn't even take into consideration the Path of Valor paid path, this may explain the point difference, as I didn't even notice that in the paid path there were more XP rewards. And, yes, bonus XP rewards scale with level, being them in Seasons, in Path of Valor or in Daily Missions. The only fixed ones should be the ones in Adventure mode, and the ones in Leagues have their own formula that depends on target player level (and obviously on won or loss of the battle).

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Liliat said:

EPx10 are incredibly rare; they're only available in special events (They used to be available for 1st place in D3 as well, if I remember that correctly). Lower level players might also get them from daily rewards (At least I got some on CxH, but I don't know if that's also the case on HH).

I believe Draft Orbs also exist, but they're so rare that I can't remember where or when I saw them (If I saw them at all...). Maybe in the Anniversary PoA? (So that would be once a year, probably on the paid path).

Considering what they grant the rarity is somewhat understandable, although it of course also makes them somewhat more obscure.

I think I've also seen them as part of an offered bundle to buy, but you're right with the low level player daily rewards. In the very first batch of daily rewards a player gets when they start the game for the first time there is at least one single 10-game Epic orb available.

That has to be the one I still have in stock on my main server account.

I'm not sure though if I should still invest into the Legendary contest when I already have the harem addition. Are triple or 6-game Mythic orbs worth the effort?

I've never seen an Epic Draft orb so far, neither on the Nutaku nor the main server.

il y a 1 minute, Eckos a dit :

Are triple or 6-game Mythic orbs worth the effort?

They're especially good to catch the L5 girls from Legendary Days, when they show up in MP. With the drop rate nerf on MPx1, the MPx3 and MPx6 are (comparatively) even more valuable (You get a girl in 30 / 24 "orbs" instead of 1/150~1/200; and since you often already have at least a few shards for the L5 girls from past LD, you can get them with even less x3/x6 orbs).

Whether these L5 girls are worth something to you or not, however, is completely up to you :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liliat said:

They're especially good to catch the L5 girls from Legendary Days, when they show up in MP. With the drop rate nerf on MPx1, the MPx3 and MPx6 are (comparatively) even more valuable (You get a girl in 30 / 24 "orbs" instead of 1/150~1/200; and since you often already have at least a few shards for the L5 girls from past LD, you can get them with even less x3/x6 orbs).

Whether these L5 girls are worth something to you or not, however, is completely up to you :D

Well well, I see. So burning x1 Pachinko orbs now would help getting missed harem additions (guys in my case as I play mainly GH 😋) quicker.

Damn, I just noticed playing Mythic Pachinko on my Nutaku account would now be a waste as I was very lucky and got all two missing available candidates with x1 Mythic orbs there, the third one I already had so no more prizes to get until next day.

On the main server though I was pretty thrifty with orbs ever since I started playing at the end of October. I saved up

40x Epic x1
1x Epic x10
40 Mythic x1
5 x Mythic x3
3 x Mythic x6
2 x Great x1
15 x Great x10

orbs by now, wonder if that is sufficient for a little gambling spree and if these numbers are good for a relatively new player.

Hmm, looks like I can't get my hands on the two Mythic-6-Games-Orbs. Thanks to Limule Tempest (terrible transcription...) who is level 500, has won D3 85 times, is missing less than 10 girls in his harem and probably sits on a giant stockpile of koban and EPx10s. I guess he needs those Orbs more than anyone else. May he have them if it gives him peace of mind. ;)

But I got very lucky yesterday, so no reason to whine. A soft competition with only one real opponent who didn't even try to snipe. Less than 4M were more than enough for a first place. Could have even done without the 100K points via donations. Relaxed Legendary Contest days are the best Legendary Contest days. ^_^

Good luck to everyone who is still collecting shards for Aiko. She's extremely hot btw.
EDIT: (or should I rather say that I find her hot? her poll ratings aren't that good... is it just the art style or are redheaded girls with glasses such a niche preference?)

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 1

mh, needed some girl xp, so i dumped a shitload of money into the pachinko; after 2,5M points I got competitive cause the low level players (412, 441) really wanted to beat me. So i dumpend almost the same shitload of money into it again, but this time also with 100x GPx10 orbs. So in total 8020 single spins with money (10.498.686.900 -> returned ~3,86G + 1 free, +free mythic spin + 100 x orbs (havent selled anything from this yet)

I take the gems and the additional girl xp.

image.png.aa6a9d58bdf84e6862dcbc2b6febb80f.png

• Haha 1

And today with my 5th place ends for me the contest (happy). I needed to play the pachinko to get some new equipments so i played a lot. Unfortunately not as much as i wanted: i had to stop or i could have gone into top 4 (probably even reach the 1st place). Honestly i never liked the LC so, since technically i'm already "stealing" shards from other players, i would feel worst if i get more than what i need.

i'm "in pause" now due the next Povs coming. I'm already stocking books and gifts (pachinko should not be a problem but will see) so probably i'm not going to upgrade her yet.

Good luck mates, i'm out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Moonlynx said:

EDIT: (or should I rather say that I find her hot? her poll ratings aren't that good... is it just the art style or are redheaded girls with glasses such a niche preference?)

Definitely the art style. I'm all for redheads and glasses and the combination of those, but man, that art is so wonky.

• Like 2

I haven't upgraded her yet (and probably won't for some time) but that's a classic issue with Kinkoid's "rate the girls" survey format (and to a lesser extent, Finder's polls here, although here we can elaborate and it's not the official and global thing the masses get to answer). "Rate this amazing character's terrible rendition""Rate this bland character's bland rendition" and "Rate this terrible character's amazing rendition" are three very different propositions, but a middle-of-the-road score is all we can honestly give for all of those cases. This results in virtually no usable info in terms of feedback.

Not to mention the published survey results always shock me in a similar way huge mainstream sites like IMDB frequently shock me: basically everything gets a really high score no matter what. Sometimes one or two girls have an even higher score, and occasionally one or two girls have a medium-ish score. I don't recall ever seeing an average under 5/10 in those. This gives practically no hint whatsoever as to what players actually like or not. Oh well.

• Like 2

Le 20/12/2021 à 18:27, Derstood a dit :

Indeed, completely insane 😱. Once upon a time, we got some orbs, and they were usefull. We don't get that much any more, and they are becoming more and more useless ... or is it me ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blabla07 said:

We don't get that much any more, and they are becoming more and more useless ... or is it me ?

A bit of both. ^^

We're actually getting a lot more orbs now than in the nerfed-into-the-ground days a few months back when we had extensive discussions about it (and I posted my now-obsolete—thankfully—series of "trash bag" themed reinterpretations of a number of PoP rewards list). It's not cornupocia as it was pre-nerf, but it's actually pretty good in that regard. So you're wrong or simply out of date in your data on current orb income.

Having said that, there is now fairly conclusive data confirming our suspicions about the MPx1 drop rate having been stealth nerfed within the past couple months or so. Whether that was intentional or a misclick when they've touched up MP to remove the avatar pool, hard to tell (my money is on the latter, though ^^) but it seems pretty clear we went from our long-running pretty fair drop rate of around 2-3% back down to the horrendous 0.5%ish joke we used to have waaaay back in the day. And that sucks immensely. I hope @Noacc (oops a ping appeared in my sentence and now it's there! ^^) can please look into it and hopefully bring us good news in the near future.

However, the EPx1 drop rate seems fairly consistent with the long-time estimate. There's a lot of variance and many of us use EP orbs far less often and far fewer at a time these days compared to a year ago or so, which lead to some suspicious samples here and there, but also quite a lot of lucky streaks and just plain average runs too. So at this point no reason to suspect the EPx1 drop rate changed. Same for the LD drop rate, which raised more than a few eyebrows recently, but turned out to be most likely just the result of the community being on edge after a few recent infamous moves, and more people being suspicious of their bad runs than usual.
--------------------

Anyways, we're getting a bit too far off the topic of the current LC event, here. Let's get back on track. OT: I'm grabbing little to nothing in the post-girl contests, as expected. And that's fine. :) What about you guys?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blaa said:

mh, needed some girl xp, so i dumped a shitload of money into the pachinko; after 2,5M points I got competitive cause the low level players (412, 441) really wanted to beat me. So i dumpend almost the same shitload of money into it again, but this time also with 100x GPx10 orbs. So in total 8020 single spins with money (10.498.686.900 -> returned ~3,86G + 1 free, +free mythic spin + 100 x orbs (havent selled anything from this yet)

I don't mean to sound dismissive, but 4 million points was not a competitive bid from me. That was a greedy "maybe he's not paying attention and I can win by spending just a little bit" bid. If I were actually being competitive I would have either gone straight up to 5 million as my initial position rather than 3 million, or gone up to 6 million the moment my 3 million position go overtaken.

Time zones completely change how you play contests. I live in west coast Canada. It's 4:00 AM for me when the contest ends. This means that I am putting in my final position 2-5 hours before the contest closes depending on when I go to bed. This means that people have hours to snipe me at their leisure. The only strategy available to me is "go big or go home". Intimidation factor is important, I can't allow my competitors to build up a sunk cost that encourages them to go even higher. I need to put in massive bids that convince people it's not even worth trying to compete with me. Sometimes I can get away with just edging in a modest lead like only 1 million points, but most of the time if I want to win I have to completely and totally overwhelm.

10 hours ago, Liliat said:

On my side, I finished 9th with a bit more than 700k points :) Seeing these screenshots, I don't really feel like rushing to lvl 401...

Aiko is now ready to join my harem (But I'll wait until the last day of the contest)

There are two ways to achieve scores like this. The first is to only compete in Day 2 LC every other month and dump two months of resources on it. This is very hard to do right now given that even with the price nerf, selling items from your gpx10 spins is still where most of your ymen income comes from, and most players are desperate for as many ymens as they can get. The second approach is to have been one of the lucky few who had over 10 billion ymens banked up when the item sell price got nerfed so you can afford to throw billions of ymen in order to win these contests. And even the you've gotta be careful since you need to make that last until Kinkoid gets around to adding a new source of ymen income (and there's no guarantee how long that will take before it happens).

So if you're struggling with ymens, you can pretty much write off getting 1st place on day 2 LC. With that said, if you stay on top of your PoP collection you can definitely get top 4 by throwing a month's worth of resources at it, though it can be close and you can get knocked down to 5th even with that.

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 3

il y a 15 minutes, Attirm a dit :

There are two ways to achieve scores like this. The first is to only compete in Day 2 LC every other month and dump two months of resources on it. The second approach is to have been one of the lucky few who had over 10 billion ymens banked up when the item sell price got nerfed so you can afford to throw billions of ymen in order to win these contests. And even the you've gotta be careful since you need to make that last until Kinkoid gets around to adding a new source of ymen income (and there's no guarantee how long that will take before it happens).

While I could indeed achieve such scores, I would have to sacrifice Daily Contests (Which are still a major source of Kobans at my level; equivalent to staying in D1-16 each week). So, I'm happy while I can do both :) But I'm well aware that once I reach lvl 401+, I'll have to make choices I don't need to do at the moment. I'll also gain more Kobans from Leagues by then, so, maybe it will even out in the end. Until then, I still have almost 40 Levels to think about it :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1