Covid is real

lepidocter

Probably a lot of you observe the pandemic evolution a bit like a TV show, or a sport event, with numbers, stats, but something that's living elsewhere, in another space, sometime a fictional or a metaphorical space. Exactly as war bulletin coming from Siria or any other far away land. "Today a terrorist killed 128 muslims in Afghanistan", and, to quote a movie, 'you turn the page and get back to your scrambled eggs'.

Today Covid entered my life. My GF is positive. She felt dizzy, got headache, got fever. She's vaxed and one of the more cautious girls I ever know. She polish the same handles of her bag just cause she touched it with her hands... So  it was a very bad joss,  bad karma, bad luck event.

I feel nervous. I'm negative to COVID, for some kinda miracle such virus doesn't want to hit me, probably 'cause I'm a mecha pilot that saved the world many times, I own a power level way beyond 9000 and I can tap on my own Cosmo energy to go faster than light. No, more probably 'cause I'm fated to die in a more horrible and silly way than a worldwide pandemic.

I feel nervous, mostly for the reason 10% and more of our population is against vaxing. My brother is, for example. Someone like my brother, that fit perfectly the 'proudly ignorant' model widely spread in this time of greedy YouTubers, passed the virus to my GF.

Such novax talk about discrimination, they doesn't want to be discriminated and show some document while taking a coffee. They think one can simply ignore reality, be very very proud, and nothing can touch him. Well, they indirectly touched my GF, and that make me crazy.

Really, I'm going mad.

As long COVID doesn't enter your life, you can be rational or irrational on an abstract base. How to solve things, how things are badly managed... you can talk the same for your town soccer team. But the moment the thing touch you personally, your mind get a different perspective.

Now, I cannot even hope all the novax get infected. Many does already. And many of them, believe me or not, are dying 'cause of refusing cures. In face of death, they think again that the ITALIAN POLITICIANS are reducig their freedom. Even those beyond such idiocracy, simply state that's better to proudly die than living in fear.

Is the same as crossing a road without checking if any car is passing by. Or jumping from a bridge and hoping a cargo of cushions is passing below. You don't normally do that. They are so stupid that cannot part a safety measure from freedom.  

So I cannot hope for their extermination, while my enraged mind want for it: it's already going. They are slowly kill themselves. With painfull deaths from suffocation by their rotten lungs. How heroic to die such way.

Now, I dunno if you have some knowledge of the italian parliement. Is representative, not technical. Our Foreign Affair Minister is a guy that sold Diet Cokes in a stadium. They doesn't need to know the materia they're called to manage: they follow a method and sign documents coming from the technical offices.

Such guys cannot reduce the freedom of a mosquito. They doesn't even know what freedom is, doesn't own spectacular mass control devices, honestly speaking my mum control me way more than the entire government.

Well, one of such idiots that think the italian government is reducing their freedom passed COVID to my GF:

My GF is not a normal girl. She's probably the most innocent woman around. She continually care for any life form, she love nature to the point of listening to trees, and she often feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of modern world. She look like a toon girl made real. I dunno if my sentiment is love, but if you want for someone dreams and inner world to grow and breath 'cause you'll admire such purity and you think the entire universe benefit of such existance, maybe that's love. Who knows.

But surely I know that I  don't want for her to die (or even suffer, anyway) 'cause of the idiocracy of a number of reduced IQ people that, as they get cuddled by a methodic world of consumes, plugged their heads strongly in their own ass.

COVID is for real. Can touch people you love, can have people you like suffer, and if you prefer a fake sentiment of freedom against loving something you don't know what freedom is. What life is. Who you are. What are those sparkling lights above your head. What the f*ck are you doing everyday.

COVID now sound a lot like HIV early days. My GF told me by phone 'excuse me, it was my fault'. You cannot understand how hearing those words from such a gentle individual can tear you apart. Being infected sound as guilty. You get a purple haze all around that somehow cut you out from the context. You get touched by another, rethoric, figurative or meta reality that once was just abstract debating.

Why me? How? What people will think of me? You force a lot of people to get anxious and do tests, fearing the contagion. You feel guilty, and that sound to me another real effect of the virus. Is a very strange sensation of falling into a puddle of dark mud while walking on a sunny street. Immediatedly, you go from theorizing of a faraway land to get teleported in that land. With no hint. Immediatedly. No app notifiy you of the incoming change. No mail, no Amazon letter, SCHWAMM! and youre in another world of anxiety, uncertainity and hope.

People shouldn't NEVER use hope. Hope is used when desperation is licking your ear. Is the other side of a gloomy sentiment no one should experience.

Yeah, she will be probably get no serious damages. Probably. God please remove  that 'probably'. That's the uncertainity I'm speaking of, something no one should feel, is like playing HH and having 3 germans just some point below you in the daily mission: at the very last moment they can try to gotcha and you're done. How uncertain. How evil.

So, Covid is for real. And from now onward, my position toward novax people would be to piss in their mouth, stole their dresses, crack their credit cards and tell their kids that Santa doesn't exist. No pity, no understanding, no prissy woke inclusiveness. I simply call them their name: waste of our permissive society.

Bye.

• Sad 3

Hey there @lepidocter :)

First of all, my sincere condolences..I can only imagine how this has to feel... I really hope that you´re girlfriend will get better soon :/..

Even though this forum may not be the right place to share something like this, if you feel the need to talk about it I guess it´s ok  (since this is the off-topic part). But please try to keep it polite, ok? :) I can totally understand how you feel but it´s still not ok to insult others regardless of the reason.
It´s obviously a real concern..
for those who still don't realize it after those 2 years...well... I honestly don't know how to help them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Solion said:

There is nothing more to add. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Precisely.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:02 PM, lepidocter said:

Probably a lot of you observe the pandemic evolution a bit like a TV show, or a sport event, with numbers, stats, but something that's living elsewhere, in another space, sometime a fictional or a metaphorical space.

No. Don't assume ridiculously insulting things like that about your fellow forumers. You don't know any of us. Millions of people were and still are impacted very directly by Covid and billions indirectly. Just because this became real to you a few days ago, doesn't mean everyone else was living in a closed bubble like you apparently were before someone close to you IRL got infected and you suddenly had this realization and, consequently, the enormous nervous breakdown you posted here.

My sincere sympathies to you and I wish your GF a good recovery.

Having said that, this here forum is not the place to discuss politics, or very very major and majorly complex real-world issues and disasters. We of course understand most of the ignorant, paranoid and/or outright insulting stuff in your horrible wall of text was just you speaking directly out of your ass because you were in shock for personal reasons and you felt like blaming the entire world. Even making essentially death threats (not meant as such, and not directed at specific individuals, which is partly why I haven't moderated your shit sooner). But it doesn't make it acceptable. It just tells us, once more, that you're very young still and you have a shitload to learn about the world, about people, and about communication. You also don't speak English well enough to have a proper conversation on very serious and sensitive topics in this language, not without offending tons of people in the process at least. And that's not news.

Covid was real a long long time before your vaccinated girlfriend got infected. There's a very very high chance she'll experience mild symptoms and will be fine, thankfully. But please, think before you speak. And do not speak of world issues that are neither appropriate to discuss here, nor in your grasp as a young adult with a very limited understanding of the world around you.

I'm not going to give you any penalty for this post, and I'm not going to hide it. I'll leave it here along with this here answer to it in case someone else wants to make a post to inform their fellow hentai game players that Life is Hard, Society is Unfair, and Pain Hurts. However, WE ARE DONE HERE. I'm closing this thread and it will NOT be reopened.

Please DO let us know (in ANOTHER, more respectful Off-topic thread) when your GF gets better (hopefully), and feel free to update us on your own PERSONAL situation. I genuinely care, and so do most of us here, obviously. However, never insult us all again by assuming you're the first person in the world to experience something bad just because experiencing it made you realize it exists in the first place. We're not your parents, and a lot of forum regulars are twice your age or more. You don't want to know what pain and misery many of us went through or are still going through in our real adult lives, son. Trust me on that. You're not even somewhat close to ready.

@Noacc @Magrat and at Fellow Mods: I know I said I would leave this one to you, but since it's been a couple days, I went through the very painful experience of reading Lepid's entire post, and that shit is far too serious for me to leave as is. Please don't take offense, but this had to be done. Pinging CMs so we're all on the same page and I'll proceed to chat with you guys on Discord in a moment.

Best regards.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1