Forum

Kaitana

For long, when we click on 'unread content' in this forum, everything we had not read yet will be displayed. That's logical, but is it possible to add the name of the game in the title of the displayed threads ? Or not giving the exact same name to multiple forums ?

When the langage is different it's easy to know where you are, but if not, you could be in the forum of three games without knowing. These three games are different (maybe the core mechanics is the same, but the existing features are not), sometimes you even don't play the game and have pretty nothing to answer. 

I think it would be good to identify where you are when you have followed this link.

And, second, I don't know if it's relative to browsers, but on this page (unread content) the words are not in the correct order. It says something like 'subject answered to a [writer A] from [writer B]'. The meaning is understandable, but not at the beginning.

• Like 2

Your ideas make perfect sense to me. I don't use this particular option myself, but yeah, each sub-forum has basically the same structure with the same names for most of the sections, and it's easier and clearer that way in general... except obviously if when you click on "Unread Content" you end up with a combo of every sub-forum's "Suggestions" section all mixed up, for instance, that's not ideal.

Having said that, I'm not sure the system used for the forums would make it easy or even possible to implement or not. We have a fair bit of limitations, and since the last big format makeover and URL change, whenever something either doesn't work or we would like to add something, it's basically been a matter of whether @Noacc has the option or can find a way to make it work on his end or not. Other CMs likely have the same admin rights as him, but he's been the one digging in, fixing and changing stuff bit by bit for the most part, and since the backend isn't exactly intuitive either, let alone teeming with ready-made features easy enough to implement, it's safer and simpler not to have multiple admins changing stuff independently.

He's on holidays right now (and well tonight is New Year's Eve, so... ^^). Let's see what he says next year, okay?