Peeping Malina is way too hard to get (from Champions)

Wizardofecchi

Edit: Peeping Malina is obtainable in pachinko. The following is an explanation of why the champions method of getting her isn't feasible:

Peeping Malina is obtained by winning segments from a Whaty in the champion section.  Each segment win takes several tickets and time/kobans, and then when that section is won, assuming all prizes are equally likely, you'd have only a one in seven (14.2%) chance to win 20 shards of her.  Then, you'd have to wait 24 hours for the next chance.  You also can't win her from the last segment, so to obtain her without paying the 400 koban skip price, you'd have to win the 14% roll every single day to just barely get her.  The odds of this happening in the 8 day time frame naturally (without expensive skips) are worse than 1 in 10,000.

Even if you brute force your way to doing it by paying the 400 koban reset price, as well as the null segment at the end, You'd need to win 35 eligible segments on average to get to 100 shards, which counting the null segments at the end you'd be forced to do, would equal 43-44 segments.  If it takes 20 tickets and 400 kobans per segment, that would work out to 800+ tickets and 17,000+ kobans.  The Koban part alone is more than you would pay to get a mythic girl.  And that's just with AVERAGE luck.  Can you imagine blowing like 1000 tickets and tons of kobans and being stuck short of the goal with no tickets left because of bad RNG?

Until this is fixed to be sane, I would recommend not even trying this, unless you have a LOT of tickets, and feel lucky.

Proposed solution:  IMO, the easiest fix here is to just make her worth 100 shards when you roll her.  You'd still need 8 total segment wins (counting the null one) to get her with average luck.  IMO, it would still just be better to get her in pachinko, but at least it's thinkable for people who have a lot of tickets.

Edited by Wizardofecchi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Wizardofecchi changed the title to Peeping Malina is way too hard to get (from Champions)

Yeah, this is basically pointless. It would be barely doable in time without costing too much in kobans if the shard drops were guaranteed. As it currently is, at best you can grab a few epic flower bunches when you get her from pachinko.

• Like 3

I agree with this, but am going for it due to the bolded:

14 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

It would be barely doable in time without costing too much in kobans if the shard drops were guaranteed. As it currently is, at best you can grab a few epic flower bunches when you get her from pachinko.

I'm currently on stage 4, and figure it's a couple free shots at some bunches of flowers.

I think a better method would be guaranteed 20 shards, plus a larger shard payout on stage 5 completion, say 50-60 shards. That would require 3-4 runs, but one could simply know that the flowers would be coming if you don't finish.

• Like 5

"Peeping Malina is way too hard to get (from Champions)"

I agree with that. The game is developing in an ugly direction. The requirements for the events are getting higher and higher. Without (many) Kobans these can no longer be achieved. At the winter event it was already that the requirements suddenly increased significantly.
Too bad.

In addition, the fights against the champions have also been made more difficult, which costs a lot more tickets and time.

Edited by MrFluffy1
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, this is basically pointless.

Agreed. Back when this was first announced I had high hopes that the game developers were moving towards making the Champions relevant once again. I mean, the basic idea of Sex Champions being unable to get new girls while Villains' have no trouble finding them is really sad. So, to see a girl being offered was refreshing at first glance. To discover that said girl would take almost the same resource commitment one has to make to get a Mythic girl was a major disappointment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MDuss said:

And the drop for tickes is reduced too in the PoP.

The problem is that there's a huge difference in the ticket needs of those who still have to get the Champion girls, and those of us who already have them. The only champion fights I do outside of events are the Club Champion, and PoP easily gives me more tickets than I actually need for that so they just keep stockpiling up higher and higher. I've got 5200 champion tickets right now. Kinkoid sees players like me and interprets that as "we're giving away too many tickets" and cuts back for everyone, which screws over the players who actually need them. The reason players like me keep accruing more and more champion tickets is because we don't need them for anything.

The introduction of the easy gpx10 orbs from PoP did more to cause my champion ticket stockpile to balloon than the ticket rewards themselves. Before PoP were introduced champions were by far the best way to grind for ymens, so I was burning my tickets on a monthly basis to get ymens. The instant the gpx10 orbs came along and gave us a better option I stopped farming champions. The game has changed since then and champions are not and (barring major rebalancing) never will be a viable source of ymens. Champions give a fraction of the ymens payout that they used to, while regular ymen expenses are several times higher than they were back in the "pre-PoP" era, so they simply are not a meaningful source of ymen income today.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

And additional to that what Attirm said is that Champions will go harder and harder and with the awakenings the problem increases because you can't level so much girls that you surely have a good team to beat them. If you forced to make more stages you will hit the wall earlier. The solution could be to get a possibility to get shards from a performance and not from the stage. Could be a 50% dropchance, but the chance should not be lower than 25% in remind of newer players. To me it was also a thinkful option to modify the dropchance for players like the tPoPs level - the higher you are in theese levels (and also get more tickets) so lower is the dropchance - if they want to reduce the stocked tickets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDuss said:

And the drop for tickes is reduced too in the PoP.

According to my stats the ticket drop rate has been reduced only for the second permanent PoP (from 35% to 22%) and for social distances (from 60% to 30%).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Attirm said:

The reason players like me keep accruing more and more champion tickets is because we don't need them for anything.

They're still definitely needed for PoA (and there's a PoV further down the line that will require fighting them too). I often do a few extra full cycles on the three less frighteningly strong of them each month, usually while I'm at it after finishing the PoA tasks. Those +10 Kisses per cycle aren't much, but when I'm already in full storage mode for the following month's first KC, they add up pretty nicely.

2 hours ago, Attirm said:

The instant the gpx10 orbs came along and gave us a better option I stopped farming champions.

Sure. But GPx10s themselves were then nerfed to -90% of the Ymen value we used to extract from them. In the current state of the game's economy, both Ymens and tickets are way too scarce overall (after being way too plentiful for a long time). Many players still have huge stocks of either or both, so they might not feel the drought yet, but unless something else is changed, most players should run out sooner or later.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sure. But GPx10s themselves were then nerfed to -90% of the Ymen value we used to extract from them

Even in their nerfed state, the sale price of goods you will get from one GPx10 spin is around 10 times higher than the winnings for a champion battle. It really goes to show how nothing else in the game can really replace that lost income when they're still the best form of ymen income by an order of magnitude after the nerf.

Expenditures have increased dramatically over the past few years, and it was only reasonable because GPx10 was busted. In many ways the GPx10 orbs are still busted compared to other sources of income, it's just that the expenditure requirements are even more busted than that. Probably the best solution is just to buff the shit out of every other source of ymen income. If villains gave around 250k per fight and champions gave 2 million per fight, then you could very reasonably get around 1 billion per month income with GPx10, champions, and villains, which would be sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You forgett new palyers DvDivXXX.

Thge chance for eew player have are getting lower and lower each time something is "rebalanced". The develpoers focus only to the long player here.

So when a new players cme and see this all, the go away directly.

MfG
MDuss

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, MDuss said:

You forgett new palyers DvDivXXX.

I wonder what gave you this impression? On the contrary, I completely agree with you. I'm often complaining about how hard it is for those of us who started "too late" due to the gross imbalance the game has basically always had with a completely unfair and illogical "older account? you win!" approach to "competing in PvP", among many other things. And that's typically having in mind players like me who started the game 2 and a half years ago now (and are dedicated, patient and hardcore as hell in their approach and long-term strategy).

It goes without saying that I wouldn't even bother starting the game as it is today. And I already felt that way before the game-shattering Awakenings patch definitely closed the door on any potential future players who aren't either utterly casual and with zero interest in ever being competitive (or growing a decent collection, for that matter, since the two go hand in hand), OR very rich and okay with taking the recently-introduced purely P2W route to "catching up".

EDIT: Regarding the specific topic this thread is about, I posted this in the Patch Notes thread back when this was still the latest patch:

Does it sound like I'm forgetting about new (or future) players to you? ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2