55 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Angelic Lenaelle

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

il y a 41 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

Someone needs to have a word with the content writers. I know it's just been New Years, but come on, you can't still be hung over!

I noticed that the description was weird and didn't really match Lenaëlle, but I couldn't quite figure it out. Nice catch :D

Here we are: Lenaelle wow. I like her a lot and she is totally in my thoughts, that said i have to consider that there will (could/one day/maybe) be the return of Nike (i liked Saint seiya a lot when i was a little boy) and there is the (remote/maybe no/maybe one day/in a thousand years) possibility that a mythic Karole will appear... So i'm mostly on the "no, stop it, don't do it" side. 

So this time i'll probably pass, again she is very good but simply i have to be careful. I think we can say that i'm "currently burning" like... let's see.. i'm with the eight gate of death open atm (who saw naruto can understand). Always boosted, doing many events, etc. Basically i have to measure my strength to last long enough till the game is "generous and balanced" again :).

Probably the best thing i can do now is have at least one mythic for each element. So i'll wait for a voyeur one: Nike was? oh what a coincidence...it is destiny then XD

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xemnas said:

Here we are: Lenaelle wow. I like her a lot and she is totally in my thoughts, that said i have to consider that there will (could/one day/maybe) be the return of Nike (i liked Saint seiya a lot when i was a little boy) and there is the (remote/maybe no/maybe one day/in a thousand years) possibility that a mythic Karole will appear... So i'm mostly on the "no, stop it, don't do it" side. 

So this time i'll probably pass, again she is very good but simply i have to be careful. I think we can say that i'm "currently burning" like... let's see.. i'm with the eight gate of death open atm (who saw naruto can understand). Always boosted, doing many events, etc. Basically i have to measure my strength to last long enough till the game is "generous and balanced" again :).

Probably the best thing i can do now is have at least one mythic for each element. So i'll wait for a voyeur one: Nike was? oh what a coincidence...it is destiny then XD

Don´t forget Mythic Norou :P

She´s great like all the other mythics but there are quite a few I like more than her :)

• Haha 1

ok I chose to take a more literal meaning to the "woolly" comment, but I don't see any issue with gently reminding the powers that be that "something" was promised in Feb (or Mar) that will be something interesting, and that Mythic Revival was included in the same sentence though it wasn't specifically linked. Based on the initial promise of revivals I have partially collected a couple of girls but the resources used to obtain those shards has been wasted until the revivals are brought back. I can't believe I am the only one in this situation so the sooner they come back the happier I will be 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There were still a few hundred shards left on Nutaku at 8am this morning (45 min ago) and it looks likely to be the same at 10am. That seems a little early to be reaching the 'perma shard availability' stage. I wonder if the likes of @DvDivXXX and the others who are going for the 7 Mythic power play quitting MD is reducing demand a little already?

How is everyone finding the drop rates? I've used more Combativity than usual at this stage due to an aligning DC (~370), but I'm seeing awful drop rates. Never had less than 6.5% on previous MDs, but currently sitting on 3.5%. Likely just RNG, but I find myself less willing to trust on MD so just wondering if others are seeing normal rates. I think the SP booster likely cut the cost of MD by more than KK expected and have been anticipating them nerfing the drop rate to compensate ever since.

On HH there are currently 302 shards left, next re-set in in 1h 1m, so I'd say slowing down a bit quicker then usual.

Can't help with drop rate as not going for her even though I do need a seventh girl. Depending on my resources (and if revivals come back) I'll probably get more then 7, trying for a mix of the different blessings. From what I remember from @DvDivXXXcomments I thought they wanted more then 7 but were not going for this one (or even next few) as lacking resources ?

Edited by Incubys
Clarification of point
  • Like 2

there might be plenty of reasons:

- holidays

- lesser interests from players: artwise, competitive reasons, upgrading reasons, ressource reasons, ...

- less players (kk forced a lot of high level players off the game)

- still drunk from 31th december

- past events robbed players of their kobans

players who care (about pvp) will still go for her, eventually they can upgrade her, but you never know when and how she will come back

• Like 4

il y a 29 minutes, blaa a dit :

Considering the huge success of Finalmecia last month, and the double PoA (some players still went for it), I think it's an important reason :)

il y a une heure, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

How is everyone finding the drop rates?

8.9% so far; 36 Shards in 203 fights (18 drops with booster). I like that! :) I was at 6.7% and 5.8% for the previous MDs, so that's a refreshing change. Although there is still a long way to go, so bad luck might be waiting around the corner :D

• Like 4

il y a 12 minutes, Pelinor a dit :

Angelic Lenaëlle is now mine! 16.9k kobans needed to make it happen which almost equates to a $100 koban purchase. Next Mythic push for me will be in April unless something changes.

How is that even possible? With boosters and 0 free combativity, that would imply a drop rate of 3.2%, which is waaay below the worst 1% scenario (even the worst 0.1%). Did you just brute-force it? 😄

3 hours ago, Incubys said:

"something" was promised in Feb (or Mar) that will be something interesting

Knowing Rosso a bit after listening to hours of him answering questions (and also looking back at the game's history, notably how many ages it took for some essential things to go from "savvy players gave feedback" to "devs acknowledged it's needed" to "it's done!"... when the last step even happened yet). I wouldn't hold my breath. And definitely don't interpret anything he said in that Q&A as a promise, especially not in terms of time frame. His English isn't too bad, but he's far from fluent, and he was very hesitant and unsure at many points in the excerpts I've transcribed. I didn't add all these mid-sentence pauses, repetitions and inconsistencies. To get a more accurate picture of what he was really trying to say, replace "we will" by "we would like to", "we hope we can" and/or "we are tentatively considering".

I mean, in that same Q&A (near the end, I'm not pulling the audio again for that sorry), when asked if Karole would eventually be a collectible character, he also said something along the lines of "Hm, yes... It could happen. Errr... It WILL happen... EVERYTHING will happen eventually." You can bet kobans to donuts that it's not happening anytime soon. (I mention this specifically because a few players have been getting their hopes up on that one, among other random tidbits).

3 hours ago, Incubys said:

From what I remember from @DvDivXXXcomments I thought they wanted more then 7 but were not going for this one (or even next few) as lacking resources ?

Exactly. Although what he meant (or at least what he ended up implementing) is very different from what most of us either understood or hoped he meant, Rosso certainly didn't lie a few Q&As ago when he said that the game would give us more choices. Most of those choices are unfortunately which event or permanent features you can afford and which you can't. Because there's no way to keep up on all monthly events as a non-VIP player anymore (even if you perform really well). Except for those who still have immense stashes of free resources from back when the game was insanely generous to the top-performing veterans, and nobody else. Which leads me to...

3 hours ago, blaa said:

players who care (about pvp) will still go for her

No. Only those who are either VIP paying customers and/or were in the right place at the right time during the couple of years where having an old account and playing decently in D3 gave you mountains of resources every week. Those of us who compete seriously but have neither of those in-game super-powers can't afford MD every month, not unless we're okay with giving up on PoV and/or PoA, which would be a big mistake (at least until we're Level 500 too). Which finally leads me to...

4 hours ago, Incubys said:

the sooner [past MD girls] come back the happier I will be

Not me! It goes without saying that not being able to afford regular MD also means I couldn't afford MD Revivals if they actually hit us with them soon. It would just be frustrating but I'd have to let them pass me by again. And with the level of emphasis on "exclusive", "limited quantities" and "you won't see a lot of MD girls coming back"... The later, the better, as far as I'm concerned. ^^

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Liliat said:

How is that even possible? With boosters and 0 free combativity, that would imply a drop rate of 3.2%, which is waaay below the worst 1% scenario (even the worst 0.1%). Did you just brute-force it? 😄

Completely a brute force "gimme the girl" effort (used part of my Holiday overtime check to pay for it).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

not unless we're okay with giving up on PoV and/or PoA, which would be a big mistake (at least until we're Level 500 too)

That is what i was thinking to do, but it feel a mistake to me too. Unfortunately it is better to invest in the Pov atm, just for that exp Also in the Poa for the orbs and the "guaranteed girls in the classic". I agree also on the "is not mythic revival that we are going to get", it might be something happy (like the guild improvement) or, and at this point is what i fear XD, another koban demanding thing.

11 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

The later, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

On this part i don't know.... i want my NIke :) and i'm being careful because of that. All the Mythic are super good (at my eyes at least) but not all of them are a priority for me. Example: if Mythic revivals are going to happen, i would wait for this mythic than going for...uhm let's see... Alexa (ofc nothing against her, only Lenaelle is more "suited" for my tastes). But if we talk about the pvp... well probably yeah better if they come when i can afford them all XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Because there's no way to keep up on all monthly events as a non-VIP player anymore (even if you perform really well). Except for those who still have immense stashes of free resources from back when the game was insanely generous to the top-performing veterans, and nobody else. Which leads me to...

yeah, not sure about that, so far i still have a small nuban increase per month, but eventually I will hit the road down the hill too, i am afraid. Especially if they implement more test events or just add other events which require kobans but they dont give more of free kobans at the same time - we'll see, but, so far, it seems doable to me (and that with wasting kobans on league for unnecessary AMEs or refills)

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

No. Only those who are either VIP paying customers and/or were in the right place at the right time during the couple of years where having an old account and playing decently in D3 gave you mountains of resources every week. Those of us who compete seriously but have neither of those in-game super-powers can't afford MD every month, not unless we're okay with giving up on PoV and/or PoA, which would be a big mistake (at least until we're Level 500 too). Which finally leads me to...

Not me! It goes without saying that not being able to afford regular MD also means I couldn't afford MD Revivals if they actually hit us with them soon. It would just be frustrating but I'd have to let them pass me by again. And with the level of emphasis on "exclusive", "limited quantities" and "you won't see a lot of MD girls coming back"... The later, the better, as far as I'm concerned. ^^

1 hour ago, Xemnas said:

That is what i was thinking to do, but it feel a mistake to me too. Unfortunately it is better to invest in the Pov atm, just for that exp Also in the Poa for the orbs and the "guaranteed girls in the classic". I agree also on the "is not mythic revival that we are going to get", it might be something happy (like the guild improvement) or, and at this point is what i fear XD, another koban demanding thing.

yes, it seems, like most players are back to not completing every event with f2p. Btw. that's how I played the game until the middle of 2021, i only started clearing all events then (also one reason why I have still plenty of kobans left even though i never was a top league player). But there is no reason (in sense of necessity) why you should skip MD instead of PoV or PoA. You might even prefer to skip one of these, since it sounded like MD girls will be the hardest to get, even if there will be revivals. You could argue PoV and PoA girls will become easier to achievable in the future than MD girls. MD girls will also bring you more in PvP eventually (still the biggest koban income for f2p).

By the way, I never said, people who care for PvP go for every mythic, but specifically for her, because she's a) sensual mythic and b) the mythic with the highest chance to be blessed.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1

35 minutes ago, blaa said:

By the way, I never said, people who care for PvP go for every mythic, but specifically for her, because she's a) sensual mythic and b) the mythic with the highest chance to be blessed.

And to balance out those of us who picked up the Royal Housemaid, only to have her hair colour nerfed to non-occurring colour weeks after we picked her up.....

Actually, I'd missed/forgotten that Lenaelle had a double hair colour putting her joint with Bunna as the best Mythic. A very good extra reason to pick her up.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, blaa said:

there might be plenty of reasons:

- holidays

- lesser interests from players: artwise, competitive reasons, upgrading reasons, ressource reasons, ...

- less players (kk forced a lot of high level players off the game)

- still drunk from 31th december

players who care (about pvp) will still go for her, eventually they can upgrade her, but you never know when and how she will come back

It's probably a mixture of all of the above.

I know I've followed the Head Dev's advice and cut down to logging once a day in order to read the story (Paraphrasing: "If you're only interested in story and don't want to do PvP, you can do that!"). If the only answer to the overload of events/activities is to ignore what we don't want to see, then so be it. (I don't think it's a good suggestion for the company in the long run, though, because "playing" less than suboptimally makes me want to abandon the game for good, so yea). I guess my meagre dollars are not worth it, anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have got Angelic Lenaelle today when shards depleting rate slowed. Truly pretty girl. :x

713 battles, 50 drops, 100 shards, 7,01% drop rate, 7857 kobans used (+ 5 SP costing 2700 kobans) for a total of 10557 kobans.

In addition I received 47 Tickets, 58 MPx1 orbs, and 480 exhibitionist and 465 physical gems.

image.png.c0c70983348854dea1cda61efa306e5c.png

• Like 4

I must say that reading you is as interesting as terrifying from a "new player" pov there :P 

Thanks for sharing your stats!

But is there any point in rushing the mythic girl the first/second day? I thought that you would all be trying to use your "natural roll" the first two days and then rush it at the end, but I see that you're quite a lot to rush it with Koban. 

ATM the shard on HH were over the 9000 bar so ppl should be slowly getting their Mythic if i understand the whole system correctly

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, Boulie2 a dit :

But is there any point in rushing the mythic girl the first/second day? I thought that you would all be trying to use your "natural roll" the first two days and then rush it at the end, but I see that you're quite a lot to rush it with Koban. 

If you're only going for the Mythic girl, waiting is best, indeed. You want to use as much free combativity as possible, to save Kobans. But if you're gonna try to get Classic Event girls as well, it doesn't really matter; you'll need your extra combativity there as well. To fully optimize MD, you need to sacrifice 6 days of Classic Event (out of 9).

You should also be careful not to wait for too long. It won't be the case for Lenaëlle this month, but last month, there were no shards left on the last day on HH.com (not sure about Nutaku). And you never know when the server might be shut down unexpectedly for a few hours, so the more you wait, the riskier it gets.

And finally, patience (or lack thereof) is also an important factor :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 1 minute, Liliat a dit :

To fully optimize MD, you need to sacrifice 6 days of Classic Event (out of 9).

Ok, you lost me there (may be because i'm dumb, or because i'm really bad in English xd )

Why 6 days?

You keep 20 from before the start of the event (so ~half the day before) then use everything you have for the 3 days of the event, then that's it

.... No? 

il y a 3 minutes, Liliat a dit :

You should also be careful not to wait for too long. It won't be the case for Lenaëlle this month, but last month, there were no shards left on the last day on HH.com (not sure about Nutaku). And you never know when the server might be shut down unexpectedly for a few hours, so the more you wait, the riskier it gets.

Ho... Didn't think of that you're right. Thanks!

(Coming back to this game is harder than I thought :D )

il y a 5 minutes, Boulie2 a dit :

You keep 20 from before the start of the event (so ~half the day before) then use everything you have for the 3 days of the event, then that's it

.... No? 

You may also want to keep all the free combativity rewards from the previous month season and PoA. That's up to 116 combativity (1250 Kobans), or even more with the paid paths, but it means you can't rely on natural combativity regen from the end of the previous month to the 3rd day of the current month, losing another 3 days of Classic Event.