Playing ALL Events Without Real-Money: Who Can Still Achieve That, Why and How?

holymolly

On 1/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, DvDivXXX said:

The amount of goods that 7,200 kobans give for the PoA's extra path is the best "value" in the game. That's objective, that's not me assuming anything about anybody's preferences.

I mean even KK says PoA is the best value in the game.. I mean we get a big discount.. we only pay 7,2k instead of the 27k it "should normally cost" :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Forgot to nitpick on that real quick ^^ (Gotta love your joke right above, though ❤️ )

2 hours ago, holymolly said:

LC´s: no expense in this case (I´ve never had to use kobans for this event on either of my accounts)

Your accounts may vary, but there's something called the BoD (Bracket of Death). That's when you suddenly go from being one of the oldest kid in your school to one of the youngest in whatever the next-level school happens to be called in your country/region/metric system. :D In HH, that's when you go from LC being a pure freebie you couldn't avoid getting even if you wanted to, to reaching Level 401 and LC becoming a hell of a tough event unless you devote some serious-ass resources to it and prepare weeks in advance.

It doesn't last forever (it's starting to get a bit easier again for me at Level 452 now), but it's never really a free event once you graduate from 400- school. ^^

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Forgot to nitpick on that real quick ^^ (Gotta love your joke right above, though ❤️ )

Your accounts may vary, but there's something called the BoD (Bracket of Death). That's when you suddenly go from being one of the oldest kid in your school to one of the youngest in whatever the next-level school happens to be called in your country/region/metric system. :D In HH, that's when you go from LC being a pure freebie you couldn't avoid getting even if you wanted to, to reaching Level 401 and LC becoming a hell of a tough event unless you devote some serious-ass resources to it and prepare weeks in advance.

It doesn't last forever (it's starting to get a bit easier again for at Level 452 now), but it's never really a free event once you graduate from 400- school. ^^

If you understand German, I´d now say: Bleibt doch einfach sitzen und wiederhols Jahr :D ;) (= means as much as don´t graduate to the 400+ school )
EDIT: jokes aside: Yeah I mean you definitely have to plan for it like saving orbs, all xp from season, etc... otherwise it´s getting time consuming ^^)

Also @bolitho76 thx I knew I forgot something hence the disclaimer :D  yeah it´s still quite though for a big part of the community but that´s how it is unfortunately ^^ .. that´s also why I advice everyone to use the script and IF you´re ok with spending something on the game than the season pass is a great value (I mean we play the game for several hours pretty much every day so 5 bucks a month ain´t that bad imho)

• Haha 2

With the paid path you definitly didn't need to invest Koban in KC and also the other events are much smoother, but that's not more f2p and the challenge is much lesser to reach your goals. 😄

"Blut und Wasser schwitzen"(translation: to be in a cold sweat; meaning: work very hard for your goal) is a part of the gaming experience (certainly in my case) 😉

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, natstar said:

If you already had a lot of hentaiclicker girls that saves you kobans every month due to getting the girl without having to do pvp which is a advantage over people without them

You'd think so, and if they eventually (*cough* not in five years, okay? *cough* ^^) keep their promises and make things right for us poor ex-HCL players, this will become a reality. But it's Kinkoid we're talking about! ^^ Always expect the unexpected. Thanks to the very slow-burn compensation they offered us when they dropped HCL, I'm in theory entitled to get my 45 HCL refugees for free once they make their way into HH. So far, I've received 5 KC girls this way (from KC #1-4 and #11) out of 18 KCs in total (and my spidey sense already tells me that neither of the January ones will be from my list either). I also received 1 free EP girl (Alt. Bunny), 1 girl that was going to be free for everybody anyway (Alt. Lyrsa, who was turned into the free adventure girl for completing World 15), and the 6 girls they've placed on Sake's Tier 1 (for some reason), which arguably would never have costed me kobans to grab either (though I got them earlier, at least).

That's 13 down, 32 to go in my case, but only 6 of them actually spared me any kobans (and 1 was basically scrapped from my list completely). And only 5 of those were KC girls. There are a LOT of classic HCL girls they have yet to transfer to HH, but they've been adding quite a lot of previously unreleased HCL girls instead, including a whole bunch all at once in the EP at some point (something like 6 or 8? I don't remember exactly), and the most recent KC girl as of this writing, Gorsha, which no one got for free, even if they had a complete HCL collection back in February of last year when "The (Lack of) Future of Hentai Clicker" was sealed.

And it's been 10 months. The last time I've received an actual girl that would have otherwise costed me hard in-game resources was in September, and the one before that in March. So... Yeah, we did get a bit of an advantage there, but it's clearly very far from what I initially expected. And definitely not a steady, reliable monthly advantage.

• Sad 1

i havent had time to check all the kobans you can get and you have to invest, but at least for me, it's more or less break even; but, you are right @holymollythat's not enough for a regular f2p player; and honestly, i think that's okay, you should get everything every month as a f2p, you have to take priorities. Eventually I will be in the same boat, i am just lucky my bankroll is higher atm. That being said, a better balance should still be found.

@DvDivXXXthanks for the answer - just to be clear: There was never a problem on my side; just wanted to point out that there are other ways to 'value' an event. My thinking starts in/from plurality (so there are plenty of regards to one issue) and explicates one or more regards (and hence there shouldnt be a away to set one regard absolute, even though it happens to often (for me)).  Everything else we could discuss on discord, but there is no need (for me). Especially if you dont like to talk about this kind of topics (relation of language, text, logic, perception, etc. pp.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Answering the original question, I am completely F2P and do almost all the events.

The only PoA I haven't finished was the crazy one mid-month in December. I've finished both PoV.  I won't do every Mythic Days, but I now have 8 Mythics. Note that I have a Koban stash that would've allowed me to do that, but I chose not to do it, or had issues with available time that meant it wouldn't be prudent. Epic/Legendary days are mostly get free shards for me. I envision a point in time where I possibly won't pay for the extra path of PoV, but for now, it's good for me.

What I've been unable to do ever is get a top 4 finish in D3, and honestly in almost any league. Last week, I decided to take a chance, bought 2 AM boosters, and ended up 6th. It was an experiment to see what could happen with using those boosters. I feel pretty confident that 1 AM booster will allow me to regularly get top 15 again. That's an investment I can live with, as it's a small benefit.

Regarding the economics discussion, sometimes you want to be on the sidelines and not investing when you are unsure what to do. When awakenings were announced, I decided to push to get girls up, but knowing that I don't spend real money meant I needed a plan. However, various real-life issues meant I had way less time to spend working on a spreadsheet for a plan, so I was winging it for a while, and going conservative.   

Now I've had time to catch up and formulate a plan. So it's time to see if I can get back to regular top 15 D3 finishes. I do think that the contraction of the playerbase has increased the difficulty, though.

• Thanks 1