Is anyone advancing in Seasons anymore?

Gotaku

Hi everyone. ComixH Seasons has been getting consistently harder in the last seasons. I never aimed to be a top player in the game, but keep getting shoved into the Top 1000 or far higher (Top 300) no matter what I do to delay getting in the same grouping as the big spenders. This kinda worked so far, but now however it appears I am actually completely stuck on this side of the game. I can barely move anywhere from level 24 to level 25, its just 50/50 win/loss all the time or worse, and looking at the rest of the playerbase, neither can anyone else move: everyone seems to be stuck at level 25 (on HH we'd be in the 30s by now).

What are everyone else's experiences dealing with this? I barely reached to rewards in-time needed for the Legendary Contest and PoA last month, I fear the situation is even worse now. Like a huge traffic jam, everyone just sitting in place and the active players can't go forward because they are keeping each other down. 😞

• Like 1

I'm tier 37 on HH, and tier 29 at CxH right now.

In CxH I'm also experiencing trouble getting to last xp reward and and a girl in time for legendary contests.

The explanation I'm giving to myself is - there are not enough players in CxH right now for the same experience as HH. Players are generally closer to each other in level and mojo. Good portion of higher leveled players are competing in ToF league using boosters. Setting aside economy of doing it in S2, we still see same players in seasons. It is a traffic jam indeed.

With more casual and/or newer players in the seasons across all tiers, we wouldn't be as bunched up as we are now.

It's become super small. Half the Top 1000 players is now at lvl 26, so low.

At least 2 out of 3 players is playing boosted every day in my experience, it's crazy. Not just traffic, but traffic where everyone has spend money on a Formula 1 car that doesnt go anywhere (I am completely out of Ymen every day). I know Kinkoid is never going to do anything about it, but it would be smart to lower temporarily the loss costs + higher win reward, that should spread the smaller playerbase more out over the field.

Edited by Gotaku

Last month I experienced that same problem for a few days, I was worried like you are now, but in the end I was able to advance and get the last XP in time for LC and of course the second girl later.

Don't worry and just keep doing your season battles until you start to slowly advance again, the jam will dispel by itself in time. You just need to do over 2 wins for every loss to start advancing.

This month has been a lot easier (until now) and surprisingly I am at tier 34. (For comparison tier 36 in HH where I am a lot stronger)

And both months without any booster.

Honestly, I don't think I am. The previous season was the first since I started playing that I wasn't able to get the second girl. I have no idea if the stupid gems is the reason as it seems many players leveled their girls way beyond the avatar level to benefit from the higher stats, or if they are boosted all season, but I can't compete any more. And this season is even worse as I am stuck at level 22-23 for a few days now and a couple of times I even lost rating after using 10 kisses. The matchmaking system in particular is significantly worse and it looks like they tweaked season progression to make it impossible to reach the second girl without a serious investment. It's quite obvious that they want you to buy the season pass if you want to get the second girl, because previously anyone could it easily if they visited the game every 6-8 hours.

It's a blessing that the girls of the previous season and even the girls of this season didn't interest me much so I can skip a few seasons. This fiasco has significantly lessened my interest in the game as well, to the point I consider dropping it altogether. Every new change they introduce makes the game far worse than it was, and for what the game is, it feels like it got too complicated to calculate if you can win against a team or not. I mean, what is the point of the "total power" score of a team if teams with less total power have +30% on Ego and damage? The system makes no sense.

Edited by Anarky

@Anarky

Consider two rules:

1. The more you win, the harder your opponents become.
  2. The more time passes, the easier your opponents become.

The player trap you are experiencing works like this - newer players run head first into stronger opponents and think they can buy their way to win. It won't work.

Solution is to be patient, get more levels, equips, and upgrade your team. Once you're a couple of months into the game, you can get two girls without spending kobans on seasons.

To be fair, that's the situation on KK.

I started on ComicH with everyone else, am experienced and know how to play optimised, but so are the thousand other people at my level. It's incomparable to HH, there really is an absolute deadlock going on on the sub-high level. It's not just in the PvP, you can even see it in the contests.

Like yesterday was an xp-contest. 50 people in my poule. The Top 10 had insane millions of points scores you dont see outside of Legendary Contests (on HH), which ye know, can happen, there was a new path too and big spenders are impatient. The point is; that all 50 players in the contest had the maximum daily xp-score, all of them. I actually ended up dead last because i was the only one saving energy for LC. But those are the sorts of things that tell you just how active everyone is even outside the highest level. It's not just a layer of strong players and whales you have to deal with, everyone below that layer is also optimised and boosting like crazy. And not just normal boosting, about 1 in 3 players in S1 is using the paid Mythic too. And its very hard to drop below these layers, I keep trying but you just get kicked back up because of the low player numbers compared to HH and there are no slacker/afk accounts to jump on like in HH.

UPDATE: much time later and the low end of the Top 1000 players is weeks away from getting the first big XP shard, meaning even most of the TOP players in CH are at least a week behind schedule.

Edited by Gotaku

On 1/8/2022 at 5:59 PM, Anarky said:

and a couple of times I even lost rating after using 10 kisses. 

I think aswell using the 10x you've got to remember as you gain a win your mojo goes up against there's so you end up overtaking other players total mojo and get crap gains I think I got 66 and something similar after a few 10x plays so Im just sticking to single goes at the moment

I'll reiterate here something I've shared before, my method of avoiding getting stuck in whale-only territory.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:02 AM, FinderKeeper said:

Consider two rules:

1. The more you win, the harder your opponents become.
  2. The more time passes, the easier your opponents become.

Personally I'd say there's two additional rules for Seasons:

3. You can only lose Mojo if you attack someone and they beat you... if they attack you and you lose, your Mojo is unchanged.
4. There's no reward for being ranked higher in Seasons, all that matters is reaching the important tiers.

So following these rules you might reason out some other alternatives.

When you are NOT using kisses by fighting other players, the hours while you wait for the kisses to regenerate, you should switch out your team of girls.

By all means, have a team of your best girls for when you are attacking but when you're not then you want - even need - other players to be able to beat you.

They beat you, they gain Mojo and move up the ranks and you down but you don't lose any Mojo in doing so.

Now you should be amongst weaker players who didn't have the girls strong enough to beat your best team, so switch back over and attack them.

Unlike other competitive challenges Seasons are not a zero-sum outcome where someone else's gain is your loss.

You can help others climb tiers by letting them beat you to get ahead and - in an ideal world - they then switch out and let you beat them so you get ahead.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Such co-operative gameplay in a setting intended to pit players against each others isn't exactly intuitive and unfortunately it's not likely to be adopted broadly, but it's certainly worked for me and I've seen at least a couple of other players who've apparently adopted the same system since I've attacked their team of 1-star only girls.

So, do yourself a favour if you're stuck in whale-territory and unable/unwilling to boost. Switch out and let yourself drop through the ranks without losing Mojo.

A sample of my progress for January thus far:
1st - 44th, 4,972 Mojo, Tier 29. (I carried about 100 kisses over from December's Season)
2nd - 80th, 5,131 Mojo, Tier 30.
3rd - 107th, 5,394 Mojo, Tier 31.
4th - 111th, 5,710 Mojo, Tier 33.
5th - 81st, 6,422 Mojo, Tier 36.     *
6th - 141st, 6,466 Mojo, Tier 37.
7th - 194th, 6,629 Mojo, Tier 37.
8th - 214th, 6,961 Mojo, Tier 39.
9th - 174th, 7,598 Mojo, Tier 42.
10th - 196th, 7,813 Mojo, Tier 43.
11th - 199th, 8,273 Mojo, Tier 45.
12th - 161st, 9,055 Mojo, Tier 49.     *
13th - 189th, 9,172 Mojo, Tier 50.
14th - 213th, 9,262 Mojo, Tier 51.
15th - 256th, 9,455 Mojo, Tier 51.
16th - 302nd, 9,616 Mojo, Tier 52.

You can see both on the 5th and 12th where I jump up the ranks, then as I decline back down.

Those days were the only two where I used boosters and only ones I'd come by through daily rewards, orb wins, etc. No kobans/gold spent.
The only reason for that was to try to score some XP off of the remaining stronger opponents during the last day of the Tower of Fame where it is zero-sum.
Otherwise I switched in and out as needed, kept gaining Mojo and kept slipping down the ranks.

• Like 3

Switching teams doesnt really work, since the game captures teams at certain moments, it doesnt update in real time. Also the problem is also related to level. You are lvl 265+ which puts you in relatively better matches in those higher Tiers since you are closer to the max levels; problem is all the people who are around lvl 240-260 are also getting matched with those very same high level opponents as soon as they Tier up. Its literally impossible to reach the first XP on LD-Day without boosting when you are in the sub-high level, you just dont get even (lower) opponents. There's only about 500, 600 people who get there 'on-time', compared to the ten thousand orso on HH, which gives you much more even matched opponents on-time.

Edited by Gotaku

I follow the same strategy than @DudeManGuy . Most of the time you'll see me with a team of 1-star girls. We should advocate for this, really.

30 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

Switching teams doesnt really work, since the game captures teams at certain moments, it doesnt update in real time.

That's not a problem at all, in fact, it makes it even easier. If you switch to a weak team when you're not attacking that means most of the time that's what other people will see of you. Unless you attack at the exact moment of a snapshot (which happens every 6 hours, btw), that's what other people will encounter.

It's in your best interest to switch.

8 hours ago, Gotaku said:

Switching teams doesnt really work, since the game captures teams at certain moments, it doesnt update in real time.

I don't claim to know how long it takes for the game to refresh what team and stats you opponents see after you switch teams, but it can't be that long.

After all, as I said, I've seen other players with their 1-star girl teams - Oh, hey look it's Kenrae, *cough* Exhibit A *cough* - so it must do so eventually.

Last night I finished up losing 3 fights in a row, each time a selection of whales or boosters, but needed to get kisses down low enough while I went to sleep.

Wake up the next morning, lost my first fight which was a hold over the from previous evening, then won 8 of the next 9 fights against opponents of similar or lower stats.

After which I of course switched back out to my 1-star girl team.

It's certainly cut down on the amount of swearing I hurl at my computer screen, so there's that too.

5 hours ago, DudeManGuy said:

I don't claim to know how long it takes for the game to refresh what team and stats you opponents see after you switch teams, but it can't be that long.

Every 6 hours after a daily reset. So 4 times a day. It's usually some minutes after that, in HH it's ~30 minutes, in CxH much less - I guess because there are less players. So, if it's 10 minutes after reset and you're in the same timezone than the server (GMT+1), it's at 13:10, 19:10, 01:10 and 07:10. It's easy to see the changes if you track your opponents stats at the tower of fame.

It's difficult to play against other players. Sometimes I do the 10 fights one after another and you had only 4-5 different opponents in toal, so you fight them every 2 fights. And after second one, you now you can't beat them, even your chance seems to be 70 % because you lost 2nd time....

• 2 weeks later...