Value: PoV vs PoA

I realise that value is somewhat subjective, but I really am at a loss that so many people still seem to feel that the paid PoA is more valuable than the paid PoV or that it is even debatable. I'm going to strip this down to make a comparison of what you get for your Koban.

Before going further a few notes:

- I am ignoring anything that you get on the free path for either. This is just looking at the extra gained for spending Koban.
- This uses last month's standard PoA (not the crappy one and no 6xMP)
- I am only looking at up to 2.5k potions on PoV
- I have doubled the rewards for PoV to reflect that you could buy 2xPOV for the same as one PoA
- I am looking at this from higher (ish) level perspective.

So the rewards for each are as follows:

PoA

1xMP
4x10GP
11xEP
52xCombativity
8xKisses
45xTickets
110xEnergy
2xGirls
800 Gems
7mil Ymen

PoV

14x10GP
4xEP
44xCombativity
40xKisses
347.2k GXP
239.4 PXP
2xGirls
1600 Gems
2xSandlewood Perfume

If we cancel out anything that matches on the two list, so that we can see what we're getting EXTRA by investing in one over the other. I'm going to convert any leftover Combativity/SP boosters to Koban. Both these resources are things that most good players will buy on a regular basis and as such these can be saving. I am NOT doing this with the Pachinko orbs, tickets or Energy. If I did so I do appreciate that PoA comes out looking better. However, how many people here would honestly recommend paying 20 Koban (Nutaku) for 1 ticket? Likewise, there's little need to buy/store Energy and Pachinko orbs are overpriced when you buy them with Koban.

PoA

1xMP
7xEP
45xTickets
110xEnergy
7mil Ymen

PoV

10x10GP
32xKisses
347.2k GXP
239.4 PXP
800 Gems
165 Koban

Looking at the PoA - Energy and Tickets are nice but hardly a hugely valuable resource. Ymen has become tighter recently, but mostly for those who are doing additional shop refreshes to buy extra GXP and the Ymen on offer here is a drop in the ocean compared to the GXP from the PoV. The real value in the PoA is the 7xEP.

Looking at the PoV - Kisses are mostly a dead resource (unless you can bank enough of them for the KC), so they can be ignored. Likewise, most players that are pushing on to high levels of Awakening are finding Gems are not the bottleneck so we can discount them (though for lower level players these are really valuable). The extra Kobans could, if you spent them on the overpriced EP orbs, offset almost two of the EP orbs from the PoA. The real value here is in the P/GXP.

The question of value - from my pov - really comes down to an extra 1-2 player levels (or a lot more for lower level players) and and extra 350k GXP (upgrading a Mythic to level ~560) vs 5xEP (~0.25 of a 3*girl). This just does not seem like even a question to me. Unless I was level 500 the PoV spend seems like a FAR better investment. And even then, given the bottleneck in GXP, I'd be inclined to view the 350k GXP as more valuable to me.

Someone convince me that the PoA paid path is worth a lot more than I'm seeing here! :)

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 5

il y a 56 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

Someone convince me that the PoA paid path is worth a lot more than I'm seeing here!

il y a 2 minutes, jelom a dit :

PoV is better than PoA
CHANGE MY MIND

Anniversary PoA.

Trolling aside, I totally agree. You can even consider that tickets are equivalent to Kisses + Cash, but for every player with too many tickets on their hands, that's not even true (If you can't play them, they're simply worthless). The books alone are worth a lot more than everything else from PoA (Once we deduce all the equivalent rewards, as you did). 345k XP is worth more than 1000 (HH) Kobans and 69M Ymens. And of course, each tier beyond 2500 is just nice extra on top of all that.

• Like 2

Even better, with PoV you can make the decision based on each girl individually. If you like one of the two girls of the month you can just pick up that one and not the other. PoA forces you to pick up both if you want either.

However, one caveat with PoV is that completing some paths is very expensive. PoA is easy to complete in its entirety without really spending any additional resources, but that's not always true for PoV.

• Like 4

I used to look at converting everything to Koban values, but I realized that was a bad idea for me personally, as a free player. Kobans are so scarce I don't spend them except to get either girls or more Kobans, and both the PoA & PoV count. However, since Sandalwood Perfume costs Kobans to buy, it makes sense that that is converted. Combativity could work like that, but it also freely regenerates.

Both paths have their uses for me, and I basically agree with your rationale.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 8:46 PM, JustVisitingReborn said:

so many people still seem to feel that the paid PoA is more valuable than the paid PoV or that it is even debatable.

Where are those people? I haven't noticed a lot of them on the forum. There might be a lot of them on Discord, or in your club chat or other places. But It seems that here at least, most of us here agree PoV has an even higher value than PoA (which is still the second best value in the game). 

About value being subjective, that's a semantics argument (that I've notably experienced with Blaa in the game economy thread). Some people use it to express a somewhat or even a completely subjective preference, but the term "value" in economy is objective. And you're doing maths on it in this thread, so it's a safe bet you have that sense of the term in mind.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:47 AM, Attirm said:

However, one caveat with PoV is that completing some paths is very expensive. PoA is easy to complete in its entirety without really spending any additional resources, but that's not always true for PoV.

Yop. PoA (the good and perfectly balanced version) just feels good. It's well established, you know what to expect, you can plan for it. On top of that, it's the last even of the month, and its arrival often signals a "phew! we made it!" brief moment of relatively relaxed gameplay compared to the over-packed schedule of the rest of most months. PoV is all over the place in terms of how difficult, tedious or even feasible it is from one set of Objectives to the next.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:47 AM, Attirm said:

PoA forces you to pick up both if you want either.

That's true and what I'm about to say about PoV is unrelated, apart from the ability to pick and choose your rewards. It's simply a poor UI design issue, but I find it pretty annoying that PoV has one Claim button per line of rewards. For instance, for the 200 points milestone, if I want those 4 books ASAP, I need to refrain from buying the extra path before I've claimed them, otherwise clicking "Claim" will also give me the Kisses and Gems automatically. And if I want to claim the Gems but save up the Kisses, it's just not an option. PoA used to be closer to this, but in its current form you can claim rewards from either paths whenever you want. That's a plus for PoA right now.

-------------
Edit: Almost forgot. PoV loses quite a lot of value for players who already reached max player level. Of course, players who are already level 500 are a lot more likely to be able to afford both anyway, so a lot of them probably don't mind either way. But it's worth noting that a lot of PoV's value has an expiry date, and the later you've started the game, the more valuable that extra XP is.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 4

Just now, watertanking said:

might be a noob question but why is player xp so valuable when we can now upgrade girls to max without being restricted by our level? what other benefits are there for it?

On top of my head: player stats, better equipment, more money from selling equipment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

il y a 14 minutes, watertanking a dit :

why is player xp so valuable when we can now upgrade girls to max without being restricted by our level? what other benefits are there for it?

Player stats (from the market) and equipment (... from the market as well) still count for approximately 50% of your overall strength (Down from ~66% before awakening). So, definitely something to consider.

il y a 14 minutes, Kenrae a dit :

more money from selling equipment.

That's a very good reason, too :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1