• Melissa
    • Selene
    • Summer Spirit
    • Lima
    • (none)

<< Previous Event This event is part of the Fantasy Season. Next Event >>

1117.jpg

Epic Days
6 beauties can be rescued from the villains!
All of the girls can be obtained in Epic Pachinko as well.

Epic Showdown

Darling,

Are you ready for an epic showdown?

Starting today and ending on the 14th of January (1 pm UTC+1), you will have four days to impress 6 epic ladies. The cute factory worker Vermella and the “it” girl of her university - Jolene just joined the Haremverse. Who better than you to show them around?

Let’s have an unforgettable adventure!

Boss Girls

ava0-1200x.webp

Jolene

ava0-1200x.webp

Vermella

ava0-1200x.webp?v=2

Melissa

ava0-1200x.webp?v=2

Selene

ava0-1200x.webp

Summer Spirit

ava0-1200x.webp

Lima

@Noacc

• Thanks 4

2 great parodys (especially Hori 😍 ) the art of red blood cell looks nice but I´m a little bit disappointed with Jolene´s art(the eyes are kinda weird to me idk why) :/ ... such a great parody but just ok  art at most  imho :( ..let´s see how bad this Epic Day´s drop rates will be (KK should reallyyy reconsider the drop rates for this event..they have some of the worst RoI in the game..)  :D

good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, holymolly said:

Jolene´s art(the eyes are kinda weird to me idk why)

Probably because they are. ^^ Well, to be fair, nothing wrong with them per se, it's just that they're a bit too far into the really deformed manga/japanime realm for this game's overall average visual style. She's otherwise pretty well drawn from what I've seen so far (aka her initial pose and avatar).

I'm a bit more concerned and actually expect to be disappointed by Vermella, myself. Not in terms of art quality, because she's been handled by one of the most solid recurring artists in Kinkoid's roster, but because I got a feeling they went with a boring theme and possibly an equally boring and meh set of poses and affection scenes (to my taste) as the last EP girl they've handled and which I had zero interest for, even though the drawings themselves were of professional quality (Spring Robin). Just a hunch, and I'd love to be proven wrong, though. ^^

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, holymolly said:

please tell me you photoshopped the mythic item and it´s not actually something new on the test server :P

Not yet, but i could see them doing it when they remake the market since would only do it if it makes them more money and already had it on the last survey.

• Sad 1

Epic days, unfortunately they are in my "to avoid" list so, unless i get a 100 drop, no girls for me (yet because often when i play the pachinko for the LC the first to drop is a girl of the past epic days, so expect to see 1 of the new 2 very soon XD).

As i always remind, i'm pretty simple so unless there are huge mistakes, i'm fine even is there is not much new with the poses (forgive my taste simplicity @DvDivXXX >_<) as log the girls are 😍 to me

My favourite here (at first glance) is for sure Vermella. I liked a lot cells at work and i'm pretty happy to see our dear Sekkekkyū here.

I don't know the other one but thanks to the hint of @holymolly i found the anime (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun, right?). It is not my usual kind of anime but since is only 4 episodes maybe i'll watch it later.

Anyways: good luck mates!

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

6 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Epic days, unfortunately they are in my "to avoid" list so, unless i get a 100 drop, no girls for me (yet because often when i play the pachinko for the LC the first to drop is a girl of the past epic days, so expect to see 1 of the new 2 very soon XD).

As i always remind, i'm pretty simple so unless there are huge mistakes, i'm fine even is there is not much new with the poses (forgive my taste simplicity @DvDivXXX >_<) as log the girls are 😍 to me

My favourite here (at first glance) is for sure Vermella. I liked a lot cells at work and i'm pretty happy to see our dear Sekkekkyū here.

I don't know the other one but thanks to the hint of @holymolly i found the anime (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun, right?). It is not my usual kind of anime but since is only 4 episodes maybe i'll watch it later.

Anyways: good luck mates!

Yep it´s called Horimiya and I really liked it..it´s reaaallllly good imo though I´m generally a sucker for that type of animes it seems ^^ :)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, thrawn00 said:

40 fights =

Not even a tenth of what you'd need in terms of sample size to even think about being able to perceive any change to the drop rate. -_-

Basically, this kind of knee-jerk reaction is as relevant and reliable as someone throwing a coin twice, hitting heads both times and then ranting "hey! I was told the drop rate was 50% for tails". Moving on, please.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Not even a tenth of what you'd need in terms of sample size to even think about being able to perceive any change to the drop rate. -_-

Basically, this kind of knee-jerk reaction is as relevant and reliable as someone throwing a coin twice, hitting heads both times and then ranting "hey! I was told the drop rate was 50% for tails". Moving on, please.

while its not useful as a sample size by any means, you have to admit the drop rates are pretty trash though.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

AFAIK the drop rates for these events have been steady for a long time. In fact they seem to me to be mostly the same across classic events, epic, legendary, mythic and orgy days.

The drop range differs a lot between them through, which is where epic and legendary days jump out in a negative sense. Natural regen for these 4 day events results in a total of around 35 - 50 shards average for the whole event. Note that that is average across many players & months. RNG luck plays a lot into this and individual cases can and do end up with either less than half or more than double those amounts.

Trust me, I know how it feels that the RNG (or devs) are out to get you and your koban stash. I also know what it’s like to get an unexpected good run and grab a girl where it wasn’t really expected. Both happen and are normal in properly random-based reward systems.

(let’s not mention the epic days event featuring no epic rarity girls)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sigma29 said:

you have to admit the drop rates are pretty trash though.

Nope. And based on what data, exactly? Your subjective impression when you wrote that post? ^^ My own experience on this ED so far is perfectly consistent with the well-known drop rate for almost all "fight a villain, collect shards" event formats, which is around 10% (except for MD specifically, which is only 7%).

7 hours ago, bohammettuz said:

AFAIK the drop rates for these events have been steady for a long time. In fact they seem to me to be mostly the same across classic events, epic, legendary, mythic and orgy days.

You got that almost right. ;) 

And yes, a lot of players (typically more on the casual side) tend to confuse drop rate, drop range, and a concept I personally strongly dislike that unnecessarily conflates the two into an "average/expected/combined/whatever drop rate", multiplying RNG by RNG to count their average in a slightly quicker but a lot sloppier way. Eg "I got X shards in Y fights", instead of the FAR more useful and precise "I got X shard drops in Y fights". The obvious problem with that is that "I got 4 shards" can mean anything from "I got 4 drops of 1 shard" to "I got 1 drop of 4 shards". And that's useless, because the drop range is indeed very well-known and established for every specific such event format, and it's also well established that all such drop ranges in the game have an even distribution across the range (meaning every time you get a drop it has the same odds of giving you any of the possible numbers of shards).

For ED specifically, the drop range is 1-5; which gives a fair bit of variance. On average, you'll get about 10 drops per 100 fights, but since each drop is a D5 roll, those 10 drops can amount to anything from 10 shards (super bad run) to 50 shards (super good run). On average, it should lean closer to 30* shards. But you obviously can't just make 100 fights in a vacuum, and take that tiny sample's particular result as a relevant indication of ANYTHING, except whether that particular tiny sample taken out of context looks "lucky", "average" or "unlucky". Random is random. The smaller the sample, the more variance. You need to note down ALL your drops across thousands of fights (per format) to start seeing the average trend emerge. It's not that hard to grasp.

Going back to my coin flip example. The drop rate actually is 50/50. But you won't see that until you've made hundreds of coin flips and noted down every outcome. And that's the simplest, most basic type of variance. For something like ED with a 10% drop rate and a 1-5 drop range, you need a lot more than that. Which is why I wasn't even exaggerating earlier on: something like "I got 1 shard from 40 fights" is just about as meaningless as "I got two tails from two coin flips".

MOVING ON FOR REALSIES NOW, PLEASE. :)

----------------

7 hours ago, bohammettuz said:

(let’s not mention the epic days event featuring no epic rarity girls)

Yeah, let's not. That confusion is extremely widespread and not just among newbies, unfortunately. The event is named after the Epic PACHINKO (because it only has girls that are Epic Pachinko exclusives the rest of the time). There's never been any Mythic Girl in the Mythic PACHINKO either (and there won't ever be). ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Thanks 1

@JustVisitingReborn Thank you! I actually realized my error this morning, using "my kind of maths" ^^ instead of a beautiful work of art like your formula (in my head the "maths" look like this: "oops, the average should be halfway between 10 and 50; not 0 and 50... so... 30 is 20 apart from both 10 and 50... yes! it's 30!" ^^). And yes, same probability for each possible number in the range. 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

(in my head the "maths" look like this: "oops, the average should be halfway between 10 and 50; not 0 and 50... so... 30 is 20 apart from both 10 and 50... yes! it's 30!" ^^)

And that's ok for basic odds like these, actually.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

51 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

And that's ok for basic odds like these, actually.

you had to say that, cause you are new? :D

regarding topic: started very bad into the event: after 48 fights i only got 2 drops with a total of 4 shards ... at least I will get some points for PoV if it stays the same, i guess

GL everyone

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

Il y a 2 heures, blaa a dit :

regarding topic: started very bad into the event:

Same here. After more than 60 fights, 2 drops, 6 shards (4 + 2).

Well, it's not like I was expecting anything from this event anyway :D But I still like to collect a few dozens of shards when I can :)

I already had shards for Selene, but... At 1/100, it wouldn't make a big difference anyway :D so I went for Lima instead, because I want to unlock Tier 3 of Silvanus.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Nope. And based on what data, exactly? Your subjective impression when you wrote that post? ^^ My own experience on this ED so far is perfectly consistent with the well-known drop rate for almost all "fight a villain, collect shards" event formats, which is around 10% (except for MD specifically, which is only 7%).

Yes, and in my opinion a 10% drop rate with a shard range of 1-5 is pretty bad.

• Surprised :O 1

1 hour ago, sigma29 said:

Yes, and in my opinion a 10% drop rate with a shard range of 1-5 is pretty bad.

yeah the drop rate is one thing but the shard range is the problem.. if you get pretty much all 1 shard drops you´re really going to feel the bad rng.. with multiple 3 and 4´s however you can get quite a lot of shards for one girls.. if they don´t want to increase the range towards those of classic the least they could do is to up the minimum to 2 ..that would already improve things by a lot (especially those ridiculously low shards some get (I still remember the one ED where I got 19 free shards because I pretty much only got 1 shard drops :´) )

1 hour ago, Pirusssd said:

Got 14 shards in 60 fights then 5 minutes ago did 10 fights and got the amount of shards in the screenshot!

congratz you just got yourself a 100 shard drop (in one of the best events koban RoI wise :D)

also @Pirusssd you might want to change your profile pic .. since one of the forum rules is no adventure or girl spoilers! :)
(I´ve removed the pose of estelle for you .. if you want to use her I´d suggest using her avatar or just the head(don´t mind my norou pic guys) :) )

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, holymolly said:

yeah the drop rate is one thing but the shard range is the problem.. if you get pretty much all 1 shard drops you´re really going to feel the bad rng.. with multiple 3 and 4´s however you can get quite a lot of shards for one girls.. if they don´t want to increase the range towards those of classic the least they could do is to up the minimum to 2 ..that would already improve things by a lot (especially those ridiculously low shards some get (I still remember the one ED where I got 19 free shards because I pretty much only got 1 shard drops :´) )

True the range is worse, though I would take either an increased drop % or increased range. I think either would be great.

Perhaps 15% drop rate or just do away with range and make it 3 shard drop as standard?