Favorite music

masca10

Hi! :D

I notice that here, there is no topic about music. I think. Every forum I know had at least one of them. Why not here? O.oxD

Well, I know there are countless genres or groups of music, butt I always considered myself as metalhead, and rocker, although, I'm always open as well, to know new songs or groups (except reggaeton or whatever you call it. Here, that it's know with that name).

I'll start myself to tell you what groups I like:

Dire Straits, Queen, Metallica, AC~DC, Apocalyptica, Arch Enemy, Slipknot, Europe, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Bullet for my Valentine, KISS, Bon Jovi, Toto, The Cranberries.... and other many, many groups that I like. There are many of them, and to know all, I'd need two lives, even those that I already know HAHAHA!

Of these bands, the songs that I enjoy always are:

Dire Straits: 

Queen:

Metallica:

AC~DC:

Apocalyptica:

Arch Enemy:

Slipknot:

Europe:

Led Zeppelin:

Nirvana:

Bullet for my Valentine:

KISS:

Bon Jovi:

Toto:

The Cranberries:

What's your favorite bands or songs? ^_^

Regards!

• Like 2

music... yeah I listen to that.
1. So hands down favourite band is Queens of the Stone Age. I listen to a lot of Desert/Stoner Rock as well. It gets me going. This is my favourite song (of all the songs in existence).
2. The band with a special place in my life is Oomph! This band basically kept me going when I had a depression, and I still listen to them from time to time, just not as much as I used to do. I chose a "let's call it different" song from them. Normally they make music in the same genre as Rammstein. This is an earlier song.
3. The genre that I got into recently is Electro Swing. It's just so darn catchy. Just a random song by my favourite Electro Swing artist.
4. No music list is complete for me without Gorillaz. Just a random Gorillaz song.
5. Before they were a big thing, I saw The Black Keys on a concert. Because another act canceled, they could play on the big stage. They blew me away, and the chosen song is my absolute favourite. This has been the only band up to date, that managed to blow me away without me knowing them.
6. Time for some lesser known artists. This one is from my home country. It's a great song to work out to. (Also same genre as QOTSA :P)
7. I love this band a lot. I wonder if anybody heard of them.
I think I'll leave it at this.

Edited by Chthugha
little mistake :)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

music... yeah I listen to that.
1. So hands down favourite band is Queens of the Stone Age. I listen to a lot of Desert/Stoner Rock as well. It gets me going. This is my favourite song (of all the songs in existence).
2. The band with a special place in my life is Oomph! This band basically kept me going when I had a depression, and I still listen to them from time to time, just not as much as I used to do. I chose a "let's call it different" song from them. Normally they make music in the same genre as Rammstein. This is an earlier song.
3. The genre that I got into recently is Electro Swing. It's just so darn catchy. Just a random song by my favourite Electro Swing artist.
4. No music list is complete for me without Gorillaz. Just a random Gorillaz song.
5. Before they were a big thing, I saw The Black Keys on a concert. Because another act canceled, they could play on the big stage. They blew me away, and the chosen song is my absolute favourite. This has been the only band up to date, that managed to blow me away without me knowing them.
6. Time for some lesser known artists. This one is from my home country. It's a great song to work out to. (Also same genre as QOTSA :P)
7. I love this band a lot. I wonder if anybody heard of them.
I think I'll leave it at this.

Well, to be honest, the only song that I really enjoyed was Silver Swamp from Spacegoat. Cool name btw. I guess that I'm not into slow tempos. I don't know. :S

Queen of the Stone Age... I didn't know these guys. The stoner rock isn't very popular here. In fact, I had to inform myself about that. xD

I always thought that Oomph! was EBM/Hard metal group. I was mistaken, apparently. -_-

My sis love Gorillaz as well. :D

For my part I didn't say that also I like, for example, Johnny Cash, or the song Gangsta's Paradise, based in Dangerous Minds. In general terms, I love those songs or bands that talks of something that is real, that could happens in real life. ^_^

In my case, the bands that have a special place in me are Disturbed and Queen. I give anything that I have to make return Freddie. He was one of a kind. Unique. Whatever you like to call it. :D

Edited by masca10

First off, there will never be another Freddie Mercury. The charisma of Freddie is one of a kind. I have nothing but respect for him, but I am not that into Queen (apart from Stone Cold Crazy).

I am more of a Led Zeppelin guy. I don't listen to older music all that much though. Pretty much music from the 90s and on. I'm not into that much. But bands I like (not included in my first post) include System of a Down, Mastodon, White Stripes, Wolfmother, Franz Ferdinand, Rammstein/Megaherz/Eisbrecher (all the same really :P), Wo Fat, Monkey3 and Royal Blood.

Oomph! started as EBM (the song used is EBM), but transformed into what is best described as Neue Deutsche Härte (New German Hardness, or german and loud), which is pretty heavy, like this sound wall song :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

First off, there will never be another Freddie Mercury. The charisma of Freddie is one of a kind. I have nothing but respect for him, but I am not that into Queen (apart from Stone Cold Crazy).

I am more of a Led Zeppelin guy. I don't listen to older music all that much though. Pretty much music from the 90s and on. I'm not into that much. But bands I like (not included in my first post) include System of a Down, Mastodon, White Stripes, Wolfmother, Franz Ferdinand, Rammstein/Megaherz/Eisbrecher (all the same really :P), Wo Fat, Monkey3 and Royal Blood.

Oomph! started as EBM (the song used is EBM), but transformed into what is best described as Neue Deutsche Härte (New German Hardness, or german and loud), which is pretty heavy, like this sound wall song :D

In my case it's the same thing. xD I didn't mentioned many others like SOAD itself. But, for my part I listen groups from the 70' and 80', because I think that there is no more that kind of music, like The Eagles, or Lynyrd Skynyrd for example. But, in general I like the groups of today as well. ^_^

Edited by masca10
  • Haha 1