What were your bigest ingame mistakes/your worst decisions?

blaa

Hey guys,

lately I am thinking more about what should I have done different to be in a better game situation now. And I am curious what you would say about your "bad" decisions.

Mainly I think about 3 decisions:

1) Not clearing all girls on bosses when epic days were introduced. I waited unteil ED 10 or something like that before I started to clear it. I had enough resources from the beginning, but I thought they would be better invested in the next anniversary. We all know, anniversary gets worse every year, so not only did I get bad event then were i couldnt use my resources I hoarded, but I also had to invest for the missing girls in form of orbs in pachinko.

2) joining d1/d2/d3 later than i should. Even though i had a fair amount of nubans hoarded i still played the up/down league game. It was relatively easy to predict and got me good nubans. On the other hand I could have gotten 2-5 levels more when I joined earlier the higher leagues, what would have given me long term better chances for more/at least some d3 wins.

3) Saving thousands of orbs. I know the data isnt conclusive yet, but I take my chances to claim there was a significant change in drop rates (pachinko, maybe even for the trolls). My original plan was to save as many orbs as possible to get girls over MyP and OD/anniversary. Since we now need almost double or third the amount of orbs for a girl I regret taking this approach. I mean, on the long run it would have been the better choice, but with the changes it's one of the biggest disappointments I had so far.

When I look back on this decisions, there are two things I see clearly: 1) Almost all problems are caused by me prioritising hoarding over spending and b) in correlation to not being able to plan long term cause KK is changing things every other month. And it makes sense to me, if you cant plan long term, there is no sense in hoarding ressources (especially if KK was known to be good to their players (resoruce wise), but they now have a different directive)

What were yours?

Cleaning Tiers 2 and 3 of bosses in the order of appearance (Worlds 1, 2, 3, etc.). The initial worlds tend to have more event girls, after cleaning tier 1 I should have gone in the inverse order, so that I would have gotten those tiers while working on event girls eventually. Now I still lack three tier 3 girls (working on Pandora currently), I'm sure I'd have them all by now if I had done it properly.

• Like 1

Not getting Felicia during the last LD, because I thought I should save my orbs for whatever nice events KK had planed for the holiday 😅

Also, moving to D2 when League Girls were introduced (Dolly), miserably failing to get a decent rank, and then miserably failing to demote. Twice. Getting 0 shard each time. Ended up with 92% of Dolly (I was really convinced that the last 25 players were demoted... Turned out it was the last 15...)

A very common mistake, too: Keeping too many items in the market (3000?). More than I needed for any Daily Contest, and I wasted a lot of cash. Just like everyone else, though...

Il y a 2 heures, blaa a dit :

When I look back on this decisions, there are two things I see clearly: 1) Almost all problems are caused by me prioritising hoarding over spending and b) in correlation to not being able to plan long term cause KK is changing things every other month. And it makes sense to me, if you cant plan long term, there is no sense in hoarding ressources (especially if KK was known to be good to their players (resoruce wise), but they now have a different directive)

If only it were that simple... Hoarding is still the best strategy, despite all the unpredictable changes... That's really frustrating, because you know KK will slap you in the face every now and then for playing correctly.

(At least for Daily Contests under lvl 401, you have to hoard to get a chance. I guess after lvl 401, even hoarding might not always be sufficient.)

• Like 1

Hmmm. I remember one great mistake and a lot of lesser failures.

The great mistake was that I underestimated the PoPs as they were introduced and didn't level them up immediately.

The lesser failures are mostly contest related. More than once I had lost time and/or forgot to check the contest page in the last 2 minutes of an contest so I lost more than once 300 or 120 Koban. Sometimes I was to stingy and did not enough in the contests because I want to save some Ressources. Since September it's accumulate to ca. 1500 Kobans I didn't get and every Koban you didn't get hurts, as f2p even more.

The price nerf didn't hit me to much, because I hadn't so much Gpx10 Orgs storaged (ca. 150) and only 200-300 equipments to sell, so I want it count as bad decision or mistake in my case.

@Liliat. @blaa: Hoarding and hoarding is not the same. If you hoard to spend the Ressources in the next matching contest (or the following of this because in this you have not enough Ressources)  to get a Top4 it's a healthy hoarding, but if you hoard because you want to hoard or only for goals some months in the future it's risky and unhealthy. Theese storaged Ressources will the Dev's think about nerfs because so great accumulations of Ressources suggest that they are to generous with Ressources and that they have to adjust something. One of the first sentences I remember I had read in this forum was from GeorgeMTO and sounds: "Spend Ressources to gain Ressources". So: Hoarding ok, if you hoard to get enough ressources to reach a goal in the near future (not more than one or two months forward), everything above this is risky and could led to the fact that you loose more, than you can get.

• Like 2

il y a 27 minutes, bolitho76 a dit :

One of the first sentences I remember I had read in this forum was from GeorgeMTO and sounds: "Spend Ressources to gain Ressources". So: Hoarding ok, if you hoard to get enough ressources to reach a goal in the near future (not more than one or two months forward), everything above this is risky and could led to the fact that you loose more, than you can get.

"Spend Resources to earn Resources" is exactly what I do. The consequence is precisely that hoarding becomes the default behavior: I don't spend anything unless I earn something from it, or unless I'd lose something from not doing it (e.g. wasting natural regen).

For example, I never sell any item anymore, unless A) I need the cash immediately (Almost never the case) or B) There is a contest and I can get Top 4.

There is also a paradox with nerfs to force players to spend resources: the first consequence of the MP Nerf, is that I now hoard even more orbs (Since I need more of them to get a "guaranteed" girl). So instead of having less orbs, I now have more orbs than ever. It's a similar paradox for the "Sell items" contest: if the idea was to encourage players to sell their items, the result is that players are actually encouraged to hoard them, at least until the relevant contest (And the next one, and the next... Neverending hoarding). And since you never know how many items you'll need, you might as well hoard all of them. And with the price nerf, it's even more true: since there is now (relatively) little cash to be gained from selling items, you might as well keep them for contests.

The cash nerf also encouraged players to spend their cash more carefully, thus hoarding more (I used to happily waste hundreds of millions in Daily Contests for a Top 4; now 40-50 millions is my limit. The price nerf actually made me richer than before. Not because I earn more, but because I spend a lot less)

• Like 5

On 1/19/2022 at 12:14 PM, bolitho76 said:

@Liliat. @blaa: Hoarding and hoarding is not the same. If you hoard to spend the Ressources in the next matching contest (or the following of this because in this you have not enough Ressources)  to get a Top4 it's a healthy hoarding, but if you hoard because you want to hoard or only for goals some months in the future it's risky and unhealthy. Theese storaged Ressources will the Dev's think about nerfs because so great accumulations of Ressources suggest that they are to generous with Ressources and that they have to adjust something. One of the first sentences I remember I had read in this forum was from GeorgeMTO and sounds: "Spend Ressources to gain Ressources". So: Hoarding ok, if you hoard to get enough ressources to reach a goal in the near future (not more than one or two months forward), everything above this is risky and could led to the fact that you loose more, than you can get.

I agree. There is a moment when you hoarded too long. This can cost you on varies ways. Exactly what i experienced with orbs (and other stuff). First it was good move, cause i got plenty of OD-girls through MyP or cause they were on the 2nd rotation on a troll. But now, when I have to collect the few missing girls I have to pay double or third the amount of orbs to get them. I havent calculated if it still is a plus, but it doesnt feel like.

And yes, "Spend resources to get some" is a good principle, but the question is still there: How much, when and for what do I spend them? You cant really tell cause the future (game changes like drop rates, new currencies, events, ...) is unclear. It's more like a gamble. In the case of this game I would have said (from todays perspective) you always should have spend your gained ressources for the whole time until half a year ago (cause KK favored players in being unbalanced). Now it's different, I guess. You have to choose what to do and where to give up. It's impossible to get a good leauge placement, KC and PoV at the same time with a reasonable amount of koban spending or being midtier player or ...

On 1/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Liliat said:

There is also a paradox with nerfs to force players to spend resources: the first consequence of the MP Nerf, is that I now hoard even more orbs (Since I need more of them to get a "guaranteed" girl). 

It's not a paradox, if you clear your assumptions. It's only a paradox if a player thinks the free resources are enough to get everything sooner or later. But if you assume KK is designing the game in a way that you cant everything for free, it's not a paradox anymore. Saving resources wont help you to get everything, hence you can spend them. Ofc, you can save resources cause you want something special or for plenty of other reasons, but that doesnt create this kind of paradox you described (it would assume you know on which criterion KK is deciding when to nerf resources and that you need to save resources in an amount that would go over this criterion to get a girl guaranteed).

In reality we have this situation ofc, but that's not a reason for it being paradox, but nothing more than a description of a reciprocity between players and KK.

• 4 weeks later...

The only big big mistakes I made were using Event Orbs, which every veteran player knows are a waste of money that dont get you anything. But there's no way to know that as a beginner. 😣

Also winning Leagues is super easy at the start of the game, I always wanted to go back and get those nice no.1 spots for in the profile, but thats become impossible when they added Shards to the League. 🥺

And on ComicH I shouldve saved up more kobans in the beginning months, because I couldve easily gotten the first 5 star otherwise. But again; Kinkoid never announced they were introducing the 5 stars at that time, so not really anything I could do about that. Same with the item price nerf: I lost hundreds of millions worth of items because Kinkoid never mentioned this was going to happen. Still angry about that, I earned those items and funds, deeply unfair.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1