How is it possible to go DOWN in the various power ratings when you go UP in levels?

Tomthe Bomb

Dear Sirs,

I am not lazy and I did search your Q&A for about an hour to look for the answer to this question.  True, your Q&A gives lots and lots of very good information and by reading I learn a great deal.  However, no where did I see any reference or reason for going DOWN  in power ratings.  Let me explain.  OK see below - these are values BEFORE boosters

L319  - Attack Power = 50,323  Defense Power = 23,423     Ego Power = 317,787    Harmony Power = 46,581    Total Power = 83,587.5

L320                               49,440                               22,201                             311,280                                  46,622                             80,025

Note that there was no change in the six power picture items on my Shops page - the same six items [in this case all my pictures have the purple background color and are 319 sunglasses, 319 shirt, 319 pants, 319 'Crashing Curve' graph, 319 Minibot, and 318 cigarette.]  There are exactly the same six items I had at L319 as I have at L320, so this is not the reason my power went DOWN.   Now, I have not changed the girls in my team, all of them are at maximum affection and at a knowledge level of 550 which did not change between L319 and L320 so how and why did my Total Power go down 3,562.5 points?

This is true for all my powers, Attack, Defense, Ego, except only Harmony went up and just by 41 points which is what I would expect by increasing my level from 319 to 320.  How did my powers go DOWN?  What do I need to do to keep them from going down?  Should not my baseline powers go up with each level?  Otherwise why do all the work to go up a level when you go down in power?  This just does not make sense.  Now I know that randomness is built into the game, but to randomly go DOWN in powers is, well let me say, shitty.

The game is good, I feel excited when I win a competition or when I win a girl.  But if I do NOT grow in power with each new level, then what is the point of going up?  Any and all help you can give me on this question would be greatly appreciated and would go a long way to keeping me in the game [plus if you look at my record, I have given a LOT of Euros to play this game].  To keep me as a player and a payer, I need answers to this rather basic question.

Thank you for your help,  Play On Tomthe Bomb

• Like 1

When did you check the different values?

Girls power change every Monday, due to blessings changing each week (There are other possibilities for specific stat changes, but Blessings should be the only thing that affect the "Team total power", I think).

• Like 1

If you want to check your base stats (for your character without the added stats of your battle team girls) you should do in the market or in your profile.

If you do it in some of the prebattle screens (Tower of fame, seasons, villains) as it seems for the numbers in your post, then the final stats include the stats of your girls and the effect of each week blessings and your dominance advantages or disadvantages against the current selected opponent.

As blessings can range from +20 to +40 and affect different girls, after each monday blessings change you can see a big variation in your final stats.

@Slynia I think this should be added to the pinned posts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

When did you check the different values?

Girls power change every Monday, due to blessings changing each week (There are other possibilities for specific stat changes, but Blessings should be the only thing that affect the "Team total power", I think).

Thank you for that information that must be the answer for the change in Total Power as I was L319 on Saturday and L320 on Thursday with Monday's blessing change.  But what about the drop in my other power ratings?

Again thank you for the information, Play On Tomthe Bomb

2 hours ago, jelom said:

If you want to check your base stats (for your character without the added stats of your battle team girls) you should do in the market or in your profile.

If you do it in some of the prebattle screens (Tower of fame, seasons, villains) as it seems for the numbers in your post, then the final stats include the stats of your girls and the effect of each week blessings and your dominance advantages or disadvantages against the current selected opponent.

As blessings can range from +20 to +40 and affect different girls, after each monday blessings change you can see a big variation in your final stats.

@Slynia I think this should be added to the pinned posts.

Thank you for your very useful information.  From now on I will measure my powers from my profile page and not from prebattle screens.  But how does my girl's blessing effect my Attack Power?  Isn't that my characteristic and not a characteristic of any specific girl?  I realize that the rules are not obvious to understand but if the blessings of my girls effect ALL my power levels, then there really is no way to plan ahead and the value of your own level is less important than the weekly 'blessings'.  If that is the way the game is set up, perhaps a better explanation of the blessings and some insight to how these blessing will change in the future would be helpful especially to thick-headed newbies like myself.

Again, thank you for your information and Play On Tomthe Bomb

il y a 8 minutes, Tomthe Bomb a dit :

But what about the drop in my other power ratings?

There are even more factors for that, as jelom suggested. First, the Team Total Power affects all stats (Except Harmony, I think). So, a drop in Total Power may be sufficient to explain all the other changes. Second, depending on where you look at your stats (Market, League, Season, Pantheon...), the team of your opponent may or may not affect your own stats (Opponent elemental bonuses like "Playful/Decrease defense of opponent" may reduce your own defense)

But for the most part, I'd say it's all related to the Blessings, i.e. Total Power affecting all other stats.

To clarify on the difference between Player power, Total power, and Current battle stats:

- "Total Power" represents the cumulated stats of the girls in your team, taking blessings into account

- Current battle stats (Attack Power, Defense, Ego, Harmony) are based on your team's Total Power and your own Player power, including boosters. It's the value that will actually be taken into account during the fight (Which is why it may change based on which opponent you select).

- Player power (Stats) is displayed in the Market. It affects the formulas, but is usually not really informative (Except for the Harmony stat, which almost exclusively depends on your player stats/equipment, and thus is pretty accurate already in the Market).

How the Player stats affect your Battle stats depends on a lot of factors, nowadays. It used to be approximately 1/3 for the girls team, 1/3 for the equipement, and 1/3 for the stats you buy at the market (Assuming you have them maxed out). But recently, with Blessings and Awakening, the girls team ("Total Power") has a lot more weight (But it depends if your current team is blessed, if they are awakened far beyond your own player level, etc. So it's hard to give a value that applies to everyone). I'd say, nowadays, it's 50% for your girls team, and 25% for your Player level (Market stats), and another 25% for your Equipment (Which is also based on your Player level). So, it's roughly 50/50 between your Team and your Player level.

Also, note that there is a lot more variation in your team's power than in your player power. Gaining 1 level at lvl 300 means you gain 0.3% in player power. Blessings, on the other hand, can range from +0% (When your unblessed girls are stronger than your blessed girls) to +100% (For a double-40% blessing). Even awakening provide a higher gap, because you usually gain 50 levels at once (From lvl 500 to lvl 550, that's +10% in power for your girls).

And, finally, as you noticed, Blessings can go both ways (up or down), whereas Awakening, Player level and Equipment can only make you stronger (Well... Unless you intentionally equip shitty items :D )

• Like 2

WOW, that is amazing.  OK, so some weeks I will have good blessings and high total power and other weeks low blessings and low total power which then effects all other powers.  So now my question is, does the knowledge level of my girls, remember they are all at 550, have a big or small effect on my total power?  The rules make it difficult to move your girls knowledge up requiring that 50 other girls be at that level [example 550] before you are allowed to move a girl up even when you have the gems and the books to give them.  Well if the knowledge level of the girls does have some or perhaps a strong influence on total power, I will just have to sit back and day after day move more and more girls to 550 until I can finally move my girls up.  The game does not move quickly and perhaps one of the lessons of the game, as in sex, is patience pays off as there are no 'quick moves' to get you the success you crave.  It just seems that I take two steps forward and I'm pushed one step backward, not unlike real life.

Again thank you for your information as it makes the variations in my power scores [by the way, as an old statistician I do chart my power levels on a regular basis and I also keep numerous statistics on all my girls] much more understandable.  Really, thank you for taking the time to give me advice.  May all your girls have high blessings.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

6 minutes ago, Liliat said:

To clarify on the difference between Player power, Total power, and Current battle stats:

- "Total Power" represents the cumulated stats of the girls in your team, taking blessings into account

- Current battle stats (Attack Power, Defense, Ego, Harmony) are based on your team's Total Power and your own Player power, including boosters. It's the value that will actually be taken into account during the fight (Which is why it may change based on which opponent you select).

- Player power (Stats) is displayed in the Market. It affects the formulas, but is usually not really informative (Except for the Harmony stat, which almost exclusively depends on your player stats/equipment, and thus is pretty accurate already in the Market).

How the Player stats affect your Battle stats depends on a lot of factors, nowadays. It used to be approximately 1/3 for the girls team, 1/3 for the equipement, and 1/3 for the stats you buy at the market (Assuming you have them maxed out). But recently, with Blessings and Awakening, the girls team ("Total Power") has a lot more weight (But it depends if your current team is blessed, if they are awakened far beyond your own player level, etc. So it's hard to give a value that applies to everyone). I'd say, nowadays, it's 50% for your girls team, and 25% for your Player level (Market stats), and another 25% for your Equipment (Which is also based on your Player level). So, it's roughly 50/50 between your Team and your Player level.

Also, note that there is a lot more variation in your team's power than in your player power. Gaining 1 level at lvl 300 means you gain 0.3% in player power. Blessings, on the other hand, can range from +0% (When your unblessed girls are stronger than your blessed girls) to +100% (For a double-40% blessing). Even awakening provide a higher gap, because you usually gain 50 levels at once (From lvl 500 to lvl 550, that's +10% in power for your girls).

And, finally, as you noticed, Blessings can go both ways (up or down), whereas Awakening, Player level and Equipment can only make you stronger (Well... Unless you intentionally equip shitty items :D )

Wow, that is a lot of information and it does tell me that in general I am playing the game the best I can with the behind the scenes powers working.  I have also read in the Q&A that factors effect the chance of getting a 'Critical Hit' against an opponent - but to me, it just seems random.  I would need a second computer fed with the proper formulas to calculate each battle to make an informed choice, but it reality, I will just move blindly ahead and face the randomness of my success and failures.  Again as in reality, planning will only get you so far and then it is all up to Karma.  May your Karma always shine on you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to answer this newbie's questions.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

The level of girls (and the level of player) is completely linear. So, +50 level at lvl 550 will give you a boost of (600/550) = +9%. +50 levels at lvl 700 would "only" give you +7%

il y a 7 minutes, Tomthe Bomb a dit :

I would need a second computer fed with the proper formulas to calculate each battle to make an informed choice

Or just install the HH++ community script and let it do that for you :)

• Like 2

OK Likiat sounds good but just where do I go and how do I do that?  This is definitely something that I need because I can use all the help I can get.  Plus, after absorbing the information about how much the 'Blessings' influence Total Power which then effects everything else, I am not as hard on myself for poor performance or for that matter great performance - it is all about whether or not I am blessed.  This week, girls with silver eyes.  How many silver eyed girls are there?  No need to answer, there can't be that many.  So this is not a powerful week for me and therefore, I do not expect to push forward too much.  Slow and steady at the tiller of the ship.

Again thank you and I look forward to your response about the HH++ community script.  My all your blessing give you more total power.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

12 hours ago, Tomthe Bomb said:

OK Likiat sounds good but just where do I go and how do I do that?  This is definitely something that I need because I can use all the help I can get.  Plus, after absorbing the information about how much the 'Blessings' influence Total Power which then effects everything else, I am not as hard on myself for poor performance or for that matter great performance - it is all about whether or not I am blessed.  This week, girls with silver eyes.  How many silver eyed girls are there?  No need to answer, there can't be that many.  So this is not a powerful week for me and therefore, I do not expect to push forward too much.  Slow and steady at the tiller of the ship.

Again thank you and I look forward to your response about the HH++ community script.  My all your blessing give you more total power.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

First of all, Here's the script: https://sleazyfork.org/en/scripts/415625-hentai-heroes-ocd-season-version

Second, just an fyi you can filter girls in your harem page by their different attributes to see who's blessed (E.g to show only girls with silver eyes), and on the team building page you can also now filter them by blessed and non-blessed girls. 

In general what I'd recommend is checking beforehand what blessing is coming up next and if you're trying to be competitive that week you can upgrade relevant girls. There's a helpful google sheet by zoopokemon that lists (among other things) the most powerful girls each week (including blessings) from best to worst, so you can just go there and if you have some top ranking girls you know you can put up a good fight that week. You can find it here- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kVZxcZZMa82lS4k-IpxTTTELAeaipjR_v1twlqW5vbI/edit#gid=505705965

But all in all, as you and I are around the same level, my best advise is not to try to push forward at all even if you have a great week. You'll only find yourself in higher levels where you can't push any further and going up and down at our level is a lot less efficient than staying at a comfortable spot. Find a league where you can maintain 25-30th place every week, do your best at seasons and just make sure you switch your girls when blessings change. You don't even have to go too heavily into which- just pick the ones at the top of your team building page as the game already places them by order of strongest to weakest. 

To elaborate (I'm going into very specific details here so no need to read it all if you already agree)-

Mythic/legendary/epic/orgy days require you to beat villains, so you just need a team strong enough to do that (Which at this point doesn't even require blessings to be taken into account).

Kinky cumpetition, Legendary contest and PoA usually require you beating other in PvP, but for that it's even better to be at a lower league as your chances of winning there is higher.

PoV is relatively new so we don't really know yet, but so far it's less about strength and more about putting in time/resources. 

Seasons are just a matter of putting in enough time, as since you are put against players with the same Mojo, if you're stuck now you just need to wait for them to move on and for weaker foes to come around... At our level you can usually make tier 62 with time to spare.

And except for leagues all the rest of the game's features (Pantheon, Champions etc) aren't time sensitive and you'll get to them when you grow stronger with time.

Which leaves us with leagues- As things are right now, the difficulty spike between leagues is quite large, especially from S1 onwards. The prizes are usually set so that if you can comfortably make it to the 15-30th tier (The highest one without promoting) in a specific league, it's not worth it in terms of kobans/worship to rise to the next one if you're not SURE you can make it to one tier under that in the next league, and in terms of girl shards you need to make it to the same tier for it to be worth it. So all in all the game kind of punishes you for reaching further than you can comfortably stay, even if you have a good week. 

I made a sheet that details routes you can take during each rotation to make sure you get the most amount of Kobans and still get the girl. (Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ7p4cfI2QBAe6kcwNApoICCfzd2u2swkbkg3k8mvw2sxELviOldaG_r8jTCz10WKg5s3LheOarx2mt/pubhtml)

According to your stats (which are more or less the same as mine), I'm guessing you can comfortably stay in S2's 15-30th tier without putting out too much effort and still get tons of Koban and the girl. No need to rush it. The number crunching and micromanaging of girls every week is more relevant to 400+ level players who can compete at D1/2 levels but need to stay on top of their game to do so.

Edited by Vexen666
  • Like 2
  • Hearts 2

Dear Vexen666,

First of all a huge thank you for sending me all this fantastic information.  I realize that unless you type at 30 words/min, then it took some time to write your answer.  I will definitely copy and save your web pages and check them out today.  Your attitude is one to emulate.  My problem - well one of them anyway - was that I rose up through the ranks and won many girls too quickly at the beginning.  To keep winning, I began spending REAL money, a little at first but soon I was sucked in - which is just what the owners of the game want.  I was their perfect fresh meat.  Recently I began tracking my progress, I have several books where I keep track of my level and my power, other books on my girls affection level and experience level, a book keeping track of all my combats with the villains, and even one keeping track of my daily wins in the contests.  I began to see that something was happening as I would go up and down for no reason I could see.  I started this discussion and learned that this up and down was not caused by what I did but because of blessings that I had seen when I first started, did not understand, and did not take it into account.  I was going well but spending too much real money to keep my pace as it was in the beginning.  But now I see that I was losing the 'fun' of the game by competing against myself to move forward faster and faster or at least as fast as I was going in the beginning.  As I said earlier, I want to copy your attitude.  No longer will I judge my progress in days and weeks but now will take the long view and think about my progress in months and quarter years.  Besides, there are many more games I could buy for $20 USD [I'm talking about shooter games] that once I buy the game there is no need for further input of REAL money.

I really want to thank you for this great information, but more importantly, that by changing my attitude I will bring back the fun in this game.  And really, games are supposed to be fun, not cut-throat winner take all combats.  You are a sage and I'm lucky you gave me your insights.  I can't thank you enough.

Now a quick message to my fellow players who are reading this discussion.  I hope you learned as much as I did these last few days and remember to keep the game fun.  That is why we play.  At least that is why I am playing from now on.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

• Like 1