Daily Goals - now LIVE

FinderKeeper

Hey guys,

Promised new feature - Daily Goals - yesterday hit the test. It's LIVE!

It gives you a number of tasks of 4 rarities (common, rare, epic, legendary). You only have one day to complete them.

Tasks can be completed in any order and are different for each player.

Their number and their rarity depend on your level it seems.

k3BnjXB.png

Completing each task gives you potion points. r4EM4rd.png Upon reaching 20/40/60/80/100 points you get to claim the rewards. hcxM84I.png

Jvn6es5.png 20 points

pqsPm6l.png 40 points

nrGWQME.png 60 points

5qBy6U9.png 80 points

lihWaX9.png 100 points

(rewards and anything else can change before going LIVE)

On 1/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, Liliat said:

It seems that rewards directly depend on rarity: Common = 10 points, Rare = 15, Epic = 20, Legendary = 25

And here's incomplete list of tasks. It should give you the idea of what to expect.

edit: Updated list

ckUmbTi.png

older list from test:

ofzCSBU.png

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Hearts 1

It seems that rewards directly depend on rarity: Common = 10 points, Rare = 15, Epic = 20, Legendary = 25

The goals are pretty easy to complete, because even though some tasks are tricky, you'll likely have more potions each day than the required 100 (If you have 10 Common goals, you'll get exactly 100 Potions per day. So, any Rare/Epic/Legendary goal will allow you to obtain more potions).

I like the concept, it's not too complicated, and I like the rewards (Although I haven't seen any gems. But Epic Books and Flowers are better anyway :) )

There's also 7750 XP of reward, each day, which is pretty nice (That's another +30% of Player XP, if we consider all sources. Just slightly less than the PoV Free path, but more than any other source - except maybe high level D3 PvP, if you can win most of your fights each week)

• Like 2

il y a 6 minutes, FinderKeeper a dit :

I have 11

Indeed; same here. I thought it was 10 :)

The goals didn't reset, though. The timer says "New goals in 4 hours and 5 minutes", but it's been stuck there for a long time (Maybe it never changed :) I didn't pay attention)

Edit: I had to log out and in again, to get the new goals.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2

"Upgrade any girl grade" seems like another thing to stall in favor of quests, yet another thing to track/decision to make.
The rest is fine, just normal game play or buyin as usual (ala semi-daily PoA=)) for some rewards.

Edited by jpanda
typo fix

Good: you don't get one random reward by tier, you get all 5 of them O_O. For a newbie is very very convenient.

Bad:

...NUOOOOOOOOooooo°°°°°°....

** It does a notify for every common action you do **

Please, please KK I'll buy a Platinum again, whatever you want, but don't notify for common actions. On older browsers, if you get a notify when another is showing already, you'll enter a loop and such notify doesn't disappear, trying to cancel each other and lagging the game atrociously for a minute, you have to somehow reload the page.

This thing is so boring that sometime I don't sell items and lose events volountarily to avoid breaking my device and nerves. But I cannot skip normal actions...

No one need such notify. No one want it. Please remove it. Have pity of this human subject.

• Like 1

More work to do game becoming more like a job with every patch would not have been as bad if it was one task a day i like doing missions then going afk to do other tasks in real life but seems they want us to spend that time doing these daily goals.

• Like 1

à l’instant, natstar a dit :

More work to do game becoming more like a job with every patch would not have been as bad if it was one task a day i like doing missions then going afk to do other tasks in real life but seems they want us to spend that time doing these daily goals.

More like "nice free rewards for doing things you do everyday anyway". Just like PoV, only it's easier to do.

• Like 3

Loooking at the rewards, it seems to me that the only one that matters is the 100 point reward. The other bonuses are fine if you qualify just through what you'd be doing anyways, but if you're actually going out of your way to spend resources then you'd only do it for the final 100 point jackpot. I don't think the player XP is particularly valuable; it's nice to have, but you can't time its redemption to coincide with a contest, when you consider the kobon cost equivalency of Alban's Memoirs it's really not worth spending any resources for XP of this magnitude.

As for the tasks, these are my thoughts: 

Free

Finish Daily Missions: if you can check in throughout the day, you've got this.

Win Performances in Leagues/Seasons: just have to make sure you don't run out of winning fights on the last day of a league, and natural regeneration alone should complete this for you.

Defeat Villains: again, natural regeneration of combativity will let you complete this.

Sell Items: not hard to just leave your GPx10 winnings in your inventory and sell them when the time comes. 

Spend Money: is a digit missing here or something? 1.25M is a legendary task? Easy, any active player should have no problems with this, even with the current ymens income crunch.

Buy Items from Market: everything up to Epic is basically a freebee if you can buy from the market 3 times per day, and you just need to do a couple of refreshes for the Legendary task. At least in the current game balance, you need to refresh the book merchant fairly regularly anyways so it's not a big deal to just do it when this task shows up as a Legendary task.

Easy

Level Up a Girl: pretty easy to do, but in practice most of the time you'll need to target a 1st level girl so you're just throwing books away. It's not a big resource expenditure, but you're only going to profit from doing this if it's letting you unlock the 100 point chest.

Spend Kobons: I was getting sticker shock before I remember that as a Nutaku user our Kobon prices are completely different. After accounting for exchange rate to Nubons, this is just a few shop refreshes. So not a bad deal.

Reasonable

Do Awakening: in the short-term this will require some planning to ensure I always have fodder girls ready for awakenings, as anything other than a common is way too expensive to realistically achieve this goal on a regular basis. Hopefully by the time I'm getting to level 750 and fodder girls stop being a thing the Voyeur gems will be a trash resource that I can just afford to throw away.

Upgrade Any Girl Grade: this looks annoying, in that we have to leave our girls unupgraded so they're available for this task. That's just annoying. Provided this task doesn't show up too much, however, it should be easy to manage your girls to always have someone available for level-up.

Do Champion Performances: this one will be irritating if you want to do the Legendary-difficulty challenge without spending kobons, but ultimately it's not hard just annoying.

Unreasonable

Play Mythic Pachinko 1 game: this is really expensive, and if there are no girls available to you it's probably not worth attempting this. This should really be rebalanced such that it can never be a common task, and Rare/Epic/Legendary are 1/2/3 orbs.

Play Epic Pachinko 1 Game: epic pachinko orbs are harder to come by than mythic ones, so everything I said about the last one applies to this one but moreso. It should only be an Epic or Legendary task, and 1 and 2 orbs respectively in my opinion.

Use Pachinko Orbs: unless x10 GP counts as 10 orbs, this is unreasonable. We don't get anywhere near enough orbs to blow through 10 a day, much less 50. And as good as a mythic book is, it's not worth spending that many resources.

Insane:

Play Mythic Pachinko 3/6 Games: these resources are really hard to come by, we only get a couple per month and they need to be lined up against girls we really want from the mythic pachinko. If I ever complete the mission, it will be purely incidental as that just so happened to be the day I was going to spend those resources anyways. This simply should not exist as a daily goal.

• Like 11

Even if some tasks are insane, you can just skip them. I don't know if this will always the case, but yesterday and today, I had a total of 150 Potions available. This means you can skip 2 Legendary or Epic tasks, or 3 Rare, or 1 Epic and 2 Rare (Out of 11 tasks). Even some Common tasks can be skipped, if it falls in the Unreasonable/Insane category.

If you get too many Unreasonable/Insane goals on the same day, it might even make sense to skip that day entirely (You'll waste 20k GXP and 5k Affection - way less than a day of buying market items, and up to 3 hours of combativity).

So, I agree that not all tasks are worth doing; but I feel the event is overall pretty balanced. We'll see how it goes in practice.

(Btw: my test account is lvl 215. If the level affects number/quality of the tasks, we should have even more tasks available, with higher rarity; which means it will be even easier to pick the right ones).

• Like 4

7 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:

1 - Install ublock origin

You're really helpful, but optimistic too. When someone say old, it does mean old. At my office I'm forced to use Windows XP. I own Firefox 52.9. It barely run components. As said, I've appreciated a lot your hint. Take these virtual +10k rainbow gems.

12 hours ago, Attirm said:

I don't think the player XP is particularly valuable; it's nice to have, but you can't time its redemption to coincide with a contest, when you consider the kobon cost equivalency of Alban's Memoirs it's really not worth spending any resources for XP of this magnitude.

I agree with everything you posted other than this. Alban's is NOT a good comparison for value. The reason for this is the time it takes to gain the PXP that Alban provides. Months on end for any higher level player. The DG allow you to gain the PXP far faster than Alban's and there is now a race going on. Lots and lots of players are going to hit 500 very soon due to the PoV. If you're not moving your PXP up quickly now, you're going to find D3 becoming too difficult to compete in.

A better comparison might be the PoV where you're paying 250 Nutaku Koban (600 - 100 (SP/Com)/2 to split between PXP and GXP) for 120k PXP, making 4k worth about 8 Koban.

I'm not saying that you should invest loads of resources to get this PXP. I am saying that it's worth around the same as the GXP.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

So,

Today, I can get a "common" mythic 1 game goal that requires me to play mythic 1 game 3 times, and it gives 10 points.

Tomorrow, I can get another "common" mythic 6 games goal that requires me to play mythic 6 games 1 time, and get also 10 points.

It would seem that there are many more "spend kobans" goals other than the "spend kobans" goal.

Please tell me I'm getting this wrong.

You haven't to make all goals per day. So you can ignore some of them and can get the 100 points from the others. It will be so that you have every day the decision which goals are doablae and necessary to reach the 100 points.

It depends very much an the mix of the goals if you need koban to reach the 100 points. We have to wait and see how it works in long time.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

[Tons of info and pictures about Daily Goals as currently in TS]

Thank you so, so much for this! I've been meaning to reluctantly open the TS to have a look, but this gave me much more and better info than I could have gathered myself from my one fairly low-level and long unused test account. Plus I didn't have to open the TS myself to get it (big bonus for me). ❤️ 👍

--------
Spend kobans might be an issue, but "randomly burn your precious and super hard to get MPx3 and MPx6 orbs" takes the cake of game design failure here. Anything requiring us to burn specific orbs except maybe for GPx10s is unacceptable and clearly oblivious to how the game and meta game work.

All in all, it's still a good addition overall. I just hope the unacceptable type of tasks get replaced if you don't complete them (rather than sticking around until you do), and/or that we get the super basic and widespread option to RE-ROLL a task we can't or won't do (at least ONE once a day; that's stingy already but even ActivelyStingyBliz "give" that to their players).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm only reading this because i'm not on the TS but at my eyes too (apart some tasks) is a very good add to the game. The mythic items are already a nice incentive to do the task and there will be more exp too. Meaning another way to catch up levels (which are still very important in the game).

47 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I just hope the unacceptable type of tasks get replaced if you don't complete them (rather than sticking around until you do), and/or that we get the super basic and widespread option to RE-ROLL a task we can't or won't do (at least ONE once a day; that's stingy already but even ActivelyStingyBliz "give" that to their players)

This would be great ! 👍

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I agree with everything you posted other than this. Alban's is NOT a good comparison for value. The reason for this is the time it takes to gain the PXP that Alban provides. Months on end for any higher level player. The DG allow you to gain the PXP far faster than Alban's and there is now a race going on. Lots and lots of players are going to hit 500 very soon due to the PoV. If you're not moving your PXP up quickly now, you're going to find D3 becoming too difficult to compete in.

A better comparison might be the PoV where you're paying 250 Nutaku Koban (600 - 100 (SP/Com)/2 to split between PXP and GXP) for 120k PXP, making 4k worth about 8 Koban.

I'm not saying that you should invest loads of resources to get this PXP. I am saying that it's worth around the same as the GXP.

I don't think you appreciate how little XP we're talking about here. Even if you end up missing the 4000 XP reward chest 100 times over the course of a year, that's only going to put you back about 2-3 levels. It's not nothing, but not enough to merit spending resources on literally a hundred difficult tasks. Nor is 2-3 levels going to have a huge impact on your difficulty in Leagues.

• Thinking 1

• FinderKeeper changed the title to Daily Goals - now LIVE