Daily Goals - now LIVE

FinderKeeper

28 minutes ago, Attirm said:

I don't think you appreciate how little XP we're talking about here. Even if you end up missing the 4000 XP reward chest 100 times over the course of a year, that's only going to put you back about 2-3 levels. It's not nothing, but not enough to merit spending resources on literally a hundred difficult tasks. Nor is 2-3 levels going to have a huge impact on your difficulty in Leagues.

indeed, xp isnt that important for leagues or pvp anymore. But most people forget that having a high level has other advantages, the most important: getting more stuff from PoP. In these times getting 5 or 4 or 3 orbs from a temp PoV makes a difference. That being said: I agree, before you are going to spend kobans you dont have, I wouldnt go for the last reward.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Attirm said:

I don't think you appreciate how little XP we're talking about here. Even if you end up missing the 4000 XP reward chest 100 times over the course of a year, that's only going to put you back about 2-3 levels. It's not nothing, but not enough to merit spending resources on literally a hundred difficult tasks. Nor is 2-3 levels going to have a huge impact on your difficulty in Leagues.

By that logic, PoV is not worth much either. 400k PXP is 3-4 PoVs. Currently I'd buy one per month. That's adding a quarter to a third of the gain I'd currently make over a year from the PoV. It's 2/3s of what you get from the DMs. Would you give up them?

I agree it's not earth shattering, but on this front every small gain you can make adds up. And I wouldn't suggest expending a lot on it. But neither would I trivialise this aspect of the reward system.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Would you give up them?

If I had to spend large amounts of resources? Yes, I would. Small gains add up, but so do small costs.

I don't think PXP is worth paying other valuable resources for. I wouldn't even have Alban's active if not for the fact that it gives an edge in important contests and lasts for months on end (thus a single copy will give you an edge in many contests along the way). Both Seasons and PoV can be lined up to win those contests, but daily goals can't be saved so they're not useful for that purpose. That makes them much less valuable than those bonuses that can. 

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

I think a little too many players underestimate the impact of Player Level these days. Sure, Awakenings changed the meta a LOT, but Player Level still matters quite a lot. And the final 75-50 levels are a ridiculously slow-burn grind to go through. ANY bit of extra XP you can get is more precious than some of you might assume.

I strongly recommend having one XP mythic booster equipped at all times, AND taking the extra XP from both PoV paths (as long as it's possible and somewhat reasonable, which is a tall order for our dear Kinkoid game designers unfortunately...) AND ensuring you take as close to zero loss as possible in every single League... and obviously snatching any extra bit of XP you can from the upcoming Daily Goals as well, as long as you're not Level 500.

Thinking about this in terms of "X sets you back only 2-3 levels" or "Y sets you back only 2-3 months" is an inherently incorrect way to look at it in my most humble yet honest opinion. To each their own and all that, but this game is a marathon. What I'm able to accomplish now at Level 456 is very significantly more and easier and less costly than when I was Level 448, and I would be a lot more comfortable and in a much better position if I were at Level 475 instead. Once you reach max player level, among many other things: your market stats are maxed out for life, your equipment stays relevant indefinitely (you can still get upgrades every now and then, but it will become rarer and rarer and less and less significant), you get the most out of all of your PoPs, your Total Power is much better than any lower-level player can achieve with the same girls at the same girl-level...

I'm getting a little bit tired of that "player level no longer matters" misconception spreading far and wide. It still matters, and once we reach the end of the current Girl-Level arms' race, it will matter A TON again. As a good competitive PvP player, you do NOT want to slow down your excruciatingly slow catch-up process on that. You might think you do right now, but you'll come to regret it sooner or later.

/2 cents.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Daily Goals is +30% XP over what you get currently on an average daily basis, excluding the paid PoV Path. That's a lot of XP. And it's free.

At my lvl (378), that's 1 more level every 10 days.

Sure, the further you go, the less valuable XP becomes (Because even +5 Levels when you're already 490 is only a small 1% power boost, and it's super expensive). But it will help you reach lvl 450 a lot faster, which means more Kobans from leagues earlier. And I think it's pretty clear in the leagues results: lvl ~490+ go for Top 1, lvl ~450 go for Top 4, and the rest aims for Top 15 or 30. With a bit of variation for players willing to spend more Kobans to play above their league, obviously.

Beyond a certain point (Can't say which level for sure), the value of XP decreases (Falling to 0 once you reach lvl 500, obviously). But below this point, PXP is one of the most valuable resources IMO, and shouldn't be neglected. Equipment and Market stats still play a huge role in your total power (Less and less with Awakening, we all agree, but still huge nonetheless)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Liliat said:

Daily Goals is +30% XP over what you get currently on an average daily basis, excluding the paid PoV Path. That's a lot of XP. And it's free.

Based on what I understand of the system, the first three chests of the day are basically free and any realistic combination of daily goals will make it trivial to open them. It's really only the final chest of the day that's in question here, as that requires you to complete most of the goals and you may be forced to tackle some that require you to expend resources in wasteful ways. This means that final chest isn't necessarily free, and you actually have to weigh the resource costs against its value. Being higher level is useful for better league results and PoP rewards, but there does come a point where the resource expenditure does exceed the value.

At my level, it takes around 160k experience to level up. The final chest grants 4k experience, so I need 40 chests to add up to 1 level of experience. It's not nothing, sure, but I'd need to miss a lot of days to lose even a single level. If those are days with ridiculous and unreasonable daily goals, then I am better off saving 40 days worth of resources and accepting being a level behind. In my view, the GXP  is the more valuable resource here, as we're directly spending kobons on a regular basis for that because it has an outsized impact on league battles.

Part of my stance on PXP is due to my own level and position. I'm level 448 and will be level 449 shortly. I'm on the verge of getting the final PoP improvement, so that simply won't factor into the value of PXP for me going forward. What matters is whether I expect being at a higher level to provide advantages in leagues that let me take higher rewards levels, and whether the cost of that XP is worth the expected value of the higher rewards. So far, keeping an Alban's in effect constantly since they were introduced has put me about one level ahead of where I would have otherwise been. How often have league results been so close that one level's worth of stat upgrades and gear made the difference. I agree it's wrong to say that player level is worthless, but one level has a very small impact and I question whether it has ever changed a league outcome for me.

For lower-level players this is a different consideration. You have much further to go, more PoP thresholds to unlock, and you will probably have many Alban's active throughout your careers adding up to a big XP gulf that puts you many levels ahead of where you would have otherwise been. So for those in a lower-level position I think Alban's is a great deal. For me with the final PoP upgrade imminent and level 500 on the immediate horizon, it's a different story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

Part of my stance on PXP is due to my own level and position. I'm level 448 and will be level 449 shortly. I'm on the verge of getting the final PoP improvement, so that simply won't factor into the value of PXP for me going forward.

Uh... the final PoP Improvement (level 15) is at level 490 🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

If 6-12 months is "immediate" to you, sure. Otherwise, you are wrong. Happens to the best of us, no shame in that.

I´d even say 12+ months :D ...I´m currently lvl 476 and I expect to get to lvl 500 in 5-6 months depending on how much xp KK decides to throw at us :P

• Like 5

Il y a 9 heures, Attirm a dit :

Based on what I understand of the system, the first three chests of the day are basically free and any realistic combination of daily goals will make it trivial to open them. It's really only the final chest of the day that's in question here, as that requires you to complete most of the goals and you may be forced to tackle some that require you to expend resources in wasteful ways. This means that final chest isn't necessarily free, and you actually have to weigh the resource costs against its value

Ah, I see. In that case, yes, going all-in just for 4k XP is not that smart :) 3.5k XP are free, and if you can't reach the last chest, then it's best to let it go - unless it costs less Kobans than the Market Refreshes you'd need to get some XP or Affection, or maybe during XP Contests.

The Mythic Book and Flower alone could justify up to 80 Kobans (2 market refreshes), and then the XP is just a free bonus on top.

In any case, I don't expect these "hard daily goals" to be frequent. It's not like you have to forever ignore daily goals because it's too expensive; it's more like maybe once or twice a month you'll get an unlucky set of quests, and then you should ask yourself if the rewards are worth the few extra Kobans you'll need to spend. I suspect the answer will be "yes" in most cases. But of course, if your daily goals include all rarities of "Spend super-rare Pachinko orbs", then the answer might actually be "no" :)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

If 6-12 months is "immediate" to you, sure. Otherwise, you are wrong. Happens to the best of us, no shame in that.

I said the "immediate horizon", as in it's not some nebulous thing in the far-off future but something that actually factors into my plans for this year. So yes, 6-12 months absolutely is what I meant. 

7 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Uh... the final PoP Improvement (level 15) is at level 490

I had forgotten about that, since my only remaining concern is the last upgrade to the permanent PoP going from 3->4 Mythic orbs. IIRC the only meaningful improvement at 490 is that the temporary PoP's kick out more gems (please do correct me if I'm wrong), but that's not really a concern to me as I expect gems to be a worthless trash resource before I get there. They feel like an oppressive bottleneck right now, but I'll be working on level 750 girls by that time and the GXP requirements of those are so high that gems are just going to start piling up unused as I'm waiting on books.

5 hours ago, holymolly said:

I´d even say 12+ months :D ...I´m currently lvl 476 and I expect to get to lvl 500 in 5-6 months depending on how much xp KK decides to throw at us :P

At least for the time being, my pace has only been accelerating. My October gear was level 431, my November gear was level 435, my December gear was level 441, and now my January gear is level 448. I'm fully aware that XP costs increase as I gain levels, but in the short-term things are only going to get even faster with daily goals. 

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Has Anyone noticed today daily goals behaving strangely? It started 5 hours after normal reset time. Some of the tasks were shown as completed when it started. It then deleted all of the unclaimed potions and reset to 0 some time during the day. The remaining tasks now don't add up to 100 potions so it is impossible to finish. I don't really care about the test account but I hope KK will address this before releasing to live server.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

my only remaining concern is the last upgrade to the permanent PoP going from 3->4 Mythic orbs.

About that... I've been meaning to ask folks since I've reached the level I also expected to give that upgrade (455+), but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Here's what I've got instead (the Temp PoPs did jump to 4 orbs instead of 3 with their Level 14 as expected, but not the evergreen PoPs):

PoP - Upgrade at 455+.png

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

At least for the time being, my pace has only been accelerating. My October gear was level 431, my November gear was level 435, my December gear was level 441, and now my January gear is level 448. I'm fully aware that XP costs increase as I gain levels, but

And about this... You're Level 448 now, right? I've checked. I was Level 449 a month ago. I've reached 455 (and some change) last week when I took all of the previous PoV and  all of the January Season XP on Thursday for LC Day 1 (from 453). As you can see in my screenshot above, I'm now 456, and back to my usual snail pace of "maybe one level a week, plus maybe a couple levels a month during LC". There are 52 weeks in a year and every level I take costs about ~10% more XP than the previous one, so... Yeah, @holymolly's right, my estimate was generous. More like 9-12 months?

And that's with an Alban booster equipped at all times and following all of my own tips laid out earlier on (eg Player XP is a BIG priority to me). So if I understand correctly, it should be a little slower than that for you (beyond the fact that I'm a few months ahead of you, I mean, you're also gaining XP slower than me as you don't prioritize it as much).

Sure, Daily Goals' XP should help. But that was a big part of my point earlier on: it won't help as much for players who won't let it. :D 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Has Anyone noticed today daily goals behaving strangely? It started 5 hours after normal reset time. Some of the tasks were shown as completed when it started. It then deleted all of the unclaimed potions and reset to 0 some time during the day. The remaining tasks now don't add up to 100 potions so it is impossible to finish. I don't really care about the test account but I hope KK will address this before releasing to live server.

If you did part of the goals in your PC, and then later you connected from your phone and did more goals, they are not shown in the PC session unless you logout and login again, and even so some points are not added so it is possible to have enough goals finished to reach 100 points, but the total points are less than that so you are not able to claim the last rewards.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jelom said:

If you did part of the goals in your PC, and then later you connected from your phone and did more goals, they are not shown in the PC session unless you logout and login again, and even so some points are not added so it is possible to have enough goals finished to reach 100 points, but the total points are less than that so you are not able to claim the last rewards.

I just tried logging out and back in. It didn't change anything. Potions for goals completed earlier in the day are still lost even though the goals shown as completed. And some goals that I never even tried are shown as completed but no potions were rewarded.

image.png.edd0ed9b73fd7ba85e10ba92d1b912d8.png

image.png.edc0e68a94321cbe807cd45c4124d450.png

image.png.901c9c2a5044a88a7ae5d3d1009f6621.png

Edit: added screenshots

Edited by Methos2
  • Thanks 2

On the first day, I noticed that the timer was broken, and daily goals were only reset when I logged out and back in. It wasn't a big deal; I simply lost a few hours, but no potions or anything.

Still, I suspect this will go live as-is (as usual :D ), so... Maybe make sure to log out and back in just after the daily reset? That might be safer :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Apparently Daily Goals are now live. Just got a pop-up result for one, and I'm not on the test server.

yes, they are live; got implemented with the patch half an hour ago; I already finished my goals for today, but I was almost not able to. After reset things will look different. There also seem to be some changes (like spending energy was added) and (visual) bugs, like timer does not count down

• Like 1

Completed the DGs for today. That was very nice :)

I hadn't really looked at this in detail, but I'm surprised no-one has really mentioned the Combativity. An extra 6/day. If done smartly that's 24 extra over an normal MD. That's a saving of around 42/252 Koban for the event. More over OD and other events. It's not earth shattering, but it's a decent extra.

EDIT - In fact it's more. If you're banking your Seasons/PoA Combativity for MD, you've got a full bank from the 30th of the previous month. So there are an additional 3-4 days worth of Combativity you can add to your bank before the MD even starts.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

il y a une heure, blaa a dit :

and (visual) bugs, like timer does not count down

As usual, it was already mentioned during the "tests", but went live anyway :) Be aware: you might need to log out and back in after reset, to get new daily goals (and to refresh the timer)

Edit:

il y a 15 minutes, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

I'm surprised no-one has really mentioned the Combativity. An extra 6/day.

Come on:

Citation

5 rewards, one of each rarity (So, you want to reach 100 potions per day), a bit of combativity (6 per day, can't be stored, unless you're already in accumulation mode). Looks good to me so far.

(Ok, it's a bit unfair, I posted that in Chit-chat, before this ticket was created :D )

Edited by Liliat
  • Haha 1

• FinderKeeper changed the title to Daily Goals - now LIVE
On 1/21/2022 at 7:05 AM, Liliat said:

It seems that rewards directly depend on rarity: Common = 10 points, Rare = 15, Epic = 20, Legendary = 25

I feel that this system is broken. Three or four times the effort should generate more than 2 to 2.5 times the reward.

I realize that the system generates more than enough reward to complete the requirements if you complete the daily assignments, but a decreasing reward in relation to the amount of investment is sort of a theme with this game's development, and it can be rather discouraging.

• Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

à l’instant, Chrystoph a dit :

I feel that this system is broken. Three or four times the effort should generate more than 2 to 2.5 times the reward.

Not necessarily: you often have similar goals of different rarities, which you can complete in parallel. For example, I need to win Seasons 10, 15 and 20 times, for a total of 60 Potions. So, 6 times the potions for 4 times the difficulty, compared to a single common "5 wins in seasons".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1