Daily Goals - now LIVE

FinderKeeper

I dunno how people can find any single word against this feature.

I'm going even further to say something like this should totally replace Daily Missions, that are dust from the clicker game past. Click.... wait 18 minutes... collect. Wow, interesting. Rewarding. Actual. Mmmmh, how tasty are Daily Missions... Everyone feel engaged by them.

I'm just another voice that feel strange the tab is the first you meet when clicking on Activities. Is not a logical factor: Daily Contests are not self contained too and ask you to go around the interface to get points. It's more about having Daily Missions and PoP scattered, that are instead self contained contexts. Design want to have equal contexts being grouped (ideally speaking, Missions and PoP should be grouped in a section ["Activities"], Goals and Contests in another ["Challenges"], that will include PoV too).

If anything can be said, is how sometime PoV and DailyG can overlap and they could have been grouped in a single feature. But whatever, the thing work the same.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 2

13 hours ago, lepidocter said:

I dunno how people can find any single word against this feature.

I don't know that anyone is against this feature. I haven't read any post that suggests someone hating this feature. Some people are annoyed about the timer bug or the UI design. We had some discussion about whether or not this the goals are truly "free" to do. The consensus is that DG is a welcomed addition.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, lepidocter said:

I'm going even further to say something like this should totally replace Daily Missions, that are dust from the clicker game past. Click.... wait 18 minutes... collect. Wow, interesting. Rewarding. Actual. Mmmmh, how tasty are Daily Missions... Everyone feel engaged by them.

While I get what you mean and I don't really disagree that the Daily Missions are definitely one of the most Tamagotchi like features in HH, I think all idle games have and probably even have to have some of that feel in them, by nature and design. Technically, HCL's daily missions were a copy-paste of HH's, not the other way around (for historical accuracy). More importantly, I definitely wouldn't want Daily Missions to be removed, they are a huge part of the daily rewards we can get for playing the game daily. If they were to be replaced, or reworked, it would have to be in a way that doesn't reduce our daily amount of available free resources. Since Daily Goals were an addition (and a great one, we agree), they can't replace Missions now. It would have to be something else, and since Missions are tied to tons of other features (including DGs, Classic and OD events, Contests etc.) I'd rather the devs work on some of the other, much higher priorities instead.

14 hours ago, lepidocter said:

I'm just another voice that feel strange the tab is the first you meet when clicking on Activities.

So you have yet to install the community script? It fixes that for you, along with dozens of other missing and/or less than ideal QoL and UI things.
--------------------
By the way, I'm glad your girlfriend ended up fully healing from covid as expected (being properly vaccinated). And I'm also glad you're back to posting regularly and in a sane fashion. However, considering the massive and massively inappropriate tantrum you threw at us when she caught it, I would have expected you to at least make one quick post somewhere in Off-topic just to clearly let us know (as I had strongly encouraged you to do at the time). That would have been more polite than just resuming your regular posts as if nothing had ever happened, and letting us guess that it likely means she recovered.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, DvDivXXX a dit :

Well, that might be too much to ask, considering that Season fights already give GXP and Affection (contrary to League fights). ^^

And considering season fights are unlimited, whereas league fights are not. That would be a sure P2W way to lvl 500. Especially when we see the Leaderboards for the current PvP PoV :)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Liliat said:

And considering season fights are unlimited, whereas league fights are not. That would be a sure P2W way to lvl 500. Especially when we see the Leaderboards for the current PvP PoV :)

agreed, even though another(!) p2w path for a minor advantage wouldnt bother me that much anymore. But, ofc, I am speaking from a high level position, not sure how mid-level players would feel. That being said, i dont see why we need even more xp in the game yet.

edit: kinda ironic how they made a survey what players miss in the game before(!) they changed most of the game meta. Now they only have useless data, but, I am afraid, they still gonna use it for decision making

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

I am seeing something strange on the test server. This is different from the lost chest bug I saw before. I passed tier 2 so the chest shows the claim button but I get an error message if I try to claim it. Have anyone seen this?

image.png.09885f60ac343912cd1e632072cc1154.png

image.png.0062f5d3a68c364e652a6f65162f128e.png

Edit: the claim button disappears once I move to next tier. This may just be a visual issue.

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I'm seeing a bug with the DG on Nutaku:

image.thumb.png.0ac329c1c3928d2c86760723e75341c7.png

I've actually completed all 100 and all chests were available last night (the Champion Performances was also complete). Even discounting the Champion Performances, I have 75 potions completed but it's only opened to the first chest.

I've submitted a support request for this, but thought it might be useful info for others here.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I'm seeing a bug with the DG on Nutaku:

Thanks for reporting. That's the same bug I saw and reported during testing phase on test server. It's been weeks and they still haven't fixed it. Because of it, I now claim immediately to avoid this bug.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Thanks for reporting. That's the same bug I saw and reported during testing phase on test server. It's been weeks and they still haven't fixed it. Because of it, I now claim immediately to avoid this bug.

It's also shorted me 80 potions on PoV as it was an XP contest and I missed the top 25 because I couldn't claim the XP. We'll see what support are prepared to do when they respond next week.....

got the same/similar as JVR bug over here; not sure why it hasnt counted DM or champion fights either. At least champion fights I could do now. Still, only 4 chests for 115 potions. Not sure yet, if i just do the remaining tasks (dont like them) or if I actually write a support ticket.image.thumb.png.a43fbbc5ee8848dde1dfc908f48dd68d.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blaa said:

got the same/similar as JVR bug over here; not sure why it hasnt counted DM or champion fights either. At least champion fights I could do now. Still, only 4 chests for 115 potions. Not sure yet, if i just do the remaining tasks (dont like them) or if I actually write a support ticket.image.thumb.png.a43fbbc5ee8848dde1dfc908f48dd68d.png

I'm getting the same problem here. Done ~8 Champion Performances and it's stuck on 4 :(

Update - it actually appears that not all Champion Performances are being counted, but I haven't seen the rest of this issue I reported above. So it looks like there are two different bugs at play here. One that ignores potions that have been earned and another that doesn't count Champion Performances. I suspect that the Champion Performances is related to using different devices (mob vs desktop).

Regardless I've managed to finish and claim today's DGs.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, holymolly said:

For me it´s working just fine.. I´d suggest taking a screenshot and contacting support..just so you guys don´t miss out on the rewards..since it´s sunday they´ll probably won´t do anything about the issue/bug before monday :/

Thanks. I did yesterday. I got over the line today despite the issue so I'm not going to flag that up.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, natstar said:

Make sure you tell them what internet browser you're using if your having problems with daily missions still after already logging out and back in before starting them.

oh, yeah, i forgot to tell them about stuff like this; i will, if they ask then.

And like JVR i suspect it's caused via using mobile and desktop for different tasks/different time points on a day (when DG are not yet finished)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, blaa said:

oh, yeah, i forgot to tell them about stuff like this; i will, if they ask then.

And like JVR i suspect it's caused via using mobile and desktop for different tasks/different time points on a day (when DG are not yet finished)

You should be able to make another post if you opened a report to add more information because you cannot edit it.

• Like 1

For the bug to appear is a neccesary condition to complete some of the daily goals in two different devices. some times logging out and in again can synchronize the goals state, but not always the total amount of potions that you should have according to the finished goals.

I still need more testing, but It seems that when you finish a goal the total potions is updated first locally and then sent to the server, and if you had less total potions in the other device, when you add another goal potions to the local total it can overwrite the server total, negating the potions obtained in the other device before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3