Daily goals: award or punishment?

erhuty

Not wanting XP is an exotic desire as most players want as much of it as possible. The higher your player level the better equipment and more stat improvements you get.

Starting with world 7 Magic Forest the XP gain of the main story is very slow and after Level 230ish you need much more XP for the next one so extra XP gains like from Season, League, PoV and now Daily goals is very much welcome by most players.

Not to mention the possibilities for Daily Contests that say "Gain XP". 😜

There is actually two big reasons:
You can't be competitive if you stay at low level. For example, PoP are base on level and the amounts of gems from the PoP missions are based on level, which meeans that over time, a player higher level than you will have more from that. In leagues and season, you'll fall behind when your opponents will unlock more thresholds than you so it's gonna be hard to win the league guy for example or climb in season which can also make you miss a season's guy. Market has also an upgraded in it items offers based on level. You have more legendary items in the shop as you level up.
In any RP style games, getting exp should be the main obcession for any players because unlocking stuff and becoming more powerful is the fun. Being behind players that have been playing for years is frustrating. They invested a lot of time to get everything and be where they are but should new players spend the same amount of time to be where older players are actually? And if so, where will old players be then? Does this time has the same value about the game that is has then? Of course not. The content that have been put 5 years ago doesn't have the same value now that it had then because the game has evolved since. Therefore, why as a player would you want to spend the exact same time than an older player did? (To put it in an other perspective, do you want to live exactly like your grand parents during the stone age or do you want to enjoy electricity 😂?)

The other reason is that it's easier to introduce new content or make balance update if all the players are on the same base. Putting new content that not all the players can enjoy because they are low level is an absurdity and most of the new content have been imaginated for people that have been here for a long time: players that are level 500 have now the possibility to play a harem battle with lvl 750 girls/guys. They also asked, in the last HH survey's results, content that will be designed from their feedback since older players are the majority of the player's base.

1. I have 200+ guys and all of them have all their stars opened. Most of them have x2-x3 of my lvl and I see no problem to up my Legendary guys to 700 lvl within few months. I have no problems in Seasons etc. What I'm doing wrong? ;)

2. Game devs wants more players on high levels. Thanks, not for me while it would bring me nothing except collision with players with 500+ guys in harem, mythic guys, etc.

Nothing wrong with staying low lv as there isn't really a right or wrong way to play, I can certainly see the benefit of staying low lv. That said though wanting less rewards because it doesn't fit your play style isn't a realistic request. I know someone who doesn't like recruiting every guy and will go out of their way to avoid free guys he doesn't want and its cost him some nice rewards over the years too.

• Thinking 1

I see the reason to not getting all of guys at least for more comfortable Champions confrontation. As for the XP reward, it pressing players up to the levels where they meet more mature players, can't fight'em an have a choice: play only PvE locations or leave the game.

I suppose the good way to deal with Daily goals award is to redesign rewards claim system. Lets say it would be 5 different buttons for the 5 different awards: money, books, XP, etc. Every time you get the millestone you can press the relevant button(s) and get desired award(s): all or some of them. For example pressing the money button at 1st millestone gives you 25k coins, at the 2nd millestone - 25k+50k coins, etc. So you can get all the money for all 5 millestones but not get XP at all.

hace 1 hora, erhuty dijo:

I see the reason to not getting all of guys at least for more comfortable Champions confrontation. As for the XP reward, it pressing players up to the levels where they meet more mature players, can't fight'em an have a choice: play only PvE locations or leave the game.

This makes no sense as those more mature players are also receiving more XP , not only you, they upgrade too so you are not going to catch them never unless they stop playing. If your problem is facing PvE that's normal as tower of fame is just a reflex of your harem and stats and seasons you can win many times using boosters and focusing the resources in the right places, receiving XP only helps you even more if you are new to the game.

20 hours ago, Kaidun said:

more mature players are also receiving more XP , not only you, they upgrade too so you are not going to catch them never

I would catch them at lvl 500. Or better to say they would cathc me ;)

20 hours ago, Kaidun said:

seasons you can win many times using boosters

Now I can win Seasons without boosters.

Whatever, to up or not to up - isn't a point, the point is that: some players does the tasks required to obtain reward but won't get it while they concern part of reward as punishement not as prize.

hace 4 horas, erhuty dijo:

Whatever, to up or not to up - isn't a point,

That was the whole point of your statement.... For me this new feature fixes the removal of rewards after the awakening update, of course everyone play as he wants  and you can request any feature but I don't see the selective rewards thing being implemented by the developers.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:41 PM, Eckos said:

Not wanting XP is an exotic desire as most players want as much of it as possible. The higher your player level the better equipment and more stat improvements you get.

Are you still sure? 😄 Make 200k+ points in Pachinko contest? No problem for me!

https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/22050-daily-contests-a-frequent-resource-drain/

Edited by erhuty

It would be no problem if I wanted to as I have the orbs to theoretically do it, but for measly 300 kobans I simply don't think it is worth it anymore.

That's also what I stated in the other thread.

It's not that I don't have the means to compete because of my higher level, but as said in the thread I am no longer sure if such investments are still worth their cost in relation to the possible rewards.

10 hours ago, Eckos said:

I am no longer sure if such investments are still worth their cost in relation to the possible rewards.

That is exactly what I'm talking about. To get 200k points in contest we both need to buy same quantity of 8 games mythic orbs and we both would get same quantity of items (Books, Gifts, etc.) from it. But you would pay much more for the same quantity of orbs (items) due to your higher level. There is another good reason to not get XP.

Who speaks of Mythic Orbs, lol. You can get 200k points from 25 GPx10 Orbs you can earn from Places of Power so there is no cost discrepancy because of level.

However that would be 25 orbs less for more important stuff like Legendary Contest where you can get MPx3 and MPx6 orbs as rewards which is arguably way more valuable than 120 or possibly 300 kobans.

Not to mention you'd likely to have invest many more orbs due to increased competition from other players, but that's still not a good reason to forego higher quality equipment and the possibility to invest more in your own player stats which are capped by your current level.

My fault, definitely I meant Great Pachinko orbs ;) But all the rest of said is still valid: no matter how you'd spend that orbs and how you'd get'em (buying or get free from PoPs) that is the big difference of 'cost' between let's say lvl 100 and 200.