Daily Contests a frequent resource drain?

Eckos

Ever since going beyond the 270s in Player Level I've found it to be quite resource-intensive to reach the top 4 (and thus get kobans) in Daily Contests on both Nutaku and the main server.

Now the question is if it would be better to start and ignore most Daily contests (except when the Legendary Contest is running), saving up the resources and use them more for upgrading and leveling the harem as well as stockpiling things such as Pachinko Orbs en masse for Day 2 of Legendary Contest instead of wasting them in contests like this one:

GH_main_DC_wasted_Resources.thumb.png.e1d56a5d2469cb0d2145a7a43e2fb7eb.png

The top players there are sporting points that can only be reached by burning through dozens of more rare orbs or even more GPX10 orbs and I am no longer sure this investment is worth it especially for the 120 kobans on 2nd to 4th place?

Another Contemplation would be getting a monthly card, as they give you daily kobans too and could probably easily replace the Daily Contests saving up lots of resources in the meantime at least when it comes to Pachinko orbs, XP and money.

Maybe this is the "threshold" where I should start looking more towards the Tower/League as main koban income provider and start preparing my 5 star Legendarys for some more battle power?

Personally I ignore contests, reset is at a terrible time for me and if you can't be up right before they end there isn't much point. That said they will keep getting more difficult until you reach the highest level bracket in GH at 361.

Mostly I ignore them except for LC but keep in mind the PoV that's ending will be replaced with a contest PoV.

I see, well, the current contest on the main server has "Do champion performances" as a condition alongside "fight villains" which you have to do for the event anyways.

With more than 500 Champion tickets in the bank I think I can afford to go in there a little. The PoA event at month's end requires around 120 champion tickets in total so as long as I keep the ticket stock around that number there shouldn't be any problem.

"Donate money" and "Do pachinko"-contests however I think I will ignore indeed. Also the "Gain XP" contests get increasingly harder because you want to keep the Season and PoV EXP rewards for Legendary Contest and the main story gives less and less XP starting with Magical Forest.

If the general difficulty goes up anyways I will certainly carefully pick in which DC I participate and in which ones I don't to save up resources.

I do hope that the new PoV will reward potions for scoring points in contests only, not rely on which rank you place at the end of one. PoVs run long enough that you might be able to ignore two or three contests and still collect enough potions to get the guy(s).

I ignore the ones that require donations/money because they are far too time dependent and I am not in a time zone that is helpful. But I do save up a lot of my pachinko orbs and experience books for the contest days and that usually gets me in the top four to get the extra 120 kobans. Sometimes I even wait to redeem a guy I win in Seasons or wherever until I know that there is a contest that will give me the extra 50,000 points for dude. Those extra kobans have actually made it so that I can get the path of Valor unlocked, sometimes. And I almost always win the contest on days that require Champion performances because I work a job where I can compete every 15 minutes and those 900 points add up in all of the championship rings and the clubs.