After Covid

lepidocter

I did a personal post on my GF touched by COVID and all consequences.

Probably I had to write something about just after, the reason I didn't is the thing is not ended at all after the illness.

I'll try to explain the situation.

In my country, you're called to do two doses of vax and after 6 months a slight booster. This is the regular routine. But, if you get ill the procedure change.

Your family doc must call the proper agency (here called ASL) to set up for a special molecular test. This WAS the only way of assuring you get COVID "for real". Normal, quick or self done tests weren't officially accepted. Being healthy after get ill is equivalent to have completed the whole vax cycle, so you get a permanent green pass.

The doc didn't. She simply didn't called ("I'm a busy woman!"). When my GF felt a bit better, the doc tell her to go do a serum test. The serum test (high costly) was done. The doc then replied "Oh, well, whatever, that test mean nothing anyway".

The overall effect is my GF is considered by health service as never got infected. They also reduced (retroactively) the delay of doses from 6 to 4 months.

The consequence is she must do again the vax just after the second dose and highly risking for overdose consequences OR simply live as a no-vax for three months.

In our country, no-vax measures are really strong: you're cutted out from all social activity, included job, but mostly public transportation. As we live in two different regions (and mean, just 1 hour of local train of distance...) we are practically parted away. I cannot move due the impredictable nature of my job. She cannot take a coffee, make an haircut, and go work.

So, we are now debating with the Health Ministry itself to clarify the situation that's really a paradox, to skip the strong booster and do a slighter one with some medical follow up.

In the meanwhile, I have to fight my GF too, as she want to risk whatever.

That's why I'm back here writing and commenting. After a week in Rome to fight the universe, I'm back home with destroyed nerves and waiting for any news. Clicking buttons and writing silly comments around is my way of relaxing.

A Tuscany private clinic seems willing to collaborate, and this week the situation can definitely unlock. In the meantime I feel the need to avoid any kind of stress.

So, if someone wanted to know how the thing ended, the thing is not ended at all, I'm just here writing stupid comments waiting for a phone call.

• Thanks 2

• holymolly locked and unlocked this topic
4 hours ago, lepidocter said:

So, if someone wanted to know how the thing ended, the thing is not ended at all, I'm just here writing stupid comments waiting for a phone call.

Thanks for the update. I understand the administrative aftermath of her illness seems pretty frustrating, but that's a different situation altogether. I first and foremost wanted to know that your GF recovered and is now in good health, man. I wasn't joking when I said I was concerned at the time (you were worried sick and painting a very dark picture, remember; that can worry people who have even a bit of empathy and read you, you know). Glad to have confirmation that she's healed.

Each country (and sometimes region or state within the same country) has different rules and safety measures for Covid, as for most other things. I'm not familiar with how it works in Italy but judging from your post it looks like people have to jump through hoops for things that should be much simpler (and they are in other parts of the world, like here in France for instance, though no doubt other places have it way worse than Italy as well).

The main thing that hit me reading your update above is that it looks like your GF might want to choose a different doctor as her regular practitioner from now on. What you described seems really lax and borderline unprofessional, at least from where I sit. As in any profession, there are a majority of people doing a decent to good job, a minority of outstanding people, and then also a minority you might want to avoid if at all possible. Your regular Medical Doctor is definitely someone you want to be at the very least competent, and ideally someone who cares.

Anyways, best of luck to the both of you, and again thanks for the update. ❤️ 

• Like 1

All of you are very gentle and I'm very glad to have some degree of communication with you.

Her health was really put on danger, she had also one urgent degency, drip nutrition and you can figure out how one can feel about - you cannot even do some visit in the meanwhile.

She now appear healthy. As a lasting consequence, she just feel feeble the whole day, I've read this is quite common. As she get hospitalized already for other conditions, i feel very apprehensive about any unnecessary treatment.

The stressing situation include her kid, her parents (I had a ferocious discussion about, so I broke contacts), some of mine issues, I can say the infection didn't touched just the body, but to my own surprise it broke some delicate social balance.

Sorry again if this update came late, I was insensible to just write down stuff without caring for your interest.

• Thanks 1